Member of the Month
    Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash

Tactic Contest: 4-4-2

Hi everyone!

I think it is fun to do some contests to see who can create the "best" tactic for certain formations. This was done in the past and I think it's fun to pick it up again (many thanks to Desp for bringing this to my attention ).

For this first contest I want to start with the most basic formation of all: 4-4-2.

Rules

• - Team instructions, player instructions, arrows and wibwob can all be used, but the formation on overview must look like this:

- Submit your tactic to me by PM before Saturday 24th February.

-I will test each tactic the same way I test the tactics in the Revamped Tactic League. So each tactic will be run for 100 seasons.

-All tactics will be ranked by Points Average.

-The winner will receive 10 points, the runner-up 9 points, the nr. 3 will get 8 points, etc. The best 10 tactics will score points and there will be an overall table where all points for each contestant will be kept.

So start creating those 4-4-2's and submit them in the coming two weeks!

Contestants (have send in a tactic)

- Desp
    - Offside Trap
    - evesham
    - ViK
    - giopos
    - Dermotron
    - AtomicAnt
    - scemoka
    - info0

Submitted Tactics

All tactics that have been submitted can be downloaded here.
    Last edited by GFRay; 24-02-18 at 03:21 PM.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!
    Want to have your tactic tested to see where it ranks? Join the Revamped Tactics League!
    Current stories: From Misfits To Champions: An Interactive Story, The Great Comeback: A Dutch Football Story and The Almere Boys: A Tale Of Friendship And Football

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks GFRay for reviving the contest!
    This is my tactic!
    Last edited by GFRay; 11-02-18 at 08:37 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Desp For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I'm entering this with no pressure and the expectations of finishing bottom

After my attempt (if we can call it that few weeks back on another tactic)

I give to you, my 4,4,2 Challenge Tactic

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hi Ray, here's my entry for the contest, I have the tactical genious of a Turnip If I even get in the top 10 I'll be surprised, the only WIBWOB on it is the GK square, without the ball

8. The Following User Says Thank You to evesham For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great idea! I'll get working...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ViK For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I will enter too, but... I don't know if sharing links here is best idea GFRay.

I would do it via PM, just as insurance, but then again, people learned how to play with their own tactics, so they seldom download tactics from others.

. Anyway, I wonder if I can still compete.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/info0
    Twitch.tv: infonator07
    Twitter: info0

Donators welcome

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to info0 For This Useful Post:

GFRay is offline 0102Bet Mod
    Member of the Month
    Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by info0 View Post
    I will enter too, but... I don't know if sharing links here is best idea GFRay.

I would do it via PM, just as insurance, but then again, people learned how to play with their own tactics, so they seldom download tactics from others.

. Anyway, I wonder if I can still compete.
    You can send it by PM or post it here.
    Want to have your tactic tested to see where it ranks? Join the Revamped Tactics League!
    Current stories: From Misfits To Champions: An Interactive Story, The Great Comeback: A Dutch Football Story and The Almere Boys: A Tale Of Friendship And Football

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    We should send tactic by PM to GFRay. After having test results, GFRay could release all tactics later!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zionmaster For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Agree with zionmaster. PM then release later.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicAnt For This Useful Post:

Member of the Month
    Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Alright, I've edited the OP and all tactics must now be submitted to me by PM to avoid copying eachothers tactics!

Also the download links from Desp's, Offside Trap's and evesham's post have been removed for the above reason.

vCash
    I think we need to add three more rules to get real 442. First rule : The central two MCs can't have arrows to AMC and can't have arrow MLC to MC/MRC to MC. Only two arrows can be used if u want. MLC to DMLC - MRC to DMRC. If you use two back arrows, these two back arrows must be used together. One MC has back arrow other MC has not arrow must be forbidden.

Second rule : You can give ML arrows to AML and AMLC. MR arrows to AMR or AMRC. Again here if you use ML with arrows, MR has to be arrowed same. If you don't use ML arrow, MR must non arrowed.
    Otherwise from 4 middfielders (ML-MC-MC-MR) with only one arrow - 442 converted into triple midfielded system so we can't name the tactic as 442.
    Third rule : Full backs can't be arrowed to center.. eg DMLC and DMRC. If you you want arrows for full-back it should be only to DML-DMR. if full backs has arrows to ML-MR (caz full-backs to ML-MR can be centered GDO), tactic again will be converted to christmas three or diamond winged-backs. again here not clean 442.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to scemoka For This Useful Post:

Member of the Month
    Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scemoka View Post
    I think we need to add three more rules to get real 442. First rule : The central two MCs can't have arrows to AMC and can't have arrow MLC to MC/MRC to MC. Only two arrows can be used if u want. MLC to DMLC - MRC to DMRC. If you use two back arrows, these two back arrows must be used together. One MC has back arrow other MC has not arrow must be forbidden.

Second rule : You can give ML arrows to AML and AMLC. MR arrows to AMR or AMRC. Again here if you use ML with arrows, MR has to be arrowed same. If you don't use ML arrow, MR must non arrowed.
    Otherwise from 4 middfielders (ML-MC-MC-MR) with only one arrow - 442 converted into triple midfielded system so we can't name the tactic as 442.
    Third rule : Full backs can't be arrowed to center.. eg DMLC and DMRC. If you you want arrows for full-back it should be only to DML-DMR. if full backs has arrows to ML-MR (caz full-backs to ML-MR can be centered GDO), tactic again will be converted to christmas three or diamond winged-backs. again here not clean 442.
    I know why you would want to add these rules and personally I agree with you scemoka. But this will make the challenge much harder and I fear that people will not participate because of it.

Therefor I will decide that these rules will not be added to the challenge. Any arrows and wibwob are allowed, but the formation must look like a 4-4-2 on overview.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Not so much restrictions... These rules can give our mates to improve 442_tapani iodine_6e, i need passing, 442CJF which they never passed before.
    Here is avaible arrows. I only said my opinion Of course everyone free - they can do what they want.
    Last edited by scemoka; 12-02-18 at 11:56 AM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to scemoka For This Useful Post:

Member of the Month
    Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scemoka View Post
    Not so much restrictions... I only said my opinion
    I know and like I said in my reply: I agree with you personally.

But I fear adding your rules will scare people away from this challenge. By keeping the restrictions to a minimum, I'm hoping that quite some people will submit a tactic. If we add too many restrictions it will be a contest between only a few people which will be the same people that submit tactics in the RTL. I want this to be a simple challenge that anyone can participate in.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    One simple rule to add and a lot of folks are busted before they even try: don't use any Tapani influence in your tactics.

I want creativity to be back. I wanna see some inspirational work. However, ever since Tapani released his 2 tactics to public, Hell froze and everyone started copying his works. Even when doing improvements you cannot claim this to be your work alone.

Donators welcome

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to info0 For This Useful Post:

Member of the Month
    Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by info0 View Post
    One simple rule to add and a lot of folks are busted before they even try: don't use any Tapani influence in your tactics.

I want creativity to be back. I wanna see some inspirational work. However, ever since Tapani released his 2 tactics to public, Hell froze and everyone started copying his works. Even when doing improvements you cannot claim this to be your work alone.
    You're saying the same thing basically as scemoka, but in different words.

It's totally fine if you yourself play by this rule, but I will not state it as a general rule for everyone.

vCash
    I believe avoiding tapani's findings would be counterproductive. His tactics proved to utilize the game engine in the most efficient and effective way. There is no need to reinvent the wheel. Since there are practically no 4 defender tactics in the RTL top 20 at the moment, this contest could produce some interesting additions. Building upon tapani's base would be the wisest way of creating them.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to ^Jack^ For This Useful Post:

Member of the Month
    Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Alright the deadline has passed and I will run the tactics tomorrow plus post the results!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

ViK

Member of the Month
    Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    There were a total of 9 tactics submitted. I've tested all the tactics and the winner is.... giopos!

Below you can see the results how all of your tactics have scored which are sorted by points average.

Giopos earns a total of 10 points for winning this challenge. The nr. 2 gets 9 points and so one. This is the table of points after the first challenge:

A download link to all the tactics has been added to the opening post for anyone who wants to use/check them. I want to thank everyone for participating and the next challenge will be posted soon!

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    congratz giopos, I'm very happy not to finish bottom, very surprised

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evesham For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Yep, expected as much. xD.

But still, did find something interesting in this. Might do some revisions later on. Defensively and offensively hilariously bad after all XD. (and yes, that was to kick myself up the arse and get some inspiration back ).

Donators welcome

40. The Following User Says Thank You to info0 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks GFRay! Pleased with 3rd place - and well done to everyone involved, especially giopos

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ViK For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Unfortunately this contest did not give us very solid tactic. In RVL there are some 19,65 - 20,77 - 21,33 solid didfferent formations.
    , 2 With theese tactics we can't role-play in full-play similar Diego Simeone's Atletico Madrid. Giopos' tactic got less points than original.
    Giopos deserved being number 1 not only by the resulsts . When he released ''i need pasing'' everybody influnced by his two striker/forward positioning and still use them. Mine was not bad, but it should be more solid.Solid 442 must be around 20-21 goals conceed. In my main game folder i still use 442tapani_6e.
    So i hand over my second place to Evesham. He gained 57,33 pts with nonwib-nonwob tactic. This is excellent effort. Congratulations - respect Evesham! Now on i expect from you a good 4132 nonwib-nonwob tactic.
    Other mates (info0,Dermotron,Offside trap, Vik,Desp and AtomicAnt oftenly make good tactics. Things do not going well everytime. They can do good different tactics or remodify their 442. Desp already made one of most solid in RVL, AtomicAnt has already unique antoka-bella top10 tactic of RTL (if you remove duplicated tactics from table).
    And big thanks to GFRay for testing. After published results, we can anlayze the situation, we wii do better.

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scemoka For This Useful Post:

Member of the Month
    Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    I think it will be deserved if the winner of each challenge picks the formation for the next challenge. He can only choose between the standard formations that the game has to offer for now.

So giopos: could you PM me your choice of formation for the next challenge? I might or might not add some extra rules/restrictions to it!