Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Save Game Queries

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroalien View Post
    Hi - My game keeps crashing on the evening of Aug 1 2002. Using Lussenhoff data files...... Running Windows 10.... Version 3.6.8. I've tried "Holidaying" past the date but game still crashes in the same spot. I don't see any error messages on the screen. I have all leagues selected.

I tried changing the compatibility to XP Service Pack - but the game still crashes at the same spot.

I can load a different saved game, different team, etc. and that one seems to run, but for some reason my current saved game continues to crash

Any ideas? Thanks

Maybe ask Lussenhoff in his thread given it's his files etc you are using?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kaef View Post
    I did some tests.

I noticed that when I change .exe for higher speeds my game does not work perfectly.

So I'm using the original .exe, so far no error has occurred.

Might be worth posting this directly in the Saturn V5 thread mate

vCash
    Thanks Redknapp - I ended up reinstalling the game from scratch and starting over as the game wouldn't even load for me at one point.... we'll see if I hit the same problems this time around. I will check Lussenhoff's thread as well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Euroalien For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I've got som different problems with 2 different saves (on different computers) and a general problem/interesting phenomenon.

Interesting phenomenen: On a computer with Windows XP, playing without administrator, all my saved games is nowhere to be found on my computer, I've tried all the basic stuff such as "show hidden files" etc. They show when I push "restore saved game" and all of them can be restored (except one, more on that further down). When I change to run as administrator, all the saved game shown before is gone and it only shows 2 saved games, which both can be found in the CM 0102 folder. Has anyone experienced this before? Any idea on where my files showed when playing without adminstrator is hiding?

As I mentioned above, when of my saved games can't be restored, it's loading for about 10 minutes then an error message appears "v3.9.68 comp_stats CPP 6000" and when pusing OK the game shuts down. I'm playing on a computer with WIndows XP. Any idea what to do? I would like to try the save on a different computer but since I can't find the file... (see problem described above).

Last problem is on a computer with Windows 10, all of a sudden my saved game didn't show under "restore saved game". The file shows in my CM0102 folder but it's invisible in the game. I've noticed a lot of people over the have experiened this but I wasn't able to find any solution to it, maybe someone know something now. I run the game as administrator, compability mode etc. No Tapani patches or data updates and no messing around with either the in-game editor or other editors on any of my saves.

Feel free to ask if you need further information regarding the problems and thank you all for the unbeliavable work you've made over the years in order to keep this game alive!
    Last edited by llanson; 09-08-18 at 05:26 PM.

vCash

The saved game "..." could not be saved.

Hi there! I try to save the game and the message I get is this: The saved game "..." could not be saved. Meanwhile a temporary save file is created which can't be saved as well. I have windows 10. Did anyone met this problem? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Thanks Redknapp69, but loading the saved game works. I simply can't save the played game by getting this message: "The saved game "C:\Program files (x86)\Championship Manager 0102\..." could not be saved.".
    Thanks!

vCash

The saved game "..." could not be saved.

The solution will still likely reside in that thread I would have thought but someone else may be able to help as well
    Last edited by Redknapp69; 02-09-18 at 10:06 PM.

vCash
    So this might help some people with the same problem i had.
    I could find the saved game in the game and normally load it, but when i searched for it in the cm0102 folder where all my game data was and the other saves it was not there?!?!? So i just went on disk C and put the name of my saved game in search window, and found it on a ''strange'' location. It should have been c:/program files/cm0102, but it was at c:/user/1/appdata/local/virtualstore/programfiles/cm0102

I'm using saturnv5+tapanni patch

vCash

All of a sudden my game has stopped running.

Running as administrator and the black box pops up, but then nothing happens. Checked the task manager and it says cm0102 not responding. I've turned the firewall off on my security to see if that helps, but nothing has changed. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

13. The Following User Says Thank You to freederry For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Is this when you are playing game or when trying to load game?

vCash
    this is happening to me as well :/

16. The Following User Says Thank You to takumi For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Is this when you are playing game or when trying to load game?
    Trying to load the game.

vCash
    Try running the disc
    Right click on the taskbar and select Task Manager
    In Task Manager find setup.exe
    Right click and select Go to Details
    From the screen that loads again right click on Setup.exe and select Analyze Wait Chain
    In the screen the that pops up, something will be blocking Setup.exe, highlight it and select End Task

vCash
    Try running the disc
    Right click on the taskbar and select Task Manager
    In Task Manager find setup.exe
    Right click and select Go to Details
    From the screen that loads again right click on Setup.exe and select Analyze Wait Chain
    In the screen the that pops up, something will be blocking Setup.exe, highlight it and select End Task
    I tried that there mate and there's nothing to select in the Wait Chain? So frustrating as I had a great career game going.

vCash

Save Game Error

Hi,

I have only just purchased the game & installed it today. I've played a little, went to save the game and it's unable to save as it says 'Unable To Save Game Debug Info: v3.9.68T Setup..cpp 11431 [problem removing old saved game] Please ensure that you have adequate harddisk space and no data files in the Championship Manager directory in use by another application [such as a save game editor].

I have no issues with harddisk space, so could anyone shed any light on how I can rectify the issue ?

Thanks a lot.

vCash

CM 01 02 - The game blocks

As soon as the screen saver starts playing, i can not do anything else. And it happened that today in the middle of a match, when I wanted to make a player replacement happened the same, I had to go to the task manager and close the CM and start again. I click on any function and nothing.
    My operating system is Windows 10, the processor is Intel Core i3- 2120 with 4 GB of memory.
    In advance grateful,
    Balumukeno.

vCash
    Do you get an error message?

Or just crashing?

Same date crashing?

What database you have?

Any Tapani/Saturn patches?

What leagues loaded?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Balumukeno View Post
    As soon as the screen saver starts playing, i can not do anything else. And it happened that today in the middle of a match, when I wanted to make a player replacement happened the same, I had to go to the task manager and close the CM and start again. I click on any function and nothing.
    My operating system is Windows 10, the processor is Intel Core i3- 2120 with 4 GB of memory.
    In advance grateful,
    Balumukeno.
    Just to start with the OS side of this first; have you installed directx 9c on your system? If not you can find it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=8109

vCash
    There is no error message, the game simply does not progress click where to click. It leaves the CM window and I have to close the game by the task manager. I use SI_Games_Patch_3.9.68 and the October 2018 update. I have also installed directx 9c on your system and it is still the same. More suggestions.
    Thank you all.
    Balumukeno

vCash
    In advance grateful,
    Balumukeno.
    Try disable screen saver when you play the game? There is a config in windows where you can disable screen saver when certain exes are running, so mark the cm0102.exe as one of them.

vCash
    Dear lord. Is it really the screen saver that is the culprit?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Vikingfk For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingfk View Post
    Dear lord. Is it really the screen saver that is the culprit?
    The author of the thread mentions his game blocks after his screen saver appears, so i hope in his case it is. Well, actually, its an old game so it probably dont handle this type of events like screen savers from modern OS very well.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 12-11-18 at 09:01 PM.

vCash
    There is no error message, the game simply does not progress click where to click. It leaves the CM window and I have to close the game by the task manager. I use SI_Games_Patch_3.9.68 and the October 2018 update. I have also installed directx 9c on your system and it is still the same. More suggestions.
    Thank you all.
    Balumukeno

Hi...When you're on the desktop with Task Manager if Championship Manager is still running have you tried double clicking on it within Task manager???...This happens to my games occasionally on my Windows 7 pc's/laptop apparently for no reason...A double click gets me straight back into the game....

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Martyboy For This Useful Post: