Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My CM0102Patcher

vCash

My CM0102Patcher

This is my CM0102 Patcher for 3.9.68 which applies many of the useful Tapani patcher features, but is more configurable and contains some of the new patches people have found:

*** UPDATE ***
    v1.07:
    * Fix for Euro.cfg when updating Holland->Netherlands
    * Scouter now has presets for columns selection
    * Removed Player Search Finds All Players and changed with Manage Any Team

GitHub: https://github.com/nckstwrt/CM0102Patcher
    Releases: https://github.com/nckstwrt/CM0102Patcher/releases

It also has a tools section with things like a patch applier that can apply .patch files from things like Flex 2 or patch files made with "fc /b cm0102_original.exe cm0102_patched.exe > newpatch.patch"

An unfinished scouter, based on CM Scout, but allows you to view and sort by the "intrinsic" skills value (can load compressed and uncompressed saves)

Also there is a little officials.dat patcher for patching up referees as per recent discussions on getting too many red cards from recent updates:

The RGN Image Converter:

Obviously, all the credit for this should really go to Tapani, JohnLocke, Saturn, etc who have come up with all these great patches!

I really just made this for myself, so it's a little untested but seems to work well enough. I started a game with all leagues (inc conference, etc), max db, starting in 2018 and it played for a good few seasons with no errors.

Instructions:
    1. Install a fresh CM0102 from the ISO
    2. Apply the 3.9.68 patch
    3. Copy over any updated Data Updates
    4. Use the CM0102 Patcher to configure the exe how you like

Hope it's useful/of interest to somebody Let me know if there's any other little feature I should add.

Cheers,
    Nick
    Last edited by Nick+Co; Yesterday at 08:37 AM.

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hi Nick, this is very interesting!

Would be interesting to get feedback on this as a more configurable patch is useful indeed.

vCash
    Nick you freaking legend!

I will get on this tonight and do some holiday testing to test stability/look for errors.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

vCash
    Nick got some questions:

1. The currency inflation. Is that the same as new values/old values of the saturn patch?
    2. The regen fixes. Is that the fix this post speaks off?
    3. Force load all players. Is that what xeno posted here?
    4. The EEC patcher is the EEC hack that modifies the nations.dat file?
    5. Would it be possible to add the 'find all players' change to the patcher as well?
    6. Is the competition renaming patch included in this?

If the above is correct then damn sir, I salute you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Well, well, does this mean the Saturn patch is no longer needed?
    Of course not. This covers what you see on the patcher.

So there'll be a ton of other features that the saturn patch covers that this one won't. Off the top of my head, the fixed transfer windows, updated competition names, award names, etc.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Of course not. This covers what you see on the patcher.

So there'll be a ton of other features that the saturn patch covers that this one won't. Off the top of my head, the fixed transfer windows, updated competition names, award names, etc.
    The big question will be if this patcher will work on the saturn patch .exe. There's a lot of fixes that I now manually do that this patch can do in one go so it would be awesome if it's compatible with a saturn .exe

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    The big question will be if this patcher will work on the saturn patch .exe. There's a lot of fixes that I now manually do that this patch can do in one go so it would be awesome if it's compatible with a saturn .exe
    Hmm, I'm not sure about that. saturn's patch works with a specific database as you know, so I'd be surprised if it is.

vCash
    One patch to rule them all!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JLa For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thank you so much for this!

vCash
    Looks interesting - will keep an eye

vCash
    I suggest under each patch name could have an explanation about what the patch does or a link to the respective forum post that describes the patch

vCash
    Thank you so much for sharing the source code as well. Would you agree to put the source code into a colaborative site like github? That way people could colaborate easily by making pull requests. I would colaborate with code, for example.

vCash
    Some patches that could be included in the main screen of this tool are the ones made by Saturn, because Saturn always share a link to the .patches collection that he uses to create his whole patches, for those who want to apply them on different .exes or databases. So this tool could help applying some of saturn changes into a game that uses original databasa.

vCash
    Nick, you rock!!!! Thank you, this is very very useful indeed.

vCash
    Will start up a test save using this and the new update this afternoon

vCash
    First thing I've noticed is that adjusting the start year doesn't also adjust the future transfers in the player_config file. So I've taken over Real Madrid for example and all the future transfers that have been put in for the reserve players have fallen through when they're usually set up across the first few seasons of the game. It also forced Real Madrid to spend 16m on Rodrygo who was then released after a day because his contract actually expired

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I started a game on full speed with x3 inflation, English and Scottish leagues. Used the editor to put the old firm in the Premier league, added a manager as a Scottish League 2 team then went on holiday for a season. Everything seemed fine until it did the update in July. The status bar moved a tiny bit but then it just froze for over an hour so I had to kill it.

Just realised I had already applied the latest tapani patch and data update before I used this one which might have had an effect I dunno.
    Last edited by Bogroleum; 29-10-18 at 09:06 PM.

vCash
    @GFRay:
    1. The currency inflation. Is that the same as new values/old values of the saturn patch?
    2. The regen fixes. Is that the fix this post speaks off?
    3. Force load all players. Is that what xeno posted here?
    4. The EEC patcher is the EEC hack that modifies the nations.dat file?
    5. Would it be possible to add the 'find all players' change to the patcher as well?
    6. Is the competition renaming patch included in this?
    1. Yes, I believe it works in the same way as Saturn's values - but obviously with this you can set the multiplier to whatever you want. The code to do it was based on Tapani's and can work on both a Tapani exe and a raw 3.9.68 one. (There's a python version of the code in this forum I posted earlier)
    2. No, that is a Tapani only Regen "fix" (as that modifies the way he changed the code). If you hold your mouse over the checkbox you should see a tooltip to pop up to describe these specific fixes. These fixes ensure regens only go to teams <45 players and fixes that small nations got regens who were older
    3. Yes, that's what xeno posted (works well)
    4. Yes, it's the EEC hack that makes all nations part of the EEC, I find the work permit stuff just an annoyance, so I always apply this kind of patch to my games
    5. Good idea will add to the next release
    6. No I haven't done any competition renaming as i didn't know if I should update the data files too. Haven't investigated that side at all yet. I'll take a look.

If you turn off the Start Year changer checkbox then I can't see why these patches couldn't be applied to Tapani or Saturn patched exe files.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

vCash
    @MadScientist
    I suggest under each patch name could have an explanation about what the patch does or a link to the respective forum post that describes the patch
    I added tooltips (hover the mouse over popups) for the Regen Fixes checkbox. Maybe I should add that to all of them if I'm not feeling lazy
    Would you agree to put the source code into a colaborative site like github?
    Do with the source code whatever you'd like I am going to just run with my version for now and update locally - but maybe down the line I'll throw it on github or you can fork it how you see fit
    Some patches that could be included in the main screen of this tool are the ones made by Saturn, because Saturn always share a link to the .patches collection that he uses to create his whole patches, for those who want to apply them on different .exes or databases. So this tool could help applying some of saturn changes into a game that uses original databasa.
    Absolutely, also, you can use the Patch Applier in the tools section to manually add specific .patch files from Saturn's pack if you just want to do it manually.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

vCash
    @Mark:
    First thing I've noticed is that adjusting the start year doesn't also adjust the future transfers in the player_config file. So I've taken over Real Madrid for example and all the future transfers that have been put in for the reserve players have fallen through when they're usually set up across the first few seasons of the game. It also forced Real Madrid to spend 16m on Rodrygo who was then released after a day because his contract actually expired
    D'oh! So that's my no 1 priority - wasn't aware of that. Will look into what I need to change (No idea at this stage!)

@Bogroleum:
    Did you try and change the year with my patcher after running Tapani on it? That would cause issues - but otherwise it should have been ok...

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

vCash
    So I loaded a save game and here's a couple observations.

1. I get a couple of errors when the loading is at 'Initializing leagues'. They are v3.9.68 match_eng..cpp 652 and v3.9.68 match_eng..cpp 612. Both appear three times each. but they can be clicked through. I get both of these errors many times during holidaying too. After a couple of days the game freezes and crashes.
    Spoiler!

2. I applied the EEC hack, but a couple of players show the 'WPM' icon and can't be selected for the squad. There's also blue boxes without anything in them next to some players.
    Spoiler!

3. Like Mark already stated the pre-arranged transfers take place right away with some players joining right away, but others fail because of the work permit. It appears to be random and not based on nationality, because some English players get denied while other English players get a work permit.
    Spoiler!

4. The date of the game is correct (I started in 2018), but the history is still stuck at 2001
    Spoiler!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick+Co View Post
    2. No, that is a Tapani only Regen "fix" (as that modifies the way he changed the code). If you hold your mouse over the checkbox you should see a tooltip to pop up to describe these specific fixes. These fixes ensure regens only go to teams <45 players and fixes that small nations got regens who were older
    Hi,

New patch is below, also this time it works for the clubs with B-teams:
    Regens will not promote if club squad is equal or more than 45 to keep AI squads free for other transfers.
    This will avoid clubs full of youngsters and will allow to make transfer more if clubs need

007AD1BD --> CMP BL,2D
    007A6F40 CMP EAX,32
    007A6F45 CMP EAX,32
    007A6F48 JNE SHORT 007A6F5F

Old patch we can cancel as clubs have to release if club gets youth promotion and player qty is more than 45 :
    007A6F40 |. 83F8 2D |CMP EAX,2D
    007A6F45 |> 83F8 2D CMP EAX,2D
    007A6F48 |. 7C 15 JL SHORT 007A6F5F

34. The Following User Says Thank You to xeno For This Useful Post:

vCash
    And , also for who wants to use ODB, below patch is an youngster improvement.

https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...280#post403280

Youths will promote in all clubs whose reputation is bigger than 2 over 20. Does not matter if club has a divison or not, nation is selected or not.
    As you know , in ODB, such as Romanian, Bulgarian , Uruguay, etc. regens are created as free transfers. With this offset modification, some of them will be created in clubs in their nations.

007AD088 --> JNZ SHORT 007AD08A
    007AD08F --> JE SHORT 007AD091

36. The Following User Says Thank You to xeno For This Useful Post:

vCash
    @GFRay:
    The initialising leagues error is a bad one. That shouldn't happen. Can you tell me exactly what leagues you used, what data update you used and what year you selected? And did you definitely have a fresh install, not one that had had tapani applied or my patch run on it twice? I can select all leagues and 2018 using latest update and not get those.
    Can't think how the EEC patch isn't working - it's pretty simple. Will check.
    Pre-arranged transfers/loans I am currently fixing just making player_setup.cfg change code now...
    History I will fix later...

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast