Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch +v5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    Human managers not being able to sign on-loan players through Bosmans is a deliberate addition. To prevent the AI purchasing on-loan players, I made them bypass on-loan players completely when they're choosing a potential signing. So even when an on-loan player is leaving on a Bosman they'll still show no interest. I felt it was only fair to take that option away from human managers too, otherwise we'd have an unrivalled pick of those players.

I think loan players being unsettled isn't that unrealistic: in the game young players are happy enough to be on loan, whereas older players generally aren't. I think that IRL older (24+) players on loan somewhere are usually unsettled, as it's often a precursor to a permanent move away. So I think it works okay, though I agree messages like wanting first team football with 30+ appearances are a bit off.

The other thing you mentioned about loan players' performances trailing off after a while is true, but it's due to a bug whereby players on-loan at human clubs don't train. In fact, any player a human manager signs on-loan will have their careers ruined as they will continue to not train after returning to their parent club. The only way to revive them is to sign them fully, whereby they'll now train as normal.
    I see, didn't know about the bug. I noticed when you loan a player he ends up in the "no training" section, but I thought manually moving him into, for example, "general" solves the issue. Of course, even if it works, AI does not do this; so, you say this bug only occurs at human-controlled clubs?

On bosman signings: understood, thank you.

1. Perhaps something could be done there. I think the AI offers contracts to players with expiring contracts 180 days before their expiry, which is usually too late as other clubs can bid too.
    Well, that's not exactly the problem I was talking about; if a player agrees in advance for a future free transfer (when his contract ends), that's totally ok. I meant that there are way too many players which are released as free agents when their contracts end (every summer), which means that during that 180 days period, they haven't pre-signed a contract with any club - either due to the lack of interest or because the player wanted too much money. Of course, sometimes this could happen too, but in the game, it is imho currently happening too often. As a result, even with no money you can easily get a strong squad if you check the transfers info regularly... that's why I suggested nerfing players' ambitions or increasing the club willingness to extend contracts would help this.

Actually, there is one more thing which I wanted to ask if it was a bug or working as intended: say, you approach a free agent, and he is interested in joining your club but asks for a lot of money (salary, not the signing fee). Instead, you could offer him a trial first, and if he agrees, while he is at your club, he asks for much smaller salary (4-5 times less money, easily). If you waste too much time and he leaves (the trial ends), he returns to his original demands. The same works for regens which almost always agree to the trial offer, and that's how one can save quite some money on their salaries.
    Although I see some sense in this dynamics, I doubt that such drastic changes in the salary expectations are justified... do you think anything can be done to fix it?

Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    Member of the Month
    VIP
    Captain
    vCash
    Your last point seems to have been fixed at some stage in Tapani's patches I'd imagine. The reason I say this is I wrote a story based in Sweden a few years back and I signed nearly a whole team that way e.g. player wanted 10k per week, but would accept 750 per week on trial.

I've not noticed that bug in a long time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Your last point seems to have been fixed at some stage in Tapani's patches I'd imagine. The reason I say this is I wrote a story based in Sweden a few years back and I signed nearly a whole team that way e.g. player wanted 10k per week, but would accept 750 per week on trial.

I've not noticed that bug in a long time
    hm-hm, so I must be playing not the latest version somehow... well, if saturn confirms that this bug has been fixed, I'll reinstall the entire game and try again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schnix View Post
    I see, didn't know about the bug. I noticed when you loan a player he ends up in the "no training" section, but I thought manually moving him into, for example, "general" solves the issue. Of course, even if it works, AI does not do this; so, you say this bug only occurs at human-controlled clubs?
    Yes, players loaned between AI clubs will train as normal.

Well, that's not exactly the problem I was talking about; if a player agrees in advance for a future free transfer (when his contract ends), that's totally ok. I meant that there are way too many players which are released as free agents when their contracts end (every summer), which means that during that 180 days period, they haven't pre-signed a contract with any club - either due to the lack of interest or because the player wanted too much money. Of course, sometimes this could happen too, but in the game, it is imho currently happening too often. As a result, even with no money you can easily get a strong squad if you check the transfers info regularly... that's why I suggested nerfing players' ambitions or increasing the club willingness to extend contracts would help this.
    Okay, I understand and I agree: there are times I've seen players on free transfer for months/years and wondered how has nobody signed these guys. The problem with trying to fix this is apportioning blame: is it their original clubs' fault for not re-signing them, the players' fault for not re-signing, other clubs' fault for not signing them on free transfers, or the players' fault for not being interested while on a free transfer?

Modifying any of the parameters for these would then have knock-on effects, ie it could become too easy to sign unattached players if we tried to change parameters for that. I think that there will always be a small number of players that will fall through the cracks and just not meet any parameters to be signed. And even if we did pinpoint the reason I don't know where any of this is in the code (I probably should have mentioned that first).

Actually, there is one more thing which I wanted to ask if it was a bug or working as intended: say, you approach a free agent, and he is interested in joining your club but asks for a lot of money (salary, not the signing fee). Instead, you could offer him a trial first, and if he agrees, while he is at your club, he asks for much smaller salary (4-5 times less money, easily). If you waste too much time and he leaves (the trial ends), he returns to his original demands. The same works for regens which almost always agree to the trial offer, and that's how one can save quite some money on their salaries.
    Although I see some sense in this dynamics, I doubt that such drastic changes in the salary expectations are justified... do you think anything can be done to fix it?
    I've noticed (and exploited) this too, and I'd say it's a bug. Being on trial and being shown around the club and facilities could make a player more likely to sign IRL, but not to the extent it can sometimes reduce the player's demands like in the game. With regards to fixing it, I think that for bugs like this (where only human managers can take advantage of them) the easiest solution is just to not exploit them if you think that they're unfair. I don't know if Tapani has fixed it since as I don't try to use the exploit anymore.

vCash
    Wanted change something in CM Explorer IN SAVE
    After loading i have this bug. Is it possible to fix this?

I have copy before changes so it's not huge problem. 3 season. but... after start i didint have bugs.

vCash
    Great work guys! I have only a question, if I download all this patch I will have the update of March 2018 but the game will start at the beginning of season so August 2017, well still a great thing but turn down a bit the realism I think.

vCash
    Load Brazil league and then move to the league you wanna play. The game will start in december 21 if I'm not mistaken.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bruebous For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hello Saturn, Great work! Possible to get this one?

Game speed x20
    Idle - Desktop
    Window - 1280x960
    Disable contracts - Yes
    Coloured Attributes- Yes
    Hide non public bids - Yes
    New values - yes

Thanks?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marquss View Post
    Wanted change something in CM Explorer IN SAVE
    After loading i have this bug. Is it possible to fix this?

I have copy before changes so it's not huge problem. 3 season. but... after start i didint have bugs.

Spoiler!
    I've seen the same bug when editing save games in CM Explorer, but don't know a fix for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jobchelsea View Post
    Hello Saturn, Great work! Possible to get this one?

Game speed x20
    Idle - Desktop
    Window - 1280x960
    Disable contracts - Yes
    Coloured Attributes- Yes
    Hide non public bids - Yes
    New values - yes

Thanks?!
    Added: http://www.mediafire.com/file/o98fuoyooka8e39/43.zip

vCash
    I'm suffering a shut down on 1st July 2021. No idea why. Had a few games go past this date already on v5 so not sure what the problem is on this one? Can't play past. Can't holiday past.

Save game if you wish to have a look. Saved at 30 June.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/6ym4yb

vCash
    The problem is with Edinson Cavani. He, and others, are due to be exchanged with Barcelona for Mikel Merino but Cavani has since retired. Take over Barcelona, cancel the Merino deal and the game will progress.

Spoiler!

Did you use a save game editor or something for the Barcelona exchange transfers? I'm just wondering if the game overlooking a retired player in an exchange deal is something that could occur naturely.

vCash
    Hi saturn,

I realised this patch isn't in the downloads area yet, so I've added a link to this thread from there, just as the v4 was posted

https://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=312

Hope that's OK.

vCash
    Yes that's fine - thanks!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Did you use a save game editor or something for the Barcelona exchange transfers? I'm just wondering if the game overlooking a retired player in an exchange deal is something that could occur naturely.
    No editor. They wanted Merino. I countered their bid taking players who I wanted or were unhappy.

Thanks for looking into it for me saturn.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....mpression=true

Interesting article re: prize money in the premier league. Notable because it mentions the blanket figure for the championship of 6.8million. There was a discussion a couple of weeks back I think

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

vCash
    Thanks for keeping an eye out for the figures. I saw this article too last week which mentions that the Premier League gives some of its TV money to the next three divisions too. Hard to know whether the money mentioned there is in addition to those divisions' TV money figures or does it make up the large majority of them, I'd guess it's the latter.

vCash
    Hi All,

I think there is something wrong with the european qualifiers in the french league

It selects random teams from Ligue 1 and Ligue 2.

And there are no fixtures for 2019/20...

I can upload my save if you need it.
    Last edited by Alcoolix; 16-05-18 at 08:37 AM.

vCash
    Yes, please upload it.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Alcoolix For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The problem is that a Ligue 2 match was never played (Le Havre vs Nancy on the 26th of April). I don't know why it wasn't played, as neither team had any fixture congestion around then. Another Ligue 2 game from that matchday was postponed, which is odd given the weather for the end of April.

There were international friendlies on the 24th of April, but none of the four clubs have many international players, and the few international players that are there are mainly from African countries, who don't play friendlies on that date. Also, when a league game is rescheduled because of international call-ups I don't think it shows as being postponed (P:P) in a club's fixtures panel, it just gets rescheduled.

So, that's the reason why the leagues don't reset. I'll have a look at the French fixtures to try and prevent this happening again - there have been other issues like two games being played on the same day in Ligue 1, fixtures 4 & 5 are reversed in Ligue 2's fixtures tab, perhaps other issues relating to the .68 version of Ligue 1 having 18 teams the first season and then 20 thereafter.

Unfortunately for your save I don't think the French leagues will ever reset, as that Ligue 2 match will never be played (it probably won't crash the game though).

26. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I have found issues with the Belgian league. Fixtures get moved back, and then eventually get played after the June 19-June 20 reset, which messes up the fixtures for every season after that, and teams end up playing multiple games in the same day. Might try and figure out how to move the fixtures around for Belgium, to see if that solves the problem.

vCash
    What divisions in Belgium?

vCash
    The problem is that a Ligue 2 match was never played (Le Havre vs Nancy on the 26th of April). I don't know why it wasn't played, as neither team had any fixture congestion around then. Another Ligue 2 game from that matchday was postponed, which is odd given the weather for the end of April.

There were international friendlies on the 24th of April, but none of the four clubs have many international players, and the few international players that are there are mainly from African countries, who don't play friendlies on that date. Also, when a league game is rescheduled because of international call-ups I don't think it shows as being postponed (P) in a club's fixtures panel, it just gets rescheduled.

So, that's the reason why the leagues don't reset. I'll have a look at the French fixtures to try and prevent this happening again - there have been other issues like two games being played on the same day in Ligue 1, fixtures 4 & 5 are reversed in Ligue 2's fixtures tab, perhaps other issues relating to the .68 version of Ligue 1 having 18 teams the first season and then 20 thereafter.

Unfortunately for your save I don't think the French leagues will ever reset, as that Ligue 2 match will never be played (it probably won't crash the game though).
    Thank you Saturn. I forgot to mention that I, as Strabourg, could not play either of the French Cups in the first season...

vCash
    What divisions in Belgium?
    It started with the Amateur Division, but expanded to all divisions, because promotion/relegation spots were not decided on time.

vCash
    Hi mate, can I request 3 .exes at once please?

Basically it's the one below in 3 speeds: default, x4 and x200 if that's possible.

Idle sensitivity: desktop
    Window: 800x600
    Disable unprotected contracts: yes
    Coloured attributes: yes
    Hide non-public bids: no
    New values: no
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!
    Want to have your tactic tested to see where it ranks? Check out the Revamped Tactics League!
    Current games: Ultimate Managers League, Road To Glory and International Managers Competition
    Current stories: From Misfits To Champions: An Interactive Story, The Coventry Comeback and The Great Comeback: A Dutch Football Story

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast