Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: MAC Problems & Queries

vCash
    Hey guys. I'm hoping to play on Mac but the links to download here are dead. Could someone please help me out? Thanks in advance.

vCash

Play game in a separate window - MAC

Hi gents. Downloaded the game and it works perfectly. Just wondering if anyone knew how to play it and still be able to access other programmes? I have to keep exiting the game and re-entering. Can't even see when my laptop is running out of battery. I've tried creating virtual desktop through wine but that hasn't worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Sounds like you're playing in 'Full' mode. You can change to 'Windowed' mode if you go to 'Game Options' (left menubar in-game) > 'Game Settings' > 'Screen Mode'.

Or if you're just on the main menu, 'Game Settings' is one of the options on there.
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

vCash
    Thanks for that. Thought it was going to work alas. It just went black and crashed my computer. I still have my virtual desktop enabled though so i might try getting rid of that and trying again. Any reason why it wouldn't work?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeapps View Post
    Thanks for that. Thought it was going to work alas. It just went black and crashed my computer. I still have my virtual desktop enabled though so i might try getting rid of that and trying again. Any reason why it wouldn't work?
    Ummm might be a graphics settings thing that's over my head! I always play windowed and have never encountered such an issue I'm afraid.

vCash
    Well it has actually worked. It is now loading in a window. However the screen behind it is black and if I minimise the game it disappears forever so have to re-start the computer. Thanks for your help I will keep trying.

vCash
    Check screen resolutions thread in this Tech Support section

vCash
    Thought i'd had a look there. Any specific part?

vCash
    Had a good look through and most of it does not make sense. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeapps View Post
    Had a good look through and most of it does not make sense. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling
    That is always something most of us do and typically helps

vCash
    Didn't work

vCash
    Maybe we could think about it a different way. Also my keyboard on my mac stops responding. So can't press escape or swipe the trackpad. Any ideas how to keep the keyboard/mousepad active?

vCash
    Ah - is this MAC related?

If so, I have no idea on MAC sorry but would suggest to look through/ask in the MAC thread in Tech Support

vCash
    I'm running CM01/02 on a Mac using PlayOnMac and a downloadable Windows version of the game software. In order to play the game, I have to run the cm0102_GDI.exe (rather than the regular game .exe) which is fine if playing the patched 3.9.68 version, but I want to play with the updated game data from March 19. But it doesn't work without a compatible, updated GDI.exe - How can I get one?!

vCash
    Hi you awesome people,

I have been playing CM01/02 for years and never had problems until now with the latest March update. Its a strange problem where saved games can't be loaded. It have happened for several times now with different saved games. The length of the saved games have been different, one worked 5 seasons, one just 1,5 season and so on. I find the file (saved game) but when I try to reload it, everything crashes without any error message and the game quit itself.

Im running CM01/02 on a macbook air with Virtual Box, so the system it runs in is Windows XP. I have the 3.9.68 version and only updated and installed the Mars 2019 patch, no other patches.

The game has always worked for me and Ive never experienced a problem like this. I always play and download the new player updates when they come, never been a problem until now. If you have any solution on this problem, I'll be the luckiest guy in the world.

Thanks,

vCash
    Can someone explain, in simple terms, how to install the March 2019 add on to Mac. Been trying for hours and nothing works. Is there a link to the Mac installer?

I watched the video tutorial and followed it exactly, but the game just crashes as soon as open it. Just get a black screen.

vCash
    I am running the updated game through crossover on Mac. Worked perfectly yesterday but when I try and load a new game or even my saved game this morning, it asks me to insert the 0102 CD. Any idea how to fix/bypass this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_toffee View Post
    I am running the updated game through crossover on Mac. Worked perfectly yesterday but when I try and load a new game or even my saved game this morning, it asks me to insert the 0102 CD. Any idea how to fix/bypass this?
    Don't know anything about Corssover, but I'm assuming you're ultimately running the game on a virtual drive - try remounting the CM01/02 .iso on it. Judging from previous posts, this can be done by either double-clicking the virtual drive or right-clicking it and selecting 'Mount' (or similar).

vCash

Can someone please help me download on macbook? I'm really struggling

Can someone please help me download on macbook? I'm really struggling

vCash
    Hi guys how do i add the March update on playonmac? also do i need to install the tapani patch before adding March update? Thanks

vCash

vCash
    Just picking up this thread - could you show the steps how to install using Wineskin?

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718