Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1139

Thread: Save Game Queries

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    hi, people, I recently started a game with the march update and was four seasons into it. Had built my team and was starting to dominate and now Iv'e discovered that my save has mysteriously disappeared.

I have a couple of older saves in the folder but the others have disappeared.

Has this happened to anyone and is there a way to recover the save?

nasty surprise when I clicked on restore saved game...
    Is there a save file with a long name with the word Temporary in it?
    If so that might be it. You can just open in then.

If not, are you running the game as administrator? Otherwise the save file might end up in a different place.

Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Is there a save file with a long name with the word Temporary in it?
    If so that might be it. You can just open in then.

If not, are you running the game as administrator? Otherwise the save file might end up in a different place.
    yes, runnng as admin and always do.

There was a huge bunch of files I noticed in the main folder the last time I played with tmp or temp in the names, but all of them have disappeared,

nothing in the compatibility files either.

yes, runnng as admin and always do.

There was a huge bunch of files I noticed in the main folder the last time I played with tmp or temp in the names, but all of them have disappeared,

nothing in the compatibility files either.
    Hm... problem cannot be solved then. I can always find my somewhat older save file in the cloud (automatically backed-up).

Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Hm... problem cannot be solved then. I can always find my somewhat older save file in the cloud (automatically backed-up).
    Yes. Alas. Gone.

Was just primed and ready for action.

Has made the team full of juggernauts.
    Just bought in a few as well to complete the final peices but won't be able to play.

Very bizarre.

I think I'm done with the game.
    No point making saves that disappear on you all of s sudden.

Nothing in recycle bin?

Done a search on your PC for the save game name?

I don't know too much about it but sometimes there is a "hidden folder" as well - maybe it is in there? (if you search on forum you may find something on that or someone else can point you in right direction)

maybe your antivirus scanned it and thought it was a virus?? try in your quarantined folder

Yes. Alas. Gone.

Was just primed and ready for action.

Has made the team full of juggernauts.
    Just bought in a few as well to complete the final peices but won't be able to play.

Very bizarre.

I think I'm done with the game.
    No point making saves that disappear on you all of s sudden.
    It should not happen. It has never happened to me yet, but I do backup my save files just in case.
    Last edited by samsami; 11-07-19 at 07:01 PM.

No... It just disappeared for whatever reason...

Still, I decided to start a new game but used the editor to assemble my squad from the lost save and holidayed forward... A few years. Not quite the same thing but as close to it, using the cm explorer tool to make a few adjustments as well.

No... It just disappeared for whatever reason...

Still, I decided to start a new game but used the editor to assemble my squad from the lost save and holidayed forward... A few years. Not quite the same thing but as close to it, using the cm explorer tool to make a few adjustments as well.
    In the old days (before I had automatic backups to the cloud) I always saved the file under a new name, so you'd get multiple save games, like numbered or something). If you then somehow lose the latest save file or it gets corrupted you can always load a slightly older version.

Hehe... Yes, I actually did that, but they were all lost together as they were in the same folder.

Hehe... Yes, I actually did that, but they were all lost together as they were in the same folder.
    What!???? That is really odd!

Hi, guys.

Is there any way to recover a corrupted save? I mean I think it's corrupted since CM closes when database is being loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by lecontef View Post
    Hi, guys.

Is there any way to recover a corrupted save? I mean I think it's corrupted since CM closes when database is being loaded.
    Assume you are running as administrator?

try saving elsewhere and loading from that path?

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Assume you are running as administrator?

try saving elsewhere and loading from that path?
    Yes, I've done both

Hi, I have a save on Version 3.9.68, have had the game running for years on the same laptop with no issues. Then suddenly last night none of my saves (have about 5) would load. When I clicked restore it said "[C:\Program Files (x86)\Championship Manager 01-02\ [save name] does not exist". And the same for the others.

I figured out if I restart my laptop and then load CM up all the saved games suddenly exist again and I'm able to resume playing on them. Yet if I do this and then minimise the game and go to my Program Files (x86)/ Championship Manager 01-02 folder on the laptop the saved games are nowhere to be found - even though I am in one at the time (it's just minimised).

Any ideas?

I can't even copy the file because it's not showing in the folder it's supposed to even though I'm on it at the time.
    I've looked through a few things on forums but cannot figure out a solution for the life of me e.g. saw something about Compatibility Files but apparently Windows 10 doesn't have this option? I don't really want to be restarting my laptop before each time I have a go on CM.

Thanks in advance for your help.

.sav game has disappeared when attempting to Restore Saved Game

Any ideas on this guys? First time this has happened to me in all my years playing CM! The .sav file still appears in my CM Folder but it doesn't appear when I go to restore (even though other saved games are there) - any help greatly appreciated!

maybe try copying the save the a different location and see if that helps?

Question Loading a saved game

Hello all

I am having an issue when loading a saved game.

Click lad game and the progress game gets about halfway whilst "loading database" the game then completely shuts down. No error message.

I run the game as administrator etc.

Any help, greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Tom

It also won't let me go to the settings, very strange

What database you using?

Any patch e.g Saturn/Tapani?

Champ Man reset and saved games crashing

Hi guys, I seem to be finding some weird errors at the moment. When I attempted to load CM 01/02 icon from desktop, I got an error message (stupidly forgot the take down) but essentially what it's done is restore factory settings i.e. when it eventually loaded back up again, I was greeted with the Game Settings screen. I was able to load up a .sav game but when I tried to click onto the next date, the game completely crashed. Think my PC is knackered but any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Is there a way to save my .sav game?
    Do I need to reinstall everything and start again?
    Many thanks
    Martin
    Last edited by martincohen; 08-09-19 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by martincohen View Post
    Hi guys, I seem to be finding some weird errors at the moment. When I attempted to load CM 01/02 icon from desktop, I got an error message (stupidly forgot the take down) but essentially what it's done is restore factory settings i.e. when it eventually loaded back up again, I was greeted with the Game Settings screen. I was able to load up a .sav game but when I tried to click onto the next date, the game completely crashed. Think my PC is knackered but any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Is there a way to save my .sav game?
    Do I need to reinstall everything and start again?
    Many thanks
    Martin
    run game as admin with xp sp3 compatibility mode

Hello

No updated - ODB. Not even .68.

Try running in a different compatibility mode, I had issues with game just going off for no reason and I changed compatibility to something else

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    run game as admin with xp sp3 compatibility mode
    Thanks very much for the response. Unfortunately I already had the game setup as XP SP3 and I've just ran as Administrator but no difference.

Is this more preventative to stop it happening again or is there any way to retrieve my previous game?

Is your recommendation that I uninstall or should it be ok going forward so long as I run via admin?

Many thanks
    M