Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: The Nowhere Men No Longer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JayFlo View Post
    What country, Mark? I think you'll be able to afford it once end of season bonuses have been paid out.
    I'm thinking Serie A

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JayFlo View Post
    Yup, a double and back to back Copa Libertadores.

June isn't over yet trunkster!

If you mean the Championship, not the Prem, I could do the PL relegated teams plus the three teams that were in the play-offs that didn't get promoted for £11k if that is what you're after?

Here's the save: https://www.sendspace.com/file/x4b5xx (it is Saturn v4)
    I'll check the save mate, my theory is that to continue his development Yuri needs to be in England but he's not ready for the top flight...forgot that we are also current Serie A holders as well...go Santos!
    Last edited by trunky; 13-06-18 at 10:40 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I take it then the 6 should be...West Ham, Burnley, Palace, Huddersfield, QPR and Sunderland?

I'd like it to be West Ham, but yes mate, chuck us in the mix for 11k.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hey Mark & trunky!

Bids have come in for your players. Let me know whether you wish for your clients to take the moves.

Should you decide they are not the destinations you wish, you will be entitled to a 75% refund and can roll again, minus the team you have already drawn.

Thanks

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JayFlo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Who's the current keeper for Juve?

Positive outcome by the way.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Erkifino For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkifino View Post
    Who's the current keeper for Juve?

Positive outcome by the way.
    Still Buffon (41) backed up by Szczesny (29).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JayFlo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Roll again please mate, minus QPR!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    yeah come join the fun at Benfica Ray

16. The Following User Says Thank You to evesham For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Jay, when I request a move to Benfica for 5k. Will it go through no matter what? Or will you list my player and do I need to hope Benfica will make a bid?
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!
    Want to have your tactic tested to see where it ranks? Check out the Revamped Tactics League!
    Current games: Ultimate Managers League, Road To Glory and International Managers Competition
    Current stories: From Misfits To Champions: An Interactive Story, The Coventry Comeback and The Great Comeback: A Dutch Football Story

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trunky View Post
    Roll again please mate, minus QPR!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    Jay, when I request a move to Benfica for 5k. Will it go through no matter what? Or will you list my player and do I need to hope Benfica will make a bid?

You can request to be Transfer Listed and hope Benfica bid on you (which they won't because I am managing them) or you can request a move to a Top 4 Portuguese club (£44k) and hope the dice lands on Benfica (and if it doesn't you can reroll but have to repurchase the clause like trunky has).

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JayFlo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Then I'm going to stay put at Feyenoord. They will be in the CL next year which will be a good stage for Schuurs to develop.

I'll re-evaluate that thought should one of them Benfica boys decide to name him as a requested signing though... (hint)
    Want to have your tactic tested to see where it ranks? Check out the Revamped Tactics League!
    Current games: Ultimate Managers League, Road To Glory and International Managers Competition
    Current stories: From Misfits To Champions: An Interactive Story, The Coventry Comeback and The Great Comeback: A Dutch Football Story

21. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Off to Wet Spam we go!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Before I forget, I also want to pay for Barcelona to adopt the same tactics used by Flamengo thus far. Uploaded it again just in case:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/pi1gve

27. The Following User Says Thank You to navpirx For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I would also like to adopt the same formation for my Besiktas side as well please Jay

vCash
    Keep the same stuff for Wet Spam as well please mate, formation, up front right hand side for Yuri, training...whatever I paid for in the first place!

And positive outcomes ahoy!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drkshadow1 View Post
    I would also like to adopt the same formation for my Besiktas side as well please Jay
    Same formation as what? What you’re already using or what navpirx just sent?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trunky View Post
    Keep the same stuff for Wet Spam as well please mate, formation, up front right hand side for Yuri, training...whatever I paid for in the first place!

And positive outcomes ahoy!
    Getting ahead of yourself! I’ve not even released the End of Season update yet!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to JayFlo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    hehehe you got them hooked Jay
    If you look outside your window you'll see navpirx watching you in the shadows

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by evesham View Post
    And I'm in the bush over the road, naked from the waist down, firm and erect, just waiting to catch a glimpse of your manly torso.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by navpirx View Post
    Before I forget, I also want to pay for Barcelona to adopt the same tactics used by Flamengo thus far. Uploaded it again just in case:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/pi1gve
    This one

vCash
    June/End of Season 2019

Evesham - Ezequiel Barco – Attacking Midfielder – £140k wages - Independiente

Onto Pastures New
    Barco couldn’t finish his time at Independiente with the Copa Libertadores, losing out in the final to Santos. It means he leaves Argentina trophyless in his career to date, but with an impressive haul of 40 goals and 23 assists in 101 games
    He joins fellow clients of ours, Mile Svilar and Diogo Dalot, who have just enjoyed a domestic double. Barco will be joining a midfield department already flush with talent in the form of Davy Propper, Zivkovic, van Ginkel and Neves, but will look to slot in the gaps left by players such as the aging Yaya Toure and Rodrigo Palacio. Van Ginkel, whose position Barco may well want the most, scored 26 goals from midfield last season – an impressive haul and only bettered by Olivier Giroud, Benfica’s Player of the Year, scoring 29 in 31 outings. Independiente’s Player of the Year has yet to be awarded and Barco may well consider himself in with a shout.
    This season, he finished 4th in the league with Independiente, averaging a rating of 7.27; he was his club’s second highest scorer with 13 league goals and contributed 6 assists.
    Spoiler!

Ebfatz - Ben Brereton – Striker – £140,000 wages - Nottingham Forest

’He’s one of our own!’
    Ben Brereton has capped a fine individual debut season in the Premier League with the Fans’ Player of the Year Award. Last year’s winner Youssouf Mulumbu paid tribute to Brereton, telling Forest Fan TV, “it was an honour for me to win it last year but Benny was 100% the worthy winner this year. He scored us vital goals at vital times.”

“He’s one of our own,” Clough4Ever wrote on the Forest Forum, “and I am delighted he is getting recognised by Southgate. I hope he stays next season. We’ve gotta have faith that the manager can build a team round him and push on.”
    Spoiler!

Redknapp69 - Ryan Sessegnon – Defender/Midfielder - £180,000 wages - Fulham

Premier League Potential
    Ryan Sessegnon flourished in Fulham’s changed formation this season as did the team on the whole. Having finished tenth last season, 20 more points this time round saw them finish 2nd with 24 more goals scored and four fewer conceded. Sessegnon’s assists tally would’ve undoubtedly contributed to that, as his return over doubled from last season.
    His agent has already publicly stated that his client will remain at Craven Cottage next season, but that for now remains an untested theory. Should a bid come in, the player himself may start agitating for a move. Despite being one of Fulham’s key players this season, he is yet to receive an international call up of any variety – something that may be keeping him under the radar of some of the Premier League big boys. They’ll witness him first hand next season though.
    Spoiler!

GFRay - Perr Schuurs – Defender – £55000 wages - Feyenoord

Is this Rotter done in Rotterdam?
    Perr Schuurs has had an admirable second season at the Dutch giants as they swept to a domestic double despite early misery in the Europa League. The classy centre-back just crept into the Top 75 players in the Eredivise at 74 but it is perhaps not the fairest assessment of the youngster.
    For tackles per game he was 19th in the league and for pass completion he was 15th – both nothing to be sad about. Schuurs has also built up a good rapport with his manager and since the formational change this season he is quoted as describing the boss as a ‘tactical genius.’ Hopefully they will flourish in Europe as much as they did at home, next season.
    Spoiler!

Navpirx – Lincoln – Striker – £120,000 wages - Flamengo

From Brazil to Barca
    Many excellent Brazilian forwards have joined Barcelona over the years: from Romario to Ronaldo and more recently Ronaldinho to Neymar; but they’ve not always been that calibre, take Keirrison for example, who signed for £14m in 2009 and never actually donned a Barcelona shirt competitively in his 5 contracted years with the club.
    Lincoln hopes to join the pantheon of those who have succeeded and with the same price tag as Keirrison, and he’ll be hoping that is all that he has in common with his predecessor. Lincoln will have fellow Brazilians Rafinha and Neymar, re-signed from PSG, at the club to help him settle in. With a Latin American triple threat of Messi, Suarez and Neymar, it’ll be interesting to see where Lincoln fits in, especially as it is rumoured they will be adopting a formation akin to the one Flamengo used last season – a one striker and one attacking midfielder tactic.
    Barcelona are the current La Liga champions and former teammate Vinicius Junior will be joining runners up Real Madrid.
    Spoiler!

Trunky - Yuri Alberto – Forward – £15.5k wages - Santos

Yuri Alberto Leaves with Fans’ Blessing
    For a player that started out as a bit of a bad joke, Yuri Alberto will leave Santos two years later as something of a cult hero. He is by no means the most gifted Brazilian to leave before the age of 20 and he’ll unlikely ever have the talent or grace of the Ronaldinhos and Rivaldos of this world, but he has a habit of scoring vital goals at vital times.
    Aged just 18, Yuri Alberto already has 117 appearances, 41 goals and 17 assists to his name. He has won the Campeonato Paulista, Serie A and back to back Copa Libertadores. He scored goals in both Libertadores finals. Goalscoring records like that are hard to ignore regardless of the player. On top of all that, Yuri Alberto even scored his penalty in a penalty shootout defeat to Juventus in the Club World Cup Semi Final, having scored 4 in one game in the group stages. Goalscoring records like that are hard to ignore regardless of the player.
    He leaves with the blessings of the fans as he embarks on a move to Europe. West Ham, newly at home in the Championship following Premier League relegation, is the destination and his agent has bigged up the move, stating his client, ‘needs to be in England but isn’t ready for the top flight.’ The honest professional that Yuri Alberto is would not take that to heart.

Spoiler!

Erkifino - Mile Svilar – Goalkeeper – £22,500 wages & London35 - Diogo Dalot – Defender/Midfielder – £14,500 wages - Benfica

So far Svilar Good
    Svilar’s first full season in the Benfica first team has ended with a return of the Superliga and the Taca, as well as the Supertaca that kicks off the professional season. Whether you consider that a double or a treble is irrelevant – they’ve given Svilar medals for the cabinet.
    It is also highly unlikely that he’ll forget the night that he scored two goals against Real Madrid in a Champions League Quarter Final. He may have ended on the losing side, but for a short while they were 3-0 up and threatening to knock the defending champions out.
    His good form throughout the season has led to numerous u21 call ups and in the most recent one he captained them to a 3-1 win over Estonia. With Courtois firmly in possession of the #1 jersey in the full team, Svilar’s career progression lies firmly with what he can achieve in club football. It hasn’t gone unnoticed that his agent was just this week spotted in Turin.

”Constant Progression”
    Benfica’s Club President hailed Dalot’s evolution since his move from rival club Porto. “He is a fantastic wing-back and I think he’s got a very bright future ahead of him, both at this club and for the international side. He’s shown constant progression.”
    The constant progression is evident in Dalot’s assists trebling from 5 last season to 15 this season and his goals quadrupling from 2 to 8. 30 goal involvements in 83 games is not bad at all for a player plying his trade at right back.
    Dalot earned an average rating of 8.00 over the course of the season; the fifth highest in the league and only bettered by Benfica teammates van Ginkel, Grimaldo, Fejsa and Giroud, and even then the difference was negligible – 0.05.
    Diogo Dalot’s Bonuses:
    Spoiler!

Mile Svilar’s Bonuses:
    Spoiler!

MIKEBARCELONA - Erling Braut Haland – Striker – £275k wages - Southampton

Haland Now Established International
    Haland’s meteoric rise continued throughout this season and looks set to continue furthermore, as he has now been in Norway’s last three call ups. The last one didn’t result in any more goals – his record is now 4 caps and 2 goals – but he did start their 2-1 away win over Gibraltar.
    Despite joining in January, Haland finished the campaign as Saints’ top scorer. Manolo Gabbiadini led the line up until then and finished with 13, 2 fewer than the Norwegian. He won’t mind though as he is returning to Napoli for £73m.
    Champions League football beckons next season and Haland will find himself at the forefront aged just 19 once it starts.
    Spoiler!

Dermotron - Ferdi Kadioglu – Midfielder – £70,000 wages - Heerenveen

Fine Margins Define Dutch League
    Ferdi Kadioglu can be disappointed that European football won’t be a given next season, considering they were just three points off of third, which would’ve guaranteed them a shot at the Europa League. Instead they'll have to make it through the qualifying rounds, which come desperately early into preseason. Just seven points separated AZ in second to Heerenveen in 5th and 6th placed Vitesse were a massive 13 points behind them.
    It indicates that Heerenveen aren’t in a bad place but if the funding available to the manager isn’t great in the summer, he may well struggle to hold on to key players such as Kadioglu. Leading striker Ghoochannejhad and Kosovan winger Zeneli both want away and Japanese midfielder Kobayashi has already sealed a move to Utrecht, whilst Marco Rojas is leaving on a bosman after refusing to sign a new contract.
    Kadioglu’s stock rose throughout the season and improved on last year’s 8 goals and 8 assists with 15 and 11 this time round. His form was recognised by Turkey’s u21 side and he featured in their last two fixtures: he was a substitute versus Slovenia, coming on just to then come off himself shortly after, before playing the full 90 minutes against Latvia in a 4-1 win.
    Bonuses:
    Spoiler!

JayFlo – Manuel Roffo – Goalkeeper – £18,500 wages - Boca Juniors

Roffo’s future uncertain
    It was rumoured that Roffo had had showdown talks with his agent regarding a move away from the club if they failed to win either the Copa Libertadores or Copa Argentina this season – they did neither. He’s won the Argentine Superliga, Copa Sudamericana and the Recopa and clearly had his eyes on one of the remaining two trophies Argentina has to offer. It is thought that the ‘keeper already has one eye on Europe.
    Spoiler!

Mark – Matteo Guendouzi – Midfielder – £160, 000 wages - Bordeaux

A well-trodden path

Just over 20 years after Zinedine Zidane left Bordeaux for Juventus, another Frenchman with North African heritage is making the switch – Matteo Guendouzi.
    The fiery defensive midfielder was enjoyed a tumultuous affair with Bordeaux over the past 18 months, no better shown by the contract saga that threatened to, and frankly may have, derailed their season. Now, after 82 games at the club – accompanied with 7 goals and 16 assists – he is departing for Italian giants Juventus.
    In his time at Bordeaux, Guendouzi reached the Coupe de la Ligue in both seasons, finishing runners up, both times to PSG. This season Bordeaux had great success in the league, clocking up 83 points but PSG tipped them their too.
    Guendouzi will be attempting to get a place in a midfield flush with Pjanic, Bentancur, Kondogbia and Vidal. Up front is Argentine duo Higuain and Dybala and behind are Italian legends Chiellini and Buffon. Miraculously they didn’t win Serie A this year – Napoli did, by a point.

Spoiler!

drkshadow1 – Abdulkadir Omur – Midfielder – £120k wages - Besiktas

Omur has ‘Lost Confidence’

Sources close to Abdulkadir Omur have reportedly been claiming that Omur has lost confidence in his manager’s ability at Besiktas. It comes after the Turkish giants endured a season well below expectations, finishing 7th and just two points off a firmly midtable finish of 9th in a league of 18.
    Salvation may have come in the cup, but a loss over two legs against eventual champions and league runners up Akhisarspor put paid to that.
    Omur has been stuttering, playing in the middle of a flat midfield five, but with the freedom to drift forward in attack. It gave him 5 goals in 21 games but only one assist and his team at large underachieved.
    The move to Besiktas did pay off in one aspect: he could no longer be ignored for international duty and on his debut he put in a Man of the Match performance and scored in a 2-0 away win over Iceland. He then followed it up with a cameo from the bench in his next appearance, before being unnamed for the match against Latvia most recently.
    Spoiler!

MUST READ
    A fantastic season for the vast majority of our clients’ clubs and our clients themselves. All but Roffo will now be playing in Europe next season – and Roffo is staying put for now – across six different countries: England, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Turkey and Portugal.
    The next update will be the proposed changes to points scoring, bonuses and contracts. I have been taking on board feedback ever since this project started and hopefully the changes I propose will reflect this. As always, some may not like some of the changes or deem them unfair. I assure you I have only taken decisions in attempts to improve the game and not to personally annoy anyone!
    I may take longer to do the updates during the World Cup! Apologies if that becomes the case.

LEADERBOARD & SCOUT OF THE MONTH
    Navpirx - £97,991
    Erkifino - £51,274.50
    JayFlo - £40,367
    Trunky – £28,523
    London35 – £52,513.50
    GFRay – £34,628
    Evesham – £31,071
    Mark – £212.50
    Ebfatz - £43,306.50
    Redknapp69 - £26,581.50
    MIKEBARCELONA – £38796.50
    Drkshadow1 - £14,980.50
    Dermotron – £17,724.50

Scouts of the Month:
    Navpirx (7)
    JayFlo (4)
    Ebfatz (3)
    Evesham, Redknapp69 (2)
    London35, Erkifino, GFRay, MIKEBARCELONA, trunky
    “13 games won in a row, 28 games unbeaten, records smashed, Yuri on the up and…………………………” and finally, deservedly, trunky is our Scout of the Month!

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JayFlo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nice write up.

Hopefully a change of formation can bring some better results for the team! If only trunky had joined me things may have ended better

vCash
    Cracking stuff Jay. Future Hall of Fame story this one!

Well done Schuurs, but he can do better.

I'm looking forward to the changes.

vCash
    Finally a scout of the month for his collection...

Great write up. Shame that Milly is out injured...

Out of interest which formation was more successful for Dalot?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by evesham View Post
    I am the lurking fear, the whisperer in darkness, the thing at the doorstep, the haunter of the dark, the I ran out of Lovecraft story titles.

Quote Originally Posted by JayFlo
    June/End of Season 2019
    The Benfica Conspiracy is growing, catching more and more players in their nets.
    Last edited by navpirx; 14-06-18 at 08:57 AM.

43. The Following User Says Thank You to navpirx For This Useful Post: