Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1139

Thread: Save Game Queries

Hmmm - I would always install 3.9.68 patch which removes bugs from original game

But will existing saved games work if i install this patch? Thanks for the reply.

Unsure mae - give it a whirl?

A little update that might be useful to others: before i try installing 3.9.68, i loaded the save in my small laptop, after uninstalling and reinstalling the game. The error appeared once or twice but i persisted and it got to the matchday. Then, i transferred the save to my desktop pc and after the game, the error appeared again but after a few tries, it went away and i am past that date with no problems.

It might do that again, but if you encounter this error, it's worth a shot to keep trying.

Angry Unable to load a save

Hi

I downloaded the game from here yesterday, i made a save and have tried to lreload the save but it says insert disk, obviously this is I try to click ok but it goes no further, how do I get into my saved game I am using virtual clone drive to I have to something there?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderland1972 View Post
    Hi

I downloaded the game from here yesterday, i made a save and have tried to lreload the save but it says insert disk, obviously this is I try to click ok but it goes no further, how do I get into my saved game I am using virtual clone drive to I have to something there?

Thanks
    just remount the iso

how do you do that?

Re-mount the ISO file only. You can change a setting within the virtual drive to load it automatically.

When you restart the computer the iso (this is the file the game is on) is dismounted by the software (which essentially mimics ejecting a physical cd). You only need to find cm0102.iso (or a shortcut to the file), right click and select Mount. It will prompt to install the game again but this is the default option the software on the iso (disc) so you can just ignore or cancel this prompt. Once the iso is mounted again you can play the game as if there was a physical cd in there.

The other option is to burn the iso file to a cd and leave the cd in the physical cd drive.

Exclamation Unable to save games

Hi,

Can anyone help? I'm having problem saving games, when I save the save game I can't find the .sav file and then the game says I am unable to save a game in the program file location. I'm running the game on windows 7.

Any ideas? Is there a patch that will sort this?

Thanks

Try this:

change the Security settings on the Championship Manager 01-02 folder. Right click > Properties > Security > highlight User then click Edit > highlight Users again and tick Modify underneath. Click Apply then Ok

Brilliant, thanks very much. Will give this a go

Hi,

I tried this and unfortunately it didn't work. Do you have any other suggestions? I even tried giving 'users' full control

Thanks

tried saving to a different location?

or move current save game to different location (e.g desktop) and then have the game to look at that path and see if you can load it then?

Saving it to desktop 'worked'! Thanks very much. Although I can't see the game file...not sure if this might cause issues later.

saved game reload after machine shutdown

my problem is this:

I played the game and then unplugged the machine. After that, I couldn't reload my saved game. Exits while charging, does not write a specific error message.

Can this help me to reload my game?

Are you running the game as administrator and have compatability enabled?

Impossible to restore saved games (Cup.cpp 5030)

Hello everybody!
    A couple of days ago I played for a couple of hours, then I saved my game and turned off my PC.
    After turning it on again, I have been trying to restore my saved game. However, when loading game data, I get an error "v3.9.68T stadium..cpp 261". I click ok. Then I get "v3.9.68T Cup.cpp 5030", but when I click ok the game just quits.
    I have a backup save game (from the day before), but when I try to restore it the "loading game data" stops and the game quits. No error message shown.
    I do have old savegames (like, 6 months earlier in game time), and they seem to work fine. As far as I know, I did nothing at all to change my installation from this morning. No patch, no update, nothing.
    My current version is 3.9.68T - Build: Nov 21 2002 Tapani v2.22 + s7, and I running CM on Windows 10.
    Since you are going to ask: I wasn't used to run the game in compatibility mode or as administrator. But now I do, and the problem is still there.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Nope.

Thanks in advance!

What compatability are you using?

Cannot say I've ever used Tapani 2.22 though so unsure of any issues with that (wasn't aware you could use that AND Saturn V7 either)

Windows XP service pack 3.
    As for 2.22 + V7, I just followed the instructions listed in the thread "saturn patch v7+" which I found when looking for patches...

So what is your actual issue now - loading the save game and it crashing

Or creating a new game and getting the errors?

Also - used the editor at all?

Seeif anything in this thread can help - https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...690#post360690

Loading the save games.
    For one save game, it crashes showing the errors I reported.
    For the other one, it crashes during the loading game data phase.
    I haven't tried to start a new game (I really would like to continue with my previous ones )

And no, never used the editor. Never even installed it.
    I did look at the thread you are mentioning, but I found no solution, unfortunately.

Yes...
    so, my problem is, while playing, my little boy pulled out my pc cable from the converter.i think this has caused the saved game file to fail . can it be sorted out somehow ?!

Copy save game to somewhere else on PC - e.g Desktop and then try loading it from there (you'll need to change patch the game looks at to look at new location)

What compatability is it set at?

Have a word with your son as well