Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: October 2018 Data Update Feedback

vCash
    @all

I would recommend waiting for the Saturn Patch to go with the new update, particularly if you want to start in 2018

2. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Have you test starting with in 2018 with Tapani patch? Is that why you are making thad recommendation?

vCash
    Does game importance for a nation have much of an influence on the game? France's is only 18 despite being World Champions, but Greece's is 20 (Croatia also 20 but as World Cup runners up that's ok).

Unpopular opinion, I'd say Bolt should have acceleration of about 18, he didn't overtake people till after about 60-70m in the 100m

vCash
    Forgot to say I got this error when loading the editor as well (got it both times I loaded it), can click through it ok but thought I'd let you know.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Have you test starting with in 2018 with Tapani patch? Is that why you are making thad recommendation?
    No, just because the Saturn patch has all you need and you can start in 2018. I don't think you need Tapani then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Forgot to say I got this error when loading the editor as well (got it both times I loaded it), can click through it ok but thought I'd let you know.
    Yep that's fine. It will disappear after run Validate Database. You will however lose the benefits of the Loans Duplicator tool (forces loans in Spain, Germany and Portugal to load correctly)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    No, just because the Saturn patch has all you need. I don't think you need Tapani then.
    But Tapani (or no Tapani) could be used fine until then? Saturn might not have a patch for a couple of weeks yet. I have no time to check but be nice if someone could test if 2.21 + a 2018 start works ok

The more feedback we have the better the Data is, then the better the saturn's patched databases are. The less feedback, the worse both are

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Couple things about Rangers from the editor,

I'd swap Hearts for Hibs under rival clubs, favourite staff you can replace Colin Hendry and Kris Boyd for Brian Laudrup and Barry Ferguson, disliked staff Boruc and McGeady can be changed to Scott Brown and Leigh Griffiths.

Looks like you removed Miles Beerman's left side rather than right side from the preview save, he should only have left side. Forgot to mention that Scott Arfield is Canada captain as well, so his leadership needs increasing from 4, I take it he plays/played left side for Canada/Burnley that's why it was left in?

Ejaria doesn't seem to have any mental traits in the editor, while Ryan Kent has no stats at all, has that changed? He looked decent in the preview save so I'd have thought he'd have had some stats filled out. Made his 100th competitive appearance in football the other day so should be able to come up with some stats, let me know if you need me to suggest anything. Lassana Coulibally only has a 10 for determination (which I'd up), all his other mental traits are 0.

Cheers guys
    Last edited by AMC; 22-10-18 at 09:37 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Will do a big update on Southport as well soon, big changes on and off the field in the summer (new owners, board, manager and players) but only went at the weekend for the first time since last season so weren't too clued up on the playing staff till I bought a programme on Saturday

vCash
    But Tapani (or no Tapani) could be used fine until then? Saturn might not have a patch for a couple of weeks yet. I have no time to check but be nice if someone could test if 2.21 + a 2018 start works ok
    First: I love you and the other folks who do these updates, can't express how much I appreciate it.

Second: I've played 11 matches so far with Oct 2018 and 2.21 Tapani, all good Playing with 10 countries or so.

Edit: and I started in 2018, english league.
    Last edited by Jesajah; 22-10-18 at 09:28 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesajah For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zolamoukoko View Post
    parma not in serie a geat job everyone tyvm
    Last edited by Redknapp69; 22-10-18 at 09:42 PM.

vCash
    Have loaded up the 6 "big leagues" from Europe and will go on holiday for a few years under Oct 2018 update and Tapani 2.21.1 starting in 2018

Let me know what you want me to report back on - I'm not playing it - so if that is an issue then let me know and i'll stop the holiday

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks for keeping this game alive

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohsin View Post
    I'm trying to sign Belotti from Torino, but they annoyingly reject it saying they recently purchased him. He has a history of previous seasons at Torino so I don't get why its happening
    Edit: Okay it's happening with a lot of players I'm trying to sign and is annoying me, their clubs give the same reason and it makes no sense. They haven't been recently signed by their Club.
    I personally wasn't aware of the weird message.

Let me explain via an example. Imagine you play a season with Italian Serie A.

A couple of months into the game, Juventus sells Dybala to Real, Pjanic to Barça and gets Di Maria. Inter sells Icardi to Bayern and gets Mertens from Napoli as a replacement.
    Belotti moves from Torino to Roma, which sells Dzeko to Atletico. Immobile also moves from Lazio to ManCity, while Hamsik moves from Napoli to Liverpool.

Before the game gets to December, most of the bigger clubs are unrecognizable and most top players change team. All of our work to fine tune this or that detail is lost. A good deal of randomization is applied here and there.

That happens in all of my tests. Sometimes systematically with the same players moving to the same clubs.

So, what we did is to apply a few small devices which, more or less, "lock" players to clubs at least for a while. It's nice and smooth (and imo more realistic too), because as the months pass by, little by little, more and more players become available for transfers. You can easily find that some of them are available right away at the start of the game, but, maybe I'm now getting too far, as the more I explain, the more I risk to spoil some fun side of the game.

So far, so good. The bad part is the side effect you are reporting, which I understand, can be annoying.

I wasn't aware of it. Anyway, I, as one, would keep these tricks, for gameplay sake.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Andrea71 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well explained Andrea!

And how realistic is it that all star players move clubs that often? I doesn't happen a lot in real life as well (just a couple) so i.m.o. it's a great feature to keep the more realistic.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    thank you for explaining, really enjoying the update

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Mohsin For This Useful Post:

vCash
    OK - Ran the game on "holiday" until August 2026 (started in 2018 using Tapani 2.21.1 patch)

No errors or crashes

Have these leagues loaded - England, Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Holland

Some screenies below!

Let me know of anything else you want to have a look at (or I can send the save game)

World Cup and Euro's results

Spoiler!

World Manager Reputations

Lopetegui

Spoiler!

Highest Valued Players and Highest Valued Players Over 30 years of age (all “old/standard” values)

Spoiler!

Major Transfers (over the years)

Pogba to Porto

Spoiler!

Selected Club Finances

Spoiler!

Major League Winners

Spoiler!

CL and Europa League Winners

Spoiler!

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hopw do I do the start date from 2018.
    sorry if its a dumb question

And thank you all for the hard work and updates
    Last edited by Dermotron; 23-10-18 at 06:30 AM.

vCash
    You can use Tapani patch 2.21.1 (unsure if it may crash but I tested above and seemed ok)

https://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=268

Or maybe use new Saturn patch which he may release in a few days/week time

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spyda2 View Post
    Hopw do I do the start date from 2018.
    sorry if its a dumb question

And thank you all for the hard work and updates
    Like Redders said, the Saturn patch will come very soon and will allow you to start in 2018 plus it will give you a bunch more options. I am waiting for it as well, like many other folks.

vCash
    Wolves smashing it with the transfers on that testing by Red.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Looks like finance issue with the other clubs, they are very low on funds. Nearly all on operative cash rather than transfer cash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolayov View Post
    Do you start with minimum DB?
    No, maximum database as always.

vCash
    Looks like finance issue with the other clubs, they are very low on funds. Nearly all on operative cash rather than transfer cash
    Hmmmm - I stopped the save on Aug 1st though so might no be ideal if dividends/season tickets etc is all being sorted? Can run it on a bit if you want?

vCash
    Regarding Tapani 2.21.1, I started in 2018 with Fiorentina, I'm in January now and no crashes so far

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Rxx For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast