Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion

vCash
    However they won't count for the clean sheet bonus as they're not in defence for that game. So only the 5 defenders would get a +1 for a clean sheet.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!
    Want to have your tactic tested to see where it ranks? Check out the Revamped Tactics League!
    Current games: Ultimate Managers League, Road To Glory and International Managers Competition
    Current stories: From Misfits To Champions: An Interactive Story, The Coventry Comeback and The Great Comeback: A Dutch Football Story

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    Does anyone know more about this:

Is there a correlation with the Ass Man fielding players you've not selected during holiday mode and their current reputation?

So does he pick a player that's not selected over a player that is selected if he's got a higher current reputation?

I've seen several examples of other players playing while there were no injuries/suspensions and they had a higher current reputation than the ones that were originally picked.

Someone have any insight on this?

If it does work this way then I would have to edit the starting eleven's current reputation to be higher than the other players. In that case I would ask of you guys to give a squad status to each player (1st team for the starters and bench players and rotation for everyone else) so I can edit their reputations accordingly.
    I'd say run a test with assistants and without . If it is indeed not having an assistant than it might increase the impetus of getting one. If there are managers with assistants they deserve to benefit as such.

No I haven't one ... Yet.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Erkifino For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I have an assman yet my position shows this may not be a good advertisement for this

5. The Following User Says Thank You to drkshadow1 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drkshadow1 View Post
    I have an assman yet my position shows this may not be a good advertisement for this

I vaguely remember reading an assman with handy man attached was inclined to follow your instructions... I may have made that up ...

vCash
    Last 2 comments far more funny if you read them literally.

vCash
    Autocorrect on my phone changes 'atts' to 'attached' so that doesn't help...

vCash
    Smart move there with the minus injury prone points.

I'm wondering is it possible to redistribute points? Because of CA/PA can I say, lower tackling and increase off the ball for a price?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Erkifino For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkifino View Post
    Smart move there with the minus injury prone points.

I'm wondering is it possible to redistribute points? Because of CA/PA can I say, lower tackling and increase off the ball for a price?
    No that's not possible. You can only lower or increase attributes with points. No swapping around allowed.
    Want to have your tactic tested to see where it ranks? Check out the Revamped Tactics League!
    Current games: Ultimate Managers League, Road To Glory and International Managers Competition
    Current stories: From Misfits To Champions: An Interactive Story, The Coventry Comeback and The Great Comeback: A Dutch Football Story

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Since this new format is costing me more time and given how fast you guys are submitting, I've decided to take it a bit slower as I want to prevent that it will burn me out.

I'll set running this thing on Friday evenings and will move the deadlines back to weekly rather than two weeks. This way I can plan it accordingly and don't have to stress out to get things done.

So next month will have a deadline for next week's Friday 25th May and from that point on we'll stay on every Friday.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    So, so selfish. You do realise you're like a meth dealer?

What type of psychological experiment is this?

No worries.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Erkifino For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkifino View Post
    So, so selfish. You do realise you're like a meth dealer?

What type of psychological experiment is this?

No worries.
    I'm fully aware of what I've done. I've created such a fun format that you've all become addicted. But I need to distribute your dosages properly otherwise I will run out very fast and will have to cut you dry. And I honestly think that many of you would not survive that....

18. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Good idea to keep it fun for yourself I'm not sure what the other thinks, but to me you could save a lot of time if you skip a lot of the screenshots. (All in spoiler is not needed imo). There is a save game. Everyone can check their result theirselves.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMCZ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Your health is more important than a silly old game mate. Do it when you can fit it in, no need to stress over it.

Can I have my points now?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CMCZ View Post
    Good idea to keep it fun for yourself I'm not sure what the other thinks, but to me you could save a lot of time if you skip a lot of the screenshots. (All in spoiler is not needed imo). There is a save game. Everyone can check their result theirselves.
    Well for me it adds to the fun of running this. There are also other members reading the thread who are not participating so for them it's useful information.

The screenshotting doesn't take much time tbh. With Faststone Capture I only have to make 1 screenie and then I can recapture the same area with a shortcut. So making the screenies goes really fast actually.

It's making the changes in the editor and calculating the points that's costing me the most time, because I need to be focused to do that to avoid mistakes.

We've done 5 months ingame in less than 2,5 weeks IRL which is a bit too much for me tbh. By making this a weekly thing on Fridays, I can plan it and spread the workload a bit with all the other things I've got going on here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trunky View Post
    Your health is more important than a silly old game mate. Do it when you can fit it in, no need to stress over it.

Can I have my points now?
    Cheers mate!

And no.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    It's making the changes in the editor and calculating the points that's costing me the most time, because I need to be focused to do that to avoid mistakes.
    I can vouch for that. Luckily observant participants call me out on the few mistakes I do make on calculations on Nowhere Men!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to JayFlo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JayFlo View Post
    I can vouch for that. Luckily observant participants call me out on the few mistakes I do make on calculations on Nowhere Men!
    Pedantic bastards to a man...

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    hehe thank you Dr Ray, keep our medication under control

30. The Following User Says Thank You to evesham For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Went for a quick nap 15 min nap tonight, woke up 4 hours later...

Did half of the offices, but I'm too tired now so I'm going to hit the sack and do the other half tomorrow morning!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Went for a quick nap 15 min nap tonight, woke up 4 hours later...

Did half of the offices, but I'm too tired now so I'm going to hit the sack and do the other half tomorrow morning!
    The wrong half!

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash

vCash
    Alright all offices have now been updated and I've uploaded the save game.

drk, your coach didn't come through as he rejected the offer and I failed to check in time and attract another. I'll add the coach next month instead, sorry.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I noticed that quite some players were fielded again that were not selected in the lineup.

Could you guys do me a favor and list your starting eleven and five subs in your office? I'll make give those players 'Important first team' status and the rest 'Rotation'. This will probably help with the squad selection from the ass man.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I noticed that quite some players were fielded again that were not selected in the lineup.

Could you guys do me a favor and list your starting eleven and five subs in your office? I'll make give those players 'Important first team' status and the rest 'Rotation'. This will probably help with the squad selection from the ass man.
    Stamina levels are shocking so players would get rotated I'd say.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Erkifino For This Useful Post:

vCash
    hey man no Issues I had a decent month so everything is cool.

43. The Following User Says Thank You to drkshadow1 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    a good month for me 9 points including a win over Redders, how it was only 1-0 I'll never know and a narrow 0-1 defeat to Troublegum, Erk's Chuck Berry had a blinder in the nets, gratz erk

45. The Following User Says Thank You to evesham For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast