Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: March 2018 Data Update Technical Queries

Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

March 2018 Data Update Technical Queries

Please keep all TECHNICAL issues to this thread and any DATA issues to this thread (and vice versa)

Read this thread 1st, then ask a question ----> Installation Guide

Post any Tapani patch queries in this thread ----> Tapani 2.21.1 Patch

Post and patch queries relating to saturn's patch in this thread ---> http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9542

Anything patch related or not related to the data update will be moved to the appropriate thread

Please keep any general Data queries like players, staff, teams, finances etc to this thread ----> March 2018 Data Update Feedback or the Scouting Forum

Whenever I click on the DL-link, I get a blank browserpage, but no downloading starts... is there something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    Whenever I click on the DL-link, I get a blank browserpage, but no downloading starts... is there something wrong?
    Here is the direct link - https://www.sendspace.com/file/dte1dl

Use a different browser like IE, Chrome etc if you are having issues

When you click the blue box "download" a new screen blank may pop up but the download happens from the sendspace screen so click download again

I've just done that successfully

- - - Updated - - -

Fantastic effort as always update team and scouts
    Last edited by Redknapp69; 01-04-18 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Here is the direct link - https://www.sendspace.com/file/dte1dl

Use a different browser like OE, Chrome etc if you re having issues

When you click the blue box "download" a new screen blank may pop up but the download happens from the sendspace screen so click download again

I;ve just done that successfully

- - - Updated - - -

Fantastic effort as always update team and scouts
    Thank you so much! The thing is I am using Chrome here, so I don't know what happened. Anyhow, thanks to you I can update my game and resign as manage of Poland and start off on a new adventure. Cheers!

Hi, I am struggling with loading the game after updating - Cannot find all divisions and competitions? I have updated regularly previously and not had this issue before - any ideas (apologies if this is not in the correct thread) thanks to all involved in keeping the game alive.

Quote Originally Posted by andykirk81 View Post
    Hi, I am struggling with loading the game after updating - Cannot find all divisions and competitions? I have updated regularly previously and not had this issue before - any ideas (apologies if this is not in the correct thread) thanks to all involved in keeping the game alive.
    Too less info to give some valuable advice. Best thing might be to remove the game, uninstall all and take all the steps once more.

Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

Quote Originally Posted by andykirk81 View Post
    You've already got saturn patch installed, this data update doesn't work with it

Alright chaps,

Thanks again for another update,

I'm not the most computer savvy, but have been using these data updates for ages and have never had a problem (which I couldn't sort myself). However, with this one, I can't get past the first day (14 July) for some reason. As soon as I press continue game, my computer tells me that 'Microsoft has encountered a problem and needs to close the program'.

Any ideas? Apologies if it's something really trivial! (Or I've posted in the wrong section)

Cheers,

Done point 3 here? - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3863

What leagues have you got loaded?

Using any patches?

What start year?

hi y'all

i have a question
    i installed the original game and the official SI patch

now how do i proceed?
    do i install directly the March 2018 data update or do i have to install a patch first like Tapani's 2.21 or Saturn's +v4?

Saturn V4 wont work with this

Hes working in new patch but release is TBC

Apply Data Update then you are good to go

You may be ok using Tapani 2.21.1 but I am not 100% sure in that

so i do have to apply a patch before the update

ok i can wait for Saturn's new patch

Thanks!

My game froze last night about 6 games in after the new update. Anybody experience the same?

Quote Originally Posted by whiter83 View Post
    My game froze last night about 6 games in after the new update. Anybody experience the same?
    Any Tapani/Saturn Patch?
    What Year?
    What leagues?
    Able to holiday past the crash date?

etc etc

Thanks for the reply, Redknapp...

Yeah, point 3 done, and have the original SI games patch.

When starting a new game (and similarly when I try to reload a saved game), an error message also pops up saying, 'v3.9.60 index..cpp 5773', if that means anything.

Sounds like you haven't updated to 3.9.68 if I'm reading the following thread correctly https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...x..cpp+5773%27

the 3-4-3 formation you guys issued, I noticed something with it, when AI managers use it, sometimes it has attacking option and normal option both turned on at the same time.

hi! just installed the march update, but it is asking for the CD. how can I fix this? tks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    hi! just installed the march update, but it is asking for the CD. how can I fix this? tks!
    Re-mount the ISO if you are playing without disc

did it, but still asking for the CD!!

When you restart the computer the iso (this is the file the game is on) is dismounted by the software (which essentially mimics ejecting a physical cd). You only need to find cm0102.iso (or a shortcut to the file), right click and select Mount. It will prompt to install the game again but this is the default option the software on the iso (disc) so you can just ignore or cancel this prompt. Once the iso is mounted again you can play the game as if there was a physical cd in there.

The other option is to burn the iso file to a cd and leave the cd in the physical cd drive.

tks a lot, it is done now!!!

Hi, i made the download and, as usually, copied new files but during creation of a new game it crushes everytime. Do i need to install original patches? I installed the game before copy new DB. Thanks for reply.

Running as admin?

Any particular error?

Quote Originally Posted by maurogerrard View Post
    Hi, i made the download and, as usually, copied new files but during creation of a new game it crushes everytime. Do i need to install original patches? I installed the game before copy new DB. Thanks for reply.
    Have you installed the 3.9.68 patch?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast