Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1139

Thread: Save Game Queries

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martincohen View Post
    Thanks very much for the response. Unfortunately I already had the game setup as XP SP3 and I've just ran as Administrator but no difference.

Is this more preventative to stop it happening again or is there any way to retrieve my previous game?

Is your recommendation that I uninstall or should it be ok going forward so long as I run via admin?

Many thanks
    M
    if your savegame loaded fine now then just go forward. Otherwise If your savegame still didnt load then make sure your game has the same patches applied as when you saved the savegame the last time

vCash

Saved game cannot be saved

Hi guys,

Playing the ODB and was just into the third season. Went to save the game and it came up that it could not be saved. After Ctrl + alt + del and closing the program I then tested it again, and every other game saved, and the same message came up. I reinstalled the program but no such luck. Is there a way to fix it? When I had previously saved the game it came up there was a problem with hall of fame but I would click okay and it would save.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    if your savegame loaded fine now then just go forward. Otherwise If your savegame still didnt load then make sure your game has the same patches applied as when you saved the savegame the last time
    Save game loads but when I try to move the date forward, the whole application crashes....looks pretty ominous!

vCash
    tried holidaying past the crash date?

vCash
    Are you saying a previously played game (that you saved) now cannot be saved (if you start playing it again)?

If so, what is the actual error message?

Tried saving to a different path or call it something different?

vCash
    Yeah that's correct. Was playing a saved game that had saved many times, I actually had auto save on weekly so I knew it was saving. Went to exit and save the game and the message came up. I do not know how to add a screen shot but the message was "The saved game "C:\program files (x86)\championship manager 01-02\elche.sav" could not be saved"

Since that message has come up I then force closed the game and went into another saved game, went to save that and the same message came up, I tried that on a few games and all the same. I have also reinstalled the whole game but the same thing happens.

vCash
    tried saving to a different path? (e.g desktop)

save under different name?

vCash
    How do I save it to a different path?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlovelock View Post
    How do I save it to a different path?
    When you click save game, it brings up the default patch or the path last chosen to save

Just overwrite it with where you want it saved

vCash
    That seems to have sorted it, I have saved it to my Onedrive account. The message about the Hall of fame error still comes up though?

vCash
    Hi guys.

I'm using the Lüssenhoff DB on a Tapanified 3.9.68 patch, and I haven't messed with any editor whatsoever. I have had other saves using this precise setup before without problems.

I have almost every league selected, as I always do, and this is the first time I've come across a seemingly unavoidable crash dump so soon: August 2nd 2003. I don't see any CM error pop up, the game just crashes, with the traditional Windows message saying that CM 01-02 stopped working.

I'm not home right now, but I can post some screenshots/the save itself later, if it helps. But if anyone has any ideas I should test before, please let me know. Thanks.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlovelock View Post
    That seems to have sorted it, I have saved it to my Onedrive account. The message about the Hall of fame error still comes up though?
    Good to hear - not sure if that is an issue

vCash
    Tried holidaying past the crash?

Can't say I've ever used Tapani 2.22 either

vCash
    Yes, still crashes.

vCash
    It's a bug related to the Argentine Second Division that can occur on all versions of CM. If you can upload your cm0102.exe and save game then I might be able to fix it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    It's a bug related to the Argentine Second Division that can occur on all versions of CM. If you can upload your cm0102.exe and save game then I might be able to fix it.
    Thanks. Here are the links:

https://mega.nz/#!o4cFCIxA!oBWWscvMa...EucHfDKUHiUU0M - exe
    https://mega.nz/#!ElUHEIyD!4hWVS1Zzy...-7lMJHrsqmUIHc - zipped save

vCash
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/qbbwd4...M0102.zip/file

You can use the exe that you were originally using, the one in the zip file above is just in case you run into the problem again. If it does then just use that exe to progress the game a day or two and check that the Argentine league tables have reset properly, then save and restart using your original exe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/qbbwd4...M0102.zip/file

You can use the exe that you were originally using, the one in the zip file above is just in case you run into the problem again. If it does then just use that exe to progress the game a day or two and check that the Argentine league tables have reset properly, then save and restart using your original exe.
    It worked! Although you included the save game right after the crashing point, I decided to try your .exe with the save file I sent you and it also worked. You're a lifesaver man, thank you so much!

Care to explain what happened and how you solved it, or is it like rocket science?

Can this happen again during this save? If so, can it be solved by using your .exe? And the same goes for any other save using this setup (3.9.68 with T2.22), I would just have to use that .exe and voilà?
    Last edited by doom_master; 17-09-19 at 07:57 PM.

vCash
    There's a bug in the Argentine Second Division regarding its Average Points. I don't know exactly what the issue is but the problem definitely arises there, and has done since .60.

When the bug occurs, the game will continue as normal until the Argentine league tables reset around August 1st (unless you click on the Average Points tab beforehand and crash it that way). The patched exe literally just jumps past the line of code that crashes: I don't understand the code there so it's a pretty clumsy fix, but it does seem to work. Because I don't really know what the jumped over code does, I recommend only using the new exe to allow the Argentine tables to reset, then switch back to your normal exe.

The bug is somewhat common in that everyone will most likely run into it at some point, but not very often (at a random guess I'd say maybe once every 80 seasons). So it would be unlikely to happen again on your save, but if it does then yes you can resolve it (and any save on that setup) by using the exe in the zip.

(Just to add that the actual fix is 00409D7E JLE 00409D9E --> JMP 00409D9E.)

vCash
    Run the game as administrator which seems to have solved that issue!

vCash
    Hi Guys! i'm trying to search in the posts the solution of my issue but they are really tons of messages!
    i play on win 10 with patch 3.9.68 and the march 2k19 update.
    I can't load my saves. When i try, the game crashes without messages.
    I try to copy/paste the "file".sav from the AppData hidden folder in the game folder, but the game still crashes.

Any suggestions?????
    It's strange, because every time i start a new game, i'm able to load saves for one-two days, then the issue come out again!!!
    Thanks for your help!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casateo View Post
    I try to copy/paste the "file".sav from the AppData hidden folder in the game folder, but the game still crashes.
    if it saved in the AppData folder it means you are not running the game as admin. Run as admin with xp sp3 compatiblity mode and the crash will be gone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    if it saved in the AppData folder it means you are not running the game as admin. Run as admin with xp sp3 compatiblity mode and the crash will be gone
    Seems like that this method works!!!!! Thank you!

vCash
    Hello. It seems that, for some strange reason, i cannot continue my save with Scarborough. First, it was a few years back that i couldn't load my save after 2 seasons, which got corrupted somehow. Now, i tried again the same team with a new save and before the 2nd season even ends, i get this message and the game shuts down.

It's like the game won't let me manage Scarborough but it will let me manage any other team! With another team i manage and with Scarborough, i am getting some similar messages with the word "news" but i can continue. Also i have occasional crashes to the desktop (that's why i save after every game) but the saves keep loading normally.

Any help would be welcome. I am using ODB, windows xp sp3.