Network Games Mod
    Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    Most Mod Titles
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapinoe View Post
    Just wanna say I agree with the sentiments that I'd loved to have seen more of Loftus-Cheek and Rashford. Now that the disappointment is worn off... great result from such a young team... I expected they'd get to the round of 16 out of that group, and no further... happy with it.

And not worried, the ladies have a good chance of bringing it home next year!

Holland will bring it home for the ladies next year so stop dreaming. Or did you forget the semi final last year?
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!
    Want to have your tactic tested to see where it ranks? Check out the Revamped Tactics League!
    Current games: Ultimate Managers League, Road To Glory and International Managers Competition
    Current stories: From Misfits To Champions: An Interactive Story, The Coventry Comeback and The Great Comeback: A Dutch Football Story

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    Holland will bring it home for the ladies next year so stop dreaming. Or did you forget the semi final last year?
    I didn't forget, no... but that was last year. (And also, well, England are my #2 next year... Canada first! )

- - - Updated - - -

And I will say right now if there's any sort of situation in which Holland are playing the US, the Oranje will have my full support!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rapinoe For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Southgate has to go. Scoring from set pieces is nice to have but relying on that is the domain of 3rd tier teams which the England team is not.

England should have buried Croatia in the first half and there's not a lot he could do about missed chances but his half time speech has to inspire them to come out in the 2nd half revved up.

I don't get the inexperienced team spiel. This is what they do. They weren't plucked from the streets and thrown together like a ragtag bunch of misfits in some kind of comedic underdog movie. If people genuinely believe that, then Southgate did a disservice by not picking a team he thought could win the tournament.

vCash
    World Cup My best 11. 4-3-2-1 (christmas tree)
    Pickford
    Mario Fernandes - Varane - Maguire - Lucas Hernandez
    Modric - Kante - Pogba
    Hazard - Perisic
    Mbappe.

vCash
    Kante was brilliant in the tournament but the final wasnt his best match. Miss de Bruyne in your squad. His anticipation, flair and passes have been of a very high level this tournament. Might even player of the tournament for me. Also why no Courtois?

Redknapp69 is offline Soccer Manager - Division 1 Title/Cup
    Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Meh - feel for Croatia where were fecked over y those first 2 goals

Plenty of goals in the final though so entertaining I guess

Very much enjoyed this world cup and pleasantly surprised of no major issues that came out of it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CMCZ View Post
    Kante was brilliant in the tournament but the final wasnt his best match. Miss de Bruyne in your squad. His anticipation, flair and passes have been of a very high level this tournament. Might even player of the tournament for me. Also why no Courtois?
    Yes, Kante was brillant at whole tournament and final wasn't his best, but not dissapointment, he pressed well. I agree with Kevin De Bruyne. His forward runs with ball and off the ball were excellent too.
    I think Pickford gave more impact to England rather than Courtois to Belgium. As personal opinion; England without Pickford could not reach semi-finals, Belgium without Courtois could repeat this success.

vCash
    Felt for Croatia in the final. No doubt that France have the superior team but they were back in and anything could have happened when that controversial VAR penalty call was made to put them behind again.

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    I was hoping that Croatia could capitalize on Lloris' mistake and score another quick one while the French were rattled... 4-3 with 20 minutes to go would have set up a pretty amazing end to the game.....

vCash
    At least someone is coming home this summer

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CMCZ For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789