Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: User tactics - GFRay

Do you have the fullback on fwd runs and run with ball?

Quote Originally Posted by paulfitz View Post
    Do you have the fullback on fwd runs and run with ball?
    Always. Crossing as well together with Direct passing.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    A new updated Fibonacci tactic can be downloaded here: https://www.sendspace.com/pro/tlk98z.

Compared to the original this one has become even more rock solid at the back while still scoring quite a decent amount of goals.. Over the last 2 full seasons in the Serie A with AC Milan (ODB) I've conceded 0,31 goals whilst scoring 2,40 goals per game.

Still trying to get the AMC play better though...
    Sergey Nikiforenko always scores high double figures in the AMC for me when using the ODB

You have a few tactics here, what one would you say works best for you?

Fibonacci has been working very well in the Italian league on the ODB for me.

I tweaked the player instructions for the central midfielder so that he is an attacking play maker who plays through balls and runs with ball on mixed passing (Riquelme/Aimar type of player).

LMC/RMC on long shots.

Switch from attacking to normal with direct passing when facing a strong 4-4-2 ie Lazio or Roma

There are many very strong tactics posted on the forum but the formations are too unrealistic and would never be used in real life so I donít use them.

Quote Originally Posted by paulfitz View Post
    Switch from attacking to normal with direct passing when facing a strong 4-4-2 ie Lazio or Roma
    Exactly, changing mentality in matches with stronger opponents (as those You mentioned) works wonders. It seems that versus tough opponents normal mentality increases your defence strength (reduced numer of opponents shots) and allowes to create more chances for your strikers. I don't know yours experience on this but normal mentality is tricky. Sometimes when playing against weaker sides it seems to encourage them to attack.
    Last edited by Gyfli; 22-04-20 at 04:28 PM.

Firstly thanks GFray for creating Fibonacci.

Anyway, i have used this to good effect for the past two season with Tottenham on the ODB (3.9.68) with the Lussenhoff DB update. I also replaced the AI default tactics with Aeelon's AI tactic pack, just to give me a bit more of a challenge. However, with this AI tactic pack, i have noted the following things:

1. Goals scored ratio is lower than expected, i averaged 50 goals across the two seasons i have played so far, which is quite low for a team in the PL.
    2. There were too many draws, i averaged 12 draws per season, which i thought was too high. Found that these draws where sucker punches in games, i was trying to close out and conceded in the last few mins.

The above things are in my opinion no way reflective on the tactic, but more to do with the AI tactic pack being a tougher non WIBWOB pack than usual.

Like paulfitz i found switching the mentality and passing did help when facing stronger opposition, which for Tottenham in the ODB where most teams lol. I also noted that using this combination away from home did help, and i found that i was using this as default for away games, regardless of opposition. Interestingly this change meant my away record was better than my home record.

These were the tweaks i made in game, depending on what was happening within the match:

1. When losing 1-0, i found to get back into the game, i set the mentality to attacking, passing to direct, and added forward arrows to the full backs. This change worked the majority of the time and depending on what stage of the game was at i either left it as is to push on for the win or either went back to the default settings.
    2. When looking to see out the game, roughly within the last 10 mins, i changed the mentality to normal, passing to mixed, switched off offside trap, switched on counter attack and men behind the ball. This worked the majority of the time, but as mentioned, i was sucker punched a few times, which meant what should've been victory, ended up being a draw.
    3. If opponent had three forwards, i switched the DC's to zonal marking
    4. If opponent had one forward, i switched off man marking on the DC with the lowest marking rating and swapped to zonal marking

I found that i did struggle against some variants of 3-5-2, which though are not commonly used in the ODB, was annoying not being able to get a positive result against them. I guess as the seasons progress and the better player quality i have may mean this is irrelevant.

Here is my record in the PL so far - https://postimg.cc/kDBdLc26
    Here is my record in the FA Cup so far - https://postimg.cc/nsb4f0VH
    Here is my record in the League Cup so far - https://postimg.cc/s165gVfH
    Here is my record in the Europa League so far - https://postimg.cc/wyWRMVzR

I found in my first season due to a low transfer budget i had to stick with some of the the original Tottenham ODB squad, and was quite surprised how the following performed:

1. Les Ferdinand as SC - https://postimg.cc/PL5tJk5K I didn't use him as much in the second season as i bought Djibril Cisse.
    2. Steffen Iversen as AMC - https://postimg.cc/yWH739xk I didn't use him as much in the second season as i eventually bought Ronaldo.

The stand out performers in the second season were the following:

Esteban Cambiasso as DMC - https://postimg.cc/vD3C86VR
    Cristiano Ronaldo as AMC - https://postimg.cc/qNfwpkjV

Anyway, onwards to the third season, where the board and now wanting the title, lets see if i can deliver that!

Update

Sadly the save got corrupted as i imported saved shortlists in from CMScout, so back to the drawing board!
    Last edited by stuboy72; 26-05-20 at 08:08 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to stuboy72 For This Useful Post:

A new updated Fibonacci tactic can be downloaded here: https://www.sendspace.com/pro/tlk98z.

Compared to the original this one has become even more rock solid at the back while still scoring quite a decent amount of goals.. Over the last 2 full seasons in the Serie A with AC Milan (ODB) I've conceded 0,31 goals whilst scoring 2,40 goals per game.

I've been using your Fibonacci a lot lately, with a few small tweaks because of player availability in my squad.
    The main one is the AMC no longer has the arrow forward. Still works well, but I guess it mainly depends on what player you use in that position.

It's a really solid setup overall, and my results are excellent (champions with Sevilla against my own super squads from Atleti and Barca, who I managed before I took the Sevilla job).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Asthereal For This Useful Post:

Which tactic do you use on the current updates?

I always preferred a narrow midfield
    3 on the ODB due to the lack of real quality wingers and getting a good ratio of goals/assists over a season. There was a good supply of quality central midfielders throughout the game back then.

Modern day the supply chain is reversed and more good quality wide forwards are available.
    Last edited by paulfitz; 28-05-20 at 05:35 PM.

Another non wibwob tactic I've been using recently with decent succes is this one:

]
    Was using this tactic last night on my 6 man network game on the saturn v9 patch with Everton. Had to go to Anfield to play the dreaded rivals and was surely expecting a firm beating, but then this happened:

Spoiler!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

Aeroplano-NWW is one of my favorite.
    With usage of defensive minded wingers, it is nonwib-nonwobbed 3-5-2 con. 👍

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scemoka For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by scemoka View Post
    Aeroplano-NWW is one of my favorite.
    With usage of defensive minded wingers, it is nonwib-nonwobbed 3-5-2 con. 👍
    I usually play D/DM RL on the flanks. With Everton I have D/M R Coleman and D/M L Digne who are really solid on that spot. Against the update new 433 tactic I go man marking with middle DC and zonal on outer DC's. I tried man marking the AM RL with diagonal forward arrow, but I found my defense gives to much room away. With them on zonal they can catch the forward running wingers more easily.

Have a couple of saves going atm and using this tactic.

Just won the Serie A and Uefa cup with Milan on the ODB with Lussenhoff update. Mainly using Fibonacci and it's unreal even against Aaelon tactic pack. Conceded just 9 goals in the league!! I think it's my all time record, even with FM. Would probably concede less and win the league earler if it wasnt't to manage the squad with the Uefa cup running as well.
    Imposed some transfer rules to keep it real and realistic otherwise if I get Cannavaro or Thuram I think I will win everything haha

Also using Fibonacci on CM0001 with Juventus on the 93 update and going as strong. Baggio, Vialli and Ravanelli running riot. Currently in December and just 5 goals conceded on the Serie A. Next step is on the other updates with Milan and Inter.

Will definitely start other saves and use this "pack"

Also following with Everton on Youtube!

Thank you for this

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jukilo1888 For This Useful Post:

You use Man Marking?

Play against original tactics?
    Last edited by tc84moreno; 27-06-20 at 07:19 PM.

Hey GFRAY,

Having lots of fun with all the systems and in different versions of the series.

Just wondering if you've used 2 strikers with any of these formations and if so how to adapt them? I'm having lots of fun with all of them but sometimes have 2 great strikers and it would be good to play them together. For example, can't take the best out of Del Piero on the ODB unless he plays as striker and for that position Juve already have Salas and Trezeguet so I play Del Piero on the AMC and he barely gets an 8. It's not a massive issue as the team still gets results but would be great to adapt to the players sometimes.

Also following your new carrer with Forest on youtube. Seems lots of fun!

Another result with my Fibonacci tactic on the ODB with Spurs where I won the Premier League and the League Cup first season.

I feel the strength of this tactic really lies in its defence with only 18 goals conceded in 38 league games. Scoring wise it's not super, but you still get about 2 goals per game on average. And many, many clean sheets.

Which version of the Fibo? Or is it a new version? Because the more recent one doesn't have an arrow on the AMC slot.

Just asking because I always play with this in every save I have (even on other versions of the game) and adapt the teams to this tactic.

It has brought many moments of joy so once again thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jukilo1888 View Post
    Which version of the Fibo? Or is it a new version? Because the more recent one doesn't have an arrow on the AMC slot.

Just asking because I always play with this in every save I have (even on other versions of the game) and adapt the teams to this tactic.

It has brought many moments of joy so once again thank you!
    It's the same tactic as before.

I use an arrow on the AMC position whenever I play an AM/FC or FC there. Whenever I play a AMC, I don't add the arrow.

Yo GFRay, any chance you can reupload the airplane tactic for me? Thanks in advance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12