Thread: Pro Evolution Soccer 2019

vCash

Pro Evolution Soccer 2019

Now I know most of the forums guys have hardly any idea what PES or Pro Evolution Soccer is, but there are few who play it here (with me included).

I have not had any hopes for PES 2019 whatsoever. It got even worse when they announced they have lost Europe League and UEFA Champions League licenses to EA Sports and FIFA.

Where did the money go? To buy licenses of subpar leagues (with Russian and Turkish being best of the bunch followed by I don't know, Scottish league?).

So with no hopes and with remembering that PES 2018 was a complete disaster online and offline wise (AI was horrid and on higher diffs cheating to heart content).

Downloaded the demo of PES 2019 and instantly fell in love with it. I don't know how they did it, but hey, they did it. Bought full game afterwards and I am blasting it every day since it came out (can't say that I lasted that long ever since PES 2013).

One of the strongest things PES has over FIFA is... Gameplay. On pitch it blows FIFA out of the water hands down. Passing feels crisp, player movement (quick 1-2 passing using LB + pass or more advanced hold LB push Right stick towards player who you want to make the run and see magic happening) is top notch, tactics and formations/instructions actually WORK as intended (so setting defensive on CDM actually makes him stay back when attacking). The new Enlighten system brings the game to whole new level graphically. One gripe with graphics is how turfs look though. Player faces and models are recreated to perfection and FIFA, take a lesson on how to make faces:

Here is David Beckham from within the game. Looks impressive?

MyClub - that thing which is FUT counterpart but in PES is, if you get into it, far more well thought than FIFA money grabbing business. You know on PES playing players in MyClub out of their nominal position will, after certain amount of time, give them cohesion with new position. Cool.
    You can train players so they learn new skills for example.
    Live updates are a thing, so you don't need millions of cards. You get one card of player (be it lvl 30 black ball or lvl 1 black ball) and if he is in good form irl he will have update in game the same week. Neat.
    Players in MyClub CAN develop further the more games they play. Mentioned levels of players right? Yep they have upper limit of level you can develop player to! Even white balls (the most trash players) can turn to be decent if they play games (they always start at lvl 1 with OVR rating of 50s, but have upper level limit of 72, so that 50 OVR can turn to be ~70-82 OVR). Crazy, but I fell in love with this mode because of that.
    One of biggest differences is how you manage tactics/formations in MyClub. You buy managers to suit your style of play. Real life managers that is. You cannot change formations to what you like or defensive/attacking style. You can change advanced instructions and slightly positions on formation screen. At first I didn't dig that idea, but now, I think it's what makes this mode interesting.

Those were the goodies. Bad stuff is still there, but it doesn't take away from awesomeness on the pitch mind you.

Bad stuff:
    Presentation - here FIFA is king. Period. PES is miles behind.
    Audio aka crowd reactions and commentary - still the same old commentary and crowd reactions feel dull when compared to awesome FIFA 19 crowds (seriously, best crowds in football ever?!)
    Master League - Love it or hate it, it's still the same (I don't mind it this year). Unrealistic player valuations and stuff can put people off however, so just take a note. It's more like Fantasy Football...
    Online - have not tried this year knowing what happened last year... (will update on that one later).

Not so bad:
    Licensing or lack of it. This is NOT a problem for PS4 and PC owners due to Option Files and file sharing.
    For PS4 you need pen drive where you copy the contents of the OF and put it on your console and then import it via in games Edit menu. Tadah, all licensing is back here.
    PC is even better as not only you can get all licenses, you can add boots, gloves, new faces, adboards, new stadiums, balls, etc.

I recommend PES Universe for such stuff or pes-patch.com (for free)

Anyway, I started Master League with Milan and it's quite a struggle.

Here is a playlist if someone wants to watch (doubt it xD).

If anyone got it, what's your opinion? I will be blunt and say, most fun PES in years. Finally a game on par with PES 6 and PES 2013.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/info0
    Twitch.tv: infonator07
    Twitter: info0

Donators welcome

Tournaments Won: 10

vCash
    Hardly any idea I think we do know mate. Especially me, I grew up with it on PlayStation 1

vCash
    I still play PES 6 on the PS2

Glad to hear it maybe getting back to that level, don't know why they can't just take that game, update the squads and stuff, and then obviously bump it up for the newer consoles.

Tournaments Won: 10

vCash

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Exactly mate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Hardly any idea I think we do know mate. Especially me, I grew up with it on PlayStation 1
    That was a sarcastic and ironic bit, but in UK PES is not that popular anymore.

If you lot have not tried demo yet, I recommend doing so.

Here is MyClub team, selected the best players I can pick on each position. The problem is Manager who cannot utilise so many star players, so will be looking to swap him up with someone better...

Don't mind the bench players. Usually have the weak ones here . As you can see Lv 30/42 on Kroos means he can still develop his stats in game, gaining more and more exp the more he plays in matches. This is the thing I love. Also fringe players (think Bronze players on FIFA) have their value here. You can turn them into... Trainers and then use them to develop more valuable players. Fine by me .

Donators welcome

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I still play PES 6 on the PS2

Glad to hear it maybe getting back to that level, don't know why they can't just take that game, update the squads and stuff, and then obviously bump it up for the newer consoles.
    They actually do try that with every new PES iteration now. Bring back the fun days of old and it's getting very close. PES 2019 is very fun to play, which is something I missed in PES 2018 and 17.

Donators welcome

vCash
    Ok, dropped FIFA for good and stuck with PES 2019 this year. Can I say it was bad decision or best choice since PES 6 days?

I will say the latter. I didn't play much of Career mode on FIFA nor did I do it on PES. On FIFA it was FUT and on PES it was MyClub which got my attention the most.

On FIFA 19 my team is shitters. No matter what I tried never got ANY LUCK in packs or SBCs.

On PES 2019 things were a wee bit different. Mind you I did not spend a DIME on PES 2019 and this is my team now:

Mind you the season is still ongoing on PES and till PES 2020 arrives there will be more events to come. Tbf it's very hard to obtain similar team on FIFA (did you notice gold cards here are actually in game legends - Beckham and Del Piero)

Donators welcome