Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1209

Thread: CM Vipers - Season 5

vCash
    a fine win guys, good write up Mark

2. The Following User Says Thank You to evesham For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nine minutes later though, Fulham had their goal and there was no doubt about it this time with Ream taking a freekick which saw Fonte beat Kowalinho to the ball to put them level.

The Vipers had barely touched the ball with Fulham dominating possession. But Redknapp69 always had the ability to pull something out of nowhere and he did just that when he picked up a ball, lashed it at goal from distance and left Button stranded as it settled into the net.
    So they equalised before we scored?! Impressive!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

Redknapp69 is offline Soccer Manager - Division 1 Title/Cup
    Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Cracking write up Mark

Well - looks like an endeserved win - they maybe outplayed us looking at the stats

No idea why but I seem to be getting a lot of headers at the mo - guess if oppo GKor defence are oofing it then I'm jumping!

Delighted to help the team with a brace - lovely assists from the D Unit boys Dermo and Ray

We go again............uppa Vipersssssssssssssssssssss!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great win, lads! That Recaro seat I bought is really comfortable... but I think the bench seat has a better view!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rapinoe For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Solid win that, against a good team. Redders the hero, but no poor ratings throughout the team.

Next!
    Discover more about members of the Champman0102 community, as they answer:
    Twenty Questions!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Only 67 fitness left at the end of the game... Guess that means I won't recover until the next game anyway I know for sure what I will spend my points on at the end of the season!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Felix For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Only 67 fitness left at the end of the game... Guess that means I won't recover until the next game anyway I know for sure what I will spend my points on at the end of the season!
    some hookers and cocaine?

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Honoured to have my buttocks make contact with the bench in the previous game. Definitely didn't go AWOL on a furious bender as a result of no gametime however. My gran was ill. I'm back for good now.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dl8860 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I have a taste for goals now and want more lets get the games underway!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to drkshadow1 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by London35 View Post
    some hookers and cocaine?
    Dont forget vodka.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kowalinho For This Useful Post:

AJ, Mark

vCash
    I am meditating at the training my unenlightened gaffer.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Game day?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to hornbloweroafc For This Useful Post:

GFRay is offline 0102Bet Mod
    Network Games Mod
    Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    Most Mod Titles
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hornbloweroafc View Post
    Game day?
    Not sure. Mark was on holiday this week so I think he will continue next week.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!
    Want to have your tactic tested to see where it ranks? Check out the Revamped Tactics League!
    Current games: Ultimate Managers League, Road To Glory and International Managers Competition
    Current stories: From Misfits To Champions: An Interactive Story, The Coventry Comeback and The Great Comeback: A Dutch Football Story

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    Not sure. Mark was on holiday this week so I think he will continue next week.
    Cheers I may as well crack open another can of wife beaters

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hornbloweroafc For This Useful Post:

vCash

AWOL: MIKEBARCELONA, JayFlo, PedroM, samsami, pyromyst, AngryKiwi.
    International Duty: Craig Forrest.

With an extended break until the Vipers' next game, The Gaffer had hoped that it may mean a sighting once more of those who had often gone AWOL this season. But alas, there is once again no sign of MIKBARCELONA, JayFlo, PedroM, pyromyst and AngryKiwi but dl8860 was back at the club having previously made the squad for the first time only to go missing and go back to the back of the pecking order once more up front.

Having beaten Fulham last time out, the team is all set to remain unchanged and that's certainly the case with all players attending training and looking fit and ready to go after a one week break in games. However, the timing of Craig Forrest's call up to represent Canada Under 21's is a bad one as he is unavailable for selection, allowing Erkifino to make a return to the squad for the first time in 6 games since Kowalinho took the gloves. The Gaffer has also been boosted by the return of trunky and ZanSnake to training after injury but unfortunately, there is no room yet for the left-back on the bench.

The match represents another first for the Vipers as they have never played Reading before, who are currently in a lowly 17th place with only 5 wins in 17 games. Despite that, the visitors were certainly on it from the kick off though Driscoll was the first to be tested from a Redknapp69 shot that had to be parried away.

Reading countered as McCleary took on gazzas1uk before dribbling past ebfatz and looked up, checking for movement in the box and delivered a pinpoint cross for an unmarked Aluko to drill past Kowalinho.

The Vipers usually have a habit of bouncing back after conceding first, but astonishingly, Reading doubled their lead after 11 minutes. It was Smith who managed to bring down a loose ball before getting free in the penalty area, firing in a shot that Kowalinho couldn't quite gather cleanly, allowing Aluko to pounce and smash the ball into the net for his 5th goal of the season.

It could well have been 3-0 three minutes later as Baz conceded a corner, allowing McArthur to deliver a ball that saw McCleary beat Baz in the area but powered his header wide.

Reading were then on the back foot as ebfatz met a Redknapp69 cross with a header that Driscoll turned away, allowing a second chance for the Vipers striker but Driscoll got down to smother the ball. Reading hit back right away with Bodvarsson attempting to flight a shot over Kowalinho but sent it over the bar.

The comeback was on in the 24th minute though, with Baz chipping a ball forward to ebfatz who chested it down and fed it right to Redknapp69 who needed no time to think about getting into the area and striking the ball with fury into the net to pull one back!

drkshadow1 then got involved in the 27th, breaking forward and getting into the box before his legs were taken away by Moore. Amazingly, the referee didn't give the penalty! A few minutes later, McShane was booked for a foul, allowing Redknapp69 to try his luck from the set piece but the wall blocked his effort. gazzas1uk picked it up but was tackled by Aluko, the ball then bouncing to hornbloweroafc who drove it at goal but Driscoll caught it well.

The ball was sent upfield, Aluko picking it up, working up the left before crossing for a McCleary shot which Kowalinho did well to turn away. The corner from McArthur was powered at goal by Blackett but Kowalinho again got his fingertips to the ball and gazzas1uk cleared it where drkshadow1 brought it down, laying it right to Felix who passed it on to ebfatz but Moore won the ball with a tackle.

Baz then gave away a free-kick after upending Smith. Aluko took it but his shot was gathered safely by Kowalinho who then sent a 35 yard ball to Redknapp69. He set up ebfatz for a shot but Driscoll let the ball run free, the rebound fell to Felix and he struck the ball with fury and levelled the game!

That's what the Vipers are all about, never throwing in the towel despite falling two goals behind early on. The goal was a timely one and hands them the momentum going into the second half.

The Gaffer had concerns over GFRay and Felix but could only take off the latter 11 minutes later, sending ZanSnake on, not long after gazzas1uk had fired a shot wide whilst Redknapp69 again had a free-kick blocked by the wall after ebfatz had been tripped by Blackett.

ZanSnake got involved immediately, crossing from a BobMem pass which was met at the other end by a Baz volley but his effort went wide. Aluko then tried for a hat-trick with a left footed effort himself but Kowalinho held it well.

drkshadow1 did well to jink past moore after ebfatz had played the ball into the area but his effort went clean over the bar. It spelled the end of the game for the winger as London35 was introduced in the 66th minute.

Redknapp69 was denied with a shot that Driscoll turned behind, with ZanSnake's corner met with a header from London35 who beat Barrow but headed over. ebfatz then saw a left footed shot go wide before Reading got away with another penalty shout after McArthur clattered hornbloweroafc in the area. Redknapp69 had taken the ball as play went on but put his shot horribly wide.

He made amends when taking on and getting past Barrow but Driscoll again parried his shot for a corner. Moore beat Redknapp69 in the area but conceded it again. ZanSnake's delivery was then met by ebfatz's shot but it went high into the stands.

Now into the 83rd minute, Reading made a double change with Smith and Bodvarsson replaced by House and Clement. But the Vipers were still in the ascendancy, another corner going their way when Driscoll turned behind ebfatz's shot. The corner was headed away by a Reading player, but GFRay picked it back up, exchanging passes with Redknapp69 before hitting it to hornbloweroafc in the area. Moore headed it away and London35 picked it up, shot hard and low and scored!

The goal had come in the 89th minute and had finally put the Vipers ahead. Reading responded with a quick change, Howe replacing McShane and from the kick off, Clement played a 25 yard ball forward which Green picked up in the middle of the park, crossing into the area in front of Aluko who latched on to it, advanced on the goalkeeper and scored to pull level with the last kick of the game.

30. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    *glad to see his mate McCleary
    *still unbeaten
    *feels MIKBARCELONA is a negative influence on the team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bevchenko For This Useful Post:

GFRay is offline 0102Bet Mod
    Network Games Mod
    Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    Most Mod Titles
    vCash
    What a tough draw to take with that final minute equalizer from Reading...

We were the much better side, but Aluko's class pulled Reading through and got them an undeserved point.

Personally I'm satisfied with my performance, but how the feck can gazza have an 8 when his direct opponent scored 3 goals?
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!
    Want to have your tactic tested to see where it ranks? Check out the Revamped Tactics League!
    Current games: Ultimate Managers League, Road To Glory and International Managers Competition
    Current stories: From Misfits To Champions: An Interactive Story, The Coventry Comeback and The Great Comeback: A Dutch Football Story

34. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Weird game

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Kowalinho For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Unlucky lads but at least its another point to the Premiership

38. The Following User Says Thank You to hornbloweroafc For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Unlucky lads...still, it's a point.

Well played again Baz...another 8, going to be difficult to shift you at the moment.

#LBU

40. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    What scenes, essentially 2 points dropped against a lowly team.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to dl8860 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Should have done better against them!

Defence had an unusual off day and I was poor throughout. Good to see London come on to get a goal though. We are contributing from the wide areas alot more now. If Sone was not as clinical today we may have got something from the game.

44. The Following User Says Thank You to drkshadow1 For This Useful Post:

AJ is online now Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Leaky at the back, awesome in midfield, kinda shy upfront. Shouldve won.

View from the bench was nice though. Might get a season ticket next year, seeing as I'm more of a supporter nowadays anyway.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    "The Gaffer had concerns over GFRay and Felix" after I scored this important goal? Need to score more to convince him of my greatness it seems!

Important to keep the 0 losses, anything but a top 2 position at the end of the season is a disappointment now!

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Felix For This Useful Post:

vCash
    #2 points lost
    #park the bus

good ratings from most of u guys, unlucky drkshadow an off game

50. The Following User Says Thank You to evesham For This Useful Post: