Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334

Thread: The World of Football Management - Chapter 7 - Global Attraction

vCash
    Ticking along nicely in the league, but it is a bit of a worry that it's the same names cropping up every month. Do you need some new blood coming through ?
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    Ticking along nicely in the league, but it is a bit of a worry that it's the same names cropping up every month. Do you need some new blood coming through ?
    Isn't that a good thing? They're playing well enough to continually offer something at this level.

Mind you - I know what you mean and I do envisage changes in the future. We have 12 players out of contract at the end of next season (just the 2 this season) so I can see a few changes going on providing they are sold and don't run the contract down as McCarthy and Bonne are currently doing.

vCash

Global Attraction - Season 10 - December
    Nations = 24
    Andorra, Australia, Belgium, Burundi, Canada, England, Finland, France, Ghana, Greece, Luxembourg, Montserrat, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Saint Lucia, Scotland, Spain, Surinam, Sweden, Wales, Zimbabwe

It's almost time for the festive football season that everybody loves! For me, it should be quite a simple one given there's only five games on the calendar this month with no midweek games in between the first four until we play Cardiff on Boxing Day and then face Cardiff two days later. It's also that time where we can look ahead at those who are entering their final six months and could be available on a Bosman. I'll certainly look at who would be interested in joining the club but as always, it'd be dependent on who leaves the club come 1st July.

Championship

Two changes are made for our first game of the month against Bury, both for injury reasons. The first sees Alex Davey replace Tom King at left-back who suffered a wrist injury in training. After two seasons on the fringes of the side, King has surprised us all in breaking back in and performing reasonably well. The second change sees Jamie Byrne dropped as Aaron Drinan makes a return from the strained ankle ligaments sustained last month that had ruled him out for two weeks. We have been growing in confidence at the New Windmill Ground this season but were left shell-shocked when Bury took the lead after two minutes after pouncing on a good sliding tackle from Alen Agovic. But two goals in three minutes swung the game in our favour thanks to goals from Drinan (3) and Arthur Theate (2). A third arrived five minutes into the second half courtesy of Agovic (4) who actually becomes our joint top scorer with Ryan Powell! But in typical fashion, just days after I praised our defensive side of the game after showing improvement in comparison to last year, Bury found a second goal with only their second shot on target and they won a last minute penalty when Lavery of all people clattered a Bury player inside the box, allowing them to convert from the spot to earn a point.

Leamington 3:3 Bury
    McCarthy 6, Dijksteel 6, Davey 8, Muleba 6, Agovic 6, Stokke 6, Michos 7 (Smith 6), Theate 9, Bonne 7 (Powell 6), Lavery 7, Drinan 8 (Soisalo 6).
    Goals - Drinan, Theate, Agovic.
    Assists - Theate x2.
    MotM - Theate.

Championship

Bournemouth away sees King back in the side after his wrist injury healed up but not at the expense of Davey who was actually superb despite seeing us concede three times against Bury. Instead, it's Jonathan Muleba who makes way as King lines up in the middle besides Agovic who is captain after Muleba had previously worn the armband for the last nine games. Unfortunately though, it was another bad day at the office for McCarthy and co. as we concede a goal in each half and although Bonne (3) grabbed a now-rare goal, we were unable to find an equaliser.

Bournemouth 2:1 Leamington
    McCarthy 7, Dijksteel 7, Davey 6, King 7, Agovic 6, Stokke 8, Michos 7 (Smith 7), Theate 7 (Marsh 7), Bonne 7, Lavery 7 (Soisalo 6), Drinan 6.
    Goals - Bonne.

Somewhere else, far, far away - Jay Chapman has won a recall to the Canadian national side after five years, coming on as a substitute for his 25th cap in a 1:0 friendly win over Benin.

Championship

Hoping to get back to winning ways after three without a victory, there's just the one change in midfield as Panagiotis Michos hasn't been as effective recently. Coming in on the right wing instead is Warren Smith who makes his 149th appearance. It's a fairly even game, with both enjoying the same amount of chances before Rotherham upped the tempo late on but our defence sustained it, earning another draw, our sixth at home this season in addition to six wins.

Leamington 0:0 Roherham
    McCarthy 8, Dijksteel 7 (Donacien 6), Davey 7, King 8, Agovic 8, Stokke 7, Smith 7, Theate 8 (Marsh 6), Bonne 7, Lavery 7 (Michos 7), Drinan 7.

It's bad news for Drinan who has strained knee ligaments and will be out for two weeks. Fortunately, there's an international break of friendlies as Agovic is a substitute for his 6th cap but sees Luxembourg lose 3:1 to Malta. Valenzuela Lozano has better luck on his 27th cap for Andorra, captaining them to a 2:1 win over San Marino though his performance was questionable.

Championship

Next to visit us is Cardiff, for whom Kevin Sundstrom is on the books but has not appeared at all for them this season. Our former Swede, now 25, had been put on our shortlist earlier on this season which raised the possibility of a reunion in the future but sadly, our scout no longer thinks he'll be a worthwhile addition to the squad after scouting Cardiff ahead of this game. The team is unchanged for this Boxing Day fixture, a tough one given that Cardiff have the potential to end our unbeaten home run as they (and Q.P.R.) are also still unbeaten on their own turf too. We actually enjoy the better of possession and shots in the first half but it's goalless by the break. A breakthrough is found in the 57th minute through Smith (3) but the lead lasts just two minutes before Cardiff equalise. A penalty is awarded in the 63rd and it's in our favour this time as a Cardiff player had jumped unfairly with Smith. Theate, who has missed two spot kicks already this season, stepped up confidently and sent the 'keeper the wrong way to put us ahead and ultimately hand us victory.

Leamington 2:1 Cardiff
    McCarthy 8, Dijksteel 8, Davey 7 (Barrow 6), King 8, Agovic 8, Stokke 9, Smith 8 (Michos 7), Theate 7 (Marsh 6), Bonne 8, Lavery 7, Drinan 7.
    Goals - Smith, Theate.
    Assists - Smith.
    MotM - Dijksteel.

Championship

After an enjoyable Boxing Day, we travel to Wigan two days later who by sheer coincidence, we also faced two days after playing Cardiff earlier on this season! Like then, we make mass changes with only McCarthy, King and Agovic staying in the side as starts were handed to Scott Barrow, Janoi Donacien, Richard Laws, Jak Marsh, Dominic Wells, Chapman, Michos and Powell. How would we get on with five academy players out there? Well, after Wigan saw a man sent off on the half hour for kicking out at King, you'd think we'd make the most of the advantage only for Wigan to score seconds later. Even with ten men for an hour, we simply weren't at the races and the players who came in just didn't take their chance to break into the team for a run of games.

Wigan 1:0 Leamington
    McCarthy 7, Donacien 7, King 6, Barrow 7, Agovic 5, Laws 8, Wells 7, Marsh 6, Powell 7, Chapman 6 (Soisalo 7), Michos 7.

Having won just once but drawn twice in five games this month, we have dropped to 12th. The Wigan game aside though, I'm pleased with how things are going. It's getting tight again in midtable but it's exactly where I hope we'll end up having finished 17th last year. The time is coming where we'll soon have an idea of where we could potentially finish which will give us something to work towards. Meanwhile, it's probably handy that the regulars were rested for the Wigan game as we will now take on Arsenal in the FA Cup!

After his performances this month, I think it'll be no surprise to see that the spotlight is shining on Arthur Theate. The 26 year old Belgian has finally come into his own after a slow start to his career with us and has racked up 3 goals and 5 assists to date. Unfortunately for us, he remains homesick but still has two and a half years on his contract with us.

Instead of going back in order as we have been for our ex-players, we focus on one player in particular after he made a £3.4M move! We had a 25% sell on clause included in the deal when regrettably agreeing to the sale of Piotr Maczynski to Shrewsbury for £850K. He'd featured 31 times, scoring 4 as Shrewsbury won promotion to the top flight but hasn't quite built on that in the promised land, starting just four times in the two seasons to date though he has made 25 appearances from the bench and scored twice. Still, he has now become an international for Poland, with five caps to his name! He has now dropped down to our league to join Nottm Forest who currently reside at the bottom of the table. It's certainly a great deal for us as we pocket £1,020,000 from the deal! Time will see if he'll be part of the Forest side to come to Leamington next month.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    A few annoying results but you're still hanging in there.

Theate is a guy that should you get promoted, he will remain elite to some extent

The Eejit is right in a sense, just have a little go at purchasing a couple of youngsters but don't confirm anything - just to get a price

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobclear For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I don't work that way. If you read the story from the start, we always have a squad of 33 players. I only buy players once one of the 33 are moved on.

vCash
    What a player Macca was. added to the original fee, that is £1,870,000 that you have got for him. Good business.

I think there was always going to be a month like that. Still in the hunt for a playoff, but you need to avoid another winter slump. Mid table will be good considering this was basically the team that got you promoted

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I don't work that way. If you read the story from the start, we always have a squad of 33 players. I only buy players once one of the 33 are moved on.
    I knew that. Just saying that you could look for younger and perhaps better replacements for those two that have expiring contracts

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobclear For This Useful Post:

vCash
    What a player Macca was. added to the original fee, that is £1,870,000 that you have got for him. Good business.

I think there was always going to be a month like that. Still in the hunt for a playoff, but you need to avoid another winter slump. Mid table will be good considering this was basically the team that got you promoted
    I did love Maczynski! Honestly felt that he and Sundstrom, along with perhaps Guerrero in the DMC position, we could have had a midfield set for years.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobclear View Post
    I knew that. Just saying that you could look for younger and perhaps better replacements for those two that have expiring contracts
    Well obviously that goes without saying

vCash
    • “we play Cardiff on Boxing Day and then face Cardiff two days later” ?!
    • Drinan seems to have done well this season – can’t quite remember his att’s but seems to be involved in a lot when fit and playing
    • Agovic joint top scorer
    • Belter of a game from Theate
    • Just as I was saying on Drinan - He seems to pick up a lot of little injuries?
    • YESSSSSSSSSSSS – beat Cardiff
    • Poor loss at Wigan v 10 men but ya did have a load of kids/academy
    • Defence looks to be tighter but one o lowest scorers in league
    • HUGE game v Gunners!
    • Board confidence good?
    • Theate could just jump on Eurostar every weekend!
    • WOW – a cool £1m on “The Pole” – Surprised Shrews didn’t work out!
    • Looks like on 3 (ish) points from relegation places?!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    You love pointing out mistakes in the story, don't you?

We signed Drinan at the same time as Michos. I like them both but perhaps Michos looks the better player. Drinan this season so far has 3 goals and 1 assist from 22 appearances so not exactly weighing in a lot.

Yep, Agovic sure is clinical. For a defender, he's contributed a few. Has 14 in 7 years now.

Can't argue about the lack of goals. We're now 18th in that respect.

Of course the board confidence is good. Why would it be anything otherwise?

No, we're 11 points from the relegation spots mate

vCash
    I forgot to say that I'm looking forward to the Arsenal game. First time against one of the big teams. Is it home or away ?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash

Global Attraction - Season 10 - January
    Nations = 24
    Andorra, Australia, Belgium, Burundi, Canada, England, Finland, France, Ghana, Greece, Luxembourg, Montserrat, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Saint Lucia, Scotland, Spain, Surinam, Sweden, Wales, Zimbabwe

It's a New Year and we start it off in style as we get to travel to the Emirates and take on Arsenal. For some of the players, this is truly a measure of how far they have come over the years since we were in the Northern Premier League. The question is, will it inspire them to push even further in expectations and make this sort of trip a regular thing? Some might say it is beginning to become an annual thing after we were drawn at Chelsea in the 4th Round last season but lost 3:1!

FA Cup Third Round

For me, I'd like to see if we can improve on the 3:1 loss over Chelsea. The good thing about the fixture is that after being forced to rest Anfernee Dijksteel, Alex Davey, Erik Stokke, Arthur Theate, Warren Smith, Caolan Lavery and Macauley Bonne in that disappointing 1:0 defeat to Wigan, they all return fit as a fiddle. Alen Agovic leads us out as the skipper and with Arsenal's Brendan Rodgers notably fielding a few fringe players, we take the initiative in the 28th minute with a shock goal as Bonne feeds Pangiotis Michos (4) who loses his man and converts to put us ahead! The goal spooks Arsenal into life as they end up with 2 shots on target from 5 attempts in the first half in comparison to our 1 on target from 3. But they didn't score and we did. We also lost Dijksteel to injury in the 40th minute which sees Janoi Donacien come on at right-back. We emerge for the second half and Arsenal pile on the pressure, Alex McCarthy being in inspired form and saving everything that came his way. That is, until Ben Brereton sets up Nishan Burkart for an equaliser after 71 minutes. This time, the conceded goal gets us going as we hadn't had a shot on target since the goal. Bringing on Aaron Drinan and Dominic Wells (who, at 19, must be pinching himself at playing against Arsenal!), we step up the tempo and rain shots at the Arsenal goal to end with a respectable 9 shots at goal and 5 on target. Arsenal had 10, 6 on target. We go home with a replay and home advantage! On top of that, we have earned a cool £1,494,146 from the gate receipts and £17,500 through TV revenue! The only bad news is that Dijksteel will miss the replay on account of suffering a gashed leg. The victor of the replay will take on Huddersfield or Bournemouth.

Arsenal 1:1 Leamington
    McCarthy 8, Dijksteel 6 (Donacien 6), King 6, Davey 7, Agovic 7, Stokke 6, Smith 7 (Drinan 6), Theate 8, Bonne 7, Lavery 7, Michos 8 (Wells 6).
    Goals - Michos.
    Assists - Bonne.

Championship

I couldn't blame the players if they felt mentally drained after that monumental effort against Arsenal. This game at Middlesbrough comes only three days later and joining Dijksteel on the sidelines would be the rested Arthur Theate and Bonne. Replacing them are Donacien, Jak Marsh and a now 23 years of age Adam Nelson who makes his first appearance of the season. Indeed, the players looked a bit sluggish as we fall behind thanks to a penalty given away by McCarthy, who is booked, as are Agovi and Michos in the first half alone. Middlesbrough find the net again on the hour mark and although Davey (2) gives us hope after pulling one back, 'Boro then find a third goal to send us packing.

Middlesbrough 3:1 Leamington
    McCarthy 7, Donacien 5, King 6, Davey 6, Agovic 6, Stokke 6, Smith 7, Marsh 6, Nelson 7 (Powell 7), Lavery 7 (Chapman 7), Michos 6 (Drinan 6).
    Goals - Davey.
    Assists - Smith.

Once again, Jay Chapman goes flying across the globe to feature for Canada in a friendly against Guatemala which they lose 3:2. Oddly enough, he comes on as a 48th minute substitute to earn his 26th cap but is then taken off just 23 minutes later! It's fair to say he wasn't a happy chappy when he came back to us!

FA Cup Third Round Replay

I'm grateful to see that we had 8 days to prepare for the replay which gets the players fully recovered, Dijksteel excepted. Theate, Bonne and Lavery all return to the team for the visit of Arsenal but Donacien didn't make the most of his chance last time out so loses his spot to Inaki Valenzuela Lozano who makes only a 6th start. Brendan Rodgers certainly underestimated us last time out and has opted to field his big names this time - Jordan Pickford, Arthur, Dani Ceballos and Leroy Sane are all included. It takes them just 8 minutes to find a breakthrough this time before Sane limps off injured. We are capable of doing anything on our own patch this season and the legend that is Lavery (4) drills in a freekick from 20 yards to equalise in style. An early goal is scored in the second half, Arsenal finding the net just three minutes in. But just as we had in the first leg, we refuse to throw in the towel and have a go at Arsenal, eventually finishing the game with 10 shots to their 12. Did we manage an equaliser? Yes, we did as Bonne (4) forced it to a replay in the 78th minute! For a third time, Arsenal scored shortly after the start of a new period as they struck in the 93rd minute. By now, I was proud of the players regardless of what happened but nobody could have predicted what happened next. As Jay Chapman received the ball from Drinan, he turns and found himself clattered in the box to win a penalty. Up stepped Theate who had a 33% conversion rate from the spot but it soon became 50% as he levelled the game in the 114th minute! I now expected the game to go to penalties but with a minute left of play, Stokke picked up on a loose ball and hit it towards Chapman in the area who ran through the defence and headed it home for his first of the season and wheeled off in celebration, no doubt shouting obscenities at the Canadian national manager while he was at it! A minute later, the roof was blown off as the supporters (who bizarrely, hadn't sold out the stadium for this one) celebrated a genuine giant killing act! We did though, generate a club record £155,610 from gate receipts.

Leamington 4:3 Arsenal
    McCarthy 6, Valenzuela Lozano 7, King 7, Davey 8, Agovic 7, Stokke 9, Smith 6, Theate 7, Bonne 8 (Nelson 7), Lavery 8 (Chapman 8), Michos 6 (Drinan 7).
    Goals - Lavery, Bonne, Theate, Chapman.
    Assists - Chapman, Stokke.
    MotM - Stokke.

Championship

While the supporters enjoyed the euphoria of that FA Cup win that will go down in history, I slammed the Football League for forcing us to play on a Friday night in front of the TV cameras after playing 120 minutes of football on the Wednesday night. Naturally, there were a lot of tired legs out there and I wanted to rest all 10 starters (Agovic was banned anyway after picking up a 5th booking of the season) and Chapman and Drinan who'd come on as substitutes and put as much effort in. It meant that there was a real risk that we'd lose our unbeaten home record to Bristol City but what could I do? In the end, 9 were rested as Lavery started anyway with no other options to play the number 10 role. Forgotten man Chris Willock was handed a first start along with Joseph Asante, Donacien, Scott Barrow, Jonathan Muleba, Richard Laws, Tarek Taravel, Wells and Nelson. How would these lads get on against Bristol City who were currently 23rd. I hoped Lavery could inspire us and that the likes of Willock would be hungry to get back to a regular role in the team. We took the lead through Taravel but Bristol City went on to score FOUR goals to give us a thrashing. I was naturally disappointed that we'd finally been beaten at home this season but the supporters went home and genuinely didn't care after singing all the way through the full 90 minutes.

Leamington 1:4 Bristol City
    McCarthy 4, Asante 6, Donacien 7, Barrow 4, Muleba 7, Laws 6 (Sousa Silva 7), Wells 6 (Byrne 7), Taravel 7 (Marsh 6), Nelson 5, Lavery 6, Willock 5.
    Goals - Taravel.

Championship

We have the chance to make amends against Sunderland (9th) where after six games without a clean sheet and conceding 13 goals, McCarthy has lost his place to 19 year old Adam Corcoran who has not played for 18 months. The usual suspects came back into the fold after their rest but despite that, Sunderland led after 19 minutes and had another ruled out. We improved after the break but conceded again.

Leamington 0:2 Sunderland
    Corcoran 8, Dijksteel 6, Davey 7 (Muleba 7), King 7, Agovic 6, Stokke 7, Lavery 7 (Drinan 7), Theate 6, Bonne 7, Chapman 7 (Michos 7), Smith 6.

It soon emerged after the game that Theate had given an interview where he informed the local media that he felt that the club needed to invest in better players. While I think the world and his dog knows that we could attract a better calibre of player now that we're a Championship outfit and that he wasn't far off the truth, I simply cannot stand for comments like that to be made. I collared Theate the next time I saw him and after a chat in my office where I handed him a written warning for talking about affairs that he shouldn't, I then forced the Belgian to apologise to the squad on the training ground. He'd accepted the warning without comment but I privately felt that he may become a disruption to the squad given that he has effectively disrespected his own teammates who had gotten the club this far without his help! Hopefully the incident is now dealt with but it is something I will review at the end of the season.

FA Cup Fourth Round

Huddersfield had been the victor of their own replay against Bournemouth, winning 3:1 to set up the 4th Round tie at our place. This is now our fourth game in a row at home and having lost our unbeaten record in losing twice in a row, I'm desperate to put the record straight again but recognise that it'll be another tough ask with Huddersfield also being a Premier League side again after winning the Championship title last season (we won away and drew at home). This game has come on the back of playing in midweek which means a rest for Bonne, Stokke, Smith and Theate although it was probably best to remove Theate from the firing line anyway! With Agovic also replaced by Muleba, the four coming in are Laws, Marsh, Michos and Nelson. Although we'd lost the last two, I hoped we'd make the most of Huddersfield's confidence potentially being low as they are in the relegation spots. It looked as though we'd done just that with academy boys Laws and Nelson recording their first strikes of the season. However, a brace from their striker put the scores on a level pegging again. Undeterred, we emerged for the second half and grabbed another two goals through Muleba (2) and Michos (5) to make it to the Fifth Round for the first time in Leamington's history! We have also broken the gate receipts record after pulling in £155,870 from a crowd of 5,995 but failed to sell out once again. Our reward will be an away trip to either Burnley or Newcastle.

Leamington 4:2 Huddersfield
    Corcoran 8, Dijksteel 7, Davey 7 (Agovic 6), King 7, Muleba 8, Laws 8, Lavery 7, Marsh 7, Nelson 8, Chapman 6 (Drinan 6), Michos 7 (Byrne 6).
    Goals - Laws, Nelson, Muleba, Michos.
    Assists - Marsh.

Championship

A busy month is completed by a trip to Nottm Forest, the new home of Piotr Maczynski who has settled in nicely after scoring one and assisting one in four starts so far. Having not met him since we sold him, he's now added to our shortlist and I embrace him warmly after bumping into each other in the tunnel. Old times were soon forgotten as we set about ending a run of four defeats in the league. Theate was perhaps controversially brought back in but with Marsh underperforming and Taravel injured, I felt he had to play. Erik Stokke and Bonne were also recalled. Unfortunately, four become five as Nottm Forest raced into a 2:0 lead and won despite Lavery (5) pulling one back.

Nottm Forest 2:1 Leamington
    Corcoran 7, Dijksteel 6, Davey 7, King 6 (Agovic 7), Muleba 5, Stokke 7 (Laws 6), Lavery 8, Theate 7, Bonne 7, Chapman 7 (Smith 6), Michos 7.
    Goals - Lavery.

We had been 12th and enjoyed an 11 point gap to the relegation spots this time last month. But while it's been an adventure in the FA Cup in that we've been unbeaten in those three incredible games this month, the reality is that we've lost five on the trot in the league which has left us 19th and only four points from the drop spots. Personally, I am annoyed we have lost our unbeaten home form in dramatic style and hopefully we can get back to winning ways. We simply need players to get scoring regularly again as to score just 36 is a poor record.

He may not have the amount of goals as he used to but on form, Macauley Bonne appears to be back to his old self after contributing nicely in the FA Cup this month. It looks as though he'll be enjoying a final swan song with us before we release him at the end of the season. I am sure that I won't be the only one willing him to get to double figures before that time comes.

Connor Smith left us on a Bosman when joining Cambridge United 18 months ago. It seemed he lasted only last season before retiring as we cannot find anything about him at all. So we look instead at the last player to be sold by us, Harry Kyprianou who returned home to Aris Limassol in a £500K deal after 3 goals in 78 appearances. Now valued at just £70,000, the 29 year old has not featured for Cyprus since leaving us and has racked up 27 starts to date.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I forgot to say that I'm looking forward to the Arsenal game. First time against one of the big teams. Is it home or away ?
    Well, I hope you enjoy it Though we did play Chelsea last season

vCash
    What a shocking month! Just hate to see strikers not scoring.

Saw a bit too much yellow in the first few games so be careful of your tackling mentality

23. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobclear For This Useful Post:

vCash
    • My pointing out mistakes – just shows I’m reading it fully
    • Christ – no idea why I thought Drinan was doing better then
    • Just inquiring about board that is all – be interesting that if you got relegated would they sack you – I would hope they are realistic about where Leamington are though and what they cannot/do
    • Must be a big gap from 19th to relegation spots then!

• WHAT AN EFFORT v Arsenal! - Money in abnk, could have won and a replay – tough next round by sounds of it if you do get through (home or away?)
    • An understanble loss v Boro
    • Wahahahahahahah – wat a win v Arsenal – WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT. Chapman the hero after the week he had travelling and getting subbed on and off – incredible effort from all at the club!
    • Again – understandable loss v Bristol – but was going through in the cup worth it to lose 6 points? You’ll never take those days away from suporters though so I’d say it is 
    • Ugh – 2 home defeats on the bounce
    • Not good situation with Theate
    • Bloody hell – another cup win! Newcastle away would be £££££££££££££££££
    • Couple of wins and you’ll be safe enough
    • Bonne att’s look to be dropping (I think) but great he looks to be going out on good terms and a swansong
    • Harry – feck him – he was a bad egg!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobclear View Post
    What a shocking month! Just hate to see strikers not scoring.

Saw a bit too much yellow in the first few games so be careful of your tackling mentality
    Nah, I keep it at hard tackling all the time. It never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    • My pointing out mistakes – just shows I’m reading it fully
    • Christ – no idea why I thought Drinan was doing better then
    • Just inquiring about board that is all – be interesting that if you got relegated would they sack you – I would hope they are realistic about where Leamington are though and what they cannot/do
    • Must be a big gap from 19th to relegation spots then!

• WHAT AN EFFORT v Arsenal! - Money in abnk, could have won and a replay – tough next round by sounds of it if you do get through (home or away?)
    • An understanble loss v Boro
    • Wahahahahahahah – wat a win v Arsenal – WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT. Chapman the hero after the week he had travelling and getting subbed on and off – incredible effort from all at the club!
    • Again – understandable loss v Bristol – but was going through in the cup worth it to lose 6 points? You’ll never take those days away from suporters though so I’d say it is 
    • Ugh – 2 home defeats on the bounce
    • Not good situation with Theate
    • Bloody hell – another cup win! Newcastle away would be £££££££££££££££££
    • Couple of wins and you’ll be safe enough
    • Bonne att’s look to be dropping (I think) but great he looks to be going out on good terms and a swansong
    • Harry – feck him – he was a bad egg!
    That is true. Good attention to detail

Chuffed to bits with the Arsenal win. It should please Kingsley too who pointed out we've hardly had a cup run Shame it does seem to be at the expense of our league form though

Yep, we definitely don't miss Kyprianou although his ghost may be lingering in the form of Theate!

Willing Bonne to sign off in style. He may even be interested in talking terms on a new contract now he's getting more action but I never change my mind once a player has been put up for sale. Besides, we need a fresh face up there next season.

vCash
    Maybe a cup run is not so good after all.
    The difference in form between league and cup is staggering. I just hope you can stop this slump in the league quickly as we don't want another month like that.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334