Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: General Discussion Thread

vCash
    no objection from me Ray, good luck

vCash
    Whatever suits you! A hiatus of two weeks wouldn't be the end of the world either?

vCash
    Ehm Yes it would.

vCash
    fine with thursdays

vCash
    The DFB-Pokal draw for the next round happened after the second matchday in November and got arranged for the 29th of November. Therefore the DFB-Pokal fixtures of 29th November are included in December's matches!
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

vCash
    Alright lads, only one more month to go (December) before we get to your favourite part of this thing: AUCTIONS AND HAGGLES!!

First there will be CPU bids for your players. Please note that you will not get more bids than the 18 player cap allows. So if you have 30 players you can get max. 12 bids, but if you have 20 players you can get max. 2 bids. This is to avoid that when you're unlucky in the next auctions, you'll be stuck with less than the minimum of 18 players.

After the CPU transfers there will be 5 winter auctions to acquire players. And after the auctions there will be a P2P window.

Then we continue and your squads will be set until the end of the season.

Here's a global planning of when everything will take place:

• Thursday evening 25th Jan: Deadline December submission and December results.

• Monday evening 29th Jan: CPU transfers posted

• Friday evening 2nd Jan: CPU transfers deadline

• Sunday evening 4th Feb: Auction 1 listings

• Monday evening 5th Feb: Auction 1 results and auction 2 listings

• Tuesday evening 6th Feb: Auction 2 results and auction 3 listings

• Wednesday evening 7th Feb: Auction 3 results and auction 4 listings

• Thursday evening 8th Feb: Auction 4 results and auction 5 listings

• Friday evening 9th Feb: Auction 5 results and opening P2P window

• Monday evening 12th Feb: End of P2P window and save game January posted

• Friday evening 16th Feb: Deadline January submission and January results

Are there any objections against this? Or are there any vacations planned which will cause conflicts with above schedule? Let me know!

Cheers!
    Last edited by GFRay; 08-02-18 at 12:44 PM.

vCash
    fine by me Ray

vCash
    all good!

vCash
    Good for me - managing this with meticulous precision

vCash
    Gentlemen, something annoying happened.

The Round of 16 for the DFB Pokal has been played, but the draw for quarterfinal is scheduled for the 20th of December. The save game is in the 'Save games' thread.

This means that this is the only game that needs to be played before we can start the winter transfer period.

If the six managers that are involved could please send me their lineup for this game then I can play it and post the result so we can move on. I don't want to play it without consulting you guys as you might want to use a different lineup than you've already submitted. This is understandable since there is some serious prize money to be won with this Cup.

Cheers!

PS: I've PM'd those involved!
    Last edited by GFRay; 25-01-18 at 09:54 PM.

vCash
    same line up is fine...

vCash
    I'll stick with the same too

vCash
    Stick as well.

vCash
    Few changes for me so I've pm'd you

vCash
    Cup line up is fine

vCash
    Fine from me, team is expected to play for the full month anyhow.

vCash
    Alright thanks lads! All managers involved have replied so I'll play the Cup game and post the result tonight!

I will then prepare the CPU bids which will be released monday and we'll follow this schedule: https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...222#post374222 for the coming winter transfer period.

vCash
    Alright mates, now that the Cup QF have been played we can move on to the part you've all been waiting for: HAGGLES!

I'm going to post the CPU bids next Monday and you'll have until Friday to accept them. A little heads up on what you can expect:

-You will all receive CPU bids, but some more than others. The max amount of offers you can get is your total squad size minus 18 (which is the minimum size that your squad needs to be). This is the max amount of offers you can get so it's possible that you can receive less than this amount.

-The offers will be rougly 60% of the players their value as I don't want to flood everyone with loads of cash (let's keep it real people!).

-Players with an ingame value >15 M will not be bid on by the CPU.

-You are likely to get bids for players who haven't seen much game time so far.

-You are allowed to haggle for these players with eachother, but you can't bid less than the CPU offers for those players.

If there are any questions about this, let me know!
    Last edited by GFRay; 28-01-18 at 11:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    Alright mates, now that the Cup QF have been played we can move on to the part you've all been waiting for: HAGGLES!

I'm going to post the CPU bids next Monday and you'll have until Friday to accept them. A little heads up on what you can expect:

-You will all receive CPU bids, but some more than others. The max amount of offers you can get is your total squad size minus 18 (which is the minimum size that your squad needs to be). This is the max amount of offers you can get so it's possible that you can receive less than this amount.

-The offers will be rougly 60% of the players their value as I don't want to flood everyone with loads of cash (let's keep it real people!).

-Players with an ingame value >15 M will not be bid on by the CPU.

-You are likely to get bids for players who haven't seen much game time so far.

-You are allowed to haggle for these players with eachother, but you can't bid less than the CPU offers for those players.

If there are any questions about this, let me know!
    Bump for this!

I'll post them tonight and will also PM each manager.

vCash
    Hi mates!

We're still in season 1, but I've already started thinking about the next seasons of this league.

I still feel that the UML is very similar to the DTL/CML, but with a few different touches. I have an idea for a change of concept that I want to pitch to you guys and I would appreciate any feedback on it.

The Idea

To create a big game world. You can choose clubs from the highest division of the top four countries (England, Spain, Germany, Italy). This will make the game more competitive as there are much more trophies to win. It will also make competitions like the Champions League and the Europa League much more competitive as more managers can be active within them.

The league doesn't reset every season, but actually continues into the next season. Players will age and eventually retire, but there will also be the opportunity to raise young prospects. You'll no longer have to worry about your players getting better/worse in a next data update.

Teams and Transfers

The idea is to start with existing squads that you take over. The top teams from each country won't be available to take over to avoid an unfair advantage. It will also make the leagues much more competitive if these squads remain managed by the CPU.

There will be two transfer periods (summer/winter) that you can use to sell and buy players. You can decide yourself which players you want to put on the transferlist and the CPU will make offers for these players. Human managers are allowed to haggle for these players, but can't bid less than the CPU.

You can make your own bids for players that you want to buy, but there will be restrictions. There will be a list of players that can't be freely bidden on (otherwise everyone would want to buy Messi), but these players will be gradually placed on a 'transferlist'. There will be auctions in which everyone can bid on these listed players.

You can bid on all other players that are not on the list, but you must bid at least their minimum value. This means that you must scout the game for players that you think can be improvement for your team. Each manager will make a shortlist this way and will submit bids for them by PM when the transfer window opens.

So only the top players (think of CA >170) will be gradually distributed through auctions.

Running the Game

There will be a simulation every week IRL, but for one game week in the game only. A game week will have all the fixtures from Monday until Sunday in the game so that will be max 2 fixtures each time. It will require more commitment from the managers as the seasons will take longer IRL, but you have more control over your team and can anticipate better when injuries/suspension occur.

There will be a free choice of tactics like we have now in the UML. So only non-wibwob tactics are allowed that have at least 3 at the back and wide players somewhere on the pitch. You can use as much tactics as you want. You can also give substitute instructions which can be used during the games.

Furthermore

There will be an opportunity to switch teams after each season, but you'll have to start over and build up again. This way there are much more trophies to collect and each trophy will award an amount of prize money. There will be additional prize money for winning all the trophies in a country or a Grand Slam (winning all the trophies you can win in a season).

This is what I've been thinking of so far. I would really appreciate it if you could give me some feedback or your own suggestions.

In no way this is set in stone or anything. I'm just looking for a way to differentiate this league a bit.

Cheers!

vCash
    It does mean less human managers per league, which makes it a bit less interesting to me.

The thought of keeping the save running over more seasons is fantastic ,I like that one.

Keeping the 170> players on a reserved list, meh. Let the masses bid on Messi. Or open up all the clubs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    It does mean less human managers per league, which makes it a bit less interesting to me.

The thought of keeping the save running over more seasons is fantastic ,I like that one.

Keeping the 170> players on a reserved list, meh. Let the masses bid on Messi. Or open up all the clubs?
    The league would be open for more managers as running the games will only be for one game week instead of a month. So that means less work for me and more managers can join in.

An option would be that you can bid on any player, but it has to be at least their minimum ingame value. This would also greatly reduce the hording of stars since you don't have unlimited funds.

What do you mean by opening up all the clubs?

vCash
    Its a decent idea, but personally I'd rather carry on as we are on UML for a few more seasons.
    I fear managers will lose interest as a season drags on too long
    If UML is too much work, maybe cut it down to 2 week saves instead of a month?

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

vCash
    Yeah, not sure on it running essentially in real time to be fair.

A full season taking a full season instead of 8 or 9 weeks is a massive difference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by evesham View Post
    Its a decent idea, but personally I'd rather carry on as we are on UML for a few more seasons.
    I fear managers will lose interest as a season drags on too long
    If UML is too much work, maybe cut it down to 2 week saves instead of a month?
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    Yeah, not sure on it running essentially in real time to be fair.

A full season taking a full season instead of 8 or 9 weeks is a massive difference.
    Good point about the length. That's some feedback I can use!