Thread: Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarđar

Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarđar

At the end of season 4 I took over Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarđar in Division 5. They had finished at an anonymous 12th place and I started rebuilding the squad to prepare for season 5.

I will use this thread to keep track of my route to hopefully Division 1 some day.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

Current Squad

Last edited by GFRay; 17-02-18 at 07:42 PM.

Pre Season Friendlies

There were a total of 5 friendlies arranged, 3 against fellow managers and 2 against CPU sides.

Indepediente del Valle 0 -2 Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarđar

Our first friendly was against Division 3 side Indepediente del Valle who were the clear favourites for this matchup. We opted for a defensive tactic and tried to hit them on the counter-attack. We executed this perfectly as Indepediente dominated the game, but we got the goals in the second half. An undeserved win, but we'll take it gladly.
    Spoiler!

Corinthians 0-1 Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarđar

Our second friendly was against Division 2 side Corinthians who were unmanaged, but still considered much better than our side. We again went with a defensive minded tactic and tried to counter-attack. To my surprise we were the better side throughout the match and got a deserved 1-0 win.

Spoiler!

BATE vs Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarđar

Our third friendly was against Division 3 side BATE who were considered stronger than us. We again went for a defensive counter-attack and to my surprise we were the better side. We did lose 1-0 though which was undeserved if you look at the statistics.

Spoiler!

Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarđar vs Ludogrets Razgrad

Our fourth friendly was against Division 3 side Ludogrets Razgrad who were unmanaged, but still higher rated than our side. We opted for the defensive counter-attack tactic again despite playing at home. In the end we had less possession, but more shots and got a deserved 2-0 win.

Spoiler!

Sparta Praha vs Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarđar

Our fifth and final friendly was against Divison 1 side Sparta Praha who are the current Champions. They were obviously much stronger than us so we opted again for the defensive counter-attack tactic. We were severly outplayed and lost deservedly 2-1, but I'd expected a beating so this was a decent result nonetheless.

Spoiler!

With 3 wins and 2 losses against all better sides than ours, we can't be unhappy and I think we're ready for the season!
    Last edited by GFRay; 10-02-18 at 09:20 PM.

Our first game of the season was at home against unmanaged side Baghdad FC. Since they had an average rating that was much lower then ours, we opted to go with an attacking 4-3-3 playmaking tactic.

We started the match poor when Baghdad opened the score with their first and what turned out to be their only shot at goal after 8 minutes. We didn't let our heads down and dominated the match in terms of possession. After 28 minutes we got a penalty and our striker Azmoun made it 1-1. Shortly after the break we got the lead we deserved and despite more chances the score remained 2-1. This meant our first 3 points of the season and a 4th place in Division 5. Our next game will be against Erkifino's El Jaish SC.

Spoiler!

On matchday 2 we traveled to El Jaish who are managed by Erkifino. Our scout reported that they had a significant lower rating that us so we went with an attacking 4-3-3 tactic.

We started the match well with a goal from Azmoun after 16 minutes which turned out to be the only goal before half time. Shortly after the break El Jaish hit us back with a goal to draw level, but only 7 minutes after that Azmoun put us ahead again with his 2nd goal of the match. There were no more goals scored and we got a deserved three points after dominating the opponent. Despite the win we remain in 4t place on goaldifference.

Spoiler!

Best of luck with auld Sammy! Like I said on SM, I hope I don't regret selling him, though I fear I might!

Good luck!

On matchday 3 we traveled to unmanaged Ferroviario de Maputo who's rating was over 4 points lower than ours. Anticipating a win here we opted for our playmaking 4-3-3 tactic. Although we dominated the opponent in both possession and shots, we fell behind shortly after half time with Ferroviario de Maputo's first shot at goal. Around 74 minutes our most recent signing Kamel Chafni equalized, but despite our best our efforts no more goals were scored and we had to settle for a draw. We dropped to 6th with 7 points from 3 games. Next game will be at home against unmanaged Saham SC.

Spoiler!

On matchday 4 we played against unmanaged Saham SC who had a 3 point lower rating on average than our squad. We went with the playmaking 4-3-3 tactic as we should outclass our opponents and get a win here. After 5 minutes Azmoun got to take a penalty and put us ahead quickly before new signing Fernando Bob doubled the score after 24 minutes. Only 3 minutes later Saham pulled one back with their first attempt at goal and just 4 minutes after that they pulled level with their second shot at goal. We went into half time even, but shortly after the break Fernando Bob scored his second goal to give us the lead. We couldn't score anymore despite many more chances and the game ended in a 3-2 win which sees us move into 4th place in the league.

Spoiler!

On matchday 5 we played against unmanaged Al Karamah who were 10th in the league and had a considerable lower squad rating than ours. We went with our playmaking 4-3-3 tactic as we were clearly the favourites. Al Karamah took the lead after 41 minutes and again like in the last three games, our opponent scored with their first and only shot at goal. Despite many chances from our side we only managed to score once after 49 minutes to equalize. Of our 20 shots only 9 were on target, but still it wasn't enough to beat Al Karamah and we had to settle for a disappointing draw. We now drop to 6th place, but only 2 points behind the league's leaders so we're still close by.

Spoiler!

On matchday 6 we played at home against CSD Municipal who are managed by cerealkiller. We went an playmaking 4-3-3 formation as we were significantly higher rated than our opponent. The first half saw no goals, but it was CSD Municipal that opened the score after 53 mins with their first shot at goal. Same thing has happened 5 games in a row now! After 67 minutes we equalized through Azmoun who scored his 6th in 6 games, but despite many chances we failed to score more goals. And so we lose again 2 points which is now for the 3rd time this season and we stay in 6th place.

Spoiler!

On matchday we played away at unmanaged Dynamic Togolais who were significant lower rated than us so we went for an offensive tactic again. We started the match withs some chances after 31 minutes we opened the score when Eto'o scored his first goal since joining us. In the second half we doubled the score when Torbinsky scored also his first goal since joining in the 61st minute. We created a lot, but only shot 5 of 15 on target and didn't score anymore. Because our opponents shot even worse there were no more goals and we got the deserved three points which now sees us move into 4th place in the league.

Spoiler!

What way are your finances?

Quote Originally Posted by Erkifino View Post
    What way are your finances?
    Right now minus 800k. The weekly balance is at minus 334k so that's only going to stack more debt.

There is no growth potential in this club sadly enough with a stadium capacity of 5.818.

I was wondering how you were able to get that standard of player.

Good luck with balancing the books.