Thread: Gold Cup

vCash

Gold Cup

This patch transforms the old FIFA Club World Cup competition into the Gold Cup. It's really only designed to be used for a +v4 exe that already has gio's new Club World Cup patch applied to it.

The .patch, [see post #7 for an updated .patch file] again to be used only with +v4 exes with the new Club World Cup .patch already applied. Don't forget about this issue when using a .patch file on a +v4 exe. Also, here are new nation_comp.dat and nation_comp_history.dat files, which are to be placed in your Data folder.

How the patch was made:
    Spoiler!

Issues:
    1. There's no qualification process so teams are drawn at semi-random. The big teams are usually in it, but I've seen occurrences of them missing out on tournaments.
    2. There's no hosting process. Games will be split around the USA/Canada/Mexico/other.
    3. The format is not the same as the real life version: here it's straight to the Semi Finals after the group stage, rather than there being a Quarter Final. It will soon become a bit more outdated as the IRL 2019 version will have 16 teams.
    4. North America's Confederation Cup entrant is still random for now, but should be easy enough to add after a quick scan of that competition's team selection code. It will probably be the winners of the 2019/2023 etc editions who enter the next Confederations Cup though, rather than the 2021/2025 editions' winners. The reason for that is, as they take place in the same years, the 2019/2023 etc Confederations Cup draw will be made before the 2019/2023 etc Gold Cup will be finished.
    Last edited by saturn; 07-12-17 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Added link to new .patch in post #7

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    FANTASTIC!!

vCash
    Sounds great!! So I first install the Club World Cup patch and then this one (Do I still have to do this: 0058B385 CMP AX,7E1 --> 7E0
    0059BA23 PUSH 7E4 --> 7E2)? No long term stability issues? Will the new nation files affect the codes/offsets for nations? Because I want to implement the World Cup draw tonight in the game so I'll have to move around some nations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravanelli View Post
    Sounds great!! So I first install the Club World Cup patch and then this one (Do I still have to do this: 0058B385 CMP AX,7E1 --> 7E0
    0059BA23 PUSH 7E4 --> 7E2)?
    Yes to all of that. Thinking about it, I suppose I could've just added the Tottenham/Confederations Cup year offsets into this .patch to override the JLPatch trying to change them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravanelli View Post
    No long term stability issues? Will the new nation files affect the codes/offsets for nations? Because I want to implement the World Cup draw tonight in the game so I'll have to move around some nations.
    No stability issues: I have holidayed to something like 2132 with no issues (N Ireland league only). I had ran into an error when I was first creating this on a .68 exe (step 7 in the spoiler part of the OP). I had a rather clumsy workaround for it, but it appears that Tapani had already fixed it in one of his patches already. So it seems that I was just running into a .68 bug for the original World Club Cup. And no, the new nation files won't affect codes/offsets for nations, they just contain the changes made in steps 13-16 in the spoiler part of the OP.

vCash
    Hi Saturn, really sorry to ask this, but could you give me an exe with the both changes made to it? I've been trying for hours to get Flex working, uninstalled and reinstalled Java, changed the path numerous times, but it's just not working, getting really frustrated about it. Would be really thankful. If I have the exe, I am gonna implement WC draw with Olly and than I can finally start a great career game with maximum realism.

Game speed: x200
    Idle sensitivity: laptop
    Window: 800x600
    Disable unprotected contracts: yes
    Coloured attributes: yes
    Hide non-public bids: no
    New values:yes

vCash
    Saturn, I don't know if you have already looked for this, but here is a patch to make the Gold Cup champion enter in the Confederations Cup: http://www.mediafire.com/file/p0j3zg...ca-confe.patch

8. The Following User Says Thank You to giovanisantana29 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks gio. Here's a new .patch with the Confederations Cup changes added: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jbem5b...Cup_v1.1.patch. I also added the Confederations Cup/Tottenham stadium move year changes to the .patch so you don't have to change them manually afterwards in Olly.

Also, the nation_comp_history file from the OP seems to be a bit mixed up (as the history files usually are when uploaded on their own), but it does still work. Some of the Asian Game's history seem to have merged with the new Gold Cup history somehow.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Copa America never played after applying Gold Cup patch and New WCC patch.
    Beside that everything is flawless.

vCash
    Thanks for the feedback. Did the Copa America get played at all or did it just stop after the 2019 edition? I ran into the latter after running a test - it occurs because Jamaica & Mexico are entered into both competitions and both competitions overlap one another. This in turn causes a delay for the Copa America Third Place Playoff game which is then never played. It was actually the Confederations Cup which I was initially worried about a fixture clash with, I forgot that Jamaica & Mexico could enter multiple confederations' tournaments.

Possible fixes would be:
    1. Change Jamaica/Mexico's Copa America invitations to somebody else: no other invitations outside of North American countries for the Copa America really make sense, so it wouldn't really be fixing anything changing Jamaica to Canada etc.
    2. Disable the Third Place Playoff game in the Copa America: would get the competition to complete properly, but the overlap would still extend the Copa America into the middle of August which is too long.
    3. Change the Gold Cup's fixtures: initially I just changed the World Club Cup's fixtures from December to June and hoped for the best, so I could fine tune it to occur in early/mid June instead. But it would still be tight.

vCash
    Japan played once, and was invited a couple of other times. If the Copa does not conflict with any Asian international fixtures, I would add Japan and Australia.

Is there a way Mexico's U23 team could be entered into the Gold Cup instead of the main national team?

vCash
    Never played.
    I holidayed 35 seasons...not even single error,apart from Copa America.
    Any fix you decide is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Did the Copa America get played at all or did it just stop after the 2019 edition? I ran into the latter after running a test - it occurs because Jamaica & Mexico are entered into both competitions and both competitions overlap one another. This in turn causes a delay for the Copa America Third Place Playoff game which is then never played. It was actually the Confederations Cup which I was initially worried about a fixture clash with, I forgot that Jamaica & Mexico could enter multiple confederations' tournaments.

Possible fixes would be:
    1. Change Jamaica/Mexico's Copa America invitations to somebody else: no other invitations outside of North American countries for the Copa America really make sense, so it wouldn't really be fixing anything changing Jamaica to Canada etc.
    2. Disable the Third Place Playoff game in the Copa America: would get the competition to complete properly, but the overlap would still extend the Copa America into the middle of August which is too long.
    3. Change the Gold Cup's fixtures: initially I just changed the World Club Cup's fixtures from December to June and hoped for the best, so I could fine tune it to occur in early/mid June instead. But it would still be tight.

vCash
    1. Competition type to international 00929192 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+42],2 --> 4

Does this can be applied to other competitions?Domestic competition to be changed to international?
    What international exactly means?National teams to be played in the competition or like CL or Europa league international club competition?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cdewar19 View Post
    Is there a way Mexico's U23 team could be entered into the Gold Cup instead of the main national team?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by djole2mcloud View Post
    Never played.
    I holidayed 35 seasons...not even single error,apart from Copa America.
    Any fix you decide is fine by me.
    Did the Copa America never play on multiple save games or just on one? Does anyone else have this problem? Those fixes will only solve the case of the Third Place game not being played, not the issue you're running into.

Quote Originally Posted by djole2mcloud View Post
    1. Competition type to international 00929192 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+42],2 --> 4

Does this can be applied to other competitions?Domestic competition to be changed to international?
    What international exactly means?National teams to be played in the competition or like CL or Europa league international club competition?
    Tbh I can't remember exactly what problems occured without the change. Revert it and you'll see for yourself, I think it didn't register games as being Internationals in a player's stats screen (Apps, Goals, Assists etc).

vCash
    Multiple saves.Copa America never plays.
    I mean,it plays first year,final game plays,but after that never again
    Last edited by djole2mcloud; 07-01-18 at 10:21 AM.

vCash
    That sounds like the Copa America's Third Place Playoff game is not being played.

vCash
    can you pass me offset to switch off third place game so i can test it?

vCash
    005E0BE5 MOV WORD PTR DS:[ECX],4 --> 3.

vCash
    Hi there. Could someone tell how to add / remove teams from the Copa America please? I was thinking of removing Jamaica & Mexico and adding maybe Portugal & Spain to see if that would fix the above problem. I have noticed that the 2019 Copa America completely finishes if Mexico & Jamaica have not played in the 2019 Gold Cup. Hope that makes sense Cheers!

vCash
    Use the countries list from here to swap around the nations.
    Code:
    005E1FED      |. 8B15 6CF39C00                |MOV EDX,DWORD PTR DS:[9CF36C]- JAPAN
    005E1FF3      |. 3BCA                         |CMP ECX,EDX
    005E1FF5      |. 74 1C                        |JE SHORT cm0102.005E2013
    005E1FF7      |. 66:3BC0                      |CMP AX,AX
    005E1FFA      |. 74 0B                        |JE SHORT cm0102.005E2007
    005E1FFC      |> 8B17                         |MOV EDX,DWORD PTR DS:[EDI]
    005E1FFE      |. A1 80F29C00                  |MOV EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[9CF368]- JAMAICA
    005E2003      |. 3BD0                         |CMP EDX,EAX
    005E2005      |. 74 0C                        |JE SHORT cm0102.005E2013
    005E2007      |> 8B07                         |MOV EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[EDI]
    005E2009      |. 8B0D D0F39C00                |MOV ECX,DWORD PTR DS:[9CF3D0]- MEXICO

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks very much mate

vCash
    tried to add this patch but when i load game it crashes when i click next on the choosing leagues bit, chosen england usa and japan.

have added world club cup patch, then gold cup patch then the copa america patch, then done the .dat files to the data folder. am i doing anything wrong?

vCash
    It was only really intended to be used with the +v patches, tbh I can't remember how compatible I made it to be with other exes.