Thread: What shall I do? (Opinions)

What shall I do? (Opinions)

I started a new game with Brackley, a team fairly local to me. I normally just choose a top team as I like spending the money on top players but I thought I would give a small team a go. My first season in the National League North I came 3rd in the league and was promoted. They had zero money to spend and awful facilities so I had to scour the free transfers and loans. So in light of this I was pleased I was promoted in my 1st season. The next season I was in the National League and things became a bit harder as I stayed in this league for 2 seasons coming 9th and 13th respectively. Still no money but they had to improve the ground to meet the league regulations. My 4th season that I have just finished I won the National League by 3 points and was promoted to FL2 plus I won the FA trophy. I was really happy as again the money wasn't there to spend and I was having to play with what players I had or take on free or loan players.
    The new season (5th) is about to start and it seems Blackburn have been having a terrible time and are struggling just avoiding relegation in FL1. They are now manager less and have approached me. Do you think i should take the job or carry on with what I am doing with Brackley? Do you think i will regret either choice? Like I said normally I manage a top team but I am liking a different challenge.

Just wondered what you would do.
    Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Do both

Save the game now, then accept the Blackburn job and save it again under another name, that way you can carry on and see how ya get on with Brackley, and also see how you do in recovering Blackburn.

It depends on what you want and what your goals are.

If you want to make Brackley the best team in the world then you should stay. But you will have to accept that there won't be more money anytime soon and that progressing will go slow.

If you want to take the easy route to succes then you should take the Blackburn job. They have a good stadium size and decent finances so you'll be able to progress pretty fast and have succes with them.

It's just a matter of what your personal aims/goals are with this save game.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

The main thing in the lower leagues is to start making some money. You can do that by selling unneeded players. You will get some money and will pay less money for wages total. Try having a no more than ~40 players in the team. If you are going good in the league - accept offers for the best players you have BUT ask for big money for them. When you have some cash in tha team, buy transfer listed players from the upper leagues, they will be cheap, but be carefull who you are signing, they have to make your team better so you can continue your progress. And always get players from loan - you wont pay wages for and thats a big plus (if they are good and do a good job for you).

I had some saves with Hull City and Doncaster Rovers in the original database and won the Champions League with both of them using this strategy and when i was promoted to the Championship i started buying players from the u-21 teams in Europe for cheap.

You can do a small trick - save your game before accepting Blackburn offer and after accepting their offer - save the game with new name, so you will have 2 saves with two teams who you can manage when you want like AMC said.

If I were in your place I would continue with Brackley at least up to the Premier

I have been selling players that have done well for me and like I said I have won a cup and and got promoted twice so I have checked my finances and now I'm in +2mill which I suppose is good for Brackley but now I'm in FL2 I assume I will need to increase my stadium again to meet the league rules so I anticipate that money will go soon?

I'm thinking I don't want to do two saves and just either stay or go to Blackburn and no turning back just like a manager would be able to in real life.

Stay with Brackley.

I decided to stay with Brackley for now and rejected Blackburn. The board have spent my 2mill bank on expanding the stadium and now I'm minus 700k!

Good choice! And keep us updated

good choice

Quote Originally Posted by barfly14 View Post
    The new season (5th) is about to start and it seems Blackburn have been having a terrible time and are struggling just avoiding relegation in FL1. They are now manager less and have approached me. Do you think i should take the job or carry on with what I am doing with Brackley? Do you think i will regret either choice? Like I said normally I manage a top team but I am liking a different challenge.

Just wondered what you would do.
    I would choose for Blackburn - obviously

Wow. What a 5th season that was. If I'm honest I didn't hold much hope this season seeing as I was in the highest league so far with this team and not having the funds to boost my confidence either. It seems I wasn't alone in this thinking as the board set me a target of battle bravely against relegation. I did 3 free transfers. 1 player who went straight into my team and ended up playing 34 games and a goalkeeper who played half a season. The final freebie was just a 17yr old DC who is not ready for the challenge yet. To my surprise we started really well the first 10 games and we were 2nd. We fluctuated with 3rd and 4th up to Christmas and I was starting to think maybe a playoff place ain't out of the question. Then the new year came and we went through a bad spell and went as low as 8th so just out of the playoff zone. Towards March we started to pick up again and I was back up to 4th. Could I get the last promotion place? April came and we didn't lose a game but neither did Exeter who were 3rd. I starting to think perhaps automatic promotion was out of reach as I was 4 points behind them. The last game of the season came we were at home to 8th place MK dons and Exeter at home to 12th place Hartlepool. Could they do me a favour? Unfortunately not enough. We won 3-0 and Exeter drew 1-1.
    Yes we made the playoffs but we were slightly gutted to be pipped at the automatic promotion post by 1 point.
    On to the play offs we drew the 1st leg 1-1 at home and 2nd leg we won 0-1 in the last 10 minutes of extra time!
    Time for the playoff final!
    Us and Ebbsfleet Utd fighting to be in FL1.
    It was a really close first half and you couldn't split us. 0-0. 2nd half they came out the better and took the lead in the 73 minute. Gutted. Could we pull it back? My young number 10 scores in the 79th min and the crowd went wild! 7 mins later he's only gone and scored again and we hold on and take the last promotion place via the playoffs!!!
    Chairman congratulates me on a double promotion in the last 2 seasons. What will FL1 hold for us?