Thread: A problem with network games

vCash

A problem with network games

Well, I wanted to play a network game with a friend.
    We are connected through hamachi and I did all the steps that have to be done to create a network game.
    the problem is that he cant find the server I have created. It always keeps saying that the server couldnt be joined.
    Do you have any ideas how can I fix it or what doesnt work?

Tournaments Won: 5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JZK1907 View Post
    Well, I wanted to play a network game with a friend.
    We are connected through hamachi and I did all the steps that have to be done to create a network game.
    the problem is that he cant find the server I have created. It always keeps saying that the server couldnt be joined.
    Do you have any ideas how can I fix it or what doesnt work?
    What Windows version are your on an what compatibility is your CM0102.exe? It needs to be set on Windows 95 compatibility if your operating system is Windows 10.

Then, did you match the IP address in your ~net file to match the IP of your Hamachi? You need to edit the file with administrator rights otherwise the changes won't stick.

Last but not least, did you first boot up Hamachi before loading up the save? And did your friend try to connect by manually typing in your IP address?
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    What Windows version are your on an what compatibility is your CM0102.exe? It needs to be set on Windows 95 compatibility if your operating system is Windows 10.

Then, did you match the IP address in your ~net file to match the IP of your Hamachi? You need to edit the file with administrator rights otherwise the changes won't stick.

Last but not least, did you first boot up Hamachi before loading up the save? And did your friend try to connect by manually typing in your IP address?
    Basically, whats been asked above, but 1 thing, if your ~net is different, be sure that when you edit and change it, that you copy the file outside of the CM directory, as access will be denied, ideally, copy it onto your desktop, open it (with notepad I use) change it, save it, then copy it and paste it into the CM directory over riding the previous one

Also, as stated, if you're on W10, then compatibility Win95, if you're on W8, then choose that, and if you're on Win 7 or before, ensure its compatibility Windows NT 4.0

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post: