Thread: 2018 World Cup Fantasy Football DRAFT - Discussion and Table

Redknapp69 is offline Soccer Manager - Charity Shield/Cup Title
    Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Redder’s Thoughts…………..

AJ

D-Unit (inc GK)
    • Pro’s - Some stellar names there and some surely guaranteed qualifiers in Boateng and Alba
    • Con’s – Vermaelen gonna play? Injury prone over the years as well. Portugal could be up against qualifying if Morroco beat Iran in first game

Midfielders
    • Pro’s – I love the look of that midfield. Has everything you want
    • Con’s – Lot of people lumping on Modric – can he deliver? Will Matudi get rotated out given France’s depth of quality players?

Strikers
    • Pro’s – Hmmmm – don’t know too much but isn’t Lozano on at the mo? Dybala top quality as well
    • Con’s – But will Dybala play? Jorgensen surely a “punt”?

Redders Overall Rating: Strikers worry me but AJ should be at least higher than halfway in the table

Dermotron

D-Unit (inc GK)
    • Pro’s – The best GK in the world and “job done” with regards to “starters”
    • Con’s – Quite a few of these guys may not qualify IMO

Midfielders
    • Pro’s – Oozes creativity, assists and hopefully some goals
    • Con’s – Will Dembele play? Can Rakitic help Croatia qualify?

Strikers
    • Pro’s – Couple ‘o’ belters in Jesus and Falcao. If that’s the ex-Arsenal Carlos Vela he was hit and miss for me
    • Con’s – Can Falcao get the service? Hopefully Jesus not benched for just Neymar up top. Christ knows what Vela will/will not do

Redders Overall Rating: Could have a load of players falling after the group stage. Based on that – halfway for Dermo!

Drkshadow1

D-Unit (inc GK)
    • Pro’s – I like these players. All should play and qualify
    • Con’s – Kjaer will be up against qualifying and Walker’s points may be less than expected if he’s playing DC instead of a marauding wing back

Midfielders
    • Pro’s – One of the best in Hazard!. Xhaka can fecking hammer a ball and Moses usually gets in good positions
    • Con’s – Xhaka and Moses not really big FF scorers and questions over both qualifying

Strikers
    • Pro’s – All starters and could be explosive – certainly have the ability and in Mitro and “Son” are their countries hope of firing them to qualification!
    • Con’s – Aguero picks up niggles, Mitro is a madman who see’s red mist and will those around Son give him enough support?

Redders Overall Rating: Marmite this team! Love the D Unit but IMO he needs his 2 big hitters to score heavily as they may need to carry the rest! Just above halfway I reckon and pushing the “CL/European” places

dweatherston11

D-Unit (inc GK)
    • Pro’s – The first 3 man defence but all starters as well as keeper. He’s gone for proper defenders that’s for sure!
    • Con’s – Pickford has “small hands” – END OF!

Midfielders
    • Pro’s – MOUTHWATERING! 2 or 3 of them are their Nation’s “playmakers”!
    • Con’s – Unsure if Brandt will play? Can Eriksen handle the pressure? Can Rodriguez get anywhere near last tournament golden boot form?!

Strikers
    • Pro’s – 2 of the best in the world – enough said!
    • Con’s – I know nowt about Balde and Senegal could struggle to qualify (although think Senegal will just attack the shit out of whoever they play)

Redders Overall Rating: I’m a fan of this team – he’ll be in the mix and Top 3 for me. Only issue is a few of his players may not get past 1st knockout stage

Ebfatz

D-Unit (inc GK)
    • Pro’s – Absolute belters there and all “old school” defenders. Very good keeper as well!
    • Con’s – Not much – Is Azpil first team? Soares and possibly Sanchez might only just sneak through qualifying but I’m nit picking here!

Midfielders
    • Pro’s – Ozil usually makes things tick and Alli always scores well.
    • Con’s – Don’t know too much about Herrera. Ozil and Alli 100% first teamers?

Strikers
    • Pro’s – Jaysus………………………suffering……………………fuck!
    • Con’s – Will “The Pig” play with Messi or Dybala? A lot of pressure on Lewa and big things expected at a young age from Mbappe

Redders Overall Rating: Very impressive – they will be gunning for the top slot IMO

Erkifino

D-Unit (inc GK)
    • Pro’s – All starters and he bought them for a song – some great bidding strategy His keeper already bagged a wedge of points
    • Con’s – Would think Arias and Danilo will be asked to bomb on – are they gonna leak goals because of it? I still question if Russia will qualify as well for Akinfeev

Midfielders
    • Pro’s – One of the world’s best in De Bruyne and a couple of big names around him………
    • Con’s – But will Reus and Koke play? Not sure either are first team (although Reus in great form since back from injury). Prob needs Zielinski to score well but does have the talent

Strikers
    • Pro’s – 3 absolute MONSTERS and the team is arguablly all playing towards their strengths
    • Con’s – It’s likley all 3 will qualify but in the knockout stages are the people behind them good enough to keep them in the ourney or feed them to make a difference?

Redders Overall Rating: Mythodical and slow on the bidding – but it’s for a reason – he seems the KING of the Draft thus far! IMO, it’s gonna take something to stop him again!

Evesham

D-Unit (inc GK)
    • Pro’s – Looks better the more you think about it. Trippier and Lich can easily get a load of assists. Hummels and Otamendi surely 1st choice and key DC
    • Con’s – Is Szezczczczczczzseczczcz gonna play or is it the MIGHTY Fabianksi (could be a fecking West Ham player soon )

Midfielders
    • Pro’s – Hmmmmmmmmmm – maybe some stardust with Isco and Kovacic?
    • Con’s – Not feeling this midfield sorry – TBH I don’t know much about Kovacic and Augusto but not screaming massive ppoints for me – Is Isco first team?

Strikers
    • Pro’s –
    • Con’s – Only issue is he might only be left with Greizmann after group stages! Is Salah fit? Oh aye – Greizman announced nothing is happeneing with his future tonight – cheers for that you fecking whopper!

Redders Overall Rating: Tough one to judge – might lose a lot of his MID and STR aftre group stage but they could have fun in that time! Defence is solid but I’m going out on a limb and saying lower than halfway!

GFRay

D-Unit (inc GK)
    • Pro’s – 2 of the best DC over past few years and Pisz had a fine rep
    • Con’s – Not sure Butland is gonna play – if no, that £15 down the pan

Midfielders
    • Pro’s – Di Maria oozes quality and 2 immense players in Kante and Busquets!
    • Con’s – I know nowt about the Mexican fella. Are Kante and Busquets gonna score well though? Typically DM do not do well in FF

Strikers
    • Pro’s – Werner could be the Golden Boot and can Adrien Silva realise his potential?
    • Con’s – But I’m not a great fan of this forward line. It might be my lack of knowledge but I’m not excited or fully confident of his Swiss and Portuguese fella and heck – even Werner are first choice?

Redders Overall Rating: Sorry pal but I do not think you have enough “big scorers” in your team to challenge. I could easily be made to eat my words if Werner starts though. But I think you’ll be fighting relegation!

Jayflo

D-Unit (inc GK)
    • Pro’s – Yesssssssssssss! We’re not fecking about here – all proper defenders that just wanna boot people up in the air and the ball into row Z
    • Con’s – Dunno much aboute Reyes. Hector first choice? Think so? Argie’s defence is fecking awful so Fazio needs to step up!

Midfielders
    • Pro’s – Bernardo Silva a lovely little player – needs to get things going for Ronnie. Paulinho and Cuadrado both Jekkyl and Hyde player but always pops up with something when you least expect it.
    • Con’s – Dunno the Croatian dude. Can’t say Paulinho really floats my boat. Big pressure IMO on Silva looking at those 4. Maybe Cuadrado can turn into the new Salah?

Strikers
    • Pro’s – Last years CM “wonderkid” and the one you love to hate – unless he’n in your team!
    • Con’s – Can Spain play to Costa’s strngths – seems unlikley? Embolo needs to start proving the hype as sounds like he’s going backwards and I don’t think he’s first team?

Redders Overall Rating: Solid defence but I think you may struggle for points ahead of that. Could do with Costa being the BEAST that he can be and bullyoing teams with a barrage of points for you. Halfway at best but I think you could be lower sorry

Jonnyforber

D-Unit (inc GK)
    • Pro’s – 2 crackers in Neuer and Rose if he gets forward. You maybe spent more money on Lovren and Rojo than needed?
    • Con’s – What Lovren will turn up?! Is Rojo first choice? Will Neuer stay fit?!

Midfielders
    • Pro’s – SIGGIIIIIIIIIII - Had a bad injury but he’s arguably his country’s “main man” Should get assist points through set pieces as well. If Witsel plays and gets himself in decent positions he could score well
    • Con’s – I’m in the dark about the other 2. I do like Corono beer though! Is Witsel first choice? Is Siggi’s confidence on the floor after a horrendous move to Swansea (he never wanted to leave Swansea) and the injury?

Strikers
    • Pro’s – They could get a goal and score a LOT between them………….
    • Con’s – Or struggle and get dropped and then maybe not get a look in? This is a very 50/50 section of your team where it could do either way

Redders Overall Rating: Bit of a mish mash of a team IMO. I do not see the desired quality for you to get pat halfway – could struggle in relegation spots but maybe these “unknowns” will destroy my prediction

London35

D-Unit (inc GK)
    • Pro’s – Yeah boi - I like it – should all start and rRmos and Marcelo LOVE the points!
    • Con’s – Fonte and Christensen gonna qualify? Uruguay keeper needs to be on top form to get further than knockout stage

Midfielders
    • Pro’s – Fecking creativity EVERYWHERE
    • Con’s – All maybe “punts” on them turning up and being the main men for their nations though – can they handle pressure and perform? Stand up and deliver please gentlemen!

BREAKING NEWS - Dzagoev went off today with what looks like a hamstring injury

Strikers
    • Pro’s – Lukaku has it all – it’s the big stage………………it’s his time with this “golden generation” – Can he conquer?!
    • Con’s – No idea on Jimenez

Redders Overall Rating: I’ve got a lot of time for this team. Seems a bit mad and could have great fun in group stages – but that’s where London35’s challenge may end. Above halfway but will stuggle to hit top places as the tourney goes on

Mark

D-Unit (inc GK)
    • Pro’s – All starters and should pick up regular points. Kolarov loves a set piece as well!
    • Con’s – Can “Willy” stop the Argies from leaking goals? Will Kompany stay fit and play?!

Midfielders
    • Pro’s – Probably the best midfield for young potential and most of them are realising it and growing!
    • Con’s – Time Pogba came to the party. IMO he’s been average at Man U since he joined. Asensio a cracking player – first choice? Bentacur could be young player of tournament if he can handle pressure. Sterling has a gash England scoring record – that needs to change!

Strikers
    • Pro’s – He's got one of the best players in the world in Neymar who should score points heavily in a good group. Mandz is a fine player and Hrvatska will need him to be on form. Martins is talented – can he show it?
    • Con’s – Will Martins get the chance? How will Neymar be after such a long time out?

Redders Overall Rating: Really like this team and s Mark fighting for the top 5 positions. The only worry I have is is whether 2 of his strikers will play/perform and qualify

Redknapp69 ( A BIG “Thanks” to Jayflo, Evesham and whoever else was on the SB helping me pick a team of the “dregs”)

D-Unit (inc GK)
    • Pro’s – Relatively happy that I sould have “starters” here. Could do with Meunir boimbing forward!
    • Con’s – Dunno if Swiss will qualify. Pretty sure Stones will start but not a given. Never convicned by Ospina

Midfielders
    • Pro’s – Again, should be 4 starters which is all I can ask. Need Iniesta and Tadic to get their teams going and chip in with points – they are my “big hopes”in reality in group stage
    • Con’s – Masch and Khedira may not score well as DMC’s. Will Tadic go out at group stage?

Strikers
    • Pro’s – Maybe Neymark will get injured then Bobby Firmino will be player of the tournament  If Sweden are gonna do anything it should involve Forsberg. Kramaric is a MASSIVE gamble
    • Con’s – Potential “bag ‘o’ nails” that will not play. I was fooked here for starters that had potential to get points

Redders Overall Rating: Lacking many starters that can score heavily. Reliant on 2 midfielders and various punts. Think I should be ok in defence. I will be deleighted if I do not come bottom

Trunky

D-Unit (inc GK)
    • Pro’s – Solid if unspectacular? Spent his cash elsewhere but most are starting and Mendy could have a field day given he should be fresh as a daisy and will have licesne to get forward. Croatia keeper could pick up group clean shee
    • Con’s – 3 of his 4 unit may not get through croup stages

Midfielders
    • Pro’s – This looks cracking. Muller always loves a WC and after a poor season what better time for him to come to the party! David Silva is a phenomenal player. Willian always brings something
    • Con’s – No idea on Delaney. Will Willian start? Could Mullers poor form continue and not get picked or play well?

Strikers
    • Pro’s – Rashford hiting form at the right time. Mertens very atlented and if he plays will surely get a load of opportunites to score heavy points in a ash group. Smolov needs to fire his group into group stage which is no given. The host nations hope?
    • Con’s – 5 goals and 0 for Smolov IIRC in first game? Not ideal! Rashford missed 2 days training so don’t see him starting the first game. Is Mertens first choice?

Redders Overall Rating: A few questions over quality and starters but if his midfield fire then I think he’ll be around the half way mark but not much higher

Good luck to one and all!

P.S – Will think of some haggle/transfer windo after group stage and announce in due course………..
    Last edited by Redknapp69; 15-06-18 at 12:57 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thought I had a Croatian goalie...

Great read that mate!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    D-Unit (inc GK)
    • Pro’s – Yesssssssssssss! We’re not fecking about here – all proper defenders that just wanna boot people up in the air and the ball into row Z
    • Con’s – Dunno much aboute Reyes. Hector first choice? Think so? Argie’s defence is fecking awful so Fazio needs to step up!

Midfielders
    • Pro’s – Bernardo Silva a lovely little player – needs to get things going for Ronnie. Paulinho and Cuadrado both Jekkyl and Hyde player but always pops up with something when you least expect it.
    • Con’s – Dunno the Croatian dude. Can’t say Paulinho really floats my boat. Big pressure IMO on Silva looking at those 4. Maybe Cuadrado can turn into the new Salah?

Strikers
    • Pro’s – Last years CM “wonderkid” and the one you love to hate – unless he’n in your team!
    • Con’s – Can Spain play to Costa’s strngths – seems unlikley? Embolo needs to start proving the hype as sounds like he’s going backwards and I don’t think he’s first team?
    D-Unit: All the defence are first choice and picked cos I expect all to get out of group and Germany to reach Semis. He is also a left back and Werner and Muller are perfect for him to whip crosses at.

Midfielders: Brazil's boss rates Paulinho very highly and will play him every game. I expect Brazil to get to the semis. That's my logic. Brozovic will start, not expecting anything more.

Strikers: Embolo has had a good season and expected to start. Costa is a big name gamble but if Spain reach the final as I expect, he will pick up goals along the way.

Re a few others: Isco and Witsel both starters as is Mertrens. Highly doubt Brandt will start. Renato Augusto definitely won't. Willian starting will depend on whether he prefers him or Firmino IMO cos i think both Jesus and Neymar will start. Koke and Reus in the same team is a big gamble from Erk, IMO.

As for a winner, I don't think there's any clear front runner. The one nation rule has levelled it out quite a bit IMO. Will be interesting to see how you work the window. I also think having XI players playing each round will make a massive difference.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JayFlo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I agree with the one nation rule has made everything a lot more tight. I think any one of us has potential to win.

My method came down to this.

3 defenders and GK should progress

Midfield has potential for goals and points missed out on signings I actually wanted in the midfield so had to make do glad to have hazard though.

Strikers Mitro has been happy and seems to be enjoying his football which is why i went with him seems to have grown up a little bit. Son also will be carrying the rest of his team. Aguero just needs to hit the ground running. He has had a rest which is nice i expect big things especially how his last time out went

8. The Following User Says Thank You to drkshadow1 For This Useful Post:

GFRay is online now 0102Bet Mod
    Member of the Month
    Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Redder’s Thoughts…………..

GFRay

D-Unit (inc GK)
    • Pro’s – 2 of the best DC over past few years and Pisz had a fine rep
    • Con’s – Not sure Butland is gonna play – if no, that £15 down the pan

Midfielders
    • Pro’s – Di Maria oozes quality and 2 immense players in Kante and Busquets!
    • Con’s – I know nowt about the Mexican fella. Are Kante and Busquets gonna score well though? Typically DM do not do well in FF

Strikers
    • Pro’s – Werner could be the Golden Boot and can Adrien Silva realise his potential?
    • Con’s – But I’m not a great fan of this forward line. It might be my lack of knowledge but I’m not excited or fully confident of his Swiss and Portuguese fella and heck – even Werner are first choice?

Redders Overall Rating: Sorry pal but I do not think you have enough “big scorers” in your team to challenge. I could easily be made to eat my words if Werner starts though. But I think you’ll be fighting relegation!
    Not enough big scorers he says... All of them besides perhaps Butland are starters for their team.

You're going to eat your words mate, trust me!
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!
    Want to have your tactic tested to see where it ranks? Join the Revamped Tactics League!
    Current stories: From Misfits To Champions: An Interactive Story, The Great Comeback: A Dutch Football Story and The Almere Boys: A Tale Of Friendship And Football

vCash
    I agree Redders my GK hmmmm, szec is rated higher by the coach but Fab is the fans fave MF is very dodgy , Salah is fit so who knows
    @Ray the English papers got Pickford starting for England' 1st eleven today

11. The Following User Says Thank You to evesham For This Useful Post:

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    Not enough big scorers he says... All of them besides perhaps Butland are starters for their team.

You're going to eat your words mate, trust me!
    Fighting talk - I like it

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great read, enjoyed that whilst eating brekkie this morning

Good luck to all, love that we've got lots to keep us occupied throughout the WC on here

I'm definitely aiming for top 5. Tried to get players who will get through to the knockout stages to keep my challenge going all the way! Martins and possibly Asensio excepted, I think I've got starters to earn the points too.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain
    Challenge Team
    vCash
    Hakimi was so close to his only chance of a clean sheet bonus

vCash
    Erk off already

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drkshadow1 View Post
    Erk off already

AJ has giminez I think. Clean sheet and a goal.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Erkifino For This Useful Post:

AJ

vCash
    Ssssssoooouuuuuuunnnnnnnnddddddd.

vCash
    Costa and Godin for me. Thank you kindly.

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    issed penalties/gk saved will have points as well.

I'll do an uodate once first round of games done

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Neymar well worth the fee I paid so far
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Well- he hasn't affected your position in table - you are doing well!

Dermo was bottom on minus points and then myself with about 2

vCash
    Kolarov probably done the business for me, Pogba too.

Neymar, Caballero, Bentancur, Kimmich, Mandzukic all disappointing so far.

Asensio and Martins didn't play. Kompany still injured and Sterling the only one yet to play.
    The Alphabet Game #3

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quick update after Round 1 of games (and also Russia v Egypt last night)

As I predicted, Erkifino is leading the way whilst Dermo is really struggling!

TRANSFER WINDOW

After the group games has finished you can have up to 3 free transfers for the remainder of the competition from remaining players (I have a list I'll post up)

Likely we'll have to do some quick auctions

Any Q's, let me know

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nice one, Redders. I'm quite happy to be 3rd!

Not sure how Neymar has got 8 points though

Just need my big names to shine now. Fully expect Caballero and Kimmich to pick up points now, and Neymar/Sterling to earn points. Need Asensio to be given a chance too.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Didnt know there was going to be transfers....picked my team accordingly..thinking try to have most of my 11 qualifying to get 4 games out of them...

vCash
    I'm sure we all planned it that way, but given there'll be some surprises along the way, the extra transfers will help if you've lost players in qualifying.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    My team is having a shocker!

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    early days...........unless your players get knocked out!

vCash
    Caballero
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    shaqiri

yellow for shirt off....dick!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123