Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 372

Thread: Patch +v5

  1. #251
    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    20,823
    vCash
    8906
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Every time i try loading the game i dont get any where just comes up with:

    "UNABLE TO INITIALISE THE GRAPHICS IN FULL SCREEN MODE - PLEASE ENSURE THAT DIRECTX HAS BEEN INSTALLED CORRECTLY AND THAT YOUR GRAPHICS ADAPTER SUPPORT 800-600 PIXEL RESOLUTION IN 16 BIT COLOUR"

    Checked compatibility mode, checked direct x, everything fine Saturn 4 worked fined but now this pops up with saturn 5. All help very much appreciated.

    Follow this
    https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...371#post381371
    Thanks

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:


  3. #252
    Join Date
    22-04-12
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    24
    vCash
    700
    Ok got the game working, using .exe file no. 7 however my TV money is 42M instead of the 84M i see in the update and Burnley receiving Anyone got any ideas?.

  4. #253
    Dermotron's Avatar
    Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    Member of the Month
    VIP
    Captain
    Join Date
    15-12-11
    Location
    Your Mother
    Posts
    29,891
    vCash
    466666
    Use the X2 in Game Settings > Currency

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:


  6. #254
    Join Date
    22-04-12
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    24
    vCash
    700
    DOH....... i read that and then completely forgot it. lol

  7. #255
    Join Date
    30-01-13
    Posts
    164
    vCash
    500
    Just ran into something strange.

    Mourinho at Man Utd playing with Lukaku at CDM and Phil Jones as a right winger?
    I clicked their formation and it said "451_norway*" for the tactics he was using

    Also, in the same match the referee moved the play back "20,000 yards" hehe :]

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mohsin For This Useful Post:


  9. #256
    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    142
    vCash
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohsin View Post
    Just ran into something strange.

    Mourinho at Man Utd playing with Lukaku at CDM and Phil Jones as a right winger?
    I clicked their formation and it said "451_norway*" for the tactics he was using

    Also, in the same match the referee moved the play back "20,000 yards" hehe :]
    4-5-1 is a strange tactic indeed. Egil Olsen (former Norway national coach) who used this tactic, was well known for putting
    players in positions they normally didn`t play. Ronny Johnsen (former ManU defender) was originally a domestic striker before Olsen called him up for national
    duty. Called him up as a central defender. Also Jostein Flo, a 2 meter tall and slow striker, played as right winger.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Vikingfk For This Useful Post:


  11. #257
    Join Date
    22-08-18
    Posts
    58
    vCash
    200
    If you use one of these patches are you automatically playing against harder AI team formations, or are they still the original default ones?

  12. #258
    Join Date
    11-03-12
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,572
    vCash
    11124
    Quote Originally Posted by Effiong unmarked! View Post
    If you use one of these patches are you automatically playing against harder AI team formations, or are they still the original default ones?
    The harder AI patches are a seperate download and are not part of these patches.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:


  14. #259
    Join Date
    22-08-18
    Posts
    58
    vCash
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    The harder AI patches are a seperate download and are not part of these patches.
    Thank you for the reply.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Effiong unmarked! For This Useful Post:


  16. #260
    Join Date
    13-09-18
    Posts
    7
    vCash
    500
    Hello is what you need an exe to start the game in 2017 or 2018? If yes can you send me an exe please thank you

  17. #261
    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    20,823
    vCash
    8906
    Quote Originally Posted by robby94 View Post
    Hello is what you need an exe to start the game in 2017 or 2018? If yes can you send me an exe please thank you
    All .exe on 3rd post of this thread

  18. #262
    Join Date
    01-11-12
    Posts
    2
    vCash
    500
    Hey!
    Thanks for your valuable service for us but i need favour. Although i tried all of methods to remove squad restriction for Turkey league (including Olly), i cannot find any solution.

    When i tried to solve it with olly, i could not find the offset that you have given 009021AB.

    Could you please tell me how to remove it or could you please do it for me?

    Thanks in advance.

  19. #263
    Join Date
    24-12-12
    Posts
    25
    vCash
    500
    First of all sorry for my bad english. I have a simple question. Is this patch work for an old update? Lets just say for 04-05 update?

  20. #264
    Join Date
    31-10-11
    Posts
    26,115
    vCash
    55
    Unfortunately not, saturn has to develop the data files to match each patch that's released so it's only compatible with the March 2018 Data Update.

  21. #265
    Join Date
    24-12-12
    Posts
    25
    vCash
    500
    Thanks Mark. I remember that when I used tapani patch for the odb updates editor didnt work. Is this the same way?

  22. #266
    Join Date
    31-10-11
    Posts
    26,115
    vCash
    55
    You can use the editor but got to be careful about the changes you make.

  23. #267
    Join Date
    30-01-13
    Posts
    164
    vCash
    500
    A weird thing happened in new save, second season. Went on holiday as Arsenal manager, in the second season I returned. Manager was fired. Pep Guardiola took over as Arsenal manager, but is still manager of Man City at the same time, he never left. So managing 2 clubs at the same time.

  24. #268
    Join Date
    18-03-14
    Posts
    942
    vCash
    7700
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruzione13 View Post
    I can't download tapani 2.22....With 2.21 game just crash
    I've added a new link for 2.22 (zipped this time), hopefully that should work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravanelli View Post
    Saturn, was thinking about the next patch: UEFA rules have changed, players in CL and Europa League are no longer cup-tied. So even if a player switches clubs in January (e.g. Pogba goes to Juve), he can play for them in CL in the second half of the season, even if he has had matches with Man Utd in the first half of the season. Do you know the offsets to remove that? Think it's gonna be important, clubs will now also spend big in January.
    Might be doable. I think I've found the cup-tied function at 008E8A60, but registering players for a European squad would still be an issue (the 'Ine' flag beside their name).

    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    Question for saturn and others:

    Do you also find that you get more red cards on the v5 patch than on other patches?

    I find there is a significant increase in 'random' red cards than in the previous patches. With a 'random' red card I mean red cards given for seemingly normal fouls that would at max deserve a yellow. I'm not talking about the lunging, reckless, two footed challenges.

    It feels like red cards are much more abundant in this latest patch and I'm not the only one to notice it. All my mates that I play online games with have noticed it as well since it hits us all much more than previous saves on the v4.

    Did you change anything saturn that could have caused this?
    Seems to be a lot of talk about discipline, so I'll just respond here rather than multi-quoting lots of different posts about it. I didn't change anything to deliberately increase the amount of yellow/red cards anyway, though that isn't to say a change I made didn't have an adverse effect on the numbers. The only change I made to suspensions involved obscene gestures, where I changed how soon they came into effect (14 days --> 1 day) and their description (Use of an illegal substance --> Misconduct). Both were very small (one byte) changes so I doubt they affected anything other than what was intended, but who knows.

    Is it 100% a patch issue, ie could it be the data? Kope22 says a lot of refs have 15-20 for discipline, so perhaps this could be the issue. Has anyone tried multiple games on the unpatched data (probably the wrong thread to ask this in!)? It might also explain why SteveV didn't experience much reds in Argentina (blank data for refs?) or why I have never really ran into it (I usually play in the lower leagues).

    It's good that the issue was raised anyway, I appreciate all the posts and feedback about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by seco23 View Post
    Hey!
    Thanks for your valuable service for us but i need favour. Although i tried all of methods to remove squad restriction for Turkey league (including Olly), i cannot find any solution.

    When i tried to solve it with olly, i could not find the offset that you have given 009021AB.

    Could you please tell me how to remove it or could you please do it for me?

    Thanks in advance.
    Try looking for a thread on player restrictions, there are some more detailed posts about Turkey in there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mohsin View Post
    A weird thing happened in new save, second season. Went on holiday as Arsenal manager, in the second season I returned. Manager was fired. Pep Guardiola took over as Arsenal manager, but is still manager of Man City at the same time, he never left. So managing 2 clubs at the same time.
    I have seen this before with staff, but rarely and usually much further into the game. I'm not sure what the issue is, nor how to fix it, but I don't think it's a game crasher.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:


  26. #269
    Join Date
    11-03-12
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,572
    vCash
    11124
    Saturn, I know tapani changed something in one of his patches to slow down development of players. This was to counter the insane positioning increase in regens that would lead to goal draughts in saves that went over +20 seasons or so.

    But I have noticed that players physical attributes hardly increase (almost never actually) while the other attributes do see a rise during play. Is there a logical explanation for this and perhaps even a fix?
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:


  28. #270
    Join Date
    28-10-16
    Posts
    83
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    Saturn, I know tapani changed something in one of his patches to slow down development of players. This was to counter the insane positioning increase in regens that would lead to goal draughts in saves that went over +20 seasons or so.

    But I have noticed that players physical attributes hardly increase (almost never actually) while the other attributes do see a rise during play. Is there a logical explanation for this and perhaps even a fix?
    Following on for what GFray said. Would it even be possible to have a patch with out the development of players reduced as well as a patch where the development of players is reduced so people can decide for themselves if they want to play with these differences from the ODB, as the patches have so many great features and this issue along with the red cards ( i know the increase of red cards is not the patches fault) is the only thing making the game play worse than the ODB for many on the Championship Manager 01-02 facebook group. thank you

  29. #271
    Join Date
    12-03-12
    Posts
    287
    vCash
    1400
    What about the physical stats not increasing, is that a known problem with the patches.

  30. #272
    Join Date
    18-03-14
    Posts
    942
    vCash
    7700
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    Saturn, I know tapani changed something in one of his patches to slow down development of players. This was to counter the insane positioning increase in regens that would lead to goal draughts in saves that went over +20 seasons or so.
    The slowing of players' development wasn't connected to the Positioning (and some other regenerated attributes) bug. Tapani just felt that young players developed too quickly and so slowed the rate of development down. I am on the fence about the change. I think players did develop too quickly in .68, but for human managers it's really the only way to tell whether a player is worth keeping (Scouts' ratings aren't great and Coaches' reports are even worse).

    Tapani also changed the CA that regens returned with. In the next patch I intend to revert this to .68 levels as I think the combined lower CA and slower rate of development are too big an obstacle for regens. So regens will have the same slower rate of development but a shorter journey to their PA.

    If you wish to revert the rate of development to .68 levels then you can change the following in Olly:
    Code:
    005D5882  TEST BYTE PTR DS:[0AE2C90],3 --> 0
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    But I have noticed that players physical attributes hardly increase (almost never actually) while the other attributes do see a rise during play. Is there a logical explanation for this and perhaps even a fix?
    I can't say I've noticed this in my games. I've found in the past that physical attributes improving (or not) is linked to a player's Determination.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kope22 View Post
    Following on for what GFray said. Would it even be possible to have a patch with out the development of players reduced as well as a patch where the development of players is reduced so people can decide for themselves if they want to play with these differences from the ODB, as the patches have so many great features and this issue along with the red cards ( i know the increase of red cards is not the patches fault) is the only thing making the game play worse than the ODB for many on the Championship Manager 01-02 facebook group. thank you
    No, the patch is already is already pretty fractured with the new/old value groupings. Making slow/normal development options would mean splitting them even more, and I'd end up having to create probably ~100+ exes (from ~60 now). If people really want the change they can just change it in Olly with the code above.
    Last edited by saturn; 11-10-18 at 01:12 PM.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:


  32. #273
    Join Date
    10-10-18
    Posts
    1
    vCash
    500
    I don't know if anyone mentioned or experienced before but i have a problem like that i can't change squad status at my 2nd or 3rd offers after the first one rejected. What can i do to get rid of or by-pass that?

  33. #274
    Join Date
    11-03-12
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,572
    vCash
    11124
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    I don't know if anyone mentioned or experienced before but i have a problem like that i can't change squad status at my 2nd or 3rd offers after the first one rejected. What can i do to get rid of or by-pass that?
    That's not just for this patch mate, but for CM in general. Usually you need to cancel the offer and wait 2/3 weeks before you bid again. Then you can offer a new status.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

  34. #275
    Join Date
    11-03-12
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,572
    vCash
    11124
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    If you wish to revert the rate of development to .68 levels then you can change the following in Olly:
    Code:
    005D5882  TEST BYTE PTR DS:[AE2C90],3 --> 0
    I have no idea how to do this, but I'm guessing Olly is a program that allows you to modify the cm0102.exe? And then somewhere in that .exe there is a line of code that needs a value replaced?
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •