Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1285

Thread: Save Game Queries

vCash
    Just move it (using file explorer) to the correct directory.

Make sure you run CM as administrator if you donít want it to happen again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    If it isn't there, try using the File Explorer app, which has a search function. If you use that to scan your entire C: drive it will turn up somewhere. Once we know where it is we can work out how it got there, but my money is on virtualstore.
    I found virtualstore and found my saved game. I moved it back to cm0102 folder and tried to launch it but while loading the game, the program stops with an error message...

vCash
    And actually I just realized this file I found in virtualstore was created and last modified on April 3rd, whereas the saved game I am unable to load from cm0102 program (same file name) was used until May 4th...

vCash
    Try doing the search of C: drive with file explorer you might find the missing save
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    Try doing the search of C: drive with file explorer you might find the missing save
    My save is not actually missing on the computer. As I said it is in the cm0102 folder where it should be. My problem is that the program cannot find it, so I cannot load it in the game... I don't understand why. This is the only saved game I have a problem with. All my other saves I can keep playing with, but not this one.

vCash
    If the game can't see it then it must be corrupt. There is something in it that stops the loader from recognising it as a save game.

vCash
    If you want to put your save on a site where I can download, I can have a look and see if it works for me.

vCash
    Amazingly the exact same thing has happened to one of my saves today. It is still in the folder but the game can't find it, I assume it's a windows issue - some upgrade or none upgrade (if using old windows) that has corrupted it somehow. The loading bar gets halfway then CM.exe closes because of a problem. All other saves are fine.

vCash

Recovering save file

Hi,

I have deleted my save file by mistake.

I choose "delete saved game" instead of "load saved game".

Is there a way to recover it?

I looked to the recycle bin but the file isn't there...

Thanks

vCash

I Can't Load my Saved Game

Hi,

I am unable to load my saved game. A notice comes up saying 'insert disc'. This hasn't happened before. My computer did update itself overnight so i'm thinking that might have something to do with it, any ideas how to get around this?

Thanks in advance

vCash
    Find the CM0102 iso file, right click and Mount

https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1690

vCash
    Sorry I'm not very technically savvy... excuse my ignorance but where will I find the iso file and what does mount mean?

I'm surprised I got this far to be honest, the game has been working fine for the last few days

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lean Ham View Post
    Sorry I'm not very technically savvy... excuse my ignorance but where will I find the iso file and what does mount mean?

I'm surprised I got this far to be honest, the game has been working fine for the last few days
    https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...663#post473663

vCash
    OK, this is pretty stupid of me, and I suspect there's nothing to be done - but I'd be incredibly happy if anybody can solve this:

I accidentally clicked "delete saved game" instead of restore saved game (I was playing with the screen resolution and had switched to windowed mode for the first time)...and with my eyes half off screen managed to actually delete my save before I realised what was happening

I've tried a couple of file restoring apps (Stellar and Glary) but can find no sign of the original .sav file. Is there anything I can do? Or is the file just permanently deleted?

PS I'm on Windows 10

vCash

Save Game Path

Hi,

I can't seem to find my save game path in my files, I can locate the game itself just not my saved game. If I open the desktop shortcut the save game is there. Any ideas?

vCash
    I've managed to sort this now with the help of older posts. Should have had a proper read through first! Thanks

vCash

Damaged Save File

Hi all,

Iíve been playing a save file on and off for a couple of years now. I actually started on the original CD-based version of the game on an old laptop and then copied this across to my new laptop and played with the downloaded version (no patches) on my new machine.

I started with West Brom in 01/02 and have continued without any issue, but Iím now at the end of June 2016 and the game continually crashes. When I go to continue beyond the afternoon of a particular date the game simply closes down. Iíve tried holidaying past this date, reducing the number of leagues, adding new managers, etc and nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

vCash
    https://zapodaj.net/099c34a5ef0fe.jpg.html

Hey. I accidentally started CM when it was running in the background, so for a while I had 2x running cm0102. I saved the game and probably broke my save. I really care about him, is there a way to fix it?

vCash

Loading Saved Game

Hi

i downloaded the game from here and the virtual clone dive

it played ok. But when i come to try and load my saved game its asking me to insert the cm 01/ 02 cd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl244 View Post
    Hi

i downloaded the game from here and the virtual clone dive

it played ok. But when i come to try and load my saved game its asking me to insert the cm 01/ 02 cd
    "Find the .ISO file. Right click and choose ""Mount"". When you restart the computer the iso (this is the file the game is on) is dismounted by the software (which essentially mimics ejecting a physical cd). You only need to find cm0102.iso (or a shortcut to the file), right click and select Mount. It will prompt to install the game again but this is the default option the software on the iso (disc) so you can just ignore or cancel this prompt. Once the iso is mounted again you can play the game as if there was a physical cd in there. If you have Windows 10 just double click the ISO file

The other option is to burn the iso file to a cd and leave the cd in the physical cd drive.
    "

vCash
    Probably broke your save? Have you tried to run it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiShagilko View Post
    Probably broke your save? Have you tried to run it?

Yes. The error pops up only when I click Continue

vCash
    Hello, I have got a problem with a save game: it starts to load but only until half database then cm0102 crashes without any messages.
    This happens just with this one. Furthermore I can't read the infos about this file ("could not find information about save game").
    I have already tried to update the game to v3.9.68, to change the loading path and the compatibility but always without any results.
    I hope to not say farewell to this save game.

vCash

SAVED DATA FILE DISAPPEARING

Hi Guys,

My saved files keep disappearing, the furthest Iíve got into a career is five seasons but after trying again, I'm barely getting past a season...

Iím running windows 10 and have tried previous methods suggested like turning the UAC off and locating the saved file in the hidden folder, but neither have worked

Appreciate any advice!

vCash
    Hi guys,

im using windows 10 and mounting the game to play.

my C: Cm folder has eveything in it and all works fine when i play.

however i cannot see my save games files in any folder anywhere (can play them fine)

i have read about hidden files but as its windows 10 im not sure it applies - i have ticked show hidden files and also have searched for .sav and looked in C: user but nothing

any ideas?

thanks