Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The six man network game

The six man network game

Alright, so Mikey (Offside Trap) got six people to play a network game together including yours truly. Since I'm decently gifted in doing writeups ([emoji38]), I thought of doing one for this game as well!

Managers
    Andrew - (Liverpool)
    Asa - (Swansea)
    Geoffrey - (Man City)
    Mike - (Chelsea)
    Morten - (Tottenham)
    Pep - (Man Utd)

Database
    Saturn's v4 patch which contains the October 2017 update.

Rules
    Wibwob tactics are allowed.
    Only 4 signings and 4 Bosmans per transfer window.

Summary
    So we started this save game last night, but had a false start as it crashed and we had to redo the first two weeks of pre-season. It was a bittle of a haggle with the 'no-more-than-4-players-bought' rule, but everyone got their intended signings.

(Liverpool)

Andrew clearly focused on the defensive side of Liverpool as he brought in 3 pretty good defenders. As last signing he went for an absolute top striker with Icardi which makes him a title contender in my eyes.
    Spoiler!

(Swansea)

Asa managed to buy 1 player which was my Fernandinho and loaned in the other 3 signings he was allowed. The Swans hopefully will avoid relegation with this squad.
    Spoiler!

(Man City)

Yours truly landed the most players of all, buying 4 players of which all went into my starting eleven. The 3 Bosmans are for warming the bench. Hopefully I can challenge for the title right away.
    Spoiler!

(Chelsea)

Mikey bought 4 players including my Joe Hart. The other 3 are good prospects who are not expected to start right away. He also landed 1 Bosman, losing the other 3 to me.
    Spoiler!

(Tottenham)

Morten spend the most of us all for his 4 players. He invested a lot in attacking players so a lot is expected from him in that department. Definately title contending right away.
    Spoiler!

(Man Utd)

Pep had to leave quite early because of work in the morning and holidayed the most of the evening. He did make 1 signing in Aleix Vidal and his side are still an outsider for the title.
    Spoiler!

The season started well for Mikey and Pep picking up the Community Shield (Chelsea 3-2 Arsenal) and European Super Cup (Man Utd 2-0 Real Madrid) respectively. Pep and myself also managed to get through the CL qualification with ease so except Asa, everyone is playing in Europe this season.
    Spoiler!

In the league it's still tight at the top with Morten's Spurs leading before Andrew's Liverpool, Mikey's Chelsea and my Man City. Mikey does have one game in hand and yours truly even has two games in hand and hasn't dropped a point so far. Pep's Man Utd is 10th right now, but have only played 3 games so can still catch up Asa's Swansea isn't doing that good with a 13th place including a 5-0 thrashing against my City, but are still well above relegation.
    Spoiler!

In Europe, Chelsea and Tottenham won their first game in the CL and both Manchester's drawed. With one game played, there's nothing to say about that competition so far. Liverpool won the first leg of the 2nd round in the EL with ease and are practically through already.

That's it for this session which lasted a good 4 hours I think. We're probably going to continue later today on Saturday so stay tuned for more updates!
    Last edited by GFRay; 03-02-18 at 01:58 AM.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

Good stuff fellas

I like Spurs's business myself

Obviously I want the Liverpool and Swans managers to have most success from this

Great write-up

I gave a press conference in the bathroom this morning, it went something like this:

"I think we've a chance of the title, but for me, Spurs and City will contest it, and we can't rule out the others. The big games against one another are gonna be what counts"

Nice write up Ray I look forward to our next session later. (Andrew here)

gutted i missed this..

nice to have a few signing restrictions

We had another session last night that lasted for a good 2,5 hours as 5 of us were online. Only Morten couldn't make it and we left him on holiday throughout the session.

Summary

Liverpool (Andrew)

Andrew's Liverpool played 6 league games of which they won 5 and lost 1. The one loss came against my Man City who got the better of Liverpool at home and beat them 3-1. In the Europa League Liverpool won the return leg in the first round against Apollon Limassol to go through. In the second round they beat Feyenoord both games and they're now through to the third round which has yet to be drawn. In the EFL Cup third round Liverpool managed to beat Stoke and they now travel to Mikey's Chelsea in the fourth round for an absolute cracker of match.

Liverpool currently sits on top of the league, but Mikey's Chelsea, Pep's Man Utd and my Man City can all pass him if we win our games in hand.
    Spoiler!

Swansea (Asa)

Asa's Swansea played 6 league games of which they won none, drew 3 and lost 3. The home game against Morten's holidayed Spurs was lost 0-2 and it was the only game Asa played against one of us. Swansea did beat AFC Wimbledon in the second round and Sheffield Wednesday in the third round of the EFL Cup, but were eliminated in the fourth round by Cardiff.

Swansea currently sits one spot above relegation at 17th and they have a 3 point gap with 18th Watford.
    Spoiler!

Manchester City (Geoffrey)

My Man City played 5 league game which we all won. We played Morten's holidayed Spurs at home and got a tight 2-1 win. We also beat Andrew's Liverpool fair and square at home by 3-1. In the Champions League we played the remaining 5 games of the first group stage after we've drawed the opening game against RB Leipzig in the previous session. We won all 5 games to close the first group stage as winner. The second group stage sees us take on Club Brugge, Hoffenheim and Real Madrid which is not a bad group at all to qualify from. In the EFL Cup 3rd round we needed extra time and penalties to get rid of Everton who put up a tough fight, but got disposed off in the end. In the fourth round we got matched against Birmingham.

Man City currently sits in third position, but we are the only team that hasn't dropped a single point yet. We have 3 games in hand on leaders Liverpool so we expect to pass them eventually.
    Spoiler!

Chelsea (Mike)

Mikey's Chelsea played 6 league games of which they won 5 and lost 1. In the Champions League they played the remaining 5 games after winning the first game 4-0 against Ludogorets in the first session. Of those 5 games they won 3 and lost 2 to close the first group stage in second place behind Napoli. The second group stage sees Chelsea take on Barcelona, Dortmund and Juventus in what is considered the 'group of death'. In the EFL Cup third round, Chelsea had no problems beating Hull to advance to the next round where they will face Andrew's Liverpool at home.

Chelsea currently sits in second place, but they have a game in hand on leaders Liverpool.
    Spoiler!

Tottenham (Morten)

Morten's holidayed Spurs played 6 league games of which they won 4 and lost 2. One of the losses came against my Man City who beat Spurs at home with 2-1. Spurs also played Asa's Swansea at their turf and took a deserved 2-0 victory back home. In the Champions League they played the remaining 5 games after winning the first game 1-0 against BATE in the first session. Of those 5 games they won 3, drawed 1 and lost 1 to close the first group stage in first place. The second group stage sees Spurs take on Besiktas, Bayern and PSG in what is also a very tough group. In the EFL Cup third round Spurs beat Watford at home and are now drawn away at Leicester in the fourth round.

Spurs currently sits in 4th place at 2 points from leaders Liverpool, but unlike the others, Spurs don't have any games in hand.
    Spoiler!

Man Utd (Pep)

Pep's Man Utd played 6 league games that they all won. In the Champions League they played the remaining 5 games after drawing the first game 1-1 against Monaco in the first session. Of those 5 games they won 4 and lost 1 to close the first group stage in first place. The secound group stage sees Man Utd take on Atlético Madrid, RB Leipzig and Napoli in a tough group. In the EFL Cup third round Man Utd got proper 'champmanned' against Middlesbrough as they were beaten 2-0 and eliminated.

Man Utd currently sits in 5 place, but are the team that has the most games in hand with 4 games less than leaders Liverpool. If all games are won, Man Utd can pass them.
    Spoiler!

Table

Spoiler!

All in all a good session again and hopefully we can add another one somewhere during this week.
    Last edited by GFRay; 05-02-18 at 05:18 PM.

Its going to be interesting mate. All i need is two decent full backs a keeper and a decent CM (not including Keita) and at least 100mil to get them. Can't beleive I can't spend as much as even Spurs! lol Looking forward to the next session bud

Looking forward to the next one also! Touch and Go for me staying up, I'd like to think with a few January additions I can score some more goals and stop leaking them as well.

The Race at the top is where there is going to be fireworks though. Too difficult to call form what I've seen.

For the record I'm not using Wib Wob to excuse my poor performance so far haha

Another successful session, and another superb write-up Ray.

City gonna be the team to beat, catch, and somehow stop. When the window opens it wont get any easier, as they've got 2 big players arriving.
    League Cup 4td round match gonna be a war for me and Liverpool

Asa - I admire the challenge you're doing, and I hope Cahill can support that survival bid in the January window

Quote Originally Posted by Offside Trap View Post
    Another successful session, and another superb write-up Ray.

City gonna be the team to beat, catch, and somehow stop. When the window opens it wont get any easier, as they've got 2 big players arriving.
    League Cup 4td round match gonna be a war for me and Liverpool

Asa - I admire the challenge you're doing, and I hope Cahill can support that survival bid in the January window
    Two big signings? Oh, you mean Fabinho and Virgil van Dijk?

Last Friday saw us put another 4 hours into this game with 5 of 6 present. Only Morten was (again) not available as he was travelling to London for the Spurs v Arsenal game and we left him on holiday.

Update

Liverpool (Andrew)

Premier League

P:11
    W: 9
    D: 0
    L: 2
    Position: 2nd

Head to head

Swansea 0-1 Liverpool
    Tottenham 2-0 Liverpool
    Liverpool 3-0 Man Utd

Europa League

R32: Liverpool 1-0 Anderlecht
    R32: Anderlecht 1-0 Liverpool (Liverpool wins on penalties)
    R16 draw: Liverpool v Milan

EFL Cup

4R: Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool (Liverpool wins on penalties)
    QF: Liverpool 2-0 Arsenal
    SF draw: West Ham v Liverpool

FA Cup

3R: Man City 1-0 Liverpool

Summary

Andrew had a pretty decent session where he only lost twice in the league and won the rest. His Liverpool did get past in the league by my Man City who had a lot of games in hand. Andrew got lucky in the EFL Cup and Europa League where he both needed penalties to get through. In the FA Cup he got eliminated against my Man City right away in the biggest fixture of the 3rd round.

Swansea (Asa)

Premier League

P: 11
    W: 1
    D: 2
    L: 8
    Position: 18th

Head to head

Man Utd 3-0 Swansea
    Swansea 0-1 Liverpool
    Chelsea 1-0 Swansea
    Swansea 0-1 Man City

FA Cup

3R: Swansea 1-2 Burton Albion

Summary

Asa had a very poor session as he only managed to win 1 game in the league and has now slipped to an unsafe 18th position. There have been several reports of unrest at Swansea and his job status is currently 'very insecure'. Hopefully he can turn things around with his winter signings as we would all hate it if he got the sack. In the FA Cup he got proper 'Champmanned' against Burton Albion who got their infamous '2 shots, 2 goals' moment and knocked Asa out of the last remaining Cup.

Manchester City (Geoffrey)

Premier League

P: 14
    W: 12
    D: 1
    L: 1
    Position: 1st

Head to head

Chelsea 1-0 Man City
    Man Utd 0-1 Man City
    Swansea 0-1 Man City

Champions League

2R G1: Man City 5-2 Club Brugge
    2R G2: Real Madrid 3-3 Man City
    Spoiler!

EFL Cup

4R: Birmingham 2-4 Man City
    QF: Cardiff 0-2 Man City
    SF draw: Man City v Tottenham

FA Cup

3R: Man City 1-0 Liverpool
    4R draw: Newcastle v Man City

Summary

Yours truly had a very good session where we won all our games in hand and took over top of the league from Andrew's Liverpool. We did suffer our first loss at Mikey's Chelsea in a game where we should have gotten a draw at least. Also a shock draw at home against Burnley (1 shot, 1 goal) resulted in loss of points. Other than that, we're doing well on all fronts and now face Morten's Spurs in the EFL Cup semi's.

Chelsea (Mike)

Premier League

P: 12
    W: 7
    L: 4
    Position: 5th

Head to head

Chelsea 1-0 Man City
    Chelsea 1-0 Swansea
    Tottenham 0-3 Chelsea
    Chelsea 1-3 Man Utd
    Man Utd 2-1 Chelsea

Champions League

2R G1: Barcelona 2-1 Chelsea
    2R G2: Chelsea 3-0 Dortmund
    Spoiler!

EFL Cup

4R: Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool (Liverpool wins on penalties)

FA Cup

3R: Chelsea 6-0 Hartlepool
    4R draw: Stoke v Chelsea

Summary

Mikey had a poor session which started well, but ended with 2 defeats against Pep's Man Utd which saw him tumble to 5th place. Chelsea will have to get a good run together now if they want to finish in top 4. In the EFL Cup he got terminated by Andrew after penalties which was unfortunate. In the CL he's doing rather fine with 3 points from 2 games in the toughest group of us all.

Tottenham (Morten)

Premier League

P: 11
    W: 8
    Position: 3rd

Head to head

Man Utd 1-0 Tottenham
    Tottenham 2-0 Liverpool
    Tottenham 0-3 Chelsea

Champions League

2R G1: Besiktas 2-2 Tottenham
    2R G2: Tottenham 3-1 PSG
    Spoiler!

EFL Cup

4R: Leicester 0-1 Tottenham
    QF: Tottenham 3-1 Fulham
    SF draw: Man City v Tottenham

FA Cup

3R: Tottenham 2-0 Watford
    4R draw: Tottenham v Burton Albion

Summary

Morten's holidayed Spurs did rather well with a 3rd place currently as a result. He did lose 2 of 3 matchups against us, but they're still competing at all fronts. In the semi's of the EFL Cup he's going to clash against my Man City which is going to be two amazing games.

Man Utd (Pep)

Premier League

P: 13
    W: 10
    Position: 4th

Head to head

Man Utd 3-0 Swansea
    Man Utd 1-0 Tottenham
    Man Utd 0-1 Man City
    Liverpool 3-0 Man Utd
    Chelsea 1-3 Man Utd
    Man Utd 2-1 Chelsea

Champions League

2R G1: Atletico Madrid 2-3 Man Utd
    2R G2: Man Utd 2-1 Napoli
    Spoiler!

Club World Cup

Grp 1 G1: Man Utd 5-0 Kaizer Chiefs
    Grp 1 G2: San Lorenzo 0-3 Man Utd
    Grp 1 G3: Al Ain 0-4 Man Utd
    SF: Man Utd 3-0 San Lorenzo
    F: Real Madrid 4-3 Man Utd

FA Cup

3R: West Brom 1-3 Man Utd
    4R draw: Nottingham Forest v Man Utd

Summary

Pep's session was good to say the most. Because of the Club World Cup, he didn't get to play all his games in hands and sits at 4th place with still 2 games less than the rest. Winning those games will see him take over 2nd place. He lost the Club World Cup against Real Madrid in an entertaining match and in the CL he's the only one of us to win both of his games.

Table

Spoiler!

All in all another good session which saw us through to mid January. Next update will have the winter transfers in it as the market is still open.
    Last edited by GFRay; 11-02-18 at 09:21 AM.

Was a fun session. Looking forward to see how my 11mil signing Woods from Brentford works out. Its going to take a lot for anyone to catch you in the league Ray, but the cups should be interesting. Man City and Chelsea taking all the best free transfers making it harder for the rest, but we all love a challange. Mikey defo needs to find a formation hes happy with. Looking forward to the next session.
    Last edited by Kope22; 11-02-18 at 11:31 PM.

I'm changing formation more times than I care to remember but fingers crossed I'll get there before its too late in my bid for a top 4 finish. Couple deals in the pipeline, towards the end of the Transfer Window, so need a solid final few months of the season

City are gonna take some stopping, although I won't count Utd out yet,

Was just going to say about the luck thing Ray, i was lucky to win on pens, but not very lucky to draw you and mike away in both cups. Also the 2 loses was away to Spurs man sent of after 10 minutes and home to Leicester 3 days after extra time with mikey with B team and man sent off after 3 minutes. So im not feeling that lucky in the game. lol plus ive played you all 8 times in total this season and only 1 game at home. So hopefulyl my luck will change a bit now. he says with his fingers crossed.

Ray I'm sure will do a proper write-up, but in a nutshell, season 1 comes to an end, and it was trophy's galore for some of us, jack shit for some us, a sacking for 1 of us, and much much more.

Change of rules for next season, will see us wit NO WIBWOBS,

Instead of doing a write-up, I thought it might be fun to do it as a recording.

Here's the latest update on the ending of season 1!

This is brilliant Ray

Heres my first attempt fellas. lol

And here's another recap of the summer transfer period and the start of season 2:

Here's another recap of Sunday's session where we put another good 2.5 hours in:

What a horrible session last night was, disaster at the Bridge for me. Liverpool looking good, as are City and Utd, won't count Spurs out just yet. Meanwhile Morcombe looking sharp

Always time to turn it around Mikey mate!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast