Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Alphabet Game #4 - October 2017 Data Update

vCash
    Being unsuccessful in finding a job, I decided to resign at Crusaders before the start of the season and continue my search unemployed. After three weeks the job at Ilves Tampere in Finland became available and since they haven't forgotten there what I did for Lathi, they decided to hire me.

They are in 7th position in the league only 8 points behind the current league leader (12 points behind HJK if they win their 2 games in hand) with 13 games left to play. This job seems not to hard!

C: Crusaders (Champions '19/'20 NIFL Premiership)
    L: Lahti (Champions 2018 Finnish Veikkausliiga)
    Last edited by GFRay; 06-12-17 at 12:57 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    So I left the Vikings and landed a job at relegated Trabzonspor in the Turkish League 1 "TFF 1. Lig" in 7th position half-way through the season

After a shock 2-4 loss on the final day of the season I finished 2nd and was promoted to the Super Lig.

After my 2nd season in Turkey, i was confirmed as Super Lig champions with 5 games to go....still just the 216th rated average manager in All nations so I go on to my next club.....searching....

T: Trabzonspor 2022 (Turkisk Super Lig)
    V: Viking (2020 Norwegian Eliteserien)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evesham For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nice, that makes 3 of you on two teams each now

Meanwhile, I've jumped ship at Skive. We got to the Winter break with the team in mid-table but 500k in debt! I hate the long breaks in Denmark so I decided to throw in some job applications out of curiosity and hey presto, got the Notts County job! I'm a long way from winning the EPL obviously but I'm hoping it'll help boost my reputation somewhat if I do well there.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Interesting move, Mark. Hope it works out for you.

My half season at Lahti is over and an excellent run of form saw us climb to second in the league.

Our cup run ended at the semi-final stage against HJK, who in fact inflicted three of my four defeats in league and cup. No surprise that they went on to win the title. We secured second spot by beating JJK on the final day, despite having a man disadvantage for much of the game. Our opponents had been league leaders recently but had dropped like a stone. It's a pity the same can't be said for HJK.

Now for a six month break and with so many players out of contract, I might need it to rebuild the team. I may also jump ship if a better job offer comes through, but let's wait and see.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMAdventurer For This Useful Post:

vCash
    First season done and at least I'll be in a top division next season. Wether we'll cruise through it like we did the 2nd tier this year is a different matter, of course.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The game keeps crashing at the summer update so I'll try starting over again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegster View Post
    The game keeps crashing at the summer update so I'll try starting over again.
    Evesham had the same at the summer of 2018. Do you run the game as admin?

vCash
    When I joined Ilves they were 7th in the league with 13 games remaining. The team was reasonable with a lot of quality in midfield and attack, but a poor defence. With the transfermarket closed, we had no options to bring in anyone and had to make do with what we had.

We won 11 games, drawed 2 of them and clinched the title on the last matchday after HJK had collapsed the two matches before the final matchday. This meant that I could start my search for the next job right away.

We also reached the final of the Suomen Cup where we faced SJK who had finished 9th in our league. We beat them comfortably to claim the Suomen Cup and our second prize.

I: Ilves (Champions 2020 Finnish Veikkausliiga)
    Last edited by GFRay; 06-12-17 at 10:34 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    GFRay - Top of the league!

Hope you get your save sorted out, Pegster!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I took over Notts County in 10th place and ultimately led them to a 6th place finish, losing only 4 league games in the process! We reached the playoff final but were unlucky to be beaten on penalties by Grimsby.

I still think the decision to move there was justified though as we won the EFL Trophy, beating Charlton 3:2 who are in the league above us. At the end of the season, my reputation stands at 785th in the world. I'll be keeping my eye out for any enticing top flight jobs but in the meantime, I'm happy to crack on at Notts County and continue building my reputation up.

EDIT: My game crashed at the end of season update too
    The Alphabet Game #3

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I took over Notts County in 10th place and ultimately led them to a 6th place finish, losing only 4 league games in the process! We reached the playoff final but were unlucky to be beaten on penalties by Grimsby.

I still think the decision to move there was justified though as we won the EFL Trophy, beating Charlton 3:2 who are in the league above us. At the end of the season, my reputation stands at 785th in the world. I'll be keeping my eye out for any enticing top flight jobs but in the meantime, I'm happy to crack on at Notts County and continue building my reputation up.

EDIT: My game crashed at the end of season update too
    I had no crashes so far with saturn v4 patch, but you're the third to which this happens. It's probably a stupid question, but do you run the game as admin?

vCash
    I had the same issue on the last update but changing to service pack 3 seemed to solve it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PilgrimPete For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    I had no crashes so far with saturn v4 patch, but you're the third to which this happens. It's probably a stupid question, but do you run the game as admin?
    You're right. It is a stupid question (for me, that is!). I don't actually have UAC enabled on my Windows 7 machine so it's not needed. I've ran test games using v4 when it was first released and never had any problems, reaching at least 5 seasons but only had England loaded up as a league.

I think it's to do with selecting all leagues. Not sure why but it also happened once in the last alphabet save with v3 of saturn's patch. But when I created a new save game and tried again, it was absolutely fine. Never had any problems with the patch for DTL nor Vipers either.

I'll start again but with normal database instead of maximum, see if it makes a difference...
    The Alphabet Game #3

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Started afresh and landed the job at Western Sydney Wanderers! A bit of a first for me as I don't think I've managed in Australia before.
    The Alphabet Game #3

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Alllrrrright seems to have taken ages at my 1st season at Monaco, mainly telling clubs to ahem Pee off, my players are not for sale

Anyway Bordeaux and PSG were 1 point behind me all the way to the end of the season when I think their fixture congestion with playing in Europe caught up with them and I managed to romp away with the Title

Victories in both Domestic Cup Finals gave me the treble for the season and with sadness I must leave the club for pasture's new.

M: Monaco (2023 French Ligue 1)
    T: Trabzonspor (2022 Turkisk Super Lig)

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to evesham For This Useful Post:

vCash
    After being unemployed for almost three months, I finally got hired by Heracles Almelo in my homeland.

Heracles are at the bottom of the league after 21 games and it is up to me to keep them into the Eredivisie before I can even start thinking about a title. This will be a tough challenge, but since no other clubs wanted me this will have to make do.

Last edited by GFRay; 07-12-17 at 11:01 PM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    If people's saves are crashing, upload them and post a link in the +v4 thread and I'll have a look at them.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    @evesham - Nice work, done well to get a big job like that already!

@saturn - Sorry mate, I overwrote my save with the new version. If it happens again, I'll do that
    The Alphabet Game #3

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I joined when Heracles was bottom of the league and had 13 games left. The transfer market had just closed so we had to make do with what we had. With a 650K debt there wasn't any money to strengthen the team anyway .

From those 13 games we won 9, drawed 2 and lost 2 to end up with a 9th place finish. We could have finished higher, but had some bad luck losing 2 games we shouldn't have lost. The 9th place earned us 775K in price money, but still our debt had risen to 1.2 M.

We're now going to focus on the next season and I already managed to get some decent players in on a Bosman. There's also an outgoing transfer for 950K planned for a player that's utter shite so that's some welcome money.

[/SIZE]

35. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PilgrimPete View Post
    I had the same issue on the last update but changing to service pack 3 seemed to solve it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I'm trying that now, got the job at Skive in Denmark this time, currently cruising through the 1st division in march.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    @evesham - Nice work, done well to get a big job like that already!
    I was as surprised as you I've left for River Plate now, hope I don't regret it!

@saturn - Sorry I also overwrote my crashed save with the new version, my bad.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to evesham For This Useful Post:

vCash
    What a boring league the winter break seems to take forever. I'm on the board:

and a cup win to boot:

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MR_Punk For This Useful Post:

vCash
    well after taking a gamble and going to Argentina to manage River Plate, after 19 games I won 19 gaining 57 points and then strangely the league split into 2 and i started from zero in the closing stage, still smashed it in the closing stage, winning 14 losing 2, with 3 games yet to play

M: Monaco (2023 French Ligue 1)
    R: River Plate (2024 Argentine Superleague)
    T: Trabzonspor (2022 Turkisk Super Lig)

43. The Following User Says Thank You to evesham For This Useful Post:

AJ is online now Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Well, I've had some mixed results. Got a job at third tier Danish underdogs Hillerup, but it came to nothing. No money, no players. Sat it out for two seasons and then I just quit. Sod them.

Finally landed a job at Vitesse Arnhem and their trust paid dividends :

now, on to bigger and better things!

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    OP updated!

AJ and evesham join GFRay at the top of the leaderboard and we have a new entry with MR_Punk joining in. Well done guys
    The Alphabet Game #3

47. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast