Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 126 to 142 of 142

Thread: CM Scout Intrinsic

  1. #126

    Join Date
    23-06-14
    Posts
    42
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    I've just uninstalled the old version. I've now downloaded the lastest app and when i try to load the save into the app it says access denied with the file name ... never seen this before. I've tried to open a few saves and its says the same thing.

    Any ideas? Thank you. The version i uninstalled worked perfectly so the save file is good.
    I have no idea why this could happen. I successfully load my saves as before.
    Maybe someone can confirm the problem?

  2. #127

    Join Date
    16-10-14
    Posts
    30
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by vfilatov View Post
    I have no idea why this could happen. I successfully load my saves as before.
    Maybe someone can confirm the problem?
    Loading Colchester.sav...

    UnauthorizedAccess_IODenied_Path,E:\Colchester.sav

  3. #128

    Join Date
    07-01-20
    Posts
    2
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    Loading Colchester.sav...

    UnauthorizedAccess_IODenied_Path,E:\Colchester.sav
    I had the same problem. It has something to do with file access restriction from the windows store application.

    I managed to get it loaded by granting read access permission (of the .sav file) to everyone.

  4. #129

    Join Date
    16-10-14
    Posts
    30
    vCash
    500
    I've just granted access to everyone. Same message comes up. No idea why this version isn't working when the previous version worked perfectly.

  5. #130

    Join Date
    23-06-14
    Posts
    42
    vCash
    500
    I made some fix in the code. Hope this helps. You will see the update in the Microsoft Store soon.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to vfilatov For This Useful Post:


  7. #131

    Join Date
    16-10-14
    Posts
    30
    vCash
    500
    Will it be version 17? I'll look out for it.

  8. #132

    Join Date
    07-01-20
    Posts
    2
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    I've just granted access to everyone. Same message comes up. No idea why this version isn't working when the previous version worked perfectly.
    I actually gave permissions to every user object in the system.
    Apparently you only need to give access to "ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES".

    https://ibb.co/y05nCN8

    This one works for me

  9. #133

    Join Date
    23-06-14
    Posts
    42
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    Will it be version 17?
    Yes, it will be version 17. The version at the certification stage in the Microsoft Store now.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to vfilatov For This Useful Post:


  11. #134

    Join Date
    26-09-18
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    818
    vCash
    3297
    Looks great, man! I see you added the +10 to simulate the other_factors, it looks much better now! I had a look and it seems pretty accurate, good job. Maybe in future we can discover some of what is included in the other_factors and add it instead of the +10, anyway this is already a much better representation of player performance than just the intrinsics, thanks

  12. #135

    Join Date
    27-10-14
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,552
    vCash
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Looks great, man! I see you added the +10 to simulate the other_factors, it looks much better now! I had a look and it seems pretty accurate, good job. Maybe in future we can discover some of what is included in the other_factors and add it instead of the +10, anyway this is already a much better representation of player performance than just the intrinsics, thanks
    Which weight sets or chart sets are included. The same three? What is the difference between them - in simple language that I can understand?

  13. #136

    Join Date
    16-10-14
    Posts
    30
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by uncool View Post
    I actually gave permissions to every user object in the system.
    Apparently you only need to give access to "ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES".

    https://ibb.co/y05nCN8

    This one works for me
    Fantastic, worked a treat. thanks again

  14. #137

    Join Date
    26-09-18
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    818
    vCash
    3297
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Which weight sets or chart sets are included. The same three? What is the difference between them - in simple language that I can understand?
    The sets are unchanged, the same as usual: Default, CMScout and mine.

    *Default: has big focus on 2 key attributes for each position (great for quickly finding insanelly specialist players).
    *CMScout: is a more general set with focus on many attributes for each position (great for finding some generalist players that are reliable in any tactics).
    *Mine: is a combination (or a balance) of both sets: focus on many atts but with a huge weight for the key atts of each position (good for finding players with freakish key attributes but that also have many good atts all around (like more "reliable freaks" ). Its already usable but Im still going to adjust it some more and release a final version of it).

    The importance of each attribute in each set is based on the personal preference of the creator of each set.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 13-01-20 at 02:39 PM.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to MadScientist For This Useful Post:


  16. #138

    Join Date
    27-10-14
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,552
    vCash
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    The sets are unchanged, the same as usual: Default, CMScout and mine.

    *Default: has big focus on 2 key attributes for each position (great for quickly finding insanelly specialist players).
    *CMScout: is a more general set with focus on many attributes for each position (great for finding some generalist players that are reliable in any tactics).
    *Mine: is a combination (or a balance) of both sets: focus on many atts but with a huge weight for the key atts of each position (good for finding players with freakish key attributes but that also have many good atts all around (like more "reliable freaks" ). Its already usable but Im still going to adjust it some more and release a final version of it).

    The importance of each attribute in each set is based on the personal preference of the creator of each set.
    Thanks!

    It might be an idea perhaps to create a set based on the official manual which lists the attributes needed for each position (but lists more than we usually think of).

  17. #139

    Join Date
    16-10-14
    Posts
    30
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    One more thing i would like to add to this conversation, i think its very important and explains some differnent types of players and how intrinsic atts can be actually a realistic thing perhaps planned by the game developers:

    - Players like van persie: They have high CA, good intrinsic for all his important atts (not bad, not freak, just good), great physical and mental atts. So, those players can be considered 'complete' players. This makes them to be very reliable and easy to use. Whatever instructions you give to them, whoever their oponents and teammates are, whichiever tactic u use, whathever the situation is, you can even put them a little out of position, and u can rest assured they will perform well. Thats why they are so expensive, in the game and in real world, its sure they will be worth the money.

    - Players like crycensio (from Sams screenshot) and the DC found by Dermo: They have low CA, freak intrinsic for 1 att, great intrinsic for another 1 or 2 atts, and the rest is really bad intrinsic atts, usually followed by bad physical and or mental atts. They are freaking specialists in one single thing and really bad in the rest. This makes them very unreliable and hard to use. They can perform like a beast (thats why their scouting percentages are usually higher than the van persie type of player), but only if you work hard to make sure to put him to play under the circunstances he needs to perform well. You need to give them the exact instructions that match their speciality, in the right tatic, in the perfect positio , with the right team mates, against the right oponents, you cant ask them to do anything out of their specialities, otherwise they will play like a bitch.

    For example if you put crysencio, who has freak dribbling, great finishng and long shots intrinsic, but ask him to try trough balls passing, he will suck. Otherwise if you ask him to come fron behind, run with ball, and try ling shots, dont put him in wet games, and maybe put him near the opponent who has the yellow card, he will win the game for you better than any other player could do.

    The same thing for Dermos DC. He can be a freak DC, one of the best in the world, but like Mauro Galv„o, he needs a tall partner DC, he cant be asked to man mark the big opponent guys, the attacker team mates need to receive instruction to go to defense in defensive set pieces to help with aerial balls, your team will score less goals from corners, and a lot more requirements need to be met.

    Thats why this type of player is much cheaper. They are always a risky purchase. They even may pass their entire careers unnoticed if they dont find a manager who knows how to play them. And if we stop to think, this happens a lot in real life. Some brazilian players can be examlple, anderson (ex man utd), oh man when he started his carrer he had such insane dribblig and pace, he could win a hard game alone, then he started playing to more demanding teams,being required to tactical instructikns, playing in mor defensive positions, now he is still young but playing bad in 2nd division of brazil, even forgot how to drbble due to no training. Ganso is another, started career as neymar teammate, everyone here said 'this neymar is good, but this ganso is a beast', but all his new managers requiring too many things from him, he only has insane creativity and paassing, the rest is shit, he only plays well if there is a neymar on his team otherwise noone will understand his creative passes. Today neymar is famous and ganso practically disappeared. Pato another example, and so on, those player are real life encarnations of low CA high intrinsic players.

    I think the developers of the game made the intrinsic attributes hidden because in real life this type of thing is really hard to identify. Only sometimes some managers in real life can identify it in some players. Understanding how intrinsic atts work in the game engine and making them visible allows you to defeat a team of CA 200 with a team of CA 1 (if your CA 1 players have freak intrinsic and if you make good use of your players). Some people say its not realistic, but if a manager could make this 'visualization cheat' in real life perhaps he could defeat a team of world class players with a team of failed stars, thats my analogy at least.

    Of course there are more types of players than this, in game and in real life, you can even have a combination of types in a single player, anyway that was just to try to explain how intrinsic atts can actually be a realistic thing and possible that was what the developers of the game had in mind with intrinsic atts, and also to explain how to read the scout percentages.
    I've never looked into the game in this much detail. A very interesting read. Would it be fair to say that these freak players dont work aswell in updates as the did in the ODB?

  18. #140

    Join Date
    26-09-18
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    818
    vCash
    3297
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    I've never looked into the game in this much detail. A very interesting read. Would it be fair to say that these freak players dont work aswell in updates as the did in the ODB?
    That old post of mine was too phylosofical and not very objective. I think everyone has its own opinion about how players should be created and how freaks should work. Even I don't agree anymore with some of the points of that old post.

    Anyway, to answer your question: In my opinion those players work more realistically in data updates than in ODB.

    I never liked how the ODB players were created: the famous high CA players are too even in ODB (they have no weaknesses and no strenghts in the intrinsics) and consequently perform below expected, and the players they have choosen to be low CA freaks in ODB aren't realistic (in my opinion they should have choosen other players for that).

    So, in my opinion the players in the data updates are much more realistic and better created than the players in ODB: in data updates, the famous high CA players are created with much more emphasis on their weaknesses and strenghts in the intrinsics (and thats great, because that makes them perform better and more realistically, because their important intrinsics are higher), and we still have many low CA freaks but in a more realistic way and better choosen than in ODB.

    But in my opinion I would prefer the players were created with even more emphasis in the weaknesses and strenghts than in current data updates. Specially the visible 20s of most players currently are actually weak 20s (20s with not so high intrisic values). In my opinion I would prefer many of the players were created with strong 20s (20s with higher intrinsic value) by reducing their attributes where they are not so good (instead of increasing them to try to make the player look better in other areas just because they already have visible 20s for the desired atts, as that causes their visible 20s to become less strong intrinsically).
    Last edited by MadScientist; 15-01-20 at 03:35 PM.

  19. #141

    Join Date
    16-10-14
    Posts
    30
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    That old post of mine was too phylosofical and not very objective. I think everyone has its own opinion about how players should be created and how freaks should work. Even I don't agree anymore with some of the points of that old post.

    Anyway, to answer your question: In my opinion those players work more realistically in data updates than in ODB.

    I never liked how the ODB players were created: the famous high CA players are too even in ODB (they have no weaknesses and no strenghts in the intrinsics) and consequently perform below expected, and the players they have choosen to be low CA freaks in ODB aren't realistic (in my opinion they should have choosen other players for that).

    So, in my opinion the players in the data updates are much more realistic and better created than the players in ODB: in data updates, the famous high CA players are created with much more emphasis on their weaknesses and strenghts in the intrinsics (and thats great, because that makes them perform better and more realistically, because their important intrinsics are higher), and we still have many low CA freaks but in a more realistic way and better choosen than in ODB.

    But in my opinion I would prefer the players were created with even more emphasis in the weaknesses and strenghts than in current data updates. Specially the visible 20s of most players currently are actually weak 20s (20s with not so high intrisic values). In my opinion I would prefer many of the players were created with strong 20s (20s with higher intrinsic value) by reducing their attributes where they are not so good (instead of increasing them to try to make the player look better in other areas just because they already have visible 20s for the desired atts, as that causes their visible 20s to become less strong intrinsically).
    I know the tactics have been messed with to make the game harder, but I'm not enjoying players performances anymore. Low CA players dont perform has they have done in the past. Seems to be all about higher CA players.

    I placed Maxim Tsigalko in my current save which is latest update. He's awful. 10 goals in 30 games as a lone striker. Thats in my team not AI. Despite a having 60 intrinsic for finishing and 52 for otb as well his other stats which are ok.

    Do you play the game? Or are you all about testing etc ....

    I love reading your posts.

  20. #142

    Join Date
    30-03-12
    Location
    Cracow , Poland
    Posts
    30
    vCash
    500
    I have one question.

    Is there any chance for compatibility with 3960? I am not an expert in this kind of things but my guess is the problem comes from db structure, doesn't it? I am asking because I don't know how effort is it necessary to put in making that.

    At least I can use MadScientist method.

    Anyway, thank you guys for developing such an awesome user-friendly tool.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •