Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: My CM0102Patcher

vCash
    i have done a fresh install, compatability settings and the game just crashes when loading into a new game. i cant start a save

im running the march 2019 update on this,

the steps i did this are... Install, Data, Patch...is this the correct way?

vCash
    When you say "you can't start a save" - are you starting a new game or are you trying to load a saved game? (you need to start a new game)
    When does it crash? And what does it say when it crashes.
    The write install steps are as they are written on the first page of this thread.
    i.e.
    1. Install a fresh CM0102 from the ISO
    2. Apply the 3.9.68 patch
    3. Copy over any updated Data Updates
    4. Use the CM0102 Patcher to configure the exe how you like
    (EDIT: And remember, if using the March 2019 update, set the start year to 2018 or set to 2019 and apply the one byte patch I wrote about on the previous page)

vCash
    I am just very curious and looked around on champman forum. Couldn't find the answer yet.

How do you run this whole thing, a .cs file, and get here https://i.imgur.com/kdBZZ4m.png ?

vCash
    Vincuuu: follow the link to the releases on the first page of this thread and you'll find a link to the latest zip file that has a single .exe file you run. The .cs files are the source files that only interested programmers would need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick+Co View Post
    Vincuuu: follow the link to the releases on the first page of this thread and you'll find a link to the latest zip file that has a single .exe file you run. The .cs files are the source files that only interested programmers would need.
    Is it an idea to start a new thread with a clear explanation? It's 16 pages now and that makes things confusing.

vCash
    Thank you Nick! For other users I'll include the link to the exe file down below:

https://github.com/nckstwrt/CM0102Pa...atcherV115.zip

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjon View Post
    i have done a fresh install, compatability settings and the game just crashes when loading into a new game. i cant start a save

im running the march 2019 update on this,

the steps i did this are... Install, Data, Patch...is this the correct way?
    patch before data

vCash
    ironzy: Install, Patch to 3.9.68, Copy New Data, Run my patcher is the order.
    samsami: Starting a new thread would just turn into a copy of this one. But I will make it more obvious on the first page where the download is

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Nick - no idea if this has anything to do with your patch (my game is with your patch) but why the feck are Argentina not host nation?!

vCash
    Hey Nick, I'm using your latest patch and I'm in 2032, the AI in the game after a while changes the tactics a lot, for example AI managers with the 4-5-1 formation in a couple of years start playing in 4-3-3, Sweeper, 3-4-3, 4-4-2 or 5-3-2 even, is there a way you could use your patch to stop this from happening? Thank you.

vCash
    When you say "you can't start a save" - are you starting a new game or are you trying to load a saved game? (you need to start a new game)
    When does it crash? And what does it say when it crashes.
    The write install steps are as they are written on the first page of this thread.
    i.e.
    1. Install a fresh CM0102 from the ISO
    2. Apply the 3.9.68 patch
    3. Copy over any updated Data Updates
    4. Use the CM0102 Patcher to configure the exe how you like
    (EDIT: And remember, if using the March 2019 update, set the start year to 2018 or set to 2019 and apply the one byte patch I wrote about on the previous page)

Hi Nick, newbie here, so forgive me. How do I apply the one byte patch after saving it as text file? I tried selecting it using the 'Apply patch file' option under tools, but did not have the option to select the text file.

vCash
    @Noel: In the open file bit you can select the file types to look for in the bottom right - from patch files to text files. Or you can just rename the file to .patch file.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hello Nick, i want to install Chinese League on my game. I install cm 01/02 with cd, apply 3.68 patch, download and unzip v+7, march 2019 update and an exe. The game runs without problems, but how can i have chinese league on it, please? Thank you

vCash
    Why did you take the 'Find All Players' off the options?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tafu87 View Post
    Hello Nick, i want to install Chinese League on my game. I install cm 01/02 with cd, apply 3.68 patch, download and unzip v+7, march 2019 update and an exe. The game runs without problems, but how can i have chinese league on it, please? Thank you
    Very easy, you meet the requirements, so you just need to follow these steps:

Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    Download: China.zip

Instructions:
    1. Delete the Data folder in your Championship Manager folder.
    2. Unzip China.zip and move the Data folder from that into your Championship Manager folder.
    3. Using Nick's patcher, apply China.patch to your +v7 exe and play.
    Note: to do the step 3, use the Tools->Apply Patchfile option from Nick's patcher.

vCash
    eddieC: Because, when combined with "Force load all players", it can cause crashing when people try and search for all the players. So, thought best to remove it.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

vCash
    FYI - Minor release patch - v1.17
    https://github.com/nckstwrt/CM0102Patcher

So, my currency inflation patch was very slightly broken, but you probably never noticed as it works fine on Windows. But not when emulated. This fixes it.

Boring programming info you probably don't care about:
    Tapani's patch starts off with assembly:
    Code:
    006022F4  FF7424 04     PUSH DWORD PTR SS:[ARG.1]
    Now that is just really:
    Code:
    PUSH DWORD PTR SS:[ESP+4]
    So that's what I type into Ollydbg to make my patch at:
    Code:
    00966A00  FF74E4 04     PUSH DWORD PTR SS:[ESP+4]
    It uses E4 instead of 24 to make what I thought was the same assembly. Generally works, but isn't quite the same thing. This version patches it properly the Tapani way.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks dude.. well I've chosen the 'load all players' option, then using OllyDB i changed the offsets to search for all players.. so far so good, 1 season in mind you though, so we'll see.

Firstly, thanks for this tool and the work you've put into bringing this altogether.

Secondly, just a suggestion I would personally like to see in any future versions and a few questions about the patch, if you have time to answer them? (I've searched through this thread and didn't noticed these specific things addressed.)

1: Rather than only giving the option to change to 1280 x 800, could you ALSO have an option to resize to 1366 x 768 as well please?

2: I'm noticing newly generated players within the game almost always, regardless of the Position they play, seem to have an 'Intrinsic' value between 1 - 10 for the 'One-on-One' Attribute when I check them on GK Editor.... Why is this? Is there anything I can apply using your patch that can correct this? I did apply the Tapani Regen code, is that what effected this?

3: What will happen if I apply ALL of the Saturn patches you included? How are they meant to be used sensibly? Is it best to pick and choose which ones you want individually, or are some of them supposed to be applied in clusters? If you could just explain this a little bit please.

If I think of any more things to ask, I'll visit back here.

Thanks again for all your work.
    Last edited by eddieC; 18-08-19 at 08:57 PM.

vCash
    eddie:
    1. I've been thinking of looking into that. I want to see how far I can take it (including 1920x1080). When I get chance I'll take a look.
    2. Not sure - Tapani's regen code is a bit of black magic. So, yes, probably due to that.
    3. I think the pop up box explains it well enough. i.e. If you don't know what you're doing - don't use them. It's there to make life a bit easier and as a mechanism for me to add any patch in an "expert" sort of mode. I added the 3.9.60 patches I did in there. Might add some CM 00/01 patches there too. Therefore, I should rename it from "Saturn" patch. I'll add the "search all players" patch in there too so you don't have to manually add it for those that want it. It will just be tucked away in the big list.

vCash
    1. I've been thinking of looking into that. I want to see how far I can take it (including 1920x1080). When I get chance I'll take a look.
    That would be cool and there is enough of a demand for it too I think.

2. Not sure - Tapani's regen code is a bit of black magic. So, yes, probably due to that.
    I'll not apply in future new starts then to check and see if that is the case

3. I think the pop up box explains it well enough.
    Oh yeah, that was something I wanted to suggest, could you please have a text file also added to the download that will state what the pop up boxes are saying too? I find them hard to read as the text is so small and doesn't last for long at all when they do pop up. Thanks

i.e. If you don't know what you're doing - don't use them. It's there to make life a bit easier and as a mechanism for me to add any patch in an "expert" sort of mode. I added the 3.9.60 patches I did in there. Might add some CM 00/01 patches there too. Therefore, I should rename it from "Saturn" patch. I'll add the "search all players" patch in there too so you don't have to manually add it for those that want it. It will just be tucked away in the big list.
    I understand what you are saying, I just wanted to know if they were meant to be applied individually or as a cluster? If I was to apply them at all... I have no problem making mistakes and then having to do an uninstall... no big deal for me. I just wanted to know how they should be applied if one was to have a go at it?

vCash
    FYI - Minor release patch - v1.17
    https://github.com/nckstwrt/CM0102Patcher

So, my currency inflation patch was very slightly broken, but you probably never noticed as it works fine on Windows. But not when emulated. This fixes it.

Boring programming info you probably don't care about:
    Tapani's patch starts off with assembly:
    Code:
    006022F4  FF7424 04     PUSH DWORD PTR SS:[ARG.1]
    Now that is just really:
    Code:
    PUSH DWORD PTR SS:[ESP+4]
    So that's what I type into Ollydbg to make my patch at:
    Code:
    00966A00  FF74E4 04     PUSH DWORD PTR SS:[ESP+4]
    It uses E4 instead of 24 to make what I thought was the same assembly. Generally works, but isn't quite the same thing. This version patches it properly the Tapani way.
    Hi, works great, you know the patch you made for 93-94 for CAM. That too crashes when emulated.

vCash
    Hey Mr.Foo: Which version are use seeing crashes on? Should say when you load it up in the top left box (i.e. 3.81v7 or similar). If it's less than v7, redownload it - later versions emulate fine for me. If not, let me know where you're crashing.

vCash
    Not sure what emulated means but 93 works perfectly for me.

vCash
    Hey Mr.Foo: Which version are use seeing crashes on? Should say when you load it up in the top left box (i.e. 3.81v7 or similar). If it's less than v7, redownload it - later versions emulate fine for me. If not, let me know where you're crashing.
    Your right, it works fine now, Nick your a legend.

vCash
    If you can add option,like League Swap that Saturn describes in his few posts,this could be the all time greatest tool...