Thread: National manager (only), world cup...

vCash

National manager (only), world cup...

Hi guys, does anyone here like to play only national teams? I know it takes a long time, but I think it's a pleasure to play a world cup.
    I've never played without being with clubs, I'm thinking now, is it worth it? Is the prestige of the world cup similar to that of real life? Can you have stability with the federations? I know that time takes longer, is there any way to get ahead without having to click? Here stop for every week (and sometimes even more because of the bug eng match), I thought about leaving on vacation but I'm afraid to miss a convocaction. Are the friendly only with teams from the same continent?
    The world cup virus caught me, I confess.

Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    Member of the Month
    VIP
    Captain
    vCash
    Pick a league fixture near the end of the season that's near to the world cup and select View. This will bring you out of holiday mode. You could then create a copy of this save to always start at the beginning of the world cup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Pick a league fixture near the end of the season that's near to the world cup and select View. This will bring you out of holiday mode. You could then create a copy of this save to always start at the beginning of the world cup
    hey, thanks for the tip! i will do this! =)

vCash
    I could be wrong but I think it's the 2nd June you have to pick your squad for the World Cup as well so you don't want to holiday past that point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I could be wrong but I think it's the 2nd June you have to pick your squad for the World Cup as well so you don't want to holiday past that point.
    Had to find out for my own World Cup Game. On the latest Saturn v5 patch it's the 29th of May actually.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!
    Want to have your tactic tested to see where it ranks? Check out the Revamped Tactics League!
    Current games: Ultimate Managers League, Road To Glory and International Managers Competition
    Current stories: From Misfits To Champions: An Interactive Story, The Coventry Comeback and The Great Comeback: A Dutch Football Story

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    I don't use patches though

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    It worket to go back on vacation with the option to watch a game, thank you. The only bad thing now is that sometimes the selection is with different players than I had left, does anyone know how this does not happen?

vCash
    You can’t players will get injured and needs replacing or new players may just be replaced with others.

You’re best holidaying up to picking the squad for the World Cup and then pick the players you want if you don’t want to pick your squad twice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    You can’t players will get injured and needs replacing or new players may just be replaced with others.

You’re best holidaying up to picking the squad for the World Cup and then pick the players you want if you don’t want to pick your squad twice.
    But they change my team completely, even if it has not hurt. I have already passed the world cup, I am in 2019 but before the friendly the cpu changes my team if I am on vacation. I have selected "not to buy players" now, but I do not know if it will work.

Director
    Manager
    Member of the Month
    VIP
    Captain
    vCash
    Before every international game there is a 'declare squad' piece that each manager has to do. Since you are on holiday there is no way for you to respond. Plus an international game needs a minimum of 23 (competitive) or 26 (friendly) players to run. If that isn't met, the game will actually crash. This is why you can only start off with maybe 40 of the best and most famous international teams as the developers made sure that those nations would 99.99/100 have enough players to meet the criteria (there may be some leeway on this playing minimum database)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Before every international game there is a 'declare squad' piece that each manager has to do. Since you are on holiday there is no way for you to respond. Plus an international game needs a minimum of 23 (competitive) or 26 (friendly) players to run. If that isn't met, the game will actually crash. This is why you can only start off with maybe 40 of the best and most famous international teams as the developers made sure that those nations would 99.99/100 have enough players to meet the criteria (there may be some leeway on this playing minimum database)
    Thanks, the solution I found was to return in 1 week before the friendly and 1 month before tournaments

Director
    Manager
    Member of the Month
    VIP
    Captain
    vCash

If you copy that save you now have a starting save for international management starting a WC time

vCash
    I missed a date because the game has been postponed. What kind of games competitions are not postponed? Official selection games, continental clubs ... these? Do inner cups delay?