Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ray vs. Jay - Chapter 1 - The Milan Derby

Ray vs. Jay - Chapter 1 - The Milan Derby

Ray vs. Jay - Chapter 1 - The Milan Derby

Today, Italian giants and rivals A.C. Milan and Internazionale both announced new managers. The news broke in bizarre fashion, fitting of an Italian operetta. Milan had announced a press conference at short notice to be held at the shared Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, more commonly known as the San Siro.

As TV crews arrived, Internazionale officials were baffled by their presence, with several of them visibly irritated. Making their way to the press room, journalists were repeatedly stopped and told that there was no press conference and they should wait for a press statement to be released detailing the changes afoot at Inter. On being told by the journalists they were here not for Inter but for Milan, the Inter suits' faces went a shade of red.

"We're delighted to inform you that our new head coach is Mr. Jay Flo," Milan club manager Christian Abbiati told those who had gathered for the announcement, "he joins us having most recently been acting in an advisory capacity for UML side PES United, where his input has been highly valued, and we are very pleased he's agreed to join us."

A cacophony of camera shutters filled the room, but when the flashes had stopped their illumination, the figure of another man was stood at the front of the room. Leaning over the table, careful to avoid the glasses of water and microphones, Abbiati whispered something close to the figure's ear. Ignoring the decorum, the man announced, turning to the room, "I'm GFRay, but call me Ray. You didn't need to go to all this trouble."

Two more men, dressed in suits bearing the crest of Inter, dashed into the room which was by now full of the sound of excited cameramen. "Apologies," one of them said, "please ignore us; there's been a few wires crossed." The other suit signalled for Ray to follow them out of the room but he instead leaned back and rested on the table.

"No! Really?!" Ray quipped as he scanned the row of people sat behind the table - Abbiati, Jay Flo and a few others - noticing the A.C. Milan emblems emblazoned on their breast pockets, "well this is some occasion -I've inadvertently crashed the press conference of my riva.."

Ray's glance froze on Flo, "You?! Unbelievable!"

Flo stood up quickly, sending the chair he was sat on flying backwards, and shot a stern look at Ray. A long few seconds passed with Flo seemingly frozen in motion, before he turned on his heel and walked out of the press conference. His press conference. His unveiling press conference.

The fiasco had been a complete disaster and the sports news channels revelled in the chaos whipping up an already frenetic derby with a frenzied series of clips and news pieces on the day's events. This much was clear: Inter have a new manager, GFRay from a UML team. Ray will continue his role of advisor at Het Bierde whilst assuming full-time responsibilities at Inter and it is believed Jay Flo will be doing the same with PES United.

The Milan Derby is one of the football world's biggest, but you can't help but feel it intensified a level or two after today's events.

The Rules:
    1. The game will be played as a Network Game using Saturn v5 Patch
    2. Both Ray & Jay have been given fixed three-year deals at Inter and Milan
    3. They must use NWW tactics that feature at least three in the defensive line and use wide players
    4. They may only sign five players per transfer window
    5. Both managers will post monthly reports, as close together as possible, at least once a week
    6. At the end of the three seasons, both managers will be graded on a points basis as well as by members of this forum by the votes of a poll, for the Best Manager Award & The Forum's Best Manager Award
    7. Points will be awarded for the following:

Always liked AC Milan so I'm on Jay's side

Why can't you guys just get along!

Why not be Ray Jay?

Wouldn't matter if we called you Ray Jay, Jay Ray, JR, RJ but we just don't want to call this split!

Going for inter.

Both Milan's suck
    It would make it more competitive if you both decided on 1 default tactic to use, and player/team instructions can't be changed.
    You know Ray will use his Fibonacci and walk the league

FC Internazionale Milano

Football Club Internazionale Milano as they're officially called were founded in 1908 and have continuously played in the top tier of Italian football since their debut in 1909. They have won 30 domestic trophies on par with its local rivals A.C. Milan, including 18 league titles, 7 Coppa Italia and 5 Supercoppa Italiana. Other than that they've won the Champions League 3 times as well as 3 UEFA Cups, 2 Intercontinental Cups and 1 FIFA Club World Cup.

They player their home games at the San Siro stadium (cap. 80.018), also known as the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza after the former player who represented both A.C. Milan and Inter Milan. The more commonly used name, San Siro, is the name of the district where it is located. Inter Milan share the San Siro with rivals A.C. Milan and the stadium is the largest in Italian football.

When Erick Thohir approached me if I wanted to become Inter Milan's new head coach I didn't have to think long on it. As it turned out Thohir was very impressed by the title I managed to claim with Het Bierde in a very hard and tough competition called the Ultimate Managers League. In fact he was so impressed that he wanted me as the new head coach and lead his team to glory as well.

To do this he has offered me a three year deal with an excellent salary and the promise that I'm allowed to shape the team how I want to. There are some restrictions though as money isn't growing on trees at Inter and there is no massive TV deal in Italy like they have in England. So I will have to make due with max five signings per transfer window with the budget that was available. This means that I have to carefully plan my signings and not spend all the money at once which is a proper challenge, but I like it.

Mr. Thohir wants me to play attacking and modern football, but there are some things that he would like to see in the formation. As he was a huge fan of the former Inter Milan strike force 'Christian Vieri - Ronaldo', he wants me to try and implement two strikers in our formation. Also he was quite fond of the famous 'Catenaccio' style of defending. This means a five man defense with four of the defenders on man marking duties and the fifth acting as a supportive defender who can also move in midfield.

Since I am restricted to max five transfer per window I can't just completely overhaul the team like I would normally do at a new club. I have to gradually remove the weak links and sign better players for them instead. After the first week of training I have a good picture of all the players and now I know what positions need improvement.

As it now stands it looks like I will need at least two wingbacks, two central defenders and a striker as my five signings this first summer. In the winter we can focus on bringing in more quality if needed, but I'll decide on that when we get to the January window.

So these are the players we're keeping for now. I'm going to recall quite a lot of loaned out players as I simply need them with the transfer restrictions in place.

And so I embark on my quest to bring glory back to Internazionale Milano. With one of my greatest rivals from UML, the infamous bastard child of Elton John, JayFlo of Pretty Easily Scared United at the helm for A.C. Milan, it will no doubt become a tough challenge. But I'm ready for it.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

Interesting restrictions from your Chairman, looking forward to seeing the signings, especially Icardi’s partner up front.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Interesting restrictions from your Chairman, looking forward to seeing the signings, especially Icardi’s partner up front.
    Somehow I knew that you would be following this chapter with interest mate.

Our first session is coming Friday so we'll get through transfers and probably August then. There will be weekly writeups for one month's progress ingame.

Ha ha, I’m definitely more AC Milan than Inter despite them beating us in the 2007 CL Final, but thanks to Adriano on PES 4/5/6 and others in that team I developed a soft spot for them too.

THE BOSS TALKS..................................

Jay Flo gave his first interview as AC Milan boss today, having finished his responsibilities as an advisor for UML club PES United.

“I took on this project because the chairman’s vision for the club I found hugely inspiring. This is a massive club with a globally known history and a stellar trophy cabinet of success to show for it.

“We got a three year plan and I’m going to do my best to achieve all we’ve set out to do.

“It was a big enough task already, but I think it’s obvious Inter’s decision to take on GFRay has added an extra dimension to the derby.

“The most important rivalry is obviously between the clubs, but I can assure you I very much feel as much passion for it as you do.

Jay Flo spoke about his squad and his expectations for the upcoming season, including news that should excite our fans.

“I’ve had a few training sessions with the boys now and I’m confident I know the positions we have to strengthen and the players I can rely on.

“We have a strong foundation to build upon, but we certainly aren’t without our weaknesses. There are some big clubs in this league right now - Juventus, Napoli, Roma - that’s the level we have to aim for and we need to get there as soon as possible.

“We’ve been in discussion with several clubs in terms of transfers and I am certain we can bring in players of real quality to strengthen our team and I hope to be able to announce them soon.

Lastly, Jay Flo gave us an insight into the football he’ll have our side playing this season.

“I’m hoping there will be no transition phase for either myself in terms of coming to Italy or the players in adapting to my requirements.

“It’s a strong tradition here to play with a back three and that is what we’ll be doing, other than that I don’t want to be putting our plans out in the open.

“Defence has always been a strong tradition in Italy too and that suits me perfectly. Whilst we’ll aim to play attacking, passing football, I find defence the backbone to success.

Preseason news will be announced soon, with a short tour and a home friendly to complete our preseason calendar.

Last edited by JayFlo; 19-07-18 at 12:10 AM.

Keeping your cards close to your chest in terms of transfer activity in comparison to GFRay, I wonder if you've both targeted any players the same as the other.

Bit of rivalry built into a story, I like it

I used to prefer Inter back in the day (sorry, Jay!) but I'll be following both of you as a neutral to begin with

It takes me back to CM 00/01 when Inter had a beast of a squad, so I loved managing the big names who were truly big names before the boom in football.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Bit of rivalry built into a story, I like it

I used to prefer Inter back in the day (sorry, Jay!) but I'll be following both of you as a neutral to begin with

It takes me back to CM 00/01 when Inter had a beast of a squad, so I loved managing the big names who were truly big names before the boom in football.
    Thanks for following and for supporting Inter!

The idea is to do a rivalry in all 4 major countries (Italy, Spain, England and Germany) where we try our best to win as much as we can in 3 years.

August

The quest at the transfermarket turned out half successful as we only managed to sign four of our max five allowed transfers. None of the world class players or the level below weren't interested in joining Inter so we had to settle for other players. In the end we managed to sign young promising left wingback Jan-Niklas Beste who has lots of potential to grow into a world class player. On the other side we got Erik Durm who was unhappy at Dortmund and he will prove a very valuable rotation player that can play on both flanks. In the heart of the defence we only managed to sign one of our desired two centerbacks and that one was Filip Benkovic. He's another very hot prospect that, with some guidance, can become very good. Last but not least we managed to sign future world class player Nadiem Amiri who was a no brainer for me as he possesses all the necessary qualities to become amazing in midfield.

We offloaded six players that weren't needed at all and were just costing us big wages so that's good cleaning up in that department.

Spoiler!

In pre-season we played three friendly games against Italian non-league opponents to get into rhythym and familiar with the new tactic. All three matches ended in big wins as was expected and helped me fine tune our team for the first competition game that was to be played in August against Sassuolo.

The first game of the season was a home game against Sassuolo. We started the game very well, putting immidiate pressure on the Sassuolo defence. The game was just 8 minutes old when Amiri opened the score at his debut by heading in a cross from Barbosa. We created some more chances, but didn't score anymore goals. Just 4 minutes after the break we doubled our lead when again Amiri headed a cross from Dalbert behind the keeper. After the second goal we kept control of the game as Sassuolo tried to get back in it, but their shots weren't on target. Three minutes before time Miranda got send off when he received his second booking, but we kept the three points in Giuseppe Meazza. The win against Sassuolo sees us take 4th place, but it's only one game played so nothing useful to say about it really.

September has only three fixtures for us in store as we're not active in Europe this season. After the international period we play an important game at Stadio Olimpico against AS Roma which are our direct competitors. We then host Verona before we travel to Fiorentina to end the month. No doubt two tough away fixtures that I'm hoping to survive well.

Inter
    • Pretty much break even in transfers in and I like them – think Amiri will be a BEAST
    • Solid formation – can see that doing well. No DM though which as we know in CM is always a big position
    • How long Beste injured for?
    • A fine start v Sassulo – not much in the game but you certainly deserved the points!
    • Great start for Amiri! Can you share the line-up graphically so I can see who you have playing where?
    • Massive game v Roma next!

Milan – go smash ‘em

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Inter
    • Pretty much break even in transfers in and I like them – think Amiri will be a BEAST
    • Solid formation – can see that doing well. No DM though which as we know in CM is always a big position
    • How long Beste injured for?
    • A fine start v Sassulo – not much in the game but you certainly deserved the points!
    • Great start for Amiri! Can you share the line-up graphically so I can see who you have playing where?
    • Massive game v Roma next!

Milan – go smash ‘em
    Beste is already back, was just a few weeks. Lineup under the spoiler.

Spoiler!

August 2017

THE BOSS TALKS..................................

On the Transfer Window:

“I think we can be very happy with our summer transfer business. I had clear positions I wanted to address and I believe we have done that. As preseason went on, I redesigned our tactical approach a few times and some players I may have written off performed so well that it dispelled some of my worry.

“I was personally delighted that the chairman allowed us to go all out for Hakim Ziyech. Ajax, rightly, were after a big transfer fee and they stuck to their guns. Fortunately – and the fans can be proud of this – we have the backing of the boardroom.

“The chairman kept his word on transfers and for that I couldn’t be happier. He said he was happy to fund five transfers and that he did. Ramires will bring vital experience, the perfect attitude, and a multitude of skillsets to our central midfield; along with Ziyech, Lamela and Mahrez will provide as all the creativity, pace, and trickery that will be needed to combat the resolute defences of Italian teams; and lastly Graziano Pelle knows exactly what it takes to be talismanic for a team – I have admired him ever since his partnership with Koeman began.

Spoiler!

On Preseason:

“Look, in an ideal world I would’ve had some of the transfers done sooner or the friendlies later, but it is how it is and it meant I only had one outing in which to assess them performing all together. When they did, it was a fantastic result. A friendly isn’t a precursor to a season’s success but a 4-0 win over River Plate was a nice one for the fans to watch and get them ready for the season.

Spoiler!

“Carlos Bacca was a welcome surprise for me and I know he is going to be important for us this season. When I arrived, the club had arranged for him to spend the season on loan at Villarreal but I had no intention of that going ahead and he’s shown us why in preseason with 3 goals in 3 games.

“All in all it was a satisfactory set of results and it allowed me to tinker and tailor; Pelle came in and made an immediate impact to grab 4 goals and I was able to assess 4 very strong centre-backs across the three positions they have to battle for.

The Season Opener

It was practically a sell out at the Atleti Azzurri d’Italia on Sunday as we travelled to Bergamo to face Atalanta.

Jay Flo’s first competitive line-up included four of his five summer signings, as Erik Lamela, Hakim Ziyech and Riyad Mahrez all featured as the supporting cast to lone striker Graziano Pelle – Ramires started on the bench.

The game started brightly for Milan and playing his first game in Serie A in five years Pelle was looking sharp. He’d already had one effort saved when he put us 1-0 up in the 7th minute and he sent the travelling contingent into ecstasy just minutes later when he out-jumped all competitors to head home Calhanoglu’s cross. (2-0)

Come fifteen minutes, the game already had its third goal and unfortunately it was for Atalanta. Romagnoli was adjudged to have unfairly jumped with Caldara and the referee awarded a penalty dutifully dispatched by Papu Gomez. (2-1)

It was a rampant opening 20 minutes for the season and it may well go down as a microcosm for the campaign as a whole: it had injury (Atalanta’s Gagliardini going off after two minutes) plenty of goals, a penalty, and the first show of pure passion from Jay Flo.

In the 19th minute, Pelle leapt strongly in the box once more and as he sent his header powerfully past the helpless Atalanta ‘keeper, the assistant’s flag rose. Lamela was the man offside but he had not involved himself in the play and Jay Flo’s feelings were perfectly clear; the travelling fans warmly endorsed his response with equal indignation.

Most unfathomably, Milan went into half-time level after a 38th minute goal by Cristante left the home crowd jubilant after trying his luck from some distance. (HT 2-2)

The second half saw Jay Flo manage a series of changes to both personnel and tactics as he tried to regain momentum for his side.
    Mahrez and Calhanoglu were the first to make way, as Calabria and Bacca entered the fold in the 67th minute with the scores still level. Flo went for two up-top and pulled one of the wingers back into a more reserved role.

It paid dividends within ten minutes when substitute striker Carlos Bacca nodded down a Lamela cross for Ziyech to lash in with fifteen minutes remaining. (3-2)

Pelle had two more chances to grab a debut hattrick over the course of the remainder of the game and in the 89th minute it looked as if Lamela had secured victory until his strike cannoned off of the post. It would prove to be costly.

With what became the last kick of the ball, Papu Gomez equalised in sickening fashion. Straight from the woodwork, Atalanta broke at pace and Gomez found himself unmarked for Spinazzola to pick out. (3-3)

It was a bitter blow for Atalanta to equalise in the dying moments and it even saw Papu Gomez snatch the Official Man of the Match Award away from Pelle. Most gut-wrenching was a glance at the stats: Atalanta had scored 3 from 4 shots on target, to Milan’s 11.

“I think we can be proud of many aspects of that performance,” Flo told the website, “and we know the ones that we cannot; we were sloppy in defence and we paid for it. We’ve now got two weeks for everyone to get on the same hymn sheet. We cannot have the same excuses when we play Cagliari.”

Spoiler!

Last edited by JayFlo; 19-07-18 at 12:12 AM.

Interesting start, will be following this one.

Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    Beste is already back, was just a few weeks. Lineup under the spoiler.

Spoiler!
    VERY attacking side - those 5 defenders have their work cut out as not gonna get much help from those ahead!

Milan

• Real good signings! I like them a lot – you must be happy with what you have defensively then!
    • Gonna tie down Donnarumma?
    • Pelle will do for a year or so but not a long term signing
    • Christ – didn’t realise he was first choice – He’ll do well as lone striker but that position deffo needs sorting!
    • Ah – you have Bacca – Pelle ahead of him in the selection stakes then?!
    • Bold formation with 3 at back – could get exposed down the sides
    • Donnarumma with a bad start to season and sounds like you were superkeepered maybe – good debut for Pelle though! Atalanta always been an Italian bogey team of mine

Inter - You can still add that extra signing in January, right? So possibly a good thing that you've got an option there if you need it. Good start so far from the looks of it, recognisable names there for future talents.

AC are certainly packing the midfield to start with! Quite right too as they did sign those good defenders last season, likes of Bonucci and Rodriguez! Got suckered against Atalanta though!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Inter - You can still add that extra signing in January, right? So possibly a good thing that you've got an option there if you need it. Good start so far from the looks of it, recognisable names there for future talents.
    No we agreed that transfers can't carry over. So I will have 5 transfers in the winter again. We like a challenge.

Ah, I see! Got enough quality in there anyhow

Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    No we agreed that transfers can't carry over. So I will have 5 transfers in the winter again. We like a challenge.
    10 transfers a season sounds more than enough!

Yeah, I did think it was 5 transfers per season rather than per window actually. That's why I assumed you could still buy one more in January

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Milan

• Real good signings! I like them a lot – you must be happy with what you have defensively then!
    • Gonna tie down Donnarumma?
    • Pelle will do for a year or so but not a long term signing
    • Christ – didn’t realise he was first choice – He’ll do well as lone striker but that position deffo needs sorting!
    • Ah – you have Bacca – Pelle ahead of him in the selection stakes then?!
    • Bold formation with 3 at back – could get exposed down the sides
    • Donnarumma with a bad start to season and sounds like you were superkeepered maybe – good debut for Pelle though! Atalanta always been an Italian bogey team of mine

Hi Redknapp69,

Thank you for your questions. I forwarded them onto the manager and received the below reply:

"Thanks for your interest in our season Redknapp69; I hope we can bring the happiness you deserve as a fan! I'm delighted with the defensive talent that was already at the club when I arrived - Bonucci, Romagnoli & G.Gomez, as well as Musacchio & Zapata - and I felt we could better allocate our transfer budget elsewhere.

Donnarumma is currently on a contract running until the summer of 2021 and for now we are happy with that - I myself am only on a three year contract!

I was delighted Graziano Pelle joined us. Some may deem a player done by the time he's decided to move to China, but Paulinho has proven otherwise and so we chose to enquire as to Pelle and Ramires' services and to get them both was excellent business for us.

We've got the Europa League and Serie A to contend with this season and we'll need both Pelle and Bacca to step up. Is there a first choice? I don't know. I see them as two very good options.

I had to honour the tradition of three at the back and we will live and die by that decision. I've chosen not to additionally burden the approach by playing with wing-backs; we are going to play very high up the pitch and take the game to the opposition whilst remaining strong at the back.

Atalanta was a frustrating game and to be leading twice, especially by two at one point, is an annoyance but I'd rather get those stickier moments out of our system earlier.

Enjoy the season,
    Jay Flo"

I hope that satisfied your interest.

Yours sincerely,
    Emilia Scaragozzi

Last edited by JayFlo; 03-07-18 at 04:07 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast