Thread: ODB with randomly generated stars

vCash

ODB with randomly generated stars

Hello everyone,

While I don't have time to participate much I have followed this forum for some time now (with different usernames along the way). This community is incredibly generous and the forum is always fun to read. I don't have time to help you update the database but I thought I should try to give something back to the community.

Like others, I prefer to play the 0102 database to the yearly data updates. However, we all know where to look to find the legends by now (Mark Kerr et al.) which means that the game does not have many surprises left... unless you play for long enough when it's only regens. But that can take a while.

This got me thinking. How can we recuperate the magic of loading a new save and not knowing where the new stars are? And how can we do this without editing the database everytime we start a new save?

In other words, if only there was a way for the game to generate random stars everytime we start a save...

...but there is. Here's what I did:

-- I created 78 players in the game editor.

-- Each player has CA 120 and PA -2

-- Year of birth is set to 1962

-- I did not assign any position or attributes.

-- The reputation is set to 10.

-- Each player has a different nationality (I selected "traditional footballing nations" only).

What happens when we start a save? The computer assigns a random position and attributes to each player created. Because they are generated as 38 or 39 years old and a low reputation they will retire at the end of the first season (if not sooner) as free transfers.

This means that in season 2 (and occasionally already in January of season 1) you will have 70+ potential stars spread across the globe to scout! They will always be different players with different positions and potential ability. It's all completely random (within the CA 120 PA -2 limits of course).

If you want to know the names and nationalities the list is here:

Spoiler!

It doesn't spoil anything because they will regenerate and the players will always be new with each save!

NOTE:

The basic databased I used is the outstanding database done by Luessenhoff.

I haven't tested this database in the longrun, but from a few tests I gathered that most players are average to good, some are very promising and some are mediocre. Oh, when the computer assigns the position of Goalkeeper the player normally gets picked up by lower league teams.

Link to the database here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bvT...ew?usp=sharing

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Fabio Paim; 15-12-17 at 10:41 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fabio Paim For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 3

vCash
    Haha the Irish player is James Joyce, did you just look up famous people from every country?

Interesting concept, but is it not the same to just not use real players when starting the game?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to colml For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by colml View Post
    Haha the Irish player is James Joyce, did you just look up famous people from every country?

Interesting concept, but is it not the same to just not use real players when starting the game?
    Hey Colml!

All the players are named after famous writers from their country.

Well, the difference is that the 78 are completely random. That is, not only their names but the position, potential ability, and attributes are all generated by the game when you start a new save. This way, each time you start it's different. For instance, James Joyce may be assign as a world-class goalkeeper in one game and a mediocre left-back on another or even as an overrated writer in another.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fabio Paim For This Useful Post:

Dermotron is online now Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    Member of the Month
    VIP
    Captain
    Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    Most of the -2's on the ODB were all blank attributes anyhow e.g Diego Santa Cruz, Nicolas Burdisso & Bram Verbist

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Most of the -2's on the ODB were all blank attributes anyhow e.g Diego Santa Cruz, Nicolas Burdisso & Bram Verbist
    In the case of this database, the added players have a random position as well and since they regenerate in season 2 this means that you have a pool of 78 potential stars with a random name, position and ability, in other words, 78 completely new players every time you start a save.

So, you do not know where to look. Whereas in the case of the ODB you could just search for "Santa Cruz" and knew you would find a skilful Paraguayan striker with great hair.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fabio Paim For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Sounds a good concept to me, I'll give it a whirl this weekend!

Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Adam Mickiewicz

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kowalinho For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Fernando Pessoa and Jose Saramago! Nice one Magic Paim, ahahah

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PedroM For This Useful Post: