Thread: Speed Adjuster

Speed Adjuster

Does this work on saved games, and is it 100% stable? Also, what exactly is speeded up - commentary or game processing speed?

Cheers!

Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

Yes it's extremely stable and once you add it to the .exe it will work on save games.

Commentary is very very fast and yes it will speed up general processing speed.

Dermotron - thanks for that. Glad it's stable as I'm using 3.9.68 with no Tapani patches or ODB updates.

Something I forgot to ask - is game processing speed increased because of coding changes? I presume you have the option to leave the speed of the commentary to that set by the game itself?

Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

No the commentary speed will be very fast, no matter what option you chose during a game i.e. fast, normal, very slow - Once you selected the x200 option (max can cause the game to freeze). Looks like part of the app is to speed up the CPU and the other is most defo the commentary.

OK, thanks again. I suspect the CPU thing is priority the programme is run? High?

Theres another way to speed up matches which still allows you to slow it down if necessary. This is more suited to me because i like to slow it down for penalty shootouts.

You just go in the config file and alter some number values. I'm sure a more technically minded forum member could elaborate.

Everyone - thanks for the input and replies. Match commentary speed increase is not what I want really, but an increase in processing speed between matches. I suspect this can't be achieved by altering the coding in the game. I can run the game as high priority (in XP), and create a gaming profile (which helps a little too), but this is probably the best that can be achieved short of buying a new lappy with a better processor. Unfortunately I play 0102 on a netbook with an Intel Atom processor.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    short of buying a new lappy with a better processor. Unfortunately I play 0102 on a netbook with an Intel Atom processor.
    A newer pc wont make a huge difference mate, the problem is that the game is designed to run on a single core processor so it cant utilise dual-core, quad-core technology etc

The Pusher Unattached
    FWIW, I find that 20x speed combined with the slowest commentary option gives me faster non-game speed but keeps an acceptable game speed.

glad to hear other people are playing cm on netbooks, welcome to the club

Guys, thanks for the feedback. Will tinker with the flex speed adjuster and see what's best....

so is there no way you can keep the processing speed but reduce the commentry ? I just tried it and was 3 0 down before i reacted to make a sub ?

This download: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downlo...?do=file&id=14

Gives you instructions on how to Increase the Commentary, maybe changing the values in opposite will reduce the speed?