Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Managers League - Rebooted!

GFRay is offline 0102Bet Mod
    Member of the Month
    Network Games Mod
    Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    Most Mod Titles
    vCash

Ultimate Managers League - Rebooted!

Alright I've come up with a new format that will hopefully steer this thing away from being a DTL clone (although I will keep some elements of it) and I hope you're interested.

The Format
    Each manager will have a team created in the lowest playable league in England. The goal is simple: guide your team through the lower leagues of English football to as much success as possible. The end of this will be reached when one of the managers wins the Champions League with his team and thus becomes the Ultimate Manager.

You will get 26 randomly generated youngsters (2 for each position and 1 extra GK, defender, midfielder and forward) with a set CA/PA value matching the division you're starting in (this is the same concept as in my Almere Boys story)

Every week you will provide a tactic + lineup to me for one month ingame. The tactic needs to be non wibwob, has to have at least 3 players in the backline and wide players somewhere on the pitch (this is how it was in the UML) I will set your tactic + lineup and will holiday one month ingame every two weeks (this is the same as in DTL although longer deadline).

Your players will score points for all sorts of things: first team apps, sub ins, goals, assists, etc. which can be used to upgrade you players attributes, CA/PA, reputation and whatever can be edited in a save game editor ((same as in the 'Road to Glory'). The points will not be gathered per player, but as a total 'points pool' that you can spend on any player. So you can spend all the points gathered on one player or on several, that's up to you. Also you can spend points each month, but saving them up and spending them in 1 go is also allowed. If you want to spend points, you'll need to submit that before the same deadline as the tactic/lineup deadline.

Each club will have the same starting stadium size which can be increased during the game with points gathered. We'll be using the ingame finances to handle the transfers stated below so you'll need to keep investing in your club as well to stay competitive.

In the summer transfer window you will be allowed to haggle for eachothers players and there will be one special auction where you can acquire up to three players from other CPU clubs using the ingame finances of your clubs. These players will be of the level of your current teams so don't expect world class players in the lowest leagues.

The save game will carry on into the next seasons which is a major difference than existing/previous formats where each season gets restarted freshly. This will mean that you can develop your players fully to their potential.

There will be room for max. 15 managers as I need one slot open to make CPU transfers (the game allows max. 16 managers to be added). I want to give the managers who participated in the first season of the UML a guaranteed slot if they're interested so they will be allowed to sign up first. After that this will be open for anyone who's interested (requirements are listed below) and we'll fill up the spots first come, first serve.

Requirements
    To particpate in this you'll need to use the GK save game editor to see the values of the attributes of your players. I'm not going to make screenshots of every player of your team for each month (I'm crazy, but not THAT crazy! ). You can download that editor here: https://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=16. I'll make a YouTube tutorial on how to use it.

Also you need to be commited. This will be a game for the long term so if you can't commit, don't do it. I will simulate a month ingame every TWO weeks so you'll have two weeks to do your point spending and tactics/lineups. I do this on purpose to not put that much pressure on everyone as there can be moments where you don't have the time. Also we'll put this on hold during vacation periods so don't worry going on a vacation and missing out.

That's it for now. Mark, Redknapp69, Erkifino, evesham, AJ and London35 have a guaranteed spot if they want as they wanted to stay in the UML after the first season. Let me know down below if you're interested and/or if you have any questions. I'll provide a form to fill in for setting up the teams after the registration has been handled and we've got enough people to get this thing going!

Cheers!

Confirmed Managers
    - GFRay (Yes I will particpate myself this time)
    - AJ
    - evesham
    - Erkifino
    - Redknapp69
    - drkshadow1
    - JayFlo
    - trunky
    - Pickpocket
    - CMCZ

Waiting list
    - dweatherston11
    Last edited by GFRay; 05-05-18 at 03:16 PM.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!
    Want to have your tactic tested to see where it ranks? Join the Revamped Tactics League!
    Current games: Ultimate Managers League, Road To Glory and World Cup Game
    Current stories: From Misfits To Champions: An Interactive Story, The Coventry Comeback and The Great Comeback: A Dutch Football Story

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

AJ is offline Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Sounds like quite the ordeal, but I'm in!

Do we get to choose what team we get, or do we get to name our own team?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

Member of the Month
    Network Games Mod
    Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    Most Mod Titles
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    Sounds like quite the ordeal, but I'm in!

Do we get to choose what team we get, or do we get to name our own team?
    That's why I give everyone two weeks time to do their submissions rather than the usual one week so you don't have to rush anything. If two weeks moves to slow forward we can always go to one week.

I'll create a team that you get to name and add that one in the lowest playable league instead of an existing one. I'll post up a form with info I need for that when we've got enough managers!
    Want to have your tactic tested to see where it ranks? Join the Revamped Tactics League!
    Current stories: From Misfits To Champions: An Interactive Story, The Coventry Comeback and The Great Comeback: A Dutch Football Story

vCash
    Hmm, not too sure whether I'll get involved in this. Just sounds like a lot to keep track of on top of the other stuff I've also signed up for. Sure you'll fill the places out though

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    In like Flynn!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Erkifino For This Useful Post:

Member of the Month
    Network Games Mod
    Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    Most Mod Titles
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Hmm, not too sure whether I'll get involved in this. Just sounds like a lot to keep track of on top of the other stuff I've also signed up for. Sure you'll fill the places out though
    I'll save a spot for you for when you've figured it out.

vCash
    sounds good to me, I'm in

12. The Following User Says Thank You to evesham For This Useful Post:

Redknapp69 is online now Soccer Manager - Division 1 Title/Cup
    Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Sounds like you have taken my idea and rolled with it

I'm in!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

Member of the Month
    Network Games Mod
    Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    Most Mod Titles
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Sounds like you have taken my idea and rolled with it

I'm in!
    Jup it was a good idea. I've mixed it with some of my own thoughts and came up with this!

Perhaps I should've credited you?

vCash
    yes im in!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Count me in! As they are made up players can we name them as well?! Happy to do this myself if you send me the save file

Are we all starting in the same division? I like the fact we’ll progress in-game as opposed to restarting each season! Though it will be long running - will take approximately half a year in real life per season; that doesn’t bother me though

Look forward to it. With the Road to Glory, Vipers and the Scout Story I’m going to have to take on ChampMan as a part time job!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to JayFlo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    This.
    I'm one of those who can't guarantee my commitment what with other stuff (hence my drop down the divisions in DTL) so I'll miss out but wish the best of luck. Sounds like a good one.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

AJ is offline Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Naming our own players sounds cool!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

Member of the Month
    Network Games Mod
    Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    Most Mod Titles
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JayFlo View Post
    Count me in! As they are made up players can we name them as well?! Happy to do this myself if you send me the save file

Are we all starting in the same division? I like the fact we’ll progress in-game as opposed to restarting each season! Though it will be long running - will take approximately half a year in real life per season; that doesn’t bother me though

Look forward to it. With the Road to Glory, Vipers and the Scout Story I’m going to have to take on ChampMan as a part time job!
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    Naming our own players sounds cool!
    If that's what you want than by all means go ahead.

And yes Jay, you will all start in the lowest playable league in England.

vCash
    Yeah! I wanna name them! Let me know if to send you the names or you send me the save a team name and 26 players. I am excited.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JayFlo For This Useful Post:

Member of the Month
    Network Games Mod
    Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    Most Mod Titles
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JayFlo View Post
    Yeah! I wanna name them! Let me know if to send you the names or you send me the save a team name and 26 players. I am excited.
    Once we've filled out all the manager slots I'll post up a form for what I need from your team/players!

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    Once we've filled out all the manager slots I'll post up a form for what I need from your team/players!
    I’m going all in. Names & nationalities. Team name & team colours.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JayFlo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hmmm...

Hmmm...

Hmmm...

This is without a doubt an excellent format Raymundo. I would be in like a man's name beginning with F if you had stuck to vanilla formations rather than letting people mangle their own...but hey...

let's give it a go and see what happens!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

Member of the Month
    Network Games Mod
    Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    Most Mod Titles
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trunky View Post
    Hmmm...

Hmmm...

Hmmm...

This is without a doubt an excellent format Raymundo. I would be in like a man's name beginning with F if you had stuck to vanilla formations rather than letting people mangle their own...but hey...

let's give it a go and see what happens!
    So does that mean you're in?

Sticking to Vanilla formations would copy the DTL and that's something I want to stray away from to keep things fresh.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Excited.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to JayFlo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    So does that mean you're in?

Sticking to Vanilla formations would copy the DTL and that's something I want to stray away from to keep things fresh.
    Yes damn you, yes.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

Member of the Month
    Network Games Mod
    Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    Most Mod Titles
    vCash
    I will hold out until tomorrow for new participants, but those of you who already agreed to join will have to fill out the form below to create your team (and players if you wish to do so).

Club requirements

- Club name:
    - City (must be in England):
    - Stadium name:
    - Rival clubs (max 3):
    - Foreground color 1:
    - Foreground color 2:
    - Foreground color 3:
    - Backgroud color 1:
    - Backgroud color 2:
    - Backgroud color 3:
    - Chairman name:

Each squad will consist of the following 26 players:

- 3x GK
    - 2x D/DM R
    - 2x D/DM L
    - 2x D RC
    - 2x D LC
    - 1x D RLC
    - 1x DM RC
    - 1x DM LC
    - 1x M RC
    - 1x M LC
    - 1x AM RC
    - 1x AM LC
    - 1x M R
    - 1x AM R
    - 1x M L
    - 1x AM L
    - 1x F LC
    - 1x F RC
    - 2x S C

For those of you who want to name their own players please fill out the form below for each of the above positions. If you don't fill this out you'll get randomly created players.

Player requirements

- First name:
    - Second name:
    - Date of birth (day and month only):

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I will hold out until tomorrow for new participants, but those of you who already agreed to join will have to fill out the form below to create your team (and players if you wish to do so).

Club requirements

- Club name: Troublegum FC
    - City (must be in England): London
    - Stadium name: The Dale Winton
    - Rival clubs (max 3): Chelsea, Arsenal , Spurs
    - Foreground color 1: gold
    - Foreground color 2: gold
    - Foreground color 3: gold
    - Backgroud color 1: purple
    - Backgroud color 2: black
    - Backgroud color 3: green
    - Chairman name: Michael Jackson

- 3x GK Joey Ramone, Fats Domino, Chuck Berry
    - 2x D/DM R Johnny Cash, Marvin Gaye
    - 2x D/DM L Cliff Burton, Dimebag Darrell
    - 2x D RC Rory Gallagher, Jim Morrison
    - 2x D LC Lemmy Kilmister, Elvis Presley
    - 1x D RLC Tom Petty
    - 1x DM RC The Artist formally known as Prince
    - 1x DM LC Keith Moon
    - 1x M RC John Bonham
    - 1x M LC Scott Weiland
    - 1x AM RC Malcolm Young
    - 1x AM LC Jimi Hendrix
    - 1x M R Chris Cornell
    - 1x AM R Layne Staley
    - 1x M L Leonard Cohen
    - 1x AM L Kurt Cobain
    - 1x F LC David Bowie
    - 1x F RC Phil Lynott
    - 2x S C. Gary Goals, Gary Moore

For those of you who want to name their own players please fill out the form below for each of the above positions. If you don't fill this out you'll get randomly created players.

Player requirements

- First name:
    - Second name:
    - Date of birth (day and month only):
    Date of birth : January 1st across the board.
    Last edited by Erkifino; 19-04-18 at 11:49 PM.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erkifino For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Club requirements

- Club name: PES United
    - City (must be in England): Southampton
    - Stadium name: The Clubhouse
    - Rival clubs (max 3):
    - Foreground color 1: Dark Red
    - Foreground color 2: Dark Blue
    - Foreground color 3: White
    - Backgroud color 1: White
    - Backgroud color 2: Yellow
    - Backgroud color 3: Dark Red
    - Chairman name: Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka

- 3x GK: Ivarov, Zamenhof, Lothar
    - 2x D/DM R: Giersen, El Moubarki
    - 2x D/DM L: Ruskin, Eddington
    - 2x D RC: Valeny, Ceciu
    - 2x D LC: Libermann, Stremer
    - 1x D RLC: Jaric
    - 1x DM RC: Dodo
    - 1x DM LC: Iouga
    - 1x M RC: Stein
    - 1x M LC: Van Den Berg
    - 1x AM RC: Shimizu
    - 1x AM LC: Minanda
    - 1x M R: Espimas
    - 1x AM R: Macco
    - 1x M L: Ximelez
    - 1x AM L: Burchet
    - 1x F LC: Castolo
    - 1x F RC: Huylens
    - 2x S C: Hamsun, Ordaz

Date of Birth: 01/08 for all of them

*Could they all have just the one name as listed please I think this can be done by just setting 'Common name' like Ronaldinho and all the other one named South American players.
    ** If you are doing nationalities, let me know and I'll edit this post to include, or the savegame if you prefer.

44. The Following User Says Thank You to JayFlo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Sign me up if there's still space

46. The Following User Says Thank You to Pickpocket For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast