vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big E View Post
    Are you there Hendo???

Are you there???????????

(Toffee Crisp Advert)
    I am here!

Quote Originally Posted by dweatherston11 View Post
    Must be feeling the pressure of the league form
    Haha! I must admit I've missed keeping the updates going lately but work has been hectic before the Xmas break

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Haven't you heard - sacked innit!
    Do you know something I don't?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    I heard he's talking to United. Maybe José will be our new Gaffer
    I will never leave Leamington!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash

Global Attraction - Season 9 - March
    Nations = 24
    Andorra, Australia, Belgium, Burundi, Canada, England, Finland, France, Ghana, Greece, Luxembourg, Montserrat, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Saint Lucia, Scotland, Spain, Surinam, Sweden, Wales, Zimbabwe

After finally stopping the rot with two wins and a draw in our last three matches, we've managed to drag ourselves off the bottom of the table but the work was by no means complete. We still find ourselves in the top relegation spot and Derby below us have a game in hand and we just happen to be facing them in our final game of this month! We have five matches altogether and four are against teams from 16th to Derby in 23rd. This is where we can save our season!

Championship

Hull (20th) are just four points ahead of us which makes this a big game for us, especially away from home. We will have to attempt to defeat them without the services of Jay Chapman who has a back problem sustained in training which rules him out for a fortnight. It means I'm forced into just the one change to the side as Panagiotis Michos moves into the number ten role and Jamie Byrne comes in at left-wing. My nerves were on edge for the entirety of the first half and my heart was pumping as Tarek Taravel (3) got an equal season best goal to put us ahead right before half-time. After the break, I urged the players to get a second goal to gain some breathing space and Richard Laws duly obliged with his first goal of the season, which is his 10th for Leamington in his 103rd appearance! But in typical football fashion, Hull pulled one back in the 85th and scored again three minutes later. As my head sank though, my assistant jumped on me in joy as the goal was in fact ruled out! The win brings us out of the bottom three with Aston Villa now occupying 22nd after losing 2:1 at Fulham.

Hull 1:2 Leamington
    Pastoor 6, Dijksteel 7, Hughes 6, Agovic 7, Muleba 7, Laws 7, Lavery 7, Taravel 7, Powell 8, Michos 7 (Drinan 6), Byrne 7.
    Goals - Taravel, Laws.
    Assists - Powell, Hughes.
    MotM - Powell.

Alex McCarthy is then fined after turning up lacking fitness the following day at training. It's the third time he's adopted such an attitude and he certainly won't attract any suitors with such behaviour having been placed on the transfer list already.

Championship

We host Luton (7th) three days later and the lads are looking fit and raring to keep our rejuvenated form going so it's an unchanged starting XI and Adam Corcoran comes on the bench after McCarthy's latest bout of ill discipline. One Bradley Fewster plays for Luton, who has 22 in 40 starts so far this season. It's a fast and furious start to the game but no goals are forthcoming. We lose Caolan Lavery to injury which is a blow, even at his age of 33. Aaron Drinan replaces him and as the game goes on, Mikael Soisalo and Warren Smith join the action to keep fresh legs in the side in terms of creativity and against the pre-match odds, we get a deserved winner as Drinan fires in a headed knock-down from Anfernee Dijksteel!

Leamington 1:0 Luton
    Pastoor 8, Dijksteel 8, Hughes 8, Agovic 7, Muleba 7, Laws 8, Lavery 7 (Drinan 8), Taravel 7, Powell 7, Michos 7 (Smith 7), Byrne 7 (Soisalo 7).
    Goals - Drinan.
    Assists - Dijksteel.
    MotM - Dijksteel.

The season is over for Lavery after he torn a groin muscle. He may not have reached the goalscoring heights of previous seasons but has still been consistent enough as a regular in the starting XI and will be a huge miss to our relegation fight. Hopefully the likes of Drinan will now step up in his absence, starting with that winner that has moved us up a place to 20th and six points clear of the relegation spots after Aston Villa lost again!

In international news, Soisalo is the only player to earn a call-up as Finland will have a friendly later on this month against Cyprus (for whom ex-Leamington player Harry Kyprianou is not involved).

Championship

After working their nuts off against Luton, I'm pleased that the players have a weeks grace until we play Oxford (18th) in another key match as they are only two points ahead. There is again just the one change to the side as Lavery is replaced by Drinan, of course. I'm gutted to see us fall behind after just 10 minutes but we respond perfectly as Byrne gets a rare goal (in fact, it's a season best as his 3rd goal!) and Taravel does likewise in getting a season best of a 4th goal for us in putting us ahead! But the lead lasts only five minutes before Oxford respond to make it 2:2 by the 23rd minute of the game. After the break, Ryan Powell rattles the crossbar and Jonathan Muleba is in the right place to put in the rebound! Oxford again rally with a goal in the 79th and we end up sharing the points. The reality is, the goalkeeper and the defence cost us the chance to move into 18th place at least and instead, we are now 21st and four points clear of the drop zone.

Oxford 3:3 Leamington
    Pastoor 4, Dijksteel 6 (Asante 6), Hughes 6, Agovic 6, Muleba 5, Laws 7, Drinan 7, Taravel 8, Powell 7, Michos 8 (Soisalo 6), Byrne 8 (Smith 7).
    Goals - Byrne, Taravel, Muleba.
    Assists - Michos, Laws.

Championship

After Aston Villa drew on the Friday night, we are now three points clear of the drop zone and will now take on Burnley (19th) who are just a point ahead of us. It's a big match and despite the performances of one or two players, they keep their places although we do welcome back Chapman with Drinan making way. With Nikola Vlasic, Harry Winks, Marc Albrighton and Saido Berahino in their side, Burnley launch an offensive from the off but are denied as we make it to half-time with the score at 0:0. But in fairness, we have had chances of our own and Taravel keeps his goalscoring streak alive with the opener in the 46th minute whilst Smith sees a goal disallowed just moments after joining the action as a substitute. Powell though, gets our 2nd of the game with both goals inspired by Drinan who came on for Chapman at half-time.

Leamington 2:0 Burnley
    Pastoor 7, Dijksteel 7 (Asante 7), Hughes 7, Agovic 8, Muleba 7, Laws 9, Michos 7 (Smith 7), Taravel 9, Powell 8, Chapman 6 (Drinan 9), Byrne 7.
    Goals - Taravel, Powell.
    Assists - Drinan x2.
    MotM - Drinan.

Championship

The Burnley victory had seen us rise to 19th where we now have a 7 point gap over Derby in 23rd and are 6 points clear of 22nd. That makes this one a crucial match but you may be surprised to learn that there are three changes. Muleba has now lost his spot as Joseph Asante comes in at right-back and Dijksteel goes in the middle. Drinan naturally comes in after that supersub performance with Chapman now on the bench. The third sees a much improved McCarthy start in the sticks after Wouter Pastoor has had a couple of wobbles this month. With Alen Agovic leading us as captain, we're unlucky not to lead by the break as Drinan grazes the crossbar. The goal comes from another unlikely source as Byrne strikes again to put us ahead. Chapman comes off the bench and doubles the lead in the 85th and we're on the home straight. But the unthinkable happens as the players switch off completely as Derby bombard our goalmouth. They get one back in the 88th minute and as the game enters injury time, they get an equaliser that leaves a sinking feeling in our stomachs.

Leamington 2:2 Derby
    McCarthy 7, Asante 7, Hughes 6, Agovic 8, Dijksteel 7, Laws 8, Michos 7 (Chapman 8), Taravel 7, Powell 7, Drinan 7 (Smith 7), Byrne 7 (Soisalo 7).
    Goals - Byrne, Chapman.
    Assists - Laws, Taravel.
    MotM - Chapman.

Although there are six games left of the season, I'm beginning to sense that we have turned our season around. After that horror run of winless games, we've now made it eight unbeaten and one could argue that we ought to have an extra four points on the board after conceding equalisers to Oxford and Derby, results that could have seen us 15th. Instead, we're 18th which I am still delighted with considering we were 22nd! We possess a six point gap to the relegation spots and just need to maintain that for at least four games to confirm a spot in the Championship next year.

I thought Tarek Taravel would be the man to shine the spotlight on but instead, we look at someone who has got on with his job without attracting too much attention. After spending the last three years with less than 10 starts, Richard Laws has broken into the side and finally reached his 10th start in showing the best form of his career, weighing in this month with his first goal of the season and two assists. As the first home grown player at the club, I'm delighted for him as I honestly expected him to just fill in the backup spots until his contract runs out.

I bet Sonni Nattestad can't quite believe he wanted to 'move to a bigger club' and only ended up at a Spanish side called San Fernando CD whilst we achieved back to back promotions since his departure! The Faroe Islands international had featured 37 times for us after I brought him from Molde for Ł160K before moving on to Spain for Ł220K. There he has racked up 75 appearances, scoring twice and is now valued at just Ł90,000.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Stonker of a turnaround. Just need to maintain the momentum and you'll be fine

Scored in every game and 2 clean sheets. If only you hadn't had that bad run, the play-offs might be in sight.

Nattestad doesn't look too bad. Is he still on your radar ?
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I don't really want the playoffs, the last thing I want is to get in the Premier League and then have expectations so high that they'll fire me if we are in danger of relegation

Nah, Nattestad is no longer on the shortlist!

vCash
    • MASSIVE 6 pointer win v Hull!
    • AMAZING month to get you out of it – same now IMO as Villa look doomed
    • Laws brought all his leadership qualities to the fore
    • Sonni is a Faroese cult legend in Spain
    • Only 6 points from top half of the table now

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    It just showed how tight the league was when we slipped all the way down to the bottom. Always kept faith and hopefully we'll now confirm a place to consolidate!

vCash

Global Attraction - Season 9 - April
    Nations = 24
    Andorra, Australia, Belgium, Burundi, Canada, England, Finland, France, Ghana, Greece, Luxembourg, Montserrat, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Saint Lucia, Scotland, Spain, Surinam, Sweden, Wales, Zimbabwe

Five games to play this month and then our final game will take place in May. Have we done enough to guarantee safety? With a six point gap on Aston Villa in 22nd, we hopefully need to only win four of our final six matches to remain in the Championship next season. Without further do, let's get the job done!

Championship

The road to staying up begins at Rotherham (7th) which is a tough looking encounter. Having lost his place last time out to Alex McCarthy, Wouter Pastoor is drafted back in fort his one as the only change to a side which has been fairly settled of late. We have just the one shot off target in the first half but nevertheless, it's 0:0. We wake up in the second half and Ryan Powell gets his 10th goal of the season to win us the game. Our graduate now needs only one more goal to match his previous best which came some six years ago when he first came through the academy! We are now five points clear of the drop zone, requiring 10 points to be mathematically safe.

Rotherham 0:1 Leamington
    Pastoor 7, Asante 6, Hughes 7, Agovic 8, Dijksteel 6, Laws 6, Michos 6 (Chapman 7), Taravel 6, Powell 8, Drinan 7, Byrne 7.
    Goals - Powell.
    Assists - Drinan.

It's international call-up time and Mikael Soisalo is again selected for Finland whilst both Inaki Valenzuela Lozano (Andorra) and Alen Agovic (Luxembourg) have also earned recalls.

Championship

Huddersfield (2nd) are an even tougher prospect to face after recently confirming a playoff spot and are ten points clear of Fulham in 3rd which means they know that a win could see them confirm promotion to the promised land. There's two changes to my team as the goalkeepers are again swapped around with McCarthy starting whilst Jay Chapman has earned a start with Panagiotis Michos making way. Huddersfield's Slovenian playmaker (shortlisted!) opens the scoring in the 22nd minute and we're unable to find a response, looking defeated with a second Huddersfield goal in the 76th minute. But we're a different team in the past couple of months and never give up, Powell getting his equal career best of 11 goals by responding in the 85th minute and then Michos comes off the bench to get us an injury time equaliser! The salvaged point gets us up to 15th and 7 points clear, meaning we now need five points from the final four games!

Leamington 2:2 Huddersfield
    McCarthy 7, Asante 6, Hughes 7, Agovic 7, Dijksteel 7, Laws 8, Drinan 7 (Smith 7), Taravel 7, Powell 7, Chapman 6 (Michos 9), Byrne 7 (Soisalo 8).
    Goals - Powell, Michos.
    Assists - Soisalo.

Championship

Just two days later, we're heading to Aston Villa and I name a much changed side as frankly, the players who finished the Huddersfield match are knackered! It's a rare opportunity for some players to show what they've got in their locker with Inaki Valezuela Lozano, Tom King, Scott Barrow, Erik Stokke, Warren Smith, Macauley Bonne and Mikael Soisalo all having less than 10 starts this season. With ourselves being on a 10 game unbeaten run, can these lads keep our run going against a Villa side who are 20th and four points behind? Scott Barrow's first goal for Leamington on his 60th appearance puts us ahead but it's cancelled out just four minutes later. It's a tense game and few chances on offer so there's no surprise when it ends 1:1 which suits me perfectly, for it means we now need just two points from the last thee games to be safe.

Aston Villa 1:1 Leamington
    McCarthy 8, Valenzuela Lozano 7, King 6, Muleba 7, Barrow 8, Stokke 5, Smith 6, Marsh 6 (Theate 7), Bonne 7, Chapman 6, Soisalo 6.
    Goals - Barrow.

Championship

13th placed Bristol Rovers are greeted by the return of our usual starters, yet a mix-up by Jonathan Muleba and Agovic gifted them the opening goal. We battle back in style with Aaron Drinan (5) equalising and then Muleba (3) himself makes amends to put us ahead. The visitors would probably be unlucky to go home without a point but they get it with a goal in the last kick of the game. It's a real kick in the nuts for us as it would have guaranteed our safety but as it happens, Burnley were beaten so we are safe anyway! Meanwhile, remaining unbeaten for a 12th game has set a new club record! What a contrast to that awful run only a few months ago!

Leamington 2:2 Bristol Rovers
    McCarthy 8, Dijksteel 7, Hughes 7, Muleba 6, Agovic 5, Laws 6, Drinan 6 (Smith 6), Taravel 7, Powell 6, Michos 7, Byrne 7.
    Goals - Drinan, Muleba.
    Assists - Hughes x2.

There's a short break for the international friendlies and sadly, Soisalo doesn't feature for Finland but Valenzuela Lozano is named as captain for cap number 22 but Andorra lose 1:0 to Kosovo. Agovic comes on as a substitute for his 4th cap for Luxembourg who defeat Liechtenstein 2:0.

Championship

Despite scoring against Bristol Rovers, Muleba's form has dropped of late and so he is replaced by Joseph Asante who goes to right-back with Anfernee Dijksteel moving inside. It's the only change to the team to take on Stoke (10th) who score after 35 minutes. Powell's goal on the hour mark is a season best return of 12 goals for him and it's enough to save us a point and extend our unbeaten run to the final game of the season!

Stoke 1:1 Leamington
    McCarthy 7, Asante 6, Hughes 7, Dijksteel 6 (Barrow 6), Agovic 5, Laws 5, Drinan 6 (Soisalo 6), Taravel 7, Powell 7, Michos 7, Byrne 6.
    Goals - Powell.
    Assists - Hughes.

After that horror run of 14 games without a win through November to February, we have turned this around amazingly to record 13 games without defeat since. It would be just the tonic now to avoid defeat in our final game against Sunderland (7th) to make it an exact parallel of results!

Believe it or not, transfer listed Alex McCarthy now has the best form in the squad after coming back in the side with a string of decent displays. This was the McCarthy I had expected, not the one who turns up late and looking unfit to training! He may be performing well but I will not change my mind about making him for sale.

As one of a trio of players that I never particularly wanted to sell (after Joan Guerrero and Kevin Sundstrom), let's see how Piotr Maczynski is getting on at Shrewsbury since we sold him for Ł850,000. Well, the move has certainly helped him to finally get capped at Under 21 level for Poland after he'd been called up numerous times without playing whilst with us. But after 29 goals across four years in 126 appearances, our old Polish starlet has scored only 5 times for Shrewsbury from 49 appearances though 25 of those were from the bench. Maczynski certainly played his part in helping Shrewsbury to win the Championship title in his first season but has struggled for starts in the top flight though Shrewsbury are coping well, currently 12th. Now valued at a whopping Ł4,700,000, Maczynski is on the transfer list by request and we do have a 25% sell on clause.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Happy days!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Včrkűh For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Yup, great to have confirmation of survival! Next couple of seasons will be very interesting now with hopefully the ground/training facilities being upgraded.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Sterling work

#bringbackbonne

vCash

Global Attraction - Season 9 - May
    Nations = 24

It's with relief that I can safely tell my players to simply enjoy themselves in our final fixture of the season. I do make it clear though that I'd like to sign off the season without defeat just to counter that awful run of 14 games without a win and put it to bed by going undefeated for 14 games.

Championship

Standing in our way is Sunderland who have an outside chance of qualifying for the final playoff spot though they are 3 points behind Mansfield who are the favourites to take 6th. Left winger Jamie Byrne had damaged his shoulder in training so misses out on this one, with Jay Chapman returning to the starting XI as Panagiotis Michos moves over to the left. Perhaps Sunderland know they haven't really got a good chance of getting that playoff spot but either way, we deservedly take a lead as we make a bright start count with Aaron Drinan getting a 6th goal of the season. It should take us into half-time in the lead but typically, Sunderland beat Alex McCarthy with their first attempt at goal. We carry on the good work into the second half but cannot find a second goal and Sunderland don't even have another attempt! It's just what I wanted to see from our lads and everyone goes home happy in completing the season in 17th place and a club record 14 games unbeaten!

Leamington 1:1 Sunderland
    McCarthy 7, Asante 7, Hughes 6, Dijksteel 8, Agovic 7, Laws 8, Drinan 8 (Soisalo 7), Taravel 6 (Marsh 6), Powell 7, Chapman 6 (Smith 7), Michos 7.
    Goals - Drinan.
    Assists - Powell.
    MotM - Drinan.

After an excellent end to the season, we make a point of applauding the fans sincerely for the after match lap of honour to thank the supporters for their support, even through the sticky run. It'd been the first time we've encountered such form during my nine years in charge and I was only too appreciative that they never wavered in their support. 5,957 were there on the final game of the season and I can only hope now that, armed with Ł8,626,088 in the bank, we'll have the ability at long last to expand our stadium which in turn will hopefully put us in the position to make a profit from gate receipts for the first time.

As I give the lads a couple of days off before reporting for the usual post season meetings and medical, I arrange a meeting with my mysterious board to try and get the ball rolling in terms of expanding. Amazingly, they don't feel that the stadium needs expanding but do agree to improve the training facilities. I'm baffled in all honesty as the improvements should be the other way around. Perhaps it's because we've never actually sold out in our 6,000 capacity stadium with our record being 5,998 against Fulham. I will certainly be revisiting the situation this time next year which means I may have to be careful financially in the transfer market once again for the next twelve months.

I celebrate in private at home with loved ones, friends and family and then return to the New Windmill on the Tuesday to discuss the previous twelve months and the future with each of my 33 members of the squad.

GOALKEEPERS
    Adam Corcoran (16 apps), Alex McCarthy (22 apps), Wouter Pastoor (92 apps).
    Spoiler!

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the goals conceded column has not made for great reading this year as we tackle yet another step up in English football. Interestingly, it's not our worst record for goals against as we'd conceded 77 goals in finishing 6th six years ago in the National League. Still, it's not the worst in the league either as 11 teams have conceded more than us. It's been a case of battling for the goalkeeping spot for two players this season as Adam Corcoran did not feature at all. Wouter Pastoor has played the most, conceding 47 goals in the process which has upset his previous decent record with us. Still, I am happy enough with his efforts even though Alex McCarthy has surprisingly recorded a higher average rating. McCarthy, who only signed a two year deal with us, has a year left on his contract and remains on the transfer list after repeatedly showing unprofessional behaviour throughout the year. Unless he finds a buyer

DEFENDERS
    Alen Agovic (175 apps), Joseph Asante (16 apps), Scott Barrow (61 apps), Anfernee Dijksteel (100 apps), Marcelo Djalo (41 apps), Janoi Donacien (195 apps), Michael Hughes (74 apps), Tom King (70 apps), Jonathan Muleba (72 apps), Ali Suljic (4 apps), Inaki Valenzuela Lozano (133 apps), Murray Wallace (18 apps).
    Spoiler!

The defence is where I think we'll see the most improvements in the next couple of years. To have three players - Tom King, Ali Suljic and Marcelo Djalo getting an average rating of less than 6.00 is just awful. I'm especially disappointed with Suljic as my latest signing who should be an upgrade following the departure of Harry Kyprianou as a bad egg in the group. Right-backs Inaki Valenzuela Lozano and new signing Joseph Asante haven't pulled up any trees either whilst Scott Barrow is what he is, an academy graduate who is simply a backup player whilst Murray Wallace was perhaps unfortunate not to feature at all. The quintet of Alen Agovic, Anfernee Dijksteel, Jonathan Muleba (who certainly knows where the net is!), Janoi Donacien and Michael Hughes have been my most reliable players and though not the best players in the squad, they have at least maintained a level of consistency that I'm happy with. In terms of the future, Djalo remains homesick and transfer listed and there's four players who are now entering the last year of their contracts. Wallace is one of them and has now been listed too after he understandably isn't interested. The other three are Agovic, Donacien and Barrow who have been offered new terms - The former two will have the opportunity to prolong their stay at the club and add to their 175 and 195 appearances respectively whilst Barrow will continue to operate in the background as a youth player on a minor wage.

MIDFIELDERS
    Jamie Byrne (195 apps), Jay Chapman (101 apps), Aaron Drinan (26 apps), Caolan Lavery (227 apps), Richard Laws (112 apps), Jak Marsh (143 apps), Panagiotis Michos (42 apps), Warren Smith (130 apps), Mikael Soisalo (55 apps), Luis Sousa Silva (208 apps), Erik Stokke (109 apps), Tarek Taravel (66 apps), Arthur Theate (5 apps), Dominic Wells (30 apps), Chris Willock (113 apps).
    Spoiler!

I have been pleasantly surprised with Richard Laws who has come out of nowhere to take the defensive midfield slot himself by the end of the season. With Erik Stokke having a below-par season and Luis Sousa Silva losing form after a fine start, Laws grasped the mantle. In midfield, Jak Marsh has done well to score 7 goals before losing form himself whilst Arthur Theate has not quite lived up to the expectations I had set for him but I have faith he'll come good. Talking of coming good, Tarek Taravel has had his most productive season yet in scoring five from midfield and may be able to carry that on. In attacking midfield, the likes of Dominic Wells, Jay Chapman, Mikael Soisalo and Warren Smith have all had quiet seasons. Jamie Byrne has surprised me in breaking back into the side like Laws and got a career high return of 4 goals this season having only scored twice before. I had expected more from Chris Willock but I'm extremely pleased with both of the new signings - Aaron Drinan and Panagiotis Michos whose versatility have come in useful and have settled in nicely. Last but not least, Caolan Lavery may now be 33 but is still a key player and fortunately, we managed without him after his season was cut short by the torn groin muscle. We have only three players out of contract in twelve months time and they're all happy to talk terms on renewal - Lavery himself will possibly see out his career with us now whilst Taravel will be given the opportunity to improve. The third is Wells, who like Barrow, will command a small wage and fill up a backup slot as a young player.

STRIKERS
    Macauley Bonne (189 apps), Adam Nelson (41 apps), Ryan Powell (128 apps).
    Spoiler!

After reaching double figures in the past four years, I'm gutted that Macauley Bonne has struggled to make the step up to this level after just three goals from 14 appearances. In fairness, Ryan Powell has been superb since taking his chance midway through the season which kept Bonne's gametime limited. Powell's 12 goals is a career high, as is his 6 assists and 32 starts. The 24 year old has certainly surprised us all whilst Adam Nelson has reverted to being a backup player after finally scoring his first goals for the club last year. He did score one but then dropped down the pecking order as the season went on. Sadly, the lack of game time is a problem for Bonne whose contract is up in twelve months and he doesn't want to renew. Does this mean his journey with Leamington has come to an end?

To summarise, we have offered contracts to Scott Barrow, Janoi Donacien, Alen Agovic, Tarek Taravel, Dominic Wells and Caolan Lavery. Murray Wallace and Macauley Bonne are not interested in discussing new terms so we'll see if they generate any interest as they join Marcelo Djalo and Alex McCarthy on the transfer list.

The first to agree a new deal is Taravel as he pens a five year deal. Agovic is tied up for the next six years and Donacien, Barrow and Wells for the next four. Lavery was the last to commit, signing a three year contract.

As everyone jetted off on their holidays, the remainder of the month passed by quietly as we received no offers for the four transfer listed players which means we don't expect to sign anybody at this moment in time.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great effort Mark, some run to finish the season.

The Irishman, the Greek and somewhat surprisingly Powell all stand outs.

Look forward to seeing some recruitment ( a striker is a must surely)

29. The Following User Says Thank You to dweatherston11 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dweatherston11 View Post
    Great effort Mark, some run to finish the season.

The Irishman, the Greek and somewhat surprisingly Powell all stand outs.

Look forward to seeing some recruitment ( a striker is a must surely)
    Chuffed with the turnaround, gives us a chance to consolidate!

Yep, striker a potential new signing if Bonne ends up moving on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Chuffed with the turnaround, gives us a chance to consolidate!

Yep, striker a potential new signing if Bonne ends up moving on.
    Can't believe it, I'm distraught.... Bonne's going in the Binne

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big E For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Won't sign a new deal so got to see if he'll gain any interest

vCash
    • Powell - Amazing how Bonne has been left in the shadows this seasons by how this fella has done!
    • Great draw v Villa – keeps them in the poo
    • Wahahahahahha – a new unbeaten record – great stuff – what a topsy turvy season
    • Shame about McCarthy as he could have stayed another year and done the job
    • Last game still important as could be the difference between a decent bit of money
    • How are finances currently looking – good to get an idea now before usual summer financial changes
    • Has stadium mostly sold out this season? Rather keep the cash to improve playing squad or ask to extend ground a little?
    • Ah – “The Pole” – still looks a fine player  - but if he does get sold then a nice chunk of change!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    • Great that the unbeaten run keeps going but missed out on a few places if you would have won
    • Ah – nice bank balance and great to see a full house in last game 
    • Can understand board not wanting to expand. First season in championship – and hey – apart from a late run you could have gone back down! This is the situation Swans are in in real life where talk of expanding when in prem and good job they didn’t now! I think it will need at least another season or 2 in championship before they agree to expand. But maybe the thinking is they will just rather do it “forced” of getting to the promised land of PL!

• GK – odd situation you find yourself in but unless a pearler comes on the market I don’t see you changing anything

• DEF – Agovic great as ever, Dijksteel remains invaluable for various positions, shame about Hughes – can you re-train him into a BEAST DMC? King continues to disappoint, Suljic been a MASSIVE let down. WOW – MUZZA with 0 apps I’ve never got the constant contracts for Donacien and Barrow with pace of 1 wouldn’t get a new deal from me. Let’s hope you get Agovic tied up soon!

• MID – Chapman over the hill, Drinan done better than expected, Lavery still has quality but age isn’t on side, Marsh has some crazy numbers given how gash he looks fiar play!, Greek done well, looks like I was right about Saisolo, Silva always solid for you, would like to see Theate given more game time,

• STR – Meh – Powell’s goal ratio is only slightly better than Bonne’s this season and Powell has benefitted from the run. I continue to be amazed how well you do as “on paper” you have always lacked a top striker (but I think the same in defence as well, think Midfiedl you usually have good quality and options) Gonna cash in one Bonne or leave it expire? Ah – wow – listing him – that’s gonna upset some fans!

Great news on Agovic!

Still believe you are throwing away too long contracts on average players willy nilly

Good luck for next season – 2-3 new recruits and I predict a mid-table season could be possible – anything better be brilliant but TBH escaping relegation is probably what should be expected

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great effort to turn around that dreadful run mid season. You have the bones of a Championship squad and with the prize money and TV money for next season, I hope that you will be getting the chairman to sign a few cheques that will get you challenging at the sharp end. Certainly need to reduce that 74 conceded
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Fantastic effort, Mark. delighted you stayed up and in the end with a hell of a lot of breathing room. Hell of a run to go 14 undefeated!

Been a while since I had time to catch up so I will head off and read the seaspn review next.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny Dalglish's Smile For This Useful Post:

vCash
    • Powell - Amazing how Bonne has been left in the shadows this seasons by how this fella has done!
    • Great draw v Villa – keeps them in the poo
    • Wahahahahahha – a new unbeaten record – great stuff – what a topsy turvy season
    • Shame about McCarthy as he could have stayed another year and done the job
    • Last game still important as could be the difference between a decent bit of money
    • How are finances currently looking – good to get an idea now before usual summer financial changes
    • Has stadium mostly sold out this season? Rather keep the cash to improve playing squad or ask to extend ground a little?
    • Ah – “The Pole” – still looks a fine player  - but if he does get sold then a nice chunk of change!
    Finances stand at Ł8,131,738 as of 2nd June.

We've never had a sell out but highest attendance was 5,998 this season. Just two short! Average is at an all time high of 5,777. Up from previous of 3,962!

• Great that the unbeaten run keeps going but missed out on a few places if you would have won
    • Ah – nice bank balance and great to see a full house in last game 
    • Can understand board not wanting to expand. First season in championship – and hey – apart from a late run you could have gone back down! This is the situation Swans are in in real life where talk of expanding when in prem and good job they didn’t now! I think it will need at least another season or 2 in championship before they agree to expand. But maybe the thinking is they will just rather do it “forced” of getting to the promised land of PL!

• GK – odd situation you find yourself in but unless a pearler comes on the market I don’t see you changing anything

• DEF – Agovic great as ever, Dijksteel remains invaluable for various positions, shame about Hughes – can you re-train him into a BEAST DMC? King continues to disappoint, Suljic been a MASSIVE let down. WOW – MUZZA with 0 apps I’ve never got the constant contracts for Donacien and Barrow with pace of 1 wouldn’t get a new deal from me. Let’s hope you get Agovic tied up soon!

• MID – Chapman over the hill, Drinan done better than expected, Lavery still has quality but age isn’t on side, Marsh has some crazy numbers given how gash he looks fiar play!, Greek done well, looks like I was right about Saisolo, Silva always solid for you, would like to see Theate given more game time,

• STR – Meh – Powell’s goal ratio is only slightly better than Bonne’s this season and Powell has benefitted from the run. I continue to be amazed how well you do as “on paper” you have always lacked a top striker (but I think the same in defence as well, think Midfiedl you usually have good quality and options) Gonna cash in one Bonne or leave it expire? Ah – wow – listing him – that’s gonna upset some fans!

Great news on Agovic!

Still believe you are throwing away too long contracts on average players willy nilly

Good luck for next season – 2-3 new recruits and I predict a mid-table season could be possible – anything better be brilliant but TBH escaping relegation is probably what should be expected
    We only have a 6k ground though which is surely League Two standard, never mind League One!

Donacien has been a great servant to the club, helped us to climb the leagues over the years. Would you have discarded the likes of Ashley Williams and Leon Britton so easily at Swansea?

Soisalo has had bad luck with injuries but could well have reached his level, yes. I do expect Theate to break into the team now, perhaps just needed to settle in first like Chapman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    Great effort to turn around that dreadful run mid season. You have the bones of a Championship squad and with the prize money and TV money for next season, I hope that you will be getting the chairman to sign a few cheques that will get you challenging at the sharp end. Certainly need to reduce that 74 conceded
    Not sure about the bones of a Championship squad but I do think we'll slowly change the overall quality of the squad in time. With a first year under our belt, this is the time to start improving that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Dalglish's Smile View Post
    Fantastic effort, Mark. delighted you stayed up and in the end with a hell of a lot of breathing room. Hell of a run to go 14 undefeated!

Been a while since I had time to catch up so I will head off and read the seaspn review next.
    Chuffed to bits with how we turned it around. Would have been a horrendous end to the story if I was sacked after my first sticky spell as manager!

vCash

Global Attraction - Season 9 - June
    Nations = 24

As always, June is a very quiet month as everyone goes away on their holidays, myself included. In all honesty, unless there was any interest in the transfer listed quartet of Alex McCarthy, Murray Wallace, Marcelo Djalo and Macauley Bonne, I didn't expect us to look into signing any new players.

Changes were made to the backroom staff though as contracts came to an end.

The medical side saw two of them as 44 year old Scott McKenzie and 48 year old Louis Steele both left us after four years at the club. They are replaced with Leatherhead's 45 year old Steve Stokes and 43 year old Danny Simpson who wasn't tied to a club.

A third and final change was made to my scouting team as the contract of Kim Kallstrom had run down after four years as well. It'd been great to have a well known former professional the club but in reality, I knew there were better scouts out there who could contribute to the global project. He was allowed to leave the club and we replaced him with Tom Parker from Llanberis in Wales.

I also learned that we'd invested Ł1,600,000 into improving the training facilities at the club which is fantastic news. The facilities had been the same since I'd arrived eight years ago and we were now able to train off the pitch! It does mean our bank balance dropped to just over seven million which is fine by me as that's exactly the reason why I've opted to play the free transfer and loan market over the years, in order to build up a healthy balance to be invested in the club infrastructure.

The money was balanced out and then some either way when we received Ł3,200,000 that puts more than Ł10,000,000 in the bank!

As we fast approached July 1st, there would be no new faces as the players reported back for pre-season. Interest had been shown in Wallace and McCarthy but no offers had been put forward. The players though, were in for one of our busiest pre-season schedules as we'd lined up six friendlies which should offer every player the opportunity to get two full games under their belts in readiness for the season ahead!

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post: