Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Patch +v5

saturn is offline Member of the Month
    Programmer
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luisfrjgua View Post
    Brazilian League Series A and B has 20 teams each one and not 28 teams. Don't know if it is possible to do in the game...
    Brazil won't be changed any time soon, the calendar is very tight with the state leagues and continental competitions, and that's with a 27 game season for Serie A. Making it 38 games would be quite a hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Russia ran fine Aug to May. Ditto Ireland ran fine Feb - Nov

Japan had 2 relegation spots from JL2 which is ace. Italy 20 teams, 3 relegated. All good here I'd imagine too.

Not sure what to look for in Brazil. Still the same original structures.
    Thanks for testing. For Japan the Emperor's Cup was rescheduled to avoid clashing with the Club World Cup in December, so that's all I'm worried about there. In Brazil, the Champions Cup was disabled in a manner that required a couple of steps more compared to the way competitions are usually disabled, so I was a small bit concerned about that. Italy has a slightly altered version of gio's method of disabling the playoffs for when teams finish on the same number of points, but I think it should be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by martinho View Post
    Running a game with all leagues. Will let it run for a while and report back. Will also report in club finances like i did for the V5 release.
    I think the finances should be okay, or at least the same as they were in v5. The Spanish Segunda División will still be broke, as will Italy's Serie B, but these are longstanding issues and when compared to real life, pretty realistic ones.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Copa do Brasil history contains a duplicate entry for 2017, one should be removed.
    Copa Sudamericana history is missing the 2017 entry, should be Independiente,Flamengo
    Copa Libertadores history is missing the 2017 entry, should be Grêmio,Lanús
    Recopa Sudamericana history is missing the 2018 entry, should be Grêmio,Independiente
    Club World Cup is missing the 2017 entry, should be Real Madrid,Grêmio

Maybe in next updates/patches we can add a column for third place in club world cup if thats possible and easy?
    Thanks, those missing histories might have been eaten up by the Gold Cup/Asian Games errors. Some of the Euros and African Nation histories got deleted too, but I'm hopeful it was only the national teams' competitions that got messed up here.

Regarding adding columns for competition histories, I remember searching for something similar a long time ago and seeing that it wasn't an easy thing to add. Probably too late for v6 but I'll keep it in mind.

-

I've a save running from last night that's reached 2029 with no errors (all leagues selected). A few other issues I'm aware about:
    *Confederations Cup's host needs to be changed from Russia to Qatar I guess (though Portugal & Spain always get the 2022 World Cup). I still need to have a look at the hosts for all the international competitions really.
    *Republic Of Ireland still behaves like a winter league in places (contracts are negotiated to end in June instead of December).
    *Russia still behaves like a summer league in places (contracts are negotiated to end in December instead of June).

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hi saturn! The Argentina premier league currently has 26 teams and the second division "first b national" has 25 teams in a single group. Could this modality be added?

vCash
    Normally don't have a problem with Saturn's patches but this time when I try to start a new game about a million error messages pop up saying everything (competitions etc) can't be find. Then it freezes half way through stating the game.

Anyone have an idea what I've done wrong?

vCash
    Testing with 6 leagues and database to the maximum

Argentina
    Brazil
    England
    France
    Italy
    Spain

Every thing is OK

- Recopa sudamerica 2018
    Independent vs. Gremio

Date: February 2018

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogroleum View Post
    Normally don't have a problem with Saturn's patches but this time when I try to start a new game about a million error messages pop up saying everything (competitions etc) can't be find. Then it freezes half way through stating the game.

Anyone have an idea what I've done wrong?
    Delete the existing Data folder and cm0102.exe. Copy saturn's to your Championship Manager 01-02 folder. The cm0102.exe is in the wrong folder

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xeno View Post
    Whose game stopped , you need to change exe's compatibility mod to WinXP and try again. It works.
    I really appreciate your reply Xeno thank you

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mallon1981 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I'm in the year 2021

And many players with 32 or 33 years old already retire. Very young

vCash
    In order to display my enthusiasm for the upcoming new patch and to appreciate the efforts of Saturn, i would like to share a poem ))

Saturn is the king of the patches for updates
    Already he is important for all of us like Bill Gates
    To enjoy the game he does whatever it takes
    Updates are fantastic with the patches he makes
    Ready to play the new patch across lands, oceans, lakes
    New patch is awaited, do not waste time with other fakes

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nexima For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Saturn

In the phases of hand-to-hand elimination of Copa Libertadores, the goal of the visitor is valid. Except the final

In the Argentine league it is extended to 5 foreign players.

In the game it only leaves 4 foreign players

Could that be modified?

Thank you
    Last edited by Rodry97; 02-11-18 at 04:07 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rodry97 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I noticed a lot of staff retiring. Don't known if is a patch thing.
    Also, Michael Essien have a retirement set, if you want to remove

Programmer
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by juanpsno View Post
    Hi saturn! The Argentina premier league currently has 26 teams and the second division "first b national" has 25 teams in a single group. Could this modality be added?
    I only try and restructure leagues that have had the same number of teams over the past few years. Argentina seems to change its number of teams every season, so it's too much work for something that'll be outdated soon again. Once they settle on a consistent number IRL, then perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodry97 View Post
    Testing with 6 leagues and database to the maximum

Argentina
    Brazil
    England
    France
    Italy
    Spain

Every thing is OK

- Recopa sudamerica 2018
    Independent vs. Gremio

Date: February 2018
    Thanks. Don't want to move the Recopa at this late stage, but I did update the histories so that the 2018 version in-game will be between Independiente & Gremio.

I'm in the year 2021

And many players with 32 or 33 years old already retire. Very young
    Not sure what's the cause of that, nothing retirement related has been touched. Might be a Data issue, not sure what exactly causes a player to retire.

Quote Originally Posted by nexima View Post
    In order to display my enthusiasm for the upcoming new patch and to appreciate the efforts of Saturn, i would like to share a poem ))

Saturn is the king of the patches for updates
    Already he is important for all of us like Bill Gates
    To enjoy the game he does whatever it takes
    Updates are fantastic with the patches he makes
    Ready to play the new patch across lands, oceans, lakes
    New patch is awaited, do not waste time with other fakes
    I expect a poem with every exe request in the v6 thread.

Saturn

In the phases of hand-to-hand elimination of Copa Libertadores, the goal of the visitor is valid. Except the final

In the Argentine league it is extended to 5 foreign players.

In the game it only leaves 4 foreign players

Could that be modified?

Thank you
    Added.

Quote Originally Posted by bruebous View Post
    I noticed a lot of staff retiring. Don't known if is a patch thing.
    Also, Michael Essien have a retirement set, if you want to remove
    Yea it's a patch thing, explained a bit here. No solution as yet. Essien's retirement line will be removed from the player_setup.cfg file for the patch, as will David Villa's and a few others.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thank you Saturn for answering and making the game as realistic as possible

I added some more rules, hopefully you can modify

-In the hands of the South American Cup is also worth the visitor's goal. except in the final. Identical to copa libertadores

-In 2019 the copa libertadores will be defined as a single match in neutral court. Similar to the champions leage

-The fixture of both glasses is from February to November. Prior to the club world cup

- Loans in the Argentine league can only be made during the transfer period.

-In Argentina there is one more cup. It's the Argentinian supercopa. It is played between the winner of the league and the winner of the Argentine Cup. Single match in neutral court. It is played generally in March of the following year.

Again, thanks for doing the best for the CM

Programmer
    VIP
    vCash
    Thank you Saturn for answering and making the game as realistic as possible

I added some more rules, hopefully you can modify

-In the hands of the South American Cup is also worth the visitor's goal. except in the final. Identical to copa libertadores

-In 2019 the copa libertadores will be defined as a single match in neutral court. Similar to the champions leage

-The fixture of both glasses is from February to November. Prior to the club world cup

- Loans in the Argentine league can only be made during the transfer period.

-In Argentina there is one more cup. It's the Argentinian supercopa. It is played between the winner of the league and the winner of the Argentine Cup. Single match in neutral court. It is played generally in March of the following year.

Again, thanks for doing the best for the CM
    Unfortunately all the above came too late for +v6, but will be the first few changes I'll make for +v7 (the fun never stops).

Thanks to all those who provided feedback, the +v6 thread is here.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

Programmer
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    Saturn, on this v5 patch you've introduced that you can't bid on or offer contracts to loaned players.

Is there a simple way to reverse this change in Olly? Or is it too complicated?

Cheers!
    NOP the following two lines in Olly:
    0050DED4 JNZ 00872C11
    0050DEF4 JNZ 00872918

Human managers can now buy players who are out on loan, and offer them Bosman contracts where available.

I agree with your sentiments GFRay when it comes to making the game as you want it, after all it is just a game and we all enjoy it in different ways. That's why I always release the .patches with every release, which with Nick+Co's excellent new patcher should allow people to personalise their own exes to their own desire. And of course people are free to ask about certain patches like this where it's not obvious how to change things.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thank you very much for the patch! Can I ask you something? It's possible to reduce the teams in Brazilian Leagues A and B from 28 to 20 teams? And let the League in "running points" only? That is, who has more points wins the league? Like it is nowadays?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    NOP the following two lines in Olly:
    0050DED4 JNZ 00872C11
    0050DEF4 JNZ 00872918

Human managers can now buy players who are out on loan, and offer them Bosman contracts where available.

I agree with your sentiments GFRay when it comes to making the game as you want it, after all it is just a game and we all enjoy it in different ways. That's why I always release the .patches with every release, which with Nick+Co's excellent new patcher should allow people to personalise their own exes to their own desire. And of course people are free to ask about certain patches like this where it's not obvious how to change things.
    Cheers mate! Two things though.

1. I only have the option 'Approach to buy', but not the option 'Approach to sign' after changing the above two lines. Players are with 6 months of end of contract (see screenie in spoiler)
    Spoiler!

2. Is there a way that you CAN'T bid on loaned players, but you CAN offer them Bosman contracts? That would be the perfect solution.
    Last edited by GFRay; 03-11-18 at 12:33 PM.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

vCash
    Wasn't aware you could change the number of teams in the league. Norwegian leagues are wrong just now. It should be 16 teams in the top 2 leagues now.

Programmer
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luisfrjgua View Post
    Thank you very much for the patch! Can I ask you something? It's possible to reduce the teams in Brazilian Leagues A and B from 28 to 20 teams? And let the League in "running points" only? That is, who has more points wins the league? Like it is nowadays?
    I've already replied to you about this.

Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    Cheers mate! Two things though.

1. I only have the option 'Approach to buy', but not the option 'Approach to sign' after changing the above two lines. Players are with 6 months of end of contract (see screenie in spoiler)
    Spoiler!

2. Is there a way that you CAN'T bid on loaned players, but you CAN offer them Bosman contracts? That would be the perfect solution.
    1. That player is with an American club, so the Bosman ruling doesn't apply to him.

2. For humans yes, restore the 0050DEF4 JNZ 00872918 line. For the AI no, as the manner in which they don't buy on-loan players is done by having them ignore on-loan players completely when it comes to transfers. Even re-enabling it for players with six months left on their contracts wouldn't work, as the AI sometimes bids money for players instead of just offering them contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by dweatherston11 View Post
    Wasn't aware you could change the number of teams in the league. Norwegian leagues are wrong just now. It should be 16 teams in the top 2 leagues now.
    Noted.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hi saturn,

This is a bit of a long shot but the CM Vipers save that I use with the v5 patch recently crashed. There's no specific error, just the cm0102 is no longer working from Windows.

Admittedly it crashed following the editing of a player in the save game. However, it's something I've done several times before without any issues so I'm not sure exactly what the issue is and if it can be forced through somehow?

Would you be able to take a look if you can spare any time at all?

https://www.sendspace.com/file/yvklwi

Thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Hi saturn,

This is a bit of a long shot but the CM Vipers save that I use with the v5 patch recently crashed. There's no specific error, just the cm0102 is no longer working from Windows.

Admittedly it crashed following the editing of a player in the save game. However, it's something I've done several times before without any issues so I'm not sure exactly what the issue is and if it can be forced through somehow?

Would you be able to take a look if you can spare any time at all?

https://www.sendspace.com/file/yvklwi

Thanks!
    What do you use Mark, CM Explorer or GK Editor? I can't change name details in GK Editor ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    What do you use Mark, CM Explorer or GK Editor? I can't change name details in GK Editor ?
    I think he pre created the players (33 of them) in the database, edited nationality and DOB in the GK editor and then change the name in-game by using nicknames
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

vCash
    Yep, GK Editor.

The only thing I do is change DOB and nationalities. I do indeed create 33 players in the DB first then if anyone wants to join after the season kicks off, I edit the players in GK Editor and assign a nickname to them in the game itself.

Always saw this as a fail safe way of handling things but suddenly had this issue out of nowhere. I feel as though I may have accidentally clicked on something as all players in-game got changed to 50% fit!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415