Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Auction Listings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    I've got some feedback from Erkifino and AJ these past few days and I'm going to sort the players by position (style) to make it easier to not miss any players. Also I'm going to introduce min/max bidding on players (new rule) so tied bids are less likely to hold up the auction proces!
    Missing players is the fault of the person and not your lists mate. It added to the fun. If I'm honest, I don't like the players grouped like this. Takes away something. Changing it just because 2 people didn't like it is also very undemocratic. You've done exactly what Redders did, change the rules as you go along and I don't like it.

I'm ummming and aaahing now if I really want to carry on.

Thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trunky View Post
    Missing players is the fault of the person and not your lists mate. It added to the fun. If I'm honest, I don't like the players grouped like this. Takes away something. Changing it just because 2 people didn't like it is also very undemocratic. You've done exactly what Redders did, change the rules as you go along and I don't like it.

I'm ummming and aaahing now if I really want to carry on.

Thanks.
    I see your point and I should have consorted it with the rest before I changed anything. I agree with you on the grouping part and I will revert them back to how I did them: alphabetically.

The new min/max bidding is not a rule change, but more an added feature to deal with rebids in a faster way. Or do you oppose that as well?
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

vCash
    GFRay - make your OWN rules and people have to follow them

That’s where I went wrong last year with FFL where people were putting forward ideas/options but then it cloudies the waters.

If people don’t like your original rules they don’t have to join

You do enough work on it (as do others on running stuff) without having to chop and change

I missed Mane in last Auction and it was my fault as I didn’t pay attention to detail - so - my own fault

If now accepting max bids I assume people bids including the max must be within budget

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    GFRay - make your OWN rules and people have to follow them

That’s where I went wrong last year with FFL where people were putting forward ideas/options but then it cloudies the waters.

If people don’t like your original rules they don’t have to join

You do enough work on it (as do others on running stuff) without having to chop and change

I missed Mane in last Auction and it was my fault as I didn’t pay attention to detail - so - my own fault

If now accepting max bids I assume people bids including the max must be within budget
    Yes you are right mate, I should stick with my own rules that I've set. So in that regard, trunky is right and I've reverted the change.

The max bids must be withing budget as well yes.

vCash
    Forget about the Max bid if it's causing aggro... I only suggested it to speed things up. If it was in place, chances are we'd be on the 5th auction.

I'm easy either way.

vCash
    You wouldn't be on the 5th auction either way considering the site was offline for nearly 2 days

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    You wouldn't be on the 5th auction either way considering the site was offline for nearly 2 days
    Au contraire mon frere. There was no auction posted on Wednesday because we were waiting on rebids. If there was it would have ended tonight with the 5th one starting.

If you weren't farting around with your updating shenanigans we'd be on auction 6, but who's counting? Not me. No siree, Bob.
    I forgive you though

vCash
    Stick how it was...

was fine looking thru all players...seeing which 5 i wanted etc...part of the fun..
    own fault if you missed any!...

min/max bid...again prob stick as it was...but can see how this (ever so slightly) speeds things up...
    wasnt needed though....

all good though Ray...keep it up!

vCash
    Alright, I've reverted the min/max bidding as well!

Let's just stick to how it was.

@London and ebz: do you want to submit new bids then or can I stick with your min bids?

vCash
    I actually didn't mind the main/max bid idea as it would have sped things along a little.

Still, who updates a website in the middle of an auction? Madness

vCash

vCash
    Would changing the deadline to somewhere in the morning be better to deal with rebids?

We could keep auction 4 at Monday 21:00 GMT and then auction 5 can go live at Tuesday 11:00 GMT with a deadline for Wednesday 11:00 GMT. Any feedback on this would be appreciated!

vCash
    deadline to midday would help, yeah.

Let me clarify something for the rest. I did not tell GFRay I didnt like his rules. Nor was I cirtical of anything. I was asked if I had any ideas and I shared my thoughts. That's it. Don't want the appearance of being ungrateful.

vCash
    Yeah that has to be made clear.

I'm still searching in all this since it's the first time I'm doing this. I also don't want to shamefully copy Mark in the DTL and want to add my own touch.

I do realize that I shouldn't be changes the rules as we go and next time I'll put any suggested changes up first for your feedback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post

Let me clarify something for the rest. I did not tell GFRay I didnt like his rules. Nor was I cirtical of anything. I was asked if I had any ideas and I shared my thoughts. That's it. Don't want the appearance of being ungrateful.
    I have it on good authority mate, a piece of loo roll stolen from Ray's toilet, that you issued a series of increasingly bizarre demands that only ended when Ray threatened to show the forum that picture of you dressed in an Ajax home shirt.

vCash
    I have it on good authority mate, a piece of loo roll stolen from Ray's toilet, that you issued a series of increasingly bizarre demands that only ended when Ray threatened to show the forum that picture of you dressed in an Ajax home shirt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post

I don't know AJ, I'm inclined to believe trunky... that's truly a believable story...

vCash
    Motherfuckers know me too well.

vCash
    so - i just need to send bids as normal? no min/max malarkey?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    so - i just need to send bids as normal? no min/max malarkey?
    Yes, just as the previous ones! Results will follow monday 21:00 and after that I'll do the next one at tuesday 11:00 with 24h deadline.

vCash
    sighhh 1 day 1hour 37minutes 16seconds to results

vCash
    yeah. I concur. Two words, nine letters.

vCash
    I got 9 of 11 now. Only Janis and Erk to submit.

Got a quick question: I was thinking to do auction 5 tomorrow night after the results of auction 4, but with a deadline for Tuesday 11:00 GMT and then post auction 6 after that. This way we can recover some of the time we lost during the upgrade and move the auction deadlines to the morning when more people are online to deal with rebids faster.

What do y'all think about this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    I got 9 of 11 now. Only Janis and Erk to submit.

Got a quick question: I was thinking to do auction 5 tomorrow night after the results of auction 4, but with a deadline for Tuesday 11:00 GMT and then post auction 6 after that. This way we can recover some of the time we lost during the upgrade and move the auction deadlines to the morning when more people are online to deal with rebids faster.

What do y'all think about this?
    Its OK with me GFRay, it only takes a few minutes and im usually on first thing anyway.

vCash
    fine with me...
    so Auction 4
    9pm monday - 11am Tuesday - give people monday night/tues morning to get their 5 bids in (13hrs)

then
    11am tues - 11am wed....24 hrs again??

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast