PDA

View Full Version : Matches in which nothing happens

BilstonBlue
23-06-17, 01:05 PM
I've only recently started playing CM0102 again, after a fifteen year break, but I'm encountering something I never did before, and so I'm unsure whether it's a regular aspect of the game or if it's a fault that's occuring.

I get games, probably around 1 in 10, maybe 1 in 8ish, where nothing happens. There's no commentary. On the player stats page each player will have made maybe 5 passes. No shots or tackles. Because nothing happens, it's impossible to change tactics as the ball never goes out of play. The action zones will show around 95% in your opponent's third, 5% in the middle, and 0% at your end. Occassionally there'll be one shot in the game, which may or may not be scored, but if it's against you you never get a chance to equalise. At the end of the match players will all still be around 97% fitness.

One thing I do tactically, which I don't think would cause this but thought I'd mention in case it did, was I get every player (except goalkeeper) to man mark a specific opponent.

So are my man-marking tactics having this effect on matches, or is this a glitch?

For the record, I've encountered this on the original download and the .68 version.

Thanks for any help/answers.

Erkifino
23-06-17, 01:38 PM
Are you Man utd?

Only messing. Haven't seen this before. I've seen long quiet spells, or 2nd halves that fly but not as bad as this.

AMC
23-06-17, 01:48 PM
Same, I've seen halves with a few lines of commentary and a very rare time nothing at all but nothing like this.

Kingsley
23-06-17, 02:17 PM
I've been to real life matches like that .... mostly at Firhill, but like others I have seen an occasional half with no action, but not as bad as you are getting.

BilstonBlue
23-06-17, 04:40 PM
Thanks for your replies. This phenomenon has occured while I've been managing Telford and Walsall, so perhaps that explains why.

ebfatz
23-06-17, 04:45 PM
Grab some screenshots next time it happens. :ok:

Offside Trap
23-06-17, 04:47 PM
I had this in a game, where the first 45 minutes, literally, nothing happened, and there was no commentary at all, it was Man U vs Liverpool, that may have had an effect :)

BilstonBlue
23-06-17, 05:20 PM
Grab some screenshots next time it happens. :ok:

Hey, I'm a luddite. I still use a clothes mangle and you should feel the weight of my iron. I play wing halves on CM. I think the point I'm making is I may need some guidance on the screenshot thingy. :bolt:

ebfatz
23-06-17, 08:14 PM
Hey, I'm a luddite. I still use a clothes mangle and you should feel the weight of my iron. I play wing halves on CM. I think the point I'm making is I may need some guidance on the screenshot thingy. :bolt:

All pretty simple.

1. Alt + PrtSc (Print Screen)
2. Open Paint
3. Paste into Paint
4. Save
5. Open postimage.org
6. Upload your image
7. Copy the option 'Hotlink for Forums'
8. Paste into your reply here

:ok:

Erkifino
23-06-17, 09:04 PM
Alternatively to what my esteemed colleague ebz has suggested

Alt + prtsc
Open imgur.com
Ctrl + v
Hoover over the picture and get the 'BB code'
Drop back here and paste the 'BB code'

colml
23-06-17, 09:09 PM
Hoover over the picture and get the 'BB code'

http://i.imgur.com/9kmxv.gif

Erkifino
23-06-17, 11:19 PM
I meant hover... Like the 'craft... :facepalm:

BilstonBlue
24-06-17, 02:29 PM
I'll settle for a bit of what Henry had there. Thanks though; I will post back when this happens again.

KL1
24-06-17, 04:32 PM
This happened to me before, but it was a one off not a regular occurrence.

http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=578&page=143&p=344075#post344075

Erkifino
24-06-17, 04:39 PM
I'll settle for a bit of what Henry had there. Thanks though; I will post back when this happens again.

You can check retrospectively. Albeit, may take a while to find a blank report.

samsami
30-03-18, 09:49 AM
I played a match and the first 45 minutes nothing happened at all.
No passes, no shots. Empty match report.
What's more everyone's condition was almost 100%.

The second half went normally.

Is that a known bug?

Rapinoe
30-03-18, 03:31 PM
What's a clothes mangle?

AngryKiwi
31-03-18, 02:40 AM
What's a clothes mangle?

I got myself asking the same question.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mangle_(machine)

saturn
31-03-18, 07:33 PM
I had one of these recently. I was Palace and was throwing the FA Cup game because I didn't want to be in the competition.

https://i.imgur.com/0ShTsz3.png

Managed to do it as efficiently as possible!