Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Increase in Red Cards since ODB

vCash
    Im posting this in the spirit of moving forward together. I admit i should have handled my feedback on the 2018 October update better and for that i apologies. As Ray mentioned i am an emotional guy and have a huge passion for the game and love the work you guys do. I think the reason for my directness was because it has felt like the forum and the FB group are 2 entities that dont really know about each other much (except a few of us), so coming on here it can feel like an your an outsider. The numbers are growing for members on the group rapidly and as its a private group so much can be done interactively. I feel theres a core group of members on the group that do a lot and that you should definitely speak to on a regular basis to see what a large consensus of CM fans/players think, GFray and Offside Trap to name a few. Im not sure what Mark Whittakers name is on here, but he created the group and posts regularly about news about the game. I also felt like some elements of the game whether it be player attributes or play ability of the game weren't being adjusted for the future of the game to thrive. The Saturn patch is amazing and the feedback we receive from the group along with our own is what we share with you. Anyway i hope we can draw a line under everything as we all want the same thing and thats for the best possible version of CM for everyone to be able to play. Enough waffle from me keep it alive lads!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kope22 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    ahhh little bit of clarity...kope22 correct then ..in a roundabout sort of way!

good work by ALL involved!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 5

vCash
    Dermo quick question: Did you change anything to the CA/PA of the referees in regards to the many red cards?
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    Dermo quick question: Did you change anything to the CA/PA of the referees in regards to the many red cards?
    Dermo: you might have missed this one from me.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Loving the update!!!

I know its been asked twice...ill go for 3rd time lucky??
    Any news on this?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by London35 View Post
    Loving the update!!!

I know its been asked twice...ill go for 3rd time lucky??
    Any news on this?
    Can't you just check yourself?

Edit: I've checked for you. All the major refs have had their CA and PA lowered so you should see less yellow and red cards. I don't know why you couldn't have checked yourself though. Took 1 minute.
    Last edited by Coys; 24-10-18 at 03:33 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coys For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    Can't you just check yourself?

Edit: I've checked for you. All the major refs have had their CA and PA lowered so you should see less yellow and red cards. I don't know why you couldn't have checked yourself though. Took 1 minute.
    I haven't downloaded the update yet as I'm busy with other stuff and I'm waiting on the saturn patch before I start playing. That's why I asked in here (twice) to get confirmation.

Not everyone immidiately downloads and plays the update you know.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I haven't downloaded the update yet as I'm busy with other stuff and I'm waiting on the saturn patch before I start playing. That's why I asked in here (twice) to get confirmation.

Not everyone immidiately downloads and plays the update you know.
    I haven't played it, nor do i plan on playing it. It's frustrating seeing 3 of you all asking the same thing and liking each other's posts when all one of you needs to do is extract some files and open the editor.

vCash
    I haven't played it, nor do i plan on playing it. It's frustrating seeing 3 of you all asking the same thing and liking each other's posts when all one of you needs to do is extract some files and open the editor.
    Easier to ask a question/get a reply from the person who might have made the change...than download files...extract files...open editor...
    Its not lazy its common sense!? - plus it gives the option of said person to add some context....explain how/why...what changes exactly... (if they want to)...this is a forum yes?...its for discussion yes?...

If it frustrates you!?!?...why?? - not enough for you to then do the above and answer the question?...what a weird set of replies!
    sheesh!

Last edited by London35; 24-10-18 at 02:24 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    It's laziness. Mask over it however you like.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Coys For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 10

vCash

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    @Coys: Why did my question, which is simply answered with a yes or no, not get answered then while other questions that came later did get an answer?

Is that laziness too from the Update Team?

Be careful how you word things dude.

vCash
    @Coys: Why did my question, which is simply answered with a yes or no, not get answered then while other questions that came later did get an answer?

Is that laziness too from the Update Team?

Be careful how you word things dude.
    Am I allowed to thank you for this? or is that frustrating!?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Ok im confused to the attitude towards a simple question, especially after it was Ray that helped you recently COYS. You and i spent time on discord discussing issues with the game we both felt that could be improved, to which I said Ray was creating an exe that had development restored to the standard of the ODB with the latest patches, which Ray sent me to give to you to play and now you attack him for asking a simple question about an issue regarding the red and yellow card issue which we also talked about. Seems a bit ungrateful mate. I understand it doesn't take long to look up if you have the download as i did myself once i had time, but no need to have a go at someone when you don't know all the facts. Anyway lets move on as Mark said.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kope22 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    What did Ray help me with exactly? I already had the offset and have for over a year.

vCash
    hi, could somebody write their observations about red and yellow cards with playing October 2018 Update?
    I will never play updated databases , but I want to apply refree CA/PA changes to my own DB if it works
    Last edited by xeno; 24-10-18 at 05:32 PM.

vCash
    What did Ray help me with exactly? I already had the offset and have for over a year.
    https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...426#post334426

Post 238.

The point of me talking to you was to share what I already knew. It turned out you'd recently found the same offset so that Is all there was to it. So don't know why you're acting like you've done me a favour?

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Coys For This Useful Post:

vCash
    https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...426#post334426

Post 238.

The point of me talking to you was to share what I already knew. It turned out you'd recently found the same offset so that Is all there was to it. So don't know why you're acting like you've done me a favour?
    Then this is a misunderstanding. We thought you were looking for it while you thought we were looking for it. Turns out we both already have it.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Yes you mentioned that and you also mentioned you had done nothing with it either, hence why you were interested in seeing how it worked out. You can act like nobody did you a favour, but people did go out of their way to be kind to you. But anyway I really don't care. Im tired and at work so no more on this from me.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Kope22 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I hadn't done any concrete testing on it, no. I talked with you because I wanted you to be aware it existed, and to recommend the 2.16 patch as an alternative (last tapani before player development changes)

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Coys For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xeno View Post
    hi, could somebody write their observations about red and yellow cards with playing October 2018 Update?
    I will never play updated databases , but I want to apply refree CA/PA changes to my own DB if it works
    Please feedback your observations with playing October 2018 Update

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xeno View Post
    Please feedback your observations with playing October 2018 Update
    I have tested it on the March 2017 update by manually editing CA/PA in the editor (set both to 40). I noticed much less red cards (around 5~7) and the same amount of yellows (+50) in the season. Tested it out on multiple save games.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Maybe I can shed some light on this cos my game had become unplayable since the latest patch came out. I've used hard tackling since day one but had never seen anything like what I've recently been experiencing, at least 10 red cards a season and numerous yellow cards. I read through all of this and everything that was suggested I tried, it got to the point where I was using easy tackling but still getting 3-4 yellows a game on easy tackling whereas the opposition who were playing hard were getting 1-2 yellows a game.

It got to the point where I was gonna stop playing the game cos it was just no fun and had become horrible to play. I then had a thought, I recalled in the built in editor the 'ARSE' option, I went in and checked and this was ticked so I turned it off.

What I believe this option is is it makes players do more silly things like push the ref and go AWOL, the only conclusion I can come to is this doesn't affect the AI as since I've turned it off my game has dramatically improved.

I'm 16 games in on hard tackling and I've had 2 red cards (both in 1 game) and 18 yellows which is just over 1 a game. I'll see the season out and report back, fingers crossed that was what was spoiling my game.

I use saturn's latest patch, the October 2018 update and 3.9.68T.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to fairedinkum For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123