Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 69757677787980 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 1989

Thread: The World of Football Management - Chapter 7 - Global Attraction

Tournaments Won: 10

vCash
    Nah, we practically get the most out of any player we end up moving on. It says it all that the only 2 we've sold against our wishes are the best two out of the lot.

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Always nice to see the careers of those ex Leamington guys!

Let's 'ave the new signings then!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash

vCash
    Patience ... Is he the Estonian midfielder who was a beast on ODB ? Good signing !
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash

Global Attraction - Season 21 - July
    Nations = 27
    Albania, Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Croatia, Denmark, Ecuador, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Guadeloupe, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Ivory Coast, Netherlands, Nigeria, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Turkey, Wales

As I prepare for my 21st year at Leamington, I was surprised to learn that I'm the longest serving manager in the top three tiers. Only Jim Bentley (Morecambe) and Simon Weaver (Harrogate) who are both in League Two have been in the hot seat longer than I have. It certainly shows that I've done well to take Leamington from where they were on day one but all that seemed to go out of the window in the last six months with a lot of pressure from the supporters and the board themselves. I know we need to hit the ground running this season otherwise things could get rather awkward again. With that in mind, I'm disappointed to see my deal for 27 year old defensive midfielder Srdjan Petkovic, from Serbia, break down due to a lack of a work permit. We'd been in a similar situation with a fellow Serb in January, who had 4 caps and didn't have a work permit so I kind of knew that this chap without any caps wouldn't get one either. But it means he is now removed from our shortlist and we've already identified someone else to bring in.

Let's first wave farewell to the other three players we knew would be leaving this Summer in Bosman deals. First, Emil Gunnarsson has dropped down to the Championship after two years on our books. The Icelandic had been our first from there to join us but failed to get on the pitch last year despite doing OK in his debut year, scoring 2 in 12 games. His age meant he couldn't quite keep up with the exploits of Cristian Perdomo whilst Yannick Evina was often outperforming him too. Ironically, he played the exact same amount of games for his country whilst with us, scoring once.

That brings me on to his fellow centre midfielder who, after participating in the African Nations, persuaded League One Bury to sign him up on free. 33 year old Yannick Evina has concluded five years at the club where he was never truly a regular. I always expect my midfielders to get double figures in either goals or assists and the Cameroonian, who played times, scoring 4 for his country as a Leamington player, never managed to do that. Overall, he leaves with a record of 7 assists and 16 goals in 112 appearances.

The time of South Korean Sung-Chan Kang is also up, who only just featured again for his country with 7 caps and a goal this season just gone. In two and a half years, Kang, who cost us only 130K managed only 2 assists and 6 goals in 54 appearances.

With those pleasantries out of the way, let me introduce you to Moura's replacement at long last. We have once again raided FC Copenhagen (where David Olsen arrived from) to sign our first ever Kenyan for 5.25M. Musaba Ngama has 42 caps which would have been no trouble for a work permit but his dual nationality with Denmark meant it wasn't an issue. He played just 26 games in his first season in his home country with Sharks before joining Nordsjaelland for 350K. After 8 years, he moved on up to FC Copenhagen for 4.7M and spent two years there before we swooped for his signature.

We have also finally filled the other position we've been attempting to fill for a year, with the arrival of Jose Machado from Danubio for just 2.1M. Our first ever Uruguayan, Machado has 26 caps for his nation which was enough to secure a work permit to allow him to leave Uruguay for the first time. He spent his career with River Plate (URU) for six years before a 750K switch to Danubio to spend another six years before joining us. I'm certainly excited to see what he has to offer us in the attacking midfield department!

Our third arrival is another new nationality, this time for Cape Verde Islands. A solid right winger, we've actually signed Dominique Monteiro on a Bosman from Udinese (coincidentally the third player we've signed from them in a year) where he struggled for game time in four years, starting just 10 games. Still only 23, Monteiro had started with Academica Porto, scoring 7 in 24 which had persuaded the Italian side to fork out 230K for his services.

This concludes our business to begin with but we have five more spots to fill and I'm reasonably confident over three of them. Time will tell if we're able to snap up all five but we have two months to get them over the line and I'm confident that, without any haggling over the contracts themselves of our targets, we'll get our men this time.

On the outgoing front, we've seen no interest in either Zoltan Meszaros or Tomas Malec as yet though there is a rumour that a Romanian team are keeping tabs on Shaun Thorne which hopefully comes true. Cristian Perdomo continues to attract interest whilst I was surprised to receive a 4.4M offer from Seattle for left-back Jonathan Anangono which has been rejected. His future will be reviewed at the end of this season season coming anyway. They then return with a bid of 5.25M which is also rejected. Man City then offer 13M for Perdomo, who was warned when appearing to indicate that he wants to make a move to Sheff Utd. He did apologise and hopefully that's the end of that matter.

Friendly
    We kick off our pre-season programme with a short trip to Derby where we've removed a few players from our shortlist after they'd dropped to the Championship last year, finishing 4th. As this is the first chance for those to improve on their poor form from last year, we see the likes of Marko Kovac and Paolo Capuano start with Ngama (wearing the number 6) also named and Machado on the bench (and issued the number 10). Perdomo, playing only because he's our only centre midfielder, is named as captain. I'm pleased to see Derby give us a test, which keeps Kovac busy to perform well but the Man of the Match is in fact Thorne who sets up Meszaros for the opener, scores one himself and then tees up Muhammed Ozturk for our third. Talk about putting himself in the shop window!

Derby 0:3 Leamington
    Kovac 8, Kruger 7, van den Brink 7, Capuano 7, Hopfer 7, Ngama 9, Malec 7, Perdomo 8, Thorne 10, Ozturk 8, Meszaros 8.
    Goals - Meszaros, Thorne, Ozturk.
    Assists - Thorne x2, Perdomo.
    MotM - Thorne.

Friendly
    As negotiations over transfer fees continue for five targets, we head off to Spain a week later to return to Hercules who had beaten us 3:1 in our first meeting in a friendly last year. Monteiro is handed the number 7 shirt but on the bench for this one as Machado starts with the team changed but for Perdomo in the middle. Vasilios Nikolaou is injured after 34 minutes, which sees Gentian Basha come on and later, Meszaros comes on for Greg O'Brien who is also injured, after scoring the only goal of the game. The bad news is that Nikolaou is out for a month and O'Brien for 3 weeks.

Hercules 0:1 Leamington
    Brown 8, Nikolaou 7 (Basha 7), Anangono 6, Leys 6, Simic 8, Diakhaby 7, Machado 8, Perdomo 7, Lawrence 8, Audrain 8, O'Brien 8 (Meszaros 6).
    Goals - O'Brien.

Target number four has landed! We've quickly found a replacement for Will Berry to make it three options in defensive midfield after the arrival of another new nationality. Mohamed Diallo, from Mali, joins in a 4,200,000 deal from Willem II where seven years was spent to earn him a Dutch passport to make the switch quicker to Leamington. He'd initially started out at Real Bamako before joining Willem II for 375K and comes to us on the back of a career where he's scored 27 and set up 36 in 252 appearances. We're now halfway through our list for this Summer and I'm hopeful we'll add two of them by the end of the month.

Five days later and just in time for our next friendly, we announce the arrival of our first player from Gabon for 9,500,000. Henry Montiel joins us from FC Copenhagen (honestly, a pure coincidence that we've now signed 3 players from them) who took some persuading to part with their centre midfielder as they signed him only last year for 7.75M. Coincidentally, like Ngama, Montiel also joined FC Copenhagen from Nordsjaelland where he spent eight years that meant he has a Danish passport. He'd started out with just 3 starts at FC 105 in Gabon before moving to Denmark for 275K. He has 55 goals and 88 assists to his name in 251 starts, a fine record which I hope continues with us!

Friendly
    Diallo (number 28) and Montiel (number 8) are put straight into the team (along with Monteiro) to face Sunderland where we've managed to remove one of their players from our shortlist though one other remains on our radar. Sunderland have been in the Championship for the last three years since relegation from the Premier League though we met last year in the EFL Cup. All but Meszaros and van den Brink are starting for the first time this pre-season and I watch on with excitement as Diallo sets up Monteiro for our first goal. Sunderland become the first team to score against us in the 51st minute and it looks to be heading for a tie when Montiel strikes and then Lafferty finishes the Black Cats off.

Sunderland 1:3 Leamington
    Emery 7, Basha 6, van den Brink 7, Olsen 7, Kone 6, Diallo 8, Monteiro 8, Montiel 8, Lafferty 7, Tetteh 8, Meszaros 6.
    Goals - Monteiro, Montiel, Lafferty.
    Assists - Diallo, Tetteh.
    MotM - Monteiro.

When negotiating a 5.5M deal with Gremio for 23 year old centre-back Bruno Carvalho da Silva, I thought we had next to no chance of signing the lad due to a lack of caps for Brazil and no second nationality. But to my surprise, the deal has gone through without getting to that stage of a work permit. Quite how it's happened, I'm not sure but I'm not going to complain about it. So we are delighted to welcome our third Brazilian after Richarlison and Joao Paulo Moura, a defender who'd spent 9 years and 339 appearances for Gremio which means he must have started his career at the age of 16!

Friendly
    Scouting Bologna's squad ahead of our first meeting, two players are kicked out of our shortlist but a further 8(!) are added which suggests they have a very strong squad to make this a tough game, though they've not featured in Europe for four years. However, we've quite a few players missing due to injuries, African World Cup Qualifiers and the Confederations Cup get underway. The midfield in particular is short of options as Perdomo starts for a third time though we hand Carvalho da Silva an immediate start, wearing the number 5. The Brazilian himself gets us started with a header but we concede three after the break despite the best efforts of Kovac who had to weather 10 shots on target!

Bologna 3:1 Leamington
    Kovac 7, Kruger 6, Anangono 6, Carvalho da Silva 7, Hopfer 6, Diakhaby 7, Ozturk 7, Perdomo 7, Lawrence 6, Audrain 7, Malec 7.
    Goals - Carvalho da Silva.
    Assists - Ozturk.

It's a shame to have been beaten for the first time in pre-season but I am not concerned about it, given how many players we were missing, to the point where we couldn't even fill the bench! We sign off a fine month in the transfer market needing only two more players. I had hoped to bring in a centre midfielder but an Irishman who had originally been willing to join us appeared to change his mind once we had agreed a fee with Birmingham! We're now chasing an Angolan and are still trying to agree a fee with San Martin (SJ) for an Argentinian attacking midfielder which has been going on since mid-May!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    Patience ... Is he the Estonian midfielder who was a beast on ODB ? Good signing !
    Pukki or something like that?

vCash
    I do like the look of the new guys, but to call Ngama "Moura's replacement" is certainly hyping him up. I hope he lives up to that billing
    Diallo might be a bit light weight, but he has the skill to perhaps overcome that.

Kovac has put a couple of good games in. Don't think he is to blame for the loss to a very good side.
    Lets hope that someone comes in for Thorne. A striker of the standard that the other signings show would be a huge boost.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I don't mean as in he'll be an exact like for like player, I meant he takes the spot in the squad that was previously Moura's. Just as Diallo then takes the spot that Berry previously had.

Kovac actually had a 9/10 which was looking great until they scored late twice on. He still played well though and is getting closer to wiping out last pre-seasons form!

Interest from Viitorial for Thorne has vanished Shame really. Still a month left of the window though.

A real good batch of signings there. Hoping for a lot more than a relegation battle this time...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Got to, otherwise I think I'll definitely be sacked I feel pleased with them, so we've really got to hit the ground running!

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod
    Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Ngama looks like he's built in the Wanyama mould. Can't be that many quality Kenyans around can there?!

Machado looks like a player as well. Determination may be an issue but I'm sure he'll be fine.

Montiero could be my new favorite player looking at him. I haven't put my hat on one to do well since Dick Steel but he could be the one. Looks like he can do a very good job. If he can get himself in the side and stay in form that is.

Thorne really wants to up his chances of getting out of Leamington with that performance against Derby!

Diallo. Decent player. Certainly an upgrade on what was previously at the club. Strength of three for a DMC could be an issue but apart from that (and low determination again) looks good.

Montiel definitely has a decent record for goals and assists from midfield. Let's hope he settles quickly.

B.C da Silva looks like a great addition to the back line as well. Maybe he's got an Irish grandmother or something?!

Decent pre season overall. Still lacking reinforcements up front I think. Need a above average or two to come in.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I thought that too, has to be Wanyama's regen!

Ah, good old Dijksteel. In a strange way, I do miss those old school players who really performed and built a relationship with the supporters over years. Will we ever see the likes of Agovic, Lavery and Bonne again?!

Only two targets left now, a CM and another attacking midfielder. Unless Thorne goes, we won't be signing a new striker.

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    I liked Evina (always grafted) and Kang didnt have a bad strike rate for a AM
    2 good signings then BOOM in Montiero looks BEASTLY!
    Another few fine signings as well any Portuguese in the Brazilian fella sounds like it
    Good pre season who are the GK gloves going to they all played and all did quite well

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I think if a players PA is over 190 he doesn't need a work permit.

We demand a top striker!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to MauroG For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Not sure, but this is my thoughts on the regens ....

Ngama = Wanyama
    Machado = ?
    Montiero = Kenny Rocha Santos (St. Etienne)
    Diallo = Kante ?
    Montiel = Ndong (Watford)

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    I liked Evina (always grafted) and Kang didnt have a bad strike rate for a AM
    2 good signings then BOOM in Montiero looks BEASTLY!
    Another few fine signings as well any Portuguese in the Brazilian fella sounds like it
    Good pre season who are the GK gloves going to they all played and all did quite well
    Monteiro a freebie as well Not that money is an object any more

Kang's strike rate was 6 in 58 games, not great?

Yep, all GKs done very well so far. If we were to play a league game now, Emery would be starting it. But there's still 3 friendlies left for them all to stake their place.

Quote Originally Posted by MauroG View Post
    I think if a players PA is over 190 he doesn't need a work permit.

We demand a top striker!
    Best have a word with a few teams to get Thorne off our hands then

vCash
    Not sure, but this is my thoughts on the regens ....

Ngama = Wanyama
    Machado = ?
    Montiero = Kenny Rocha Santos (St. Etienne)
    Diallo = Kante ?
    Montiel = Ndong (Watford)
    I had no idea who the Cape Verde Islands player would be!

Surely Kante's regen would have better determination

vCash
    Pretty sure about Montiero. I signed him early on in my Win Em All story and he was superb.
    Machado could be anyone from Uruguay and I'm not sure about Kante, but can't think of anyone else

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash

Global Attraction - Season 21 - August
    Nations = 30
    Albania, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Cape Verde Islands, Central African Republic, Croatia, Denmark, Ecuador, France, Gabon, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Guadeloupe, Hungary, Italy, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Mali, Netherlands, Nigeria, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Uruguay, Wales

August is definitely going to be a nervy month for me. Firstly, because we are still working to get two signings over the line before the window closes. Secondly, because the season will be kicking off with three matches in the Premier League where I am desperate for us to hit the ground running to avoid putting the pressure back on to my shoulders after a turbulent season. We certainly seem to have had some luck in our first fixtures where we'l play Mansfield, Gillingham, Brighton and Fulham to begin with. But first, let's get our final three friendlies fixtures completed.

Friendly
    With a few players back at the club after international games, we hand another 10 players the chance to play a full 90 minutes with only Jonathan Anangono keeping his place. Amongst them is another run out for Shaun Thorne who has yet to attract any offers but with Dominique Monteiro and Jose Machado supplying him, could he put himself in the shop window again against Championship side Wigan who we've not faced since we were promoted. Eyes are on the goalkeeper once more in this one as we wonder who will start the season as the number one. Unfortunately, James Brown makes a mistake early on to concede but Monteiro equalises. Wigan pull one back but Thorne grabs a goal in response to level before we finally take the lead through Henry Montiel and wrap it up with Monteiro's second of the game. A good performance except for Brown and strangely, Gentian Basha and Noel Kone. Defensive midfielder Mohamed Diallo was superb, with THREE assists from his position.

Wigan 2:4 Leamington
    Brown 6, Basha 6, Anangono 7, Simic 7, Kone 6, Diallo 8, Monteiro 9, Montiel 8, Thorne 8, Machado 7, Tetteh 7.
    Goals - Monteiro x2, Thorne, Montiel.
    Assists - Diallo x3.
    MotM - Monteiro.

We then complete the signature of the third central midfielder option in the squad as 31 year old Angolan Laurent Durand completes a 220,000 switch from Clermont in France. Admittedly not a big money move, we moved for Durand when an Irish midfielder turned us down. The midfielder joins us after 15 years where he won the Supporters Player of the Year 14(!) times, with a fine record of 165 goals and 245 assists in 619 appearances!

In other transfer news, we receive a whopping 12,000,000 offer for Ghanaian midfielder Derek Tetteh which comes out of nowhere. Valued at 9M and with three years left on his deal, we're not entertaining the idea of selling the lad. Cristian Perdomo also gets a 12.75M offer from Brighton which is rejected. Everton also try their luck with a rejected 15.25M offer.

Friendly
    We head off to Greece to play the Europa League winners last season after they defeated Schalke 04 2:0! It's a big test for our boys but a strained neck denies us the chance to play Durand so Montiel stays in the side to make a 3rd start of pre-season along with the rest of the team except Bira Emery, Sven Leys, Musaba Ngama, Greg O'Brien and Matthew Lafferty who get a second run out. As you might expect against such quality, we were blown away by a team who were set to play in the Champions League a few days later. Three goals were conceded but we put in a better second half performance that saw Montiel find the net again in a battling but beaten performance.

Olympiacos 3:1 Leamington
    Emery 7, Kruger 7, Leys 7, Carvalho da Silva 6, Olsen 6, Ngama 8, O'Brien 7, Montiel 8, Lafferty 6, Audrain 6, Meszaros 6.
    Goals - Montiel.
    Assists - Carvalho da Silva.

Friendly
    Next is a trip to Germany to play SV Meppen who we've not met before but had a player on our radar who we've concluded is no longer good enough to join us. Our African players are not available due to international duty but Paolo Capuano has returned to us as a FIFA Confederations Cup winner, appearing only once in a Semi Final win over France before being an unused sub as his compatriots beat Brazil in the Final. He returns in time to start only for a second time in pre-season along with a fit again Vasilios Nikolaou whilst Durand makes his first appearance and is issued the number 19 shirt. With Marko Kovac handed a final chance to impress, I'm expecting a great performance but see us lead through O'Brien before Meppen equalise and then go ahead with 8 minutes left. Kovac had been doing well until conceding late on, saving 3 but letting the ball in twice. We might have done better with our African players available but at least Ngama, Monteiro and Montiel kept their form up with goals for their countries.

Meppen 2:1 Leamington
    Kovac 7, Nikolaou 6, Leys 7, Capuano 8, Hopfer 5, Diakhaby 7, Malec 7, Durand 7, Lawrence 6, Ozturk 7, O'Brien 7.
    Goals - O'Brien.
    Assists - Leys.

At this point, we're only 10 days away from the end of the season and after finally agreeing a fee with the bellends over at San Martin (SJ), it's confirmed that we'll have to wait for a work permit which has absolutely no chance of coming through before the end of the month. As a result, we turn our attentions quickly to a Portuguese midfielder to improve our chances of landing that final target before the month is out.

Premier League
    The day of reckoning is here! Our first opponents are old foes Mansfield who we've now faced 17 times and whom have the edge over us with 7 wins to our 6. So who worked hard enough in pre-season to start the season? Sadly, not Kovac as Emery gets the nod to start in the sticks and only 3 of our new signings make their debuts with Ngama, Montiel and Monteiro starting. Surprisingly, Capuano and Thorne have been great in pre-season and start the game too. Despite a bright start and an early bombardment on their goal, the Stags beat us on the counter to go ahead in the 42nd minute. Tetteh comes off the bench to save us, scoring an equaliser in the 71st minute but I'm left thinking it's a game we should have won after 9 shots on target from 12 in comparison to only 5 from 8 from Mansfield. They truly are a b*****d bogey club!

Mansfield 1:1 Leamington
    Emery 8, Basha 7, van den Brink 7, Capuano 6, Olsen 5, Ngama 8, Monteiro 7 (Tetteh 8), Montiel 7, Thorne 6 (Lafferty 7), Ozturk 7, O'Brien 6.
    Goals - Tetteh.
    Assists - van den Brink.

Premier League
    Our first home game of the season comes against Gillingham who we have not played for a long TWELVE years since we played in League One. With the squad that we now have, this really should be the best chance to start off with a win. After David Olsen's performance at Mansfield, he's been replaced by Marko Simic in the defence and a second change follows with point-saver Tetteh coming in for Greg O'Brien. Thorne hadn't done much but keeps his spot and it's the Nigerian who wins a penalty that Tetteh converts. Gillingham then lost their heads in the 21st minute as a horrific two footed tackle on Thorne, who got some choice words after going down for the penalty, sees them down to ten men after a red card. To rub salts into their wounds, Muhammed Ozturk then strikes the perfect free-kick from 20 yards out to make it 2:0. It takes a little while to break them down again, with Ngama scoring his first goal for us in the 64th minute before goalkeeper clips Montiel in the box to see red as well, allowing Tetteh to score a second from the spot! We think we've scored a 5th as Monteiro but perhaps the linesman took pity on Gillingham, flagging for offside instead.

Leamington 4:0 Gillingham
    Emery 8, Basha 7, van den Brink 7, Capuano 6, Simic 7, Ngama 7 (Diallo 7), Monteiro 7, Montiel 8, Thorne 8 (Lafferty 7), Ozturk 8 (Malec 7), Tetteh 9.
    Goals - Tetteh x2, Ozturk, Ngama.
    Assists - Montiel x2, Basha.
    MotM - Tetteh.

Premier League
    After that performance, I'd prefer not to make any changes but our trip to Brighton is a third game in a week so there's two that are made with Simic and Tetteh both rested, handing a debut to Bruno Carvalho da Silva and a recall for O'Brien. Brighton, winless in their first two games, are one of those teams with an Indian sign over us as we've won just twice in ten games against them. We're indebted to Emery for pulling off some superb saves with Brighton starting the game on fire. O'Brien marks his recall with his first of the season once we weathered that onslaught. But Brighton get a deserved equaliser after the break and Ngama gives away a penalty with a silly barge on the back of a Brighton player to allow them to win a penalty, score and go on to win the game.

Brighton 2:1 Leamington
    Emery 8, Basha 6, van den Brink 6, Capuano 5, Carvalho da Silva 6, Ngama 5, Monteiro 6 (Machado 6), Montiel 7, Thorne 7 (Lafferty 7), Ozturk 7, O'Brien 8.
    Goals - O'Brien.
    Assists - Thorne.

Deadline day starts off with frustration as the Portuguese midfielder who we'd turned to as a Plan B turns us down. Meanwhile, Martin Kovac attracts a 5M offer from Besiktas which is turned down. I know the Slovenian goalkeeper will be our number one for years once he gets himself on track. We very quickly turned to an Argentinian with a Spanish passport as 'Plan C' if you like and amazingly, get the 9.25M deal over the line just before midnight! So I am pleased to declare the squad completed following the arrival of Cristian Schmidt from Sporting Gijon. Formerly of Arsenal de Sarandi and San Martin (SJ) (yes, those b******s), Schmidt moved to Spain for 10.25M nd scored 19 goals in 88 appearances. It's not the best of records but I think he'll offer us a lot more. He is of course, our second Argentinean after Martin Torres.

I must say I find it frustrating that there was no praise or pleasing reports coming from the board room after we beat Gillingham and yet, after losing Brighton by only one goal and due to a poor lack of judgement from Ngama, they declare themselves disappointed which immediately piles the pressure back on to my shoulders. With four points on the board, you'd expect the league to be tight for us but we're actually in 6th place though teams right down to 17th could catch us with a win. Next month won't be easy with Fulham, Arsenal and Man City to face which is why I'm disappointed that we haven't got 9 points on the board to start with.

Derek Tetteh and Bira Emery have done remarkably well for us but our new Gabonese midfielder is the top dog with two assists from three starts following an impressive pre-season that has kept Perdomo on the bench.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Image Links need correcting Mark.

Some of the signings you've made are a definite improvement and hopefully you will hit mid table again.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Big E For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Oops, fixed now

I'm feeling a lot better about the overall quality in the squad. It's just annoying that we didn't at least beat Mansfield as well.

vCash
    I think that Tetteh could be come the new fave
    Going to be tough to keep rejecting these offers, but you are in the box seat. Hope you don't get unhappiness
    Slightly disappointing results, but early doors
    Liking the Argentinian. Have you brought him in as a winger or midfielder ?

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

Brighton are one of those annoying teams arent they. Still compare this to last season and thats a much better start!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I think that Tetteh could be come the new fave
    Going to be tough to keep rejecting these offers, but you are in the box seat. Hope you don't get unhappiness
    Slightly disappointing results, but early doors
    Liking the Argentinian. Have you brought him in as a winger or midfielder ?
    Perdomo seems happy despite the bids in so far. Tetteh did get upset after that one bid but hopefully will settle again.

Argentinian will play either at left-wing or AMC, same as Tetteh.

Quote Originally Posted by James_y View Post
    Brighton are one of those annoying teams arent they. Still compare this to last season and thats a much better start!
    True, at least we got a win nice and early this time. We just need to keep picking up a win every other game I think to avoid the sack. Still fear it could happen any day.

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod
    Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Slow start to the league campaign for my man Montiero, taken off twice. Stamina issues?

Great start to the season as well. Good to see Leamington in that half of the table!

40. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post: