Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Journey Manager - A side story by ZanSnake

vCash
    Melilla. They are not even Spanish !
    Other than that, a great set of results and Promotion is starting to look like a good bet

Is the transfer window closed ? Any chance for a late emergency loan for a central defender ?

Also good to see that Port Talbot have not dived like often happens.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    Melilla. They are not even Spanish !
    Other than that, a great set of results and Promotion is starting to look like a good bet

Is the transfer window closed ? Any chance for a late emergency loan for a central defender ?

Also good to see that Port Talbot have not dived like often happens.
    Closed.

Do have some transfer arranged for the summer, not suprisingly, defence is the key area i am looking at

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Is that 6 successful tackles on average per game for Cordo?

Great couple of months with the loss to Melilla the only sour note, to be 2nd though at this stage is a great achievement. With Alberto and Marky Mark on fire, with Kielty putting the ball on a plate for them the future looks bright.

Always good to see a former club performing well after you've left, Slatter, Thompson and Thomas are actually putting your trio to shame with their stats

100% record for January, just a shame about all the injuries, no surprise you took to the transfer market as well as cash in on some players surplus to requirements, let's hope it doesn't leave you short on numbers for the rest of the season.
    Probably from just the last three games

Built a really good side there, though makes it even better that i left early to build something more 'long-term'.

Got a few options from squad players, some which after reviewing (kinda signed whoever would join at the time ) thought maybe could get some cash for.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Great story so far! Port Talbot was certainly a challenge at the beginning but once you established your methods, you were unstoppable. Nice to win the league and cup double despite shying away from the media. Tony Adams as assistant.

Some nice wheeling and dealing with Bembibre so far and I think you'll attain promotion quite easily. I really struggled in that division with a similar situation to yours at Barco. I blew most of the transfer budget on two or three players and couldn't get the numbers or quality in to make a competitive team. You look to have put your budget to much better use than I did.

Keep it up.

vCash
    Chapter Two:
    - Impress with Success -

After such a good start of the year, I was excited to go on and push for possibly more glorious wins. With a few injuries – and bans – I had to start rotating the squad a bit more to make sure that not one area would be short.

Talking of short.

It had been a short time since I last spoke to my agent, Lou Roll, who I last saw being exported out of the local castle wearing some kind of wrestling attire. Not one to push a conversation, I was pleasantly surprised to receive a call from my seemingly disappeared agent.

The Photo Lou uses for Promotions

“Zanny! It’s me, Lou! Sorry about that little fracas at the wrestling show, me and your dad was gonna tear the castle down with a tag team masterpiece. But, those fascists couldn’t understand the showmanship that we were gonna do! Anyway, I digress.”

With a short pause, Lou’s voice started to take a serious tone.

“You’re doing beautiful as manager, but there is an issue with the whole family situation. Your father is a renowned, global, star. In both wrestling and in the film industry. If you could be seen with him, only for a short while, your profile will blow up immensely!”

His words dug a little. If my ‘fame’ could really improve with just a short period with my Dad, then maybe it could be worth it. But then, wouldn’t it be better that I reached any merriment on my own accolades rather then my family coattails?

“Look Zan, think it over. My time is up and I don’t want to keep Juan waiting any longer for his back massage - he gives me enough grilling anyway! I’ll contact you in a few weeks, and we’ll talk it over.”

With an abrupt end, I had something to consider as February came to the forefront…

Into my short tenure so far as Bembibre’s manager, it was both Kielty and Marky Mark that has bee one of the cornerstone of the success so far. Alberto, Bekrar, and Germán have also helped eased the amount of integration time to a relative short period. And, in such, allows me to be confident that come the end of the season we would no longer be in this league!

This was definitely amplified with the first win of February, with a comfy 2-0 home win against Ceuta, a Yachou brace in the first half was enough to see off the relegation battlers and gave us another step closer to coming into the top spot!

A step which could be taken when we had to go to Arrecife on Lanzarote!

A Canary Island renowned for a party holiday destination, was the perfect place for us to take the top spot for the first time this season. U.D. Lanzarote themselves were finding themselves in the bottom half of the table, pushing closer for relegation.

I couldn’t help but hope we could seal their fate into the relegation places as well as placing us at the top.

And Marky Mark started it from the get go, as Yachou did a lovely lobbed pass forward for him to volley into the back of the net. Right back added a second in the dying minutes of the first half. Marky Mark rounded off the game with a last minute goal at the end to seal the 3 points and for us to reach the top spot!

With a 3 point lead over Melilla, It was imperative we gained advantage of this as far as we could, and that would be despite the suspensions of two of our key players against Ciudad de Murcia.

As usual, we used the negative as determination, taking the lead through Kielty with 35 minutes on the clock in what would turn out to be a boring first half.

The second half, in comparison, would be an example of footballing entertainment. Yachou thought he had scored the sealer ten minutes, after a lovely play by Marky Mark, but the away side decided no.

Not even a minute later, de Murcia had scored a consolation thanks to Jaoquín scoring his 16th of the season so far. It was surprising to say the least after the lack of threat from the away side, but they then scored an equaliser after substitute younger González snatched one after not been tracked.

With backs to the wall, it was Bekrar who stepped up for the late winner with a superb free-kick into the top corner.

Unfortunately it was the game after that would be the game that would be against us. 3-0 down by half-time, it was an abysmal display from captain Mel who was subbed off. Despite our best efforts to try and claw a point, we could only suffice to score two back to make the defeat less embarrassingly.

Despite the loss, we still maintained the 3 point lead over Melilla. Annoyed that we couldn’t add to the lead, it determined me for the next month to be undefeated and to show that we are gunning for promotion and– if possible – the title!

The first challenge for the quest was Betis B which we had to scrap for a point after Fernando brace silenced us for ten minutes. Alberto was able to step for the last 2 minutes of the first half to score a brace himself. The second half didn’t hold as much entertainment for 1995 that came to the game, but we salvaged enough to see off the game with a point.

A bounce-back against Díter Zafra with a 0-3 away win felt like redemption, as Izquierdo got a rare brace and Marky Mark sealed the winner. It was Rachide Yachou who was the match winner against U.D. Las Palmas with no only a goal, but the assist-maker for the 2-1 win.

After the game I got back to my house to find an anonymous letter from the Board of Directors who detailed how they were all delighted with the recent results, and pleased with the way I was managing the team.

Pleased, I sat back to watch the news only to hear some shocking football related news…

Rafa Benitez was sacked as Valencia manager after finding himself in the middle of the table. Benitez had saw a successful tenure in charge – initially – winning the La Liga and Champions League, following with a Spanish Cup winner in the last season. But enough was enough for ‘Rafa’ and he was no longer ‘gaffer’ for the side.

With the praise still ringing in my ears, I knew what I would have to do – as my agaent Lou Reed would want me to do too – and handed in my CV.

After applying, I couldn’t help but hope there was some extra eyes paying attention as we faced Dos Hermalas away. A gruelling first 44 minutes until Yachou scored a minute later from a last ditch cross from Alberto to give us a lead into the break.

A minute into the second half, Marky Mark was headbutted which was resulted with a man advantage, but we couldn’t take a positive advantage until the last ten minutes, which saw both Marky Mark and Izquierdo score to make it [b]a 0-3 away win.[b]

Unfortunately, those eyes weren’t impressed. Instead of going for myself, they went to Real Betis’s Victor Fernánez for the new man in the dugout, and former boss Rafa went to the recent vacancy at Rayo Vallecano de Madrid.

As I heeard the dissapointing new, I got more after Italian Mazani – a youngster I brought in for options at left back – failed to return after being allowed to leave for a few weeks. A fine and a transfer listing later, I hope to never see him again.

With a game at home, I wanted to see an easy victory against relegation battlers Atlético Deva to ease a stressful day; but instead it was frustrating game where we failed to add to Yachou’s 10th goal of the season. To add more salt to the wound, the away side got an unlikely last minute goal to steal a point home.

A sighing result, It was transfer time in England as Tottenham Hotspur got a player that has a lot of potential and -some might say – came a bit too soon in his career to the cold weather of England.

After another distraction, I had to refrain myself for the last game of the month. Maybe it wasn’t the football that had me searching for headlines elsewhere. Lou’s words had ignited something in me. If I am going to go for the glory, should I take the easiest route? Or make my own merriment with my own success?

Ramón de Carranza

A trip to Cádiz was the perfect opportunity to, again, distract my mind from family crap. One of the oldest cities in the western europe, the southwestern team has been mid-table all season. Only there 3rd season at this level, they look settled for further stint in the division.

With an unchanged side from the disappointing draw against Deva, all I could hope is that the frustration would spur determination for a better result. And within 6 minutes, it didn’t look that way as the home side scored.

Which is audacious, when the man assisting was their goalkeeper…

After becoming a play-maker, Pedro then turned to become a super-stopper, denying opportunity after opportunity for an equaliser. But-like every rose has it’s thorn - Pedro soon hit his breaking point as Cordo crossed a low-hard ball to which Alberto simply finished into the back of the net.

Izquierdo played it perfectly for Marky Mark for the 2nd goal in the second half, and Yachou dealt the finishing blow with a terrific solo goal just 5 minutes later. His 11th of the season, Yachou has stepped up since been handed a chance at the number 10 role – Kielty shifting to the right wing.

After a mix month, in which we dropped points twice, the lead we have over second is down to a single point. The loss against Motril now seems to be a decisive loss as they are the team pushing us at the moment.

Still the best goalscorers in the league, if we could keep out-scoring the opposition then we can continue having a hold on top spot. Even though it doesn’t matter where we finish – we all will qualify for the Promotion Group Stage – it matters to me dammit!

With two months left of the season, all I can do is push on for more of the same. And in the end, it is better to impress with my own success then to cling onto others. Or otherwise, I would be another cowboy, singing his sad, sad song….
    Last edited by ZanSnake; 13-02-19 at 04:33 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Chapter Two:
    - The Final Run -

With a busy April with 5 games and with May with only 2 games, it is going to be a tough run of fixtures as we try to continue our impressive form into the final run of the season. It’s a time to also start thinking about next season, and the team in the bigger leagues.

With players that have sat around just getting pay-checks, failing to make any impressions with limited chances, or just not being as good as I hoped they would be: if would be a summer of changes no matter what.

I would be getting out the old guillotine, for some heads to be chopped!

The first step on the run towards the end of the season is Jumilla away. A 1-0 home win with a single goal from Alberto in the reverse fixture, I am hoping that we can break down the defence a little more frequently, taking our chances with an impressive finishing rate.

A dull outing in the first-half seemed to inspire a more action-packed second. Three goals in all, we were able to be the better team with just a single goal in the last five minutes. Marky Mark broke the dead-lock on the hour mark, which the home side responded on 15 minutes later.

But, as what has been quite frequent as of late, we weren’t giving up until the final minute as Yachou unleashed onto a parried save from the goal-keeper to slip in the winner. 1-2 on the score sheet, which felt a fair result with the groove of the play.

After a month absence, Manzani finally arrives back to the club after the game. His decision to return didn’t seem to cause a big stir in the squad as the coaches think, but offers have been coming in for him. Hopefully the Italian would be one of the first heads to roll come the summer, with more than enough back-ups planned.

Alongside news of Manzani’s return is the relegation of Mallorca B from the Second Division B. With over 20 losses and a leaking defence, only a running tap would leak more! It always amazes me how a B side could do so badly, especially the bigger clubs. With players worth more than my whole team, you would’ve thought they would be higher up the table?

But again, that wasn’t any of my business….

It is a short plane ride for our next opponents as Univ. Las Palmas came to try and avenge the 1-4 away thrashing we gave them last time out. Though I would love to say it was because we were just that superior, it was more down to the one man advantage then anything.

Revenge did indeed seem sweet as Nacho Sierra – the man who scored in the previous fixture – gave them the lead ten minutes in. Instantly after scoring, they went into defending the lead.

7 minutes later Marky Mark headed the ball into the back of the net for the equaliser, if it wasn’t cruelly ruled offside. It would’ve been fine if it was the once, but it was twice after a brilliant one-two resulted in Yachou smashing into the back of the net.

Thankfully we were finally able to score a goal – onside, or so they say – as defender Recio headed in a Ramón corner for the equaliser. 8 minutes later, it was another defender as right back Barrena scored the second of the goal for us.

The second half was even, either team testing their respective keepers but without breaking the walls down. That was until Mel was force to come off on the 77th minute and Litos came on for his 3rd game of the season. And showed why that was after conceding an easy goal 5 minutes later to Nacho Sierra.

A disappointing late few minutes dented my happiness as we should’ve taken all three points, but in the end, the single point was enough!

And even though we had dropped to second, we had enough to match Motril to be in the play-offs!

With the disappointment still ringing in our ears, we march into Melilla wanting to avoid another result in that manner. But with Litos now our number one goal-keeper, my stress levels have certainly reason.

As duly not wanted, it was indeed a boring affair as neither side really punished the other with feint attempts on goals and neither keeper being tested more then the other. Another point on our travels in a 0-0 draw meant that at least we earned a clean sheet in five games.

Again on our travels, we were able to perform a lot better with a nice away win against Corralejo, who we forced to not have a single shot! Plus, we scored the same amount we did the last time we faced them which was 2-0.

The last game of the season – excluding the play-off group stage – against an already relegated Horadada, I decided to mix up some first team starters with some youth and squad players.

With hope some players might step up to save their heads from leaving copme the start of June, instead they made it the opposite! An immensely annoying 1-3 loss underlined the problems we faced apart from the normal starting eleven. Litos and Recio especially being horrific resulted in final warnings, I am a lot more sceptically about how we’ll be next season without real investment…

A large inhale of relief as we ended the season – excluding play-offs – with our full eleven ready for the away match against mid-table Algeciras.

Straight away the difference in quality was easy to see as within 10 minutes, we had two goals (Fernando ‘3 and Ibáñez ‘9) to our name. Germán then decided to push over the oppositions striker for an early bath, but that didn’t stop Yachou adding a 3rd.

The home side did have something to celebrate as Axier scored on back four minutes from the end of the game, but rightfully we won by 1-3.

The final table of the full season saw us drop to second, mostly because of my stupid decision to mess around with the squad in the last home game. But with the most goals scored and the second best defence in the league, we had clearly shown our worth to be fighting for promotion.

The squad choices for the first Promotion Game would be a little more limited then I would want however….

With an easy replacement for Germán at centre-back, it was the replacement of Cordo that was going to be the problem. With only the home-sick and perpetual child Manzani as the only natural choice, it might be the case of someone dropping into the role for the one game and hoping for the best.

Fingers crossed!
    Last edited by ZanSnake; 13-02-19 at 04:31 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Best of luck in the playoffs mate, a hell of a season either way but promotion really would be the icing on the cake.

Did you not apply for the Betis job when their manager replaced Rafa at Valencia?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Best of luck in the playoffs mate, a hell of a season either way but promotion really would be the icing on the cake.

Did you not apply for the Betis job when their manager replaced Rafa at Valencia?
    Indeed i did, but got nothing so decided not to mention it

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    A shame but understandable, if it was a struggling team in the league above you may have had a shot but with Valencia and Betis in the top league and your rep not much in Spain yet then you didn't have much of a chance sadly.

vCash
    Congrats on making the playoffs with an unfancied club. I guess the level of competition goes up a notch from here.

It's a bit early to get a La Liga job, but a promotion can only help your reps. Another season with Bembibre won't do any harm, but I will bet that a Segunda job comes up in the summer (if not before)

vCash
    Chapter Two:
    - Promotion? -

It has been a long stretch thus far, but finally it was time for a proper ending. Would it be glorious? Would it be a face-palm?

It could be either or. Each team had earned their right for promotion, and now it would come down to a group of the best teams from each Division B group to determine who would be promoted.

For us it would be C.D. Linares.

Not wanting to waste around with formalities, I got the player’s trained at the ready from the first minute.

Going with what had brought us the success all season – and me, all career – it was the same tactic with the only forced chance of Izquierdo playing at left back.

At first it seemed Juan prospered at the element of a deeper role, being a solid addition to the team as we began the game clear favourites for the three points. But it was a game of tension, as moves were squandered and defended well.

This was a clear indication that we wouldn’t always be bossing the game. But nonetheless, the tide came in our favour as just over 30 minutes played, Yachou was hounded to no space to shoot, deciding to instead play it for Alberto. With no need for a second invitation, Alberto was in no rush to score the first goal of the game!

Ecstatic the 1,952 fans roared to support the home side. We had taken the first show at glory, added brilliantly just two minutes later when Alberto was brought down for Bekrar super free-kick to add more meat to our prized plate.

The celebrations were slightly dulled down a bit as the away side was able to grab one back in the dying minutes of the half but, we had taken the lead at half-time. Jubilation rang round and round, and I was making it all by myself!
    I could do this anywhere. Anytime. And it was just another accolade to my ever-building CV!

Promotion was on the tips of my lips, and that was our war-cry for the second half!

If the first-half performance was our best act, then the second-half was our worse. After initially starting off well, crafting chances for both our strikers but falling flat, the absorbent Linares slowly regained more control as the minutes went by.

As the dull sword of Marky Mark couldn’t slice through bread, nevermind butter, it was simple to see that performances was dropping. Going for a straight back 4-4-2 to try and regain some numbers in central midfield, my plan backfired.

And on the last minutes of the game, Linares pounced on tired legs. First: a sublime Serrano dribble that could rival Maradona was capped off with a fierce finish to blow a devastating equaliser, the second: an agonising last ditch long range shot from the same man just wide of the shot.

Come the final whistle, my jubilation turned into dismay. The harsh realities of the beautiful game came back to haunt me like the roar of a hungry wolf. I am nothing but a plentiful sheep, begging for mercy to the cruel tempter of the footballing Gods.

Please don’t take this away this close.

For the first journey in this promotion group, we were off to León to face down Cultural. With an away win already notched against Binéfar, they were the favourites to push on for promotion. Though it was a great attacking display in the first off with a two goal haul, it was the impressive defensive showing in the second – with a blip for a single goal for the home side – that made them the better team favoured team.

I wanted no excuses however.

The team lacked focus in the last game and some stars didn’t turn up, especially Marky Mark. There was no holiday planned yet, and no right to either. We are fighters. Warriors. Going against all the odds for the chance for glory, and we shouldn’t just lay down because others had written us off. We had done it all season for nothing but pride, and now we had a chance to change that.

The party could be arranged when there was something to party about!

And now we had. A terrific performance from Marky Mark, assisting Kielty and scoring twice, was the kind of response I wanted. It would’ve been perfect, if not for Cordo’s stupidity to push over his opponent resulting in a 3 match ban.

The absence of an actual left-back didnt hamper our second home match in the Promotion showdown, but a terrific goalkeeping from 21 year old Dani. With 13 attempts on goal, not a single goal was scored despite our best efforts.

Though it wasn’t much different for the away side, as our defence was solid throughout though there was seemingly too much ill discipline with the back line as three of the four was yellow carded with Bekrar too.

Dropping two points meant we were swaying in the wind like a leaf on a cold morning breeze. And, with like any breeze, we could go further away or come closer to our target depending on the next direction.

With the ampitude still resounding behind us, it did seem that our name was finally be heard about. Maybe, this club could get back-to-back promotions? The Silent Manager could usher another push for the impossible?

It would be a six hour long bus drive to the other side of Spain to help decipher that, as we travelled to face Linares once again.

Both ourselves and Linares faced the same situation. One draw and one win in our other two games meant that we basically in an ultra important deciding game. With how well we performed in the home game in the first half, I was praying that we could start off as well once more…

It was a bright start!

Kielty was a keen threat on the wing, constantly threating the full-back with his trickery and making crosses into the box for Alberto and Mark Mark to latch onto. Ramón was doing the same on the other side, meaning that we had constistent sources for attacks.

Funny enough, however, it was down the middle where the game started to take form. A goalkick up field was flicked on by Yachou which was collected by Marky Mark who, from a tight angle, curled it into the top corner for his 25th goal of the season!

His invisible display in the reverse fixture had been completely forgiven as he came close near after for his second! As was the rest of the team, but Miguel Montes was in top form to deny a second….

Until Alberto rounded him from a lovely cross by make-shift left back Izquierdo to seal the lead until the end of the first half.

A terrific first half, all the lads had to do was not to bottle it for the second part. And, to their credit, the lads didn’t. What started a nervous wreck as they scored hust 6 minutes into the restart, slowly became a confident, competent defensive shift.

Any attack was nullified in the centre of midfield, causing a battle that nullified any attack from each team. We started to back off the possession in order to organise, roughly giving the home side 54% possession in the overall of the game, but we had done our part. And with the final whistle, was one step closer to promotion.

And that was thanks for the Alberto and Marky Mark goalscoring talents coming up for the first time in a game since April.

In order to properly seal our role as a promoted side we needed to gain a result at home against Cultural. Hopes were high, especially with the convincing win we had in the previous result which saw Marky Mark score a brace.

Wondering how in the world we could top such a terrific performance, the lads decided to answer that supposed-rhetorical question….

With a dominant display, spear-head by the hat-trick hero Alberto, who had now scored 22 goals throughout the season, meaning that between both strikers we have scored over 47 goals by themselves!

The impressive form of the top two awarded with the outstanding news once the game was over as, finally, we had secured our passage into the Second Division!

The fans sang with jubilation, and a smile etched across my face. And in my pocket, I received a call from a man in prison: Lou Roll!

Unfortunately, I didn’t answer as I too much downing cheap Spanish champagne and being thrown in the air by the lads. Not a perfect mixture I might add, as instead of seeing the night out with the same happiness, it was me puking into the porcelain buddy….

The final game of the campaign came with a smile. Our job was already done, this was a nice little away trip to Binéfar, but I still gave the travelling fans to see the best 11 I could get out. It was a boring first half to be fair, but it was an intense second half!

A half which saw both teams step up from their drab first half, the home side took the lead twice before we ultimately stole the worthless point. In the end, it was a throw-a-way game which did nothing but add more goals for both Yachou and Marky Mark.

22, 26 and 15 goals from Alberto, Marky Mark and Yachou was the ultimate reward for the team. Adding in their assists as well, the trio attributed up to 87 goals to the club this season. Which, also adding in Ged Kielty’s contribution from the second striker role and right wing, would improve massively to 107 goals.

The team played more together as an attacking unit my time in Wales, whih I relied mostly on Marky Mark for, but for whom looks at his goal rate in the last two seasons will see a prolific striker!

A man after my own heart, it was clear that the most expensive transfer I have made in my career had definitely paid off. A professional job done exceedingly well.

But, as my guest would come to say, this wasn’t a professional vocation I was doing… As late one morning, I was awoken by a thudding at my door.

“Zan! You bastard! You didn’t answer my calls, I was getting worried that you had been turned by this sleepy, sangria drinking locals. I just got out of the joint, and we need to talk about profile son,”
    said Lou the instant I opened the door.

Zan: And what would that be?

“First, I’ve decided to be more personal in my approach to being your agent: more one-on-one. Thinking of sticking around a lot more, know more about you personally. If I can taste your shit, the better I can sell it! These bozos will eat anything in their little fiestas’, why not a little public image?”

Zan: So what does that mean?

“My suitcases are just outside the gate, and I'll contact some new furniture tomorrow. Guess we’ll be bed buddies for tonight!”

Zan: What?!

“Secondly, we need to rethink this part-time bullshit! You are going to be a star! And you need to be getting to them professional clubs. Maybe the silent shtick ain’t going to cut it any-more… Nah, ain’t like you talk any Spanish!”

Saying that he smacked my arm and looked around my home, seemingly annoyed by the small nature of it. Looking around in particularly at my small living room, a small bird flew into view of the window, causing Lou to jump…

To pull out a gun and shoot the bird. Bursting into feathers before, I turned to the rather on edge Lou who just shrugged his shoulders.

“Hey, that’s dinner sorted then, any beer round this joint?”

I slowly pointed towards the fridge, as the sudden realisation that this man was now my immediate room-mate, shook me to my very core. The man who just shot a bird for landing within view of my window is now sharing my bed?

Where’s the nearest hotel….

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I always love the names - what an effort!

vCash
    Never in doubt, not when you have Marky Mark playing for you.

I wonder what comes next, but I expect that Lou will have something to say about it.

vCash
    Great job winning promotion with a match to spare. I'm sure a bigger club will be interested in your services before long. If not, I imagine Bembibre will become a full time club in the Segunda division.

Lou Roll

vCash
    Chapter Three:
    - A New Step -

It should’ve been a lovely break from another successful season coming to an end. To feel the sunny rays burn upon my snow-white skin, finally a chance to revel in my new ‘home’ country – where thousands come for holiday each year.

It should’ve been a well-earned piece of bliss, but unfortunately, it wasn’t.

The abridged answer as to why, would be in the portly shape of my new room-mate, and still agent, Lou Roll. Though it wasn’t merely his presence in my home that ruined my summer, but rather, the nightmare of waking up to his face every morning.

“Morning Zanny- time to earn some cash!”

He would quote every morning like a routine ritural, though it seemed I was the only bread maker in the household, and with a glimmer that he had something up his sleeve rather then some quick scheme.

“What we need is a decisive plan to turn your part-time success into the big-time promise! So I am thinking, go big! Bring big players to the club, no matter the cost and then win. Once you show your a big fish in a small pond, they’ll come snapping at your heels!”

Remembering his master-plan and thinking maybe he was right, I decided it was time to push the envelope of my career. It’s time to go big, or go bust!

And that’s certainly what I did….

Transfers

With cash in the bank and us fighting some toothy dogs in the pit, I decided to go for some charge fans to help keep us in the fight. Even though we slaughtered the Second Division B, it would be a major ask for the club do anything without bolstering the squad.

So between the 19th June to the 23rd August, the club saw no less than 15 players entering club and dipping into the transfer funds with over £1 million spent bringing them in.

In-Coming

Code:
    Date Player In From Fee --- ----- ----- ---------- ------ ------- ------------------------- ---- ----- - 19.6.03 Roberto Calvo Free Transfer Bos 19.6.03 Yohann Poulard Le Mans Bos 19.6.03 Iván Campos Deportivo Bos 19.6.03 Gomez Jerez Bos 23.6.03 Jó Jerez Bos 25.6.03 Oumar Tchomogo Créteil £300K 30.6.03 Lorenz Kindtner SV Roeselare Bos 1.7.03 Guido Gorges Hannover 96 Bos 1.7.03 Christian Zodrow Verl Bos 1.7.03 Davide Carrus Cagliari Bos 1.7.03 Björn Arens Lübeck Bos 2.7.03 Gianluca Atzori Empoli Bos 25.7.03 José Antonio Luque Recreativo £375K 4.8.03 Gennady Antwerp £275K 19.8.03 Stefan Kühne Mainz £30K
    The key area for recruitment was the defence. With that in mind I was able to capture a few players that I thought could be key to making sure we would be as solid as possible.

One being Bjön Arens, an experienced German centre-back who would no doubt be playing left back with his crossing ability and pace. Coming in as a bosman from Lübeck he offers a lot more options.

One of a few new German signings, Arens was soon joined by compatriot Guido Gorges, free from Hannover 96. The same age as Arens, Guido looks set to be the rock for my defence. With possibly Italian Gianluca Atzori being the man to partner up with him, making an experience pair over the inexperienced that I had last season.

Other new options include first signing in Yohann Poulard from Le Mans, a 27 year-old Frenchman with over 100 games under the bag, and then Spanish youngsters Gomez and Roberto Calvo vying for any options for any possible hinderance peroids – or a quick cash in.

The other major position was the goal-keeping choices I had, with only Mel and young De La Cruz at the club with Litos leaving, I decided that would be one of the places i’d look to use some money.

First was Luque who joined from Recreativo for £375k, a decent for a number of years it could be the man to call upon or at least use now we would be in the Spanish Cup. But, it was Gennady from Antwerp for only just £275k that excited me. A Belarusian first choice, we were able to steal him from the orginal £575k price mark Atwerp wanted.

Four years younger then Mel, he is a choice I hope would make the money back with some stunning saves. If not, then an international star at the club would only increase shirt sales…

With added amount of games and, no doubt, increase intensity meaning meaning we would need more depth, I decided to venture for some additional options elsewhere. Signings such as Iván Campos and Jó show some decent options for midfield roles, one for the centre (encase for a flat 4-4-2 option occurrs) and the other a more forward right midfielder.

International Lorenz Kindtner is another player who could take dual-roles if needed, as either the second-striker or a moving forward in a 4-5-1, he adds enough quality to be a threat as a great crosser and passer.

But it was Davide Carrus who excited me most from the midfield roles, as he could play both second-striker and right wing, added an over-all quality, and at 24 year-old would add a long-term option for the club – even when I leave. All the better then he joined on a Bosman!

Taking a bit deeper in midfield, I found an amazing option for the Defensive midfield role that had been taken by Bekrar. Though solid throughout the whole of last season, questions arouse about if he could step that kind of form in such a bigger league, which in term came the transfer of another German player, Christian Zodrow from Verl.

24 year old, Zodrow was once again a transfer made for now and the future!

The final German signing was my best, in my opinion, though the most expensive as he was signed for £30k from Mainz but as a left wing choice – which only 31 year-old Ramón as the only exception choice (sorry Izquierdo) – Stefan Kühne offers more of an all-out attacking choice. With his crossing and dribbling ability alone should be enough to rake a few assists, he is the last player to join the club.

But there was always one niggling nightmare I had for the forth-coming season, and that was that none of the strikers would be able to step up. Call it insanity, intuition or whatever, I couldn’t take away the feeling that 32-year old Alberto wouldn’t be able to replicate another 22 goal haul season.

Or that the limited talents of Yachou would bite us, despite his impressive and surprising run of form last season.

Chasing the dream of the professional game meant I had to dip my hand to find someone I thought would be the star-striker… Sorry Marky Mark….

Beninan striker Oumar Tchomogo joins for £300k from Crétell in the French Second Divison, and looks to me to be a perfect leading striker. Good movement, good dribbling, perfect finishing ability – all signs that he should score the goals! And being our second most expensive signing, I would be hoping he would do so!

Out-going

Code:
    Date Player Out To Fee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 1.6.03 Litos U. Madeira £50K 18.6.03 Björn Released Free 1.7.03 Jörg Maier Reutlingen £30K 2.7.03 Joaquín Roger Released Free 2.7.03 Francisco Javier Lago Released Free 3.7.03 Robert Rosario Released Free 4.7.03 Armarillo Lemona £18K 5.7.03 José Luis Recio Ciudad de Murcia £20K 12.7.03 Germán Lealtad £20K 30.7.03 Pedro Ibáñez Grabasa £18K 10.8.03 Dimitri Cordier La Calamine Lo
    an
    With some many players in-coming, I had to get rid of some players to help build the vision for the next season. With a few cash-ins on players we didn’t spend money on, we were able to make £110k, with some players have percentages for future moves.

As I did last season, however, I will most likely be continuing to sell or loan players out in order to make sure no players wasted at the club…

During my transfer gathering, my agent decided to worm himself into my vocational space as my personal assistant. When questioned about why, Lou would only tell me to concentrate on the players and he would sort the staff.

At first I didn’t understand what he was mentioning, as I heard that my coach Adolfo Aldana had left the club with us getting around £40k compensation.

This turned Lou’s head and he started to re-evaluate my staff members, with scour Serer being allowed to leave with coach José Quintero.

But coming in saw 8 additions, including a complete revamp of my scouting team with a total of 5 scouts joining the team.

Relaxing back after a busy summer, I was ready for the season more with the additions made. Though the club are in financial woe, all that matters to me is making an impression to become a professional manager.

Ready for the next step in my career….
    Last edited by ZanSnake; 15-02-19 at 04:23 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Next update not out till Tuesday minimum as away for weekend

vCash
    Chapter Three:
    - Second Division Start -

After a stressful summer trying to gather as many stars as I could, and being rejected for professional clubs, I decided the best way to weasel into the top game would be to make another statement.

Another statement using my current club and the success we would gain, especially with our first venture into the Spanish Cup. A decent cup run would earn reputation with each win, as well as more money.

With no relaxation for my throughout preseason, and with only a few days before the season starting, it was time for a little relaxtion at home. A weekend with nothing but peace and positive atmosphere. Starting off, of course, with a relaxing soak in a bubble bath.

Sharing everything with my agent has made tension rise around the place, especially as I was learning more about the person he was. Barricading the bathroom door, I finally have moments of peace to myself.

Stripping to my naked skin, and dunking my vitals into the warm-water in the tub, the liquid already started to wash away the months of stress and tension. Relaxing my tush within the elixir, my mind started to settle.

That was until a gunshot roared into the picture…

I charged out of the bath, tore down my temporary defence of peace, and rushed towards the sound of origin of the gunshot. As I marched into the bedroom, I saw an odd scene set out in front of me.

As I entered the room, I saw Lou stood there with his gun in hand over what I presumed was a dead thief. In the background, the crying murmurs of a naked woman only covered by the bed sheet she shielded herself with, another local conquest of Lou’s womanising. Lou casually reloaded his pistol as blood started to soak into the cream carpet.

“Wow Zanny, seeing a lot of ya!”

Zan: What the hell is going on!? Is that a dead man??

“Cool down Zanny-boy, nothing to squirm about at. Just a little love rivalry. Now get some clothes on! We got some cleaning up to do.”

After grabbing the clothes that Lou threw to me, and as the hysterical woman was ushered into the closet by prospect of the gun barrel, I hurriedly got change to deal with the dead body that laid on my floor. When I got closer, I recognised the face of the man: my landlord!

Wrapping the body, I started to loose my shit – as would anyone.

Zan: Lou what the fuck! We are fucked! What are we going to do? Man, I thought we were going to go big, hit the limelights! Not sent down for murder – or an associate of murder – and then kidnapping!!

“Chill Zanny, it’s not my first murder. You do know I come from the USA? Killing someone is like an anger therapy release. Look while you were lolly-gagging about with the football schtick, I was building connections! It’s always important to have connections, Zanny-boi, they can really help you out when you’re in a shitty situations.”

Zan: WELL I am sorry that I don’t going around shooting every Tom, Dick and Harry that I speak too! If you’re not aware, that is my landlord in the middle of that carpet, and my landlady that you locked in the closet!

“Well, after the morning she and I had, I don’t think she’ll be in there for long...”

Zan: Was that a joke about her being a lesbian? Are we making jokes now, Lou? Well okay, how about the one where I march down to the police station and rat on your arse!

“That wouldn’t be a good idea, Zanny. Firstly; I have a bit of a reputation to hold and going back to the slammer wouldn’t do that any good; and secondly: you don’t speak Spanish so none of those spooks would know one shit that you would be talking about! Now, stop bitching and listen!”

Calming my breathing, I tried to listen to my senile, insane agent and partner in crime with a focused mind – depsite the six foot long corspe leaking blood onto the floor.

“I know this man who owes me a favour, will sort out the body. He can forge some documents so that this guy can vanish and sell this house to us, and his missus just loves my package; I mean she salivates whenever she hears my name, practically pounces on me before I utter a word, but damn is it intense!”

Zan: I know Lou, I am sometimes right next to you!

“Yeah, that’s starting to get a little weird. You either need to start joining in or watching in the corner Zany, because this voyuer thing being up and personal is slowly creeping her out!”

Zan: Right, let’s not get distracted here, we need to sort this out!

“Zanny-boi, chill! Just leave this all up to me, and you continue being the Silent star out there!”

I nodded in haste, just wanting to get away as soon as possible. I charged back into the bathroom, slamming the door behind and crunched to the floor with cries of utter distress. What has my life become!

Leaving Lou to fix the mayhem he caused, I tried to escape thinking about the situation with the welcoming clutches of my first season in the Spanish Second Division. With all my focus pushing for our first game against Numancia, I started to think over the formation and the first eleven selection in context of the options I had available.

To bet against us playing the 4-4-2 diamond would be a fools bet, as a tactic that has brought me nothing but success since taking use in Wales, it is my go to choice for the team. My selection, however, was based upon the reflection that this team wouldn’t do well if relying on players from the previous season.

Bekrar and Marky Mark are the only players who offered something that I thought would still benefit the team, and Alberto’s age creeping into thinking he might have to deal with a super-sub role form now on.

It was a solid performance in our first game in the league, specifically the defence which saw each member get a positive match rating and Atzori earning the Man of the Match award.

The next game was our First venture into the Spanish Cup, as we travelled to Terrassa, a team playing in the Second Division B, in the Preliminary Round in which Alberto would start with Lorenz Kindtner playing behind.

Alberto’s first start – as he had a short cameo in the first home game – meant his first goal of the season in a hard fought win. Home goalkeeper Fernando Maestro was on top form, denying some decent attempts from set pieces and the attackers, only denied by a solid header from Guido Gorges for his first goal of the season.

With the confirmation that we were into the next round, we were then awaiting the draw for the next round, which saw us face a ‘better’ opposition.

Being a few months away, meant we would be having a tester of the match just in a few weeks. Almería is a side that is a competent Second Division side, never one to go for Promotion but never one to be really threatened for relegation; a solid team that would offer the team the right kind of challenge to find what kind of level we are at.

With the terrific performance in the cup, it was the same eleven as we visited Langreo – a fellow promoted side from last season – in which I hoped we could bring the same level of performance we had seen in the previous game.

A terrific performance in the second half, one which could be up there as the best ones my team’s had ever performed, which was highlighted with Tchomogo scoring his first two goals; before forcing to take an early bath with a strained ankle ligament. Both Marky Mark and Alberto scored to add some doubts that maybe they were good enough.

Nipping to the physio after game to get the news on Tchomogo.

Out for a month, the Beninian would miss around 4 games of September before we had our supposed star-striker back. Not something I was look forward too…

The month of September was one of sombre tone, a man who loves consistency, my love turned into venom as we couldn’t decide how we wanted to work off the season. With a few baby steps into the season, I had hoped we would establish ourselves as either fighters for the title/promotion or fighter for mid-table contempt.

1 loss, 1 win and 2 draws mean for a somewhat disappointing run of games in the essence, as we didn’t add anything major but does mean we are in for a mid-table slot in the table in at this rate, something that I am not pleased!

I am aiming for the best possible finish, and looking at the table, we could drop much further as we have a two game advantage over most of the rest of the clubs.

With more competent teams for this level still having two games to catch up, the names like Rafa Benítez’s Rayo Vallecano de Madrid and Osasuna were waiting to make the jump, something I cannot allow to be the case! If I am to be a professional manager then I want to finish as high as possible.

With Tchomogo’s return for our first game in October, I had hoped that his return would mean we could have some more firepower in our attack, as the defence has improved massively.

Unfortunately, it was a boring game until the 64th minute against Murcia, in a bad way however as Arens got himself sent off. With our first choice left-back off, and a man down, Murcia finally had the advantage to push on for the result. Chili scored one of his two a minute after Arens left the pitch, to which Marky Mark responded back with a goal of his own, but it wasn’t completely sealed till the last minute when the defensive trio finally broke to allow Chili to volley in the winner.

Another game lost by a lack of firepower, and another game that showed the wingers of being no use. Afer all the success it had brought me, I had to go with a Plan B to make sure we could bounce back comfortably. One that used the defensive structure to our advantage and then use our attack in a way that would support the players!

* * * * ** * * ** * * * * * * ** * * ** * * ** * ** ** ** * * ** * ** * * * * * * *

But before I could divulge into tactical madness, I arrived home with an odd sight awaiting. I pushed the door open to find an obscure sight before me.

I set down my briefcase, slamming the door behind and stumbled to the semi-romantic table layout infront of me. Before I could even comprehend what was going on, my room-mate shot into sight with a bottle of red wine.

“Welcome back Zanny! Time to celebrate as we are both real estate owners finally, so I thought a nice little meal between business partners?”
    he said, pouring two glasses of wine. “Come sit, food will be out soon”

I take my seat, taking off my jacket, and readied myself for whatever was coming out of the kitchen. Surprising Lou also sat, taking a swig from the wine, before clapping his hands. Right on cue, my former landlady came charging out with two plates full of food. She looked in a very bad-way, with her skin pale; eyes bulging out of her sockets and clearly red-shot; she seemed to be a competely different person then the classy, maerialistic woman I had met when I first started renting the place.

Zan: Is that my former landlady? I thought you said you were going to deal with her! Now she’s hanging around her, where her husband was brutally excutued?

“Wow, calm down! Yen is no trouble, she’s been so drugged up she can’t remember anything pass the last five minutes. She’s a junkie, only cares about her next score. And i’ll tell you what! Sex with a junkie is the best! She’s into some real weird shit, and she’ll do anything to get a hit!”

Zan: I don’t want some slave of a murdered bloke hanging around! I’ve been on edge about the door being barged down any moment enough, so please just deal with her… Properly this time…

He sighed heavily, downing his glass of wine before digging into the food. It was an awkward, silent atmosphere as we slowly ate our tea. The candlelight flickering as the low breeze kept brushing by, the perfect highlighter for the silence. As I chowed down on the delicious meat – which I suspected was beef – I thought I may as well compliment him on finding such nice meat for the meal.

Zan: I got to say Lou, this is some fine meat! Cooked to perfection. I dunno where you got it, but make sure to keep some behind! Could have some left-overs!

“Thank you Zanny, yeah Butch really did do a good job on him!”

Zan:
    Him? So it was a male animal, make much difference?

“Well, wouldn’t call him an animal. He was your landlord, and he didn’t seem to be that bad...”

My stomach churned. I was eating my landlord?

Zan: I’m eating Franchesco?!

Lou nodded as I started to search where to vomit. I decided the best place would be the draw on the dresser opposite, puking more then the contents of my stomach, the thought kept coming making more come out.

“You don’t have to worry, Butch said he didn’t leave any of the icky stuff. Dunno what’s wrong with you, delicious stuff!”

Zan: It’s wrong, Lou! That’s what’s wrong! No normal person kills someone and then eats their dead flesh!

“I don’t know what the hell you’re on about, this stuff was a delicacy for us in the war,” he said, biting into a thick piece of human meat, making me go for another vomit trip.

Zan: Just no more hostage druggies, no more human meat! Deal with this mess, please!

I screamed charging out of the room as the second round of excessive vomiting was regurgitating within me. Charging for only one thing…

After somehow surviving hell, it was time to rethink over my approach to the tactics with the team that I have acquired for this season. The 442 diamond had been a keen staple-mate for us last season and seemingly had been made for success; a player for each position that consistently performed well; I couldn’t have asked for more.

But the elevation of competition sees that formation become a curse, as not only does it force me to play a certain amount of players – too which we don’t have many options for – but also to play wide players which haven’t been our greatest threat.

Players just haven’t been able to make sense of their wing capabilites, making us feel like we had two less players in the team when they have a bad day. Having two strikers also seems to bring another element which I needed to think about.

With only three decent players who can slot into the forward role, having two effectively make it harder for us in terms of fitness. A striker of Alberto’s age will come to a point he would need to rest, and with Tchomogo just coming back from an injury, that would mean it would be best for us to have a singular striker.

Looking over the options for midfield, I noticed we had 4 central midfielders – Kühne could slot in instead of the left wing – that wasn’t playing, with another 4 players who could play a bit beyond, and finally around 4 to play the defensive midfielder role – though 2 of which would be seen elsewhere in defence.

Seeing so much choice in midfeild, it was clear that would be my biggest area for improvement. With the caution of wide players, it would be the full-backs who would provide the width.

With everything thought over, it was time to debut the new tactic at home.

With the players set, it was time to see how the new tactic would fair against an opposition, and one which we would also face in the next round of the Spanish Cup.

The stronghold of midfielders took a hold of the game, with Kühne finding a rejuventation in the middle and forming a close partnership with Marky Mark – who was now doing the same role he did in Wales. With a few chances going to squander, the amount put the defence on edge and making increasing amount of mistakes; on cue came the dribbling Marky Mark with an eye to wonder, only to come to a throbbing stop in the box.

A yellow card and a penalty.

Kühne was given the duty to score, which he did to score his first for the club!

The German wasn’t the only man relishing with the extra responsibilty, as his fellow countryman loved the extra freedom to roam forward and crafted the second goal of the game with a low cross of the left to be driven in by the foot of Marky Mark.

Marky Mark’s magic feet didn’t stop there however, as it was Kühne’s time to become an assist maker to lob the ball forward to the man on form to add his second.

3-0 by half-time, and 3-0 to the new tactics success! But it wasn’t the only result, as we scored a 0-1 away win against Burgos Kühne once again getting on the goal sheet, though Tchomogo was injured for a week with a stubbed toe.

After the game we announced that forward Rachide Yachou has left the club for £75k, which could rise to £110k when he plays 10 league games. The Moroccan was a sensation last season for us, scoring a goal every other game, but just didn’t seem able to fight a way back into the team.

With the team’s finances in the air, and me waiting till end of the season to look for a professional club, the extra £110k profit was tempting too much to keep him around as deadwood.

Sentiment aside, it was the right deal.

The last game of the month was against a club that had turned me down for a certain Spanish waiter, Rafa Benítez. Coming into the club with a reputation, the club themselves haven’t seen much improvement under Rafa, sitting just outside the top ten.

With that added tension, I wanted to see us walk away as the winners!

No-one will reject me, and laugh in my face too.

From the get go, we were the top side. Crafting chance after chance, Rayo seemed confused and had to withheld the pressure from our continuous waves of attacks. But like a cliff erodes over time, we were able to break through.

As Rayo ventured out of their half for a rare attack towards our goal, Gennady coolly gathered the ball with ease as Luis Cembranos failed to make a decent cross. The players panicked, rushing back as Gennady sent the ball up to Bekrar who lifted the ball up towards Alberto.

One-on-one Alberto looked certain to score, and had chosen the bottom right as the destination for the ball, however Moisés knew this too. A nice leaping dive parried the ball away, but only onto the path of the vulture Marky Mark who just slotted it right past him.

1-0

The could did nothing but engulf the game into a battle in midfield as our narrow 451 matched their flat 442, the ball had been retained around 45% in the second part of the pitch all game.

But when it mattered, the home side was the threatening side; and it was from all sorts of areas. From open play to countering, we had shown we could score; but the final thrust of the dagger into the heart was from a set piece.

An indirect free-kick lined up by Bekrar was the stage for Kühne to over-power the goalkeeper and header in his 3rd goal in as many games!

The former Mainz man was loving the new central role I had given him, and was rewarding us with a new possible hero for the club to look at.

It was a sensational showing that had put the cherry on top of the come-back cake! 3 back-to-back wins, 3 clean sheets and 3 games where the midfield proved vital to each victory. Though still only a recently promoted, semi-professional club – the highest rated semi-professional out of 6 in the league – we were hitting the heights at 4th position.

Best defence in the league, we are only three points from 3rd position. The goal for back-to-back promotions could be reality if we could keep going in the same direction. Dreams of being a professional manager was also getting greater with each passing win, or so I hope!

Nothing can hold us back if we are to the best of our abilities.

Spoiler!

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I thought you might have had a chance to move on by now, but when you are going so well with Bembibre maybe you should be waiting for something that you can't refuse.

Atzori looks like a player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    I thought you might have had a chance to move on by now, but when you are going so well with Bembibre maybe you should be waiting for something that you can't refuse.

Atzori looks like a player
    That's the gist. Letting the flowers bloom before picking one. Though i want to stay in Spain for now - in a professional club at least - not much to go off.

Atzori sure is an update for the few options we had last season! Had to rerain a DMC to DC due to suspensions etc.

vCash
    Thought I'll add a personal apologise for not bringing you further updates. Alongside dark demons bringing dark thoughts, I have recently been fighting other personal demons that has sprung up recently. I hope that nothing but love will come from this point on as life has somewhat turned toward my side for once, but i thank all that has stuck by and still do. I don't expect legions of replies, thanks etc. but what few come does push to venture on in such saves. Testing myself in the game in ways i wouldn't otherwise.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Push through it Zan in - you can do it

vCash
    Hang in there

vCash
    Chapter Three:
    Winter is Coming?

Oh life can lead you down a path. Based upon the circumstance of birth, and in my opinion, of luck. Like a game of Russian roulette, you play into fate’s hand the instant you take a breath. For me, I was bred into a world with a golden spoon and a life of venture. A man with a thousand options to prosper toward.

A man with endless choices, chooses the way he will never achieve. Or so I was told. The destruction of everything I had known came to a solid halt, a father deluded within the word of ‘Sports Entertainment’ and a mother who looked at a cracked mirror and still see nothing but a perfect reflection.

As if life hadn't been enough of a destructive force, I was now the room-mate of a senile, crazed, cannibalistic pensioner who chases nothing but the value of green. A colour that only shortly comes first before red.

With the horrors of Halloween behind me, it was the horrors of my self that would haunt me.

But unlike the wasted dude with a bed sheet over his head became the ghost, the most frightening aspect for me was the reality of my promotion prospects. As even though it was two days since the end of Halloween, the terrifying reach of reality brought it’s sudden clench around our throats. A loss against Tenerife, despite being the dominant team, was a body blow. Chasing the game despite bing the top team!

A significant loss that saw us drop to 5th in the table! Tenerife had nothing but celebrations as they became the domnant team in the division…

A dire situation arose as we then was vanquished by the strength of Hércules as we flattered to a 1-2 home defeat for our second close loss in as many weeks. And as if the mention of defeat wasn’t enough, once again we dropped hard in the table after yet another defeat.

With two bitter tastings of defeats, I wanted something sweet. Something like the teat of a candy cow – otherwise known as a Finnish housewife – it would be a delicate taste that would remind us of better times. Not ones where their mum smashed their heads into the wall for reciting the wrong lines…

The opponent was Getafe, a dweller of the relegation zone, whose manager was wondering the line of possibly sacking. So we had to add more pressure to the manager’s head! A single goal from Tchomogoo, his 3rd so far, was the winner and brought us up into the table.

Two positions further up the table was better then none, I suppose. An improvement in the least regard as I thought we were worth more then such a lowly position!

But with the season only so young, I couldn’t admit defeat to our goal of back-to-back promotion, though the next result did make us suffer in more ways then I hoped. Losing left back Arens within the first 12 minutes wasn't enough as Barakaldo scored two goals – in each half – brought us back down to Earth.

With two games left in the month, I prayed to the Spaghetti eating monster in Outer-Space for a change of fortune, and unbelievingly – as if life was written behind such turnarounds – we scored two wins! A rarity, it seemed, we were able to scrap 6 points.

A brilliant second half saw us route out Compostela, with Marky Mark and Kühne to be our saviours, to be within the top 10.

A further 1-0 win against Lleida was enough to make sure we finished in a stronger position with 5th in the table come the end of the month, but still not the heights I had hoped for us to reach so far this season!

Season’s greeting was upon us! Christmas, a time of giving so it seemed, was around the corner and with the harsh realities of winter already scathing our arses, I couldn’t hope but for some tide of change to our side!

With our finances plummerting faster than a fat kid doing cardio, luckily the mysterious board had decided to be ominous this season with a helping this festive time. Investing to ease the balance that were never really going to increase.

With Santa on my Christmas card list, all my fingers were crossed for results to see out the year within the top half at least. With rival promotion hopefuls Real Oviedo being the first task, and at their stadium, with a 5 match winning streak; it was to bow down and see what was on the horizon.

As a game which I was hoping for anything but a decent performance to continue the development of form we lacked in November, I was astonish with the back and forth that we enthralled the spectating crowds with. Each defence was as solid as can be, as each goalkeeper was attentive. A draw with neither side being the better team.

A battle of the centre, rather than an end to end affair, it was two five men formations colliding with one another. Our narrowness seemed to be precise in turnovers and keeping control, as their width found them space… or so I saw it as.
    A good start to the month, with the Spanish Cup 1st Round meaning a break from league action for a game at least, though not a tough opposition with relegation fodder Almería being our opponents. And the match itself stood by that, as within 15 minutes the result essentially had been dealt.

They say the match will be written in the books of history, as the rare sight of Tchomogo scoring was seen in-front of over 6000 people. No sound had resonated around the stadium as the ball hit the back of the net, only the single tear hitting the floor from the right eye of rival Alberto broke the silence.

But it seemed the goal sprung life into the fraudulent professional, as he seemingly scored the what-everyone-thought-was-a-winner but the B team of the mighty Elche – who themselves dwindle in the Second Division – scored a later equaliser to deny a fair 2-1 win for an annoying 2-2 draw. Not even the miraculous free-kick of our Jesús could save the frustration.

The frustration didn’t last however, as Christmas had come early for my team as the Transfer window reopened! With two departures: one of which is Right-Back Jorge Barrena for £45k to Peña Sport who couldn’t offer any talent to our options signed in the summer. A profit is good, after I’ve started spending carelessly in search for instant success for possible professional clubs to see my worth…

The second player finding the exit was left midfielder Izquierdo who leaves for £55k to Ciudad de Murcia, a young player I signed for free and did quite well last season in minor games he had, with the tactic change to a narrow tactic he was wasted.

And it was supporting the new tactic that the new players were signed for…

One of the big players joining is Portuguese midfielder Marco Cláudio, a man to slot along side Kühne and Campos, I am hoping for more stability in the attacking right had side as he looks to be one of our better players. Joining for £450k from Vit. Guimaráes, he is one of two big names I am hoping can push us further in the table.

With Tchomogo showing his shyness in-front of the goal, I was pushed for searching for a leading line man – especially as Alberto has constantly struggled with the demand to perform. I sought my eyes on the recently released Sebastien Kneissl from Chelsea. Not terrific, but a solid option if Oourmar’s performances drop, he is the best I could find…

With the other option being 18 year old Dutchman Gerard van den Belt who was signed again on a free. A youngster, he is another option to have if we go to a partnership up-front with his impressive creative pallet… Just don’t look anywhere else…

Our biggest signing is the Belgian utility defensive option Gunter Van Handenhoven, or now known as Han Hoven, joining from Metz for £500k. An option for back-up on either side, as well as for the DMC role, he will hopefully add options as the season goes on. Money, I never knew ye!

Another player for back-up on the full back positions, South Korean international star Kang Chul joined for £95k. A solid option for both sides, I feel more confident if either full-backs are unavailable.

For me it was a successful venture into the transfer window to support my team, though I do get a lot of looks from office staff wondering where the money for the Christmas party went. Nodding, shrugging, and, at the suggestion of Lou, humping away any questions that was raised.

Thankfully, there is no Human Resources at the club….

It 'twas five nights before Christmas.

Spirits in the town of Bembibre were merry,
    fuelled by the drink of Lou’s Eggnogg Cherry.
    The football team was winning,
    the church’s choirs weren’t singing;
    -so everyone was grinning.

Even though, no snow had come afoot;
    there was no moans, or groans-
    as instead: there was soot.
    Thick, dark and stuck to the cloth,
    angel’s they made, mucky they got!

You see, it was Lou, who, in ways had given,
    these happy scenes of tradition.
    Without drink -with volume too high-
    sober they be to moan and cry.
    Without half arsed dumping of hazardous chemicals,
    there’ll be no reason for a fake festival!
    Lou was the saviour, the miracle maker!
    Earning easy cash, he shouldn’t be happier.

But upon his face was a frown.
    A pain in his heart, he also found.
    The taste of the cash had gone in a smash!
    No reason, no ransom, no rash?
    He was alone. Zanny-Boi was busy..
    Five nights he had, five times to get frisky!

But, that wasn’t the loneliness he felt.
    It was up north: not below the belt!
    Lou knew who it was he needed, constantly sighing;
    “Time I finally got my son… Fuck off!
    I’m not rhyming!”

Off he went into a scruff,
    to the son, he secretly loved.

With Lou off on his quest of some sort, it was time to reflect upon the signatures I had made and how they will slot into the side now we had been undefeated in 5 games! Not one to risk making changes without merit, Chul and Kneissl.

The opponents would be the recently relegated Recreativo, who despite having an incredible team, had faced themselves in mid-table. A decent result visiting the Nuevo Colombino would bring the league games for the this year into a tight little bow.

And from ten minutes in, we were charging into high gear with chances from both Marky Mark and Kielty going close, but it was Marky Mark who turned on his set pieces duty for a beautiful corner for Fernando to score his 1st of the season.

Even with a goal to our mark, the players held on as Mel – who had played due to non-Eu rules ruling out Gennady – denying a chances from the home side. This included a brilliant double save to deny Díaz with a parry and then a collection of the ball from a short distance.

With the game dragging into the final minutes of the first half, Marky Mark sprung into life. Latching onto a mistake from the defence to his a low, accurate smack into the bottom left corner. A 2-0 cushion, and a superior performance, brought us a sense of holiday jubilation!

The second half was a rather dull-blade in terms of exciting chances, with only a nice cross from right-back Zodrow – still not settled into the squad as well as I had hoped – was found by the lethal man of the moment Marky Mark to seal a third and the result. Ricardo scored a consolation for the home side, but it was done and dusted.

Kneissl did see minutes, playing 20 minutes and registering a shot on target – more then what Tchomogo had been able to do for 70!

With the lead up to Christmas, and as much sexual harassment as I had already accustomed with Lou’s audacious suggestions, I had been ushered to the community centre for a ‘meeting’. As I arrived, I saw all the clubs employees gathered in festive clothing, drinking some milk-based punch and chatting away. In the middle was the painting of Lou as Santa Claus after his ‘festive festival’ from the other night.

If only they knew what the chemicals that they pranced and messed around as a snow ‘substitute’ could do to you, or what it was from. The celebrations for him wouldn’t be happening, but ignorance is bliss…

For about half-an-hour, it seemed to be just a casual gathering as the people drank Lou’s concoction. It was a mixed feeling being in a room of people you work with but don’t know the language to speak too. But throughout the sea of background faces, one stood out.

The scruffy, eye bulging old man had been staring me down all night from the other side of the room, intently as if he was cursing me under his foul breathe. Putrid saliva sprung out of his mumbling lips, drool hanging off and falling to the floor. As the tedious monotone music played through the CD selection of reject pop songs, the crowd started to part like the Red Sea. The division put me on one side and this crazed aberration the other.

With the aid of his twisted branched walking stick, he sluggishly staggered towards me as the crowd turned into nothing but standing mannequins, watching the altercation as if a ritual right was occurring.

“You bring an aura,” he mumbled with rancid breath, “an aura taints us! You possess a totem of despair, and misery. And so, I bring forth the spirits of a thousand lives to stop thee!”

His screaming roars flew the poisoned liquid toward me, the crowd chattering their teeth together as he continued his crusade against me. Each of their eyes darting towards with milky whiteness, a sea of nothingness but a back drop of haunting terror.

“Spite thee! Away from thy!” He recited, again and again. Echoing back from the ground, I pushed away as fast to the back of the wall, where it seemed my demise was to come!

“Stop!”

A large scream shouted from a welcoming familiar voice. I turn towards the entrance…

It was Lou… dressed as some sort of hobbit thing.

“It is I, the Christmas Troll! You speak of bullshit, this man in my… creature of .. blue balls, or whatever. He is the honourable guest for this evening!” Lou said, slowly walking down the row as the crowd went ecstatic, as if a big celebrity had walked into the building. “Calm down people! Remember that to see Santa, you to pay the Christmas Troll, to get the North Pole!”

With that being said, Lou opened up his big sack and large wads of cash was thrown towards him as myself and the old white haired man watched on the sidelines. As I slowly got back to reality, the old man’s eyes had started to bulge further out of socket. He limped behind Lou, foaming from the mouth.

“Slimy demon, who comes to feast! I shall strike thee away!” He screamed, foam raining down onto the wooden floor as his stick rose in the air. “Demon be banished!”

Just as he was about to bring down his walking stick, a man charged out of the crowd and tackled him to the floor. Digging his mouth into the neck, he ripped a piece of his vocal chord off his body, drenching his face with blood. Spitting out the large patch of skin, the man screamed:

“Don’t you fuck the Christmas Troll!”

With blood dripping off his mouth, the demented man roared with his fists in the air: “Christmas!!” Charging out of the room, to leave the old man to bleed out as Lou continued his routine.

After a few minutes, the Christmas Troll had gathered a large amount of money in a clothed bag, and as people in the crowd started to come out of the daze, it was time for the show to be over as Lou and his little protege to high-tail it out. Following in suit, all I could hear was Spanish cries of shock as they saw the pile of blood with a dead pensioner in the centre of it.

Arriving back to my sanctuary in a rush, I was horrified by the site of the two perpetrators to the horror scene I had just witness! The scheming bastards were counting out the cash, dancing with happiness.

Zan: Lou! What the hell! What the fuck was that? You control those people and stole all their money… They were like Zombies!”

“Zanny-boy! Welcome home, and welcome to the big time!” He said smiling ear-to-ear, with a huge pile of cash in his hand, “No-more sitting around for the big time, my fellow! Now, we go out there and take it! Those idiots fell for a little showmanship and bingo! Openly gifted us the money!”

Zan: And the whole murdering a pensioner?”

His compatriot then started snorting something into his nose.

Zan: …. and who is this guy?”

“Oh that was a little hitch in the road, but nothing my boy didn’t sort out!” He said, slapping the twitchy person next to him on the should, “because of him and his little sedative stuff, we were able to brainwash them and get it all in the bag! Bingo-bango, everybody tango!”

In a fit of happiness, Lou started to dance with a wad of cash as me and the ‘other fellow’ caught eyes, causing him to yelp and snort more of the substance.

Zan: Lou, you’ve still not explained yourself! Stop giving me the run around man, just tell me things…

“Fine, fine. Zan this is my son, Rolling. A little while back I was trying to make some money and just thought, maybe I need a side man, you know to do the shit jobs. With the fake festival and all I thought maybe it was time to get my boy – well, one of my boys – into the money making business!”

Zan: I thought you were in agency work? As in my football agent?

“Agent, friend, room-mate, bed cuddler. Our relationship is many things Zanny-Boy, but in the end, the most important thing is cash. And what isn’t more cash then nepotism! A little bastard to earn me money when I retire into the good life. Unfortunately the only little bastard I could get is this one...”

He pointed to Rolling, who had started to snack on a living rat as we started to talk…

“Poor shit was a survived abortion whose mother was crack head who didn’t stop getting high throughout the pregnancy. She died giving birth to him too, shame as she was crazy! I mean she was into anything – and I mean anything! Anyway, he was raised by some rat-nosed drunks who abused him in many various ways and turned him into… well, this!”

Zan: So you think you can turn his life around for all the years you’ve missed out? That’s so sweet Lou, I can’t believe I have never seen this side to you.

Ignoring Lou’s pleas for other reasons, I escaped out of the room, genuinely pleased that Lou had indeed grew his heart two sizes bigger this Christmas.

And we still had the Spanish Cup game to go….

34. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash

Away to Getafe in the Second Round of the Spanish Cup

With already one away win over this season in the league, we’d be hoping for another result against them today.

Team News

As the Talking Heads sang all so gracefully: “it’s the same as it ever was!”

Same formation, same team. No need to change a winning formation, with extra eyes on Marky Mark to add another goal to his collection, and maybe - just maybe – Tchomogo to add to his 5 in 14 starts.

Worth dreaming…

The Game

”Eagles soar to victory after being pushed into extra time !”

What can I say. A impressive flourishing first half was held off into extra-time for the next pulse of energy!

Luckily it came to us…

Gorges was a Goliath at centre-back, making it matter of when for us and agony to break in for them

Spoiler!

Of course it had to be my man, Marky Mark, who scored first. Lads on fire this season with his 13th in 19 games!

Sad to see Zodrow come off injured, but with only ten days out means he won’t really miss any games.

Spanish Third Round Draw

Ah, worse case scenario for progress but, receipts?

Money Money Money!

Post Match Interview

Spanish Reporter: Así que has ganado otro juego?

ZanSnake:

Spanish Reporter: Por qué no hablas con ningún medio?

ZanSnake:

Spanish Reporter: Nada ! ¿A pesar de estar dibujado en Barcelona?

ZanSnake:

Spanish Reporter: Te das cuenta de que obviamente estás estafando a Redknapp69?

ZanSnake:

Spanish Reporter: Vete a la mierda !

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast