Thread: Issues with goal keepers

vCash

Issues with goal keepers

Hi lads, I'm playing a narrow formation with just the two CB and a DMC, yet my GK are constantly (like every game) having poor games (ratings of 4 and 5). It doesn't matter who I put in there either as have had loanees who have performed just as poorly as my own keepers. I'm playing an attacking formation and style so expect to concede a few but last yr I conceded 105 goals in 46 games and it cost me the title. All out of ideas.
    Please help...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vCash
    Wow, that's very shit defense you have man. Try to tinker with it. It's not GK fault. It's yours. ;]
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/info0
    Twitch.tv: infonator07
    Twitter: info0

Donators welcome

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    formation formation formation

vCash
    So you have just two defenders? That explains it all imo!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    To be fair, a good, centralized 2 defender cheat tactic would work just fine.... but clearly there are issues with his formation

vCash
    Playing with torquay so don't have a whole lot of money to work with. Tried to get defenders who have good marking and positioning. Weird thing is my defence had really good avg ratings, like 7.3-7.4
    Also it's not the only season it's happened, even when I was conceding like 50-60 goals a season in 46 game seasons my keepers were having terrible performances. Must be the tactic.

My tactic is :
    Gk
    DC DC
    DMC
    CM CM CM
    AMC
    FC FC FC

have attacking mentality with short passing, offside trap on, tackling hard.

vCash
    That looks like a tactical formation from the '54 World Cup. Only two defenders and all out attacking.

Try to get some half-decent left and right back in on loan. Don't even need to pay any % of the salary. Switching to a system with a back-four should instantly see your keeper confronted with less work, hence better ratings and less goals conceded... here's hoping. Check out the tactic corner here in the forum. Excellent stuff in there, regardless of whether you wanna play with wib/wob or without. Good luck!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to The Porridge Flo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks for that!
    I heard a lot of people be against a back 3, is there a reason why apart from the fact that the match engine doesn't like it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jackyboi90 View Post
    Thanks for that!
    I heard a lot of people be against a back 3, is there a reason why apart from the fact that the match engine doesn't like it?

The DC in the middle of a 3 man defence always plays average - well he does for me.

I think with your system the problem lies with the number of outfield players behind the halfway line hence why you're conceding on average over two goals a game. You only have three. There should be four or five. Have you tried the tactic SW23311? It's a centralized cheat formation but a good one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubinho View Post
    The DC in the middle of a 3 man defence always plays average - well he does for me.

I think with your system the problem lies with the number of outfield players behind the halfway line hence why you're conceding on average over two goals a game. You only have three. There should be four or five. Have you tried the tactic SW23311? It's a centralized cheat formation but a good one.
    Yeah you make a good point Dubinho. I might have a look at that tactic. I have downloaded one of the tactics pack but there's so many so opted to make my own and tried to wib wob a little bit.
    I just saw an article a few weeks ago saying that you can use two defenders to good success but my lack of DMC's is prob hurting my tactic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jackyboi90 View Post
    Yeah you make a good point Dubinho. I might have a look at that tactic. I have downloaded one of the tactics pack but there's so many so opted to make my own and tried to wib wob a little bit.
    I just saw an article a few weeks ago saying that you can use two defenders to good success but my lack of DMC's is prob hurting my tactic

If you use the SW23311 tactic, the three in the DMC positions should consistently average around 8.00 or over - if they're good enough.

If you choose to carry on with your own formation, try an extra DMC if you have one, and forfeit one of your attacking midfielders. See if that makes any difference.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dubinho For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubinho View Post
    If you use the SW23311 tactic, the three in the DMC positions should consistently average around 8.00 or over - if they're good enough.

If you choose to carry on with your own formation, try an extra DMC if you have one, and forfeit one of your attacking midfielders. See if that makes any difference.
    Yeah my AMC have been poor anyway, another DM should sure up the defence

vCash
    Are we talking Wib/Wob versus the standard AI-tactics?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Are we talking Wib/Wob versus the standard AI-tactics?
    Yeah mate. Have gone with the 4-1-2-3 babe tactic which has made my defence heaps better. Doing fairly well ATM

vCash
    @dubinho the 2nd DMC in place of my amc is working wonders! We just beat Leeds 4-0 away in the cup, Keane, viduka, kewell and co!!
    You're a genius

vCash
    GK
    DC DC
    DMC

is fairly good on it's own, but I guess, he doesn't really know what he is doing on wib/wob screens.

Conceding 50-60 goals is disastrous to any tactic. It's just, bluntly put, SHIT. ;] Even with Torquay you would expect <40 goals conceded.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/info0
    Twitch.tv: infonator07
    Twitter: info0

Donators welcome

19. The Following User Says Thank You to info0 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by info0 View Post
    GK
    DC DC
    DMC

is fairly good on it's own, but I guess, he doesn't really know what he is doing on wib/wob screens.

Conceding 50-60 goals is disastrous to any tactic. It's just, bluntly put, SHIT. ;] Even with Torquay you would expect <40 goals conceded.
    Yeah have no idea what I'm doing with the wib wob screens. But I'm still enjoying it and winning stuff so that's a positive