Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Alphabet Game #4 - October 2017 Data Update

The Alphabet Game #4 - October 2017 Data Update

Following the release of the October 2017 Data Update and saturn's v4 patch, the time has come for a FOURTH instalment of the Alphabet Game

There were some great suggestions for the next round of the game but what we're going to do this time is to win the top tier league title with every letter of the alphabet to complete the game. To make things a little bit easier, we don't have to go in order this time so you can tick off the letters whichever way you prefer!

Specifications
    Requirements: Saturn's v4 patch which is bundled with the October 2017 Data Update.
    Start Year: 2017.
    Database: Maximum.
    Masked Attributes: Off.
    Selected Leagues: ALL league selected but don't include the lower leagues.

Instructions - Start a new game with the above settings and take over as Everton (who are unmanaged in the game) before resigning and waiting patiently for your first job!

Aim of the Game
    Tick off every letter of the alphabet by winning the league in the top tier of any country! National teams DO NOT count.

Join in and post your progress as you go along, let's have some fun

The following is a recorded list of members who have taken on this challenge. I'll keep this updated to see who is 'winning' so far:

Alphabet Table
    25 - evesham (Arsenal, Benfica, Corinthians, Dender, Everton, Feyenoord, Genk, Hibernian, Ipswich, Jagiellona, Knockbreda, Leverkusen, Monaco, Newcastle, Olympiacos, Pohang, Q.P.R., River, San Jose Earthquakes, Trabzonspor, Union Berlin, Viking, West Ham, Yokohama, Zenit)
    16 - AJ (Anderlecht, Barcelona, Chicago, Dundalk, FC Dallas, Girona, Huracan, Juventus, Liverpool, Milan, PSV, RB Leipzig, Standard Liege, Toronto, Vitesse, Watford)
    15 - PilgrimPete (Ards, Ballinamallard, Celtic, Dundee Utd, Eginiakos, FC Bayern, Glenavon, Hearts, Karaiskakis, Lahti, Motherwell, Newcastle, PSG, Rangers, St. Mirren)
    5 - GFRay (Crusaders, Heracles, Ilves, Lahti, Zadar)
    5 - navpirx (Columbus Crew, KamAZ, PSNI, Slask Wroclaw, Ulsan)
    4 - Andrea71 (Brondby, Hobro, Lahti, Midtjylland)
    2 - CMAdventurer (Cliftonville, Rangers)
    2 - Pegster (Skive, Wexford)
    1 - BlackyM (Gent-Zeehaven)
    1 - GFRay (Toronto)
    1 - Mark (Western Sydney)
    1 - MR_Punk (Skive)
    1 - NormandyWept (Dundee Utd)

Oh yes it's back baby! I'm definitely going to do this one!

Although waiting for a club to become available in the top flight will be hard without any reputation.
    Last edited by GFRay; 30-11-17 at 07:44 PM.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

I'm kicking off with Skive IK!

They're in the second tier in Denmark and have a squad of 26 player which will hopefully be a good start to getting them into the top flight ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    Oh yes it's back baby! I'm definitely going to do this one!

Although waiting for a club to become available in the top flight will be hard without any reputation.
    That's the point, you need to build up your reputation first and you may also be able to record back to back promotions with the teams you do get hired at.

Mark, am I allowed to apply for the Everton job after I resigned from it?

Sure but you won't get it I just picked Everton as they were already unmanaged and you have to take over somebody to get the game started before resigning to start off unemployed.

Maybe have a different starting club than Everton: they're a decent sized club so the game will give you a decent reputation to go along with it, even if you resign immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I'm kicking off with Skive IK!

They're in the second tier in Denmark and have a squad of 26 player which will hopefully be a good start to getting them into the top flight ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    Maybe have a different starting club than Everton: they're a decent sized club so the game will give you a decent reputation to go along with it, even if you resign immediately.
    If above is true then why not all start with Skive IK?

Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    If above is true then why not all start with Skive IK?
    I applied for it and got the job, everyone else may find their own path?

I'm on it too! Starting off with Everton and resigning straight away. Hope I can find jobs easier this time as I spent most of my last alphabet spell waiting for jobs with the right letter to come up!

edit: my first job is in Skive as well. I applied for any jobs I could get, but turned down some offers from third tier clubs in Belgium and Ireland.
    Last edited by Felix; 30-11-17 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    I agree with saturn, although it's your call. Unmanaged Gillingham would have been an alternative.

Anyway, I've started and ended up in a top flight immediately. Finnish outfit Lahti (not originally on the list of vacancies) will allow me to get this challenge up and running. We're midway through the season and have little chance of mounting a challenge, so there's an opportunity to sort out the squad for next season.

Looking forward to this one.

Playing like this really is taking more time than I remember... Think I will put in on hold for a little while.

I got the same job as CMAdventurer although a little bit later and higher up in the league. With 10 games left to play and 14 points behind the league leaders it will be hard to claim a title right away. But I'll try anyway!

I'm in but think I will struggle with this one having spent most of my CM career in the lower leagues..Win a title in the top division?!?! - I think I have only ever won the English Premiership once or twice!

Anyway I may be about to break the record for the quickest re-start....I held off applying for any jobs (after resigning from Everton). I was looking to cut corners and bag a top flight job immediately. Now early September and have just been rejected by Tromso (who would need saving from relegation).

I'll see what happens............

Can I join in without using Saturn's patch, only the update and Tapani?

I'm in and got a job in the Croatian 2nd division at Dugo Selo! The board expects me to battle bravely against relegation.

So I started at Skive in Denmark Division 1

and with 6 games to go clinched the title...now to find some good players and build to try and win the Superliga (top tier).

I got the job at Lathi FC with 10 games left to play and 14 points behind the league leaders HJK who also had a game in hand. I managed to win all 10 remaining games with a goaldifference of 27-3 and finished in 2nd place just 6 points behind the champions HJK.

A second place means Europa League qualification and we got 600K in price money. I'm going to start looking for players to strengthen my team for the coming season, but will also remain on the lookout for a better job somewhere else!

Quote Originally Posted by evesham View Post
    So I started at Skive in Denmark Division 1

and with 6 games to go clinched the title...now to find some good players and build to try and win the Superliga (top tier).

Huh? Skive in the top tier? They're in the 2nd tier for me?

Quote Originally Posted by JLa View Post
    Can I join in without using Saturn's patch, only the update and Tapani?
    Give it a go with the saturn patch mate, it's much better. It also helps with getting jobs abroad.

Getting on this tonight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    Getting on this tonight!!!
    Thought you would have finished by now?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Lol. I would have had I noticed this sooner.

Give it a go with the saturn patch mate, it's much better. It also helps with getting jobs abroad.
    I'm sure the patch is great, but the thing is that I have been using a cracked exe (+tapani) for years now (I have the disc in a drawer somewhere). I believe Saturn's patch needs the original exe, iso mounted etc? Not sure if I will get that to work.. That's why.

Huh? Skive in the top tier? They're in the 2nd tier for me?
    You missed the text in between the 2 pictures .... and my game crashed on July 1st so back to the start

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast