Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: My CM0102Patcher

vCash
    NicolaIta - which version are you using? That won't happen if you are using the latest

vCash
    Thanks

v1.24

Bye

EDIT: I retry to set 2017 and it's work. With 2001 doesn't work but is not a problem. I start in 2017. Thanks again

EDIT: EDIT: World cup error in December 2017, for now its work the same.
    Last edited by NicolaIta; 24-03-20 at 11:35 AM.

vCash
    The option to change the start year is greyed out for me. I presume this is because I've applied tapani patch despite not using it to change the date?

Is there a way around it so that I can use v1.24 to now change the start date? Cheers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBruce View Post
    I just wanted to ask please, the issue I have briefly read regarding having to choose between goals drying up after X amount of seasons with new player physical attributes normal, or goals normal and new player physical attributes with issues.
    Has this been resolved with your patch Nick or is it still an outstanding problem?
    In the unpatched game (.60 and .68), the goals dry up after several seasons (compared to the ammount of goals in the first seasons). Some people like it (as it looks more realistic to them), some people dont like it (as it looks less realistic to them). Anyway two main things seem to cause it:

1. Overall, the intrinsic values of positioning in DC regens are much greater than in existing database players. So, DCs regens are much better than database DCs.
    2. There is a major bug in the creativity attribute in the match engine, where the reflexes value is used where the creativity value should be used, what causes a major lack of creativity during matches. You can't score goals in high positioning regen DCs if you have near zero creativity. This problem is even worse in regens because there are a lot of regens with high intrinsic for creativity, so lots of intrinsic points are wasted in an useless attribute while their intrinsics for the other important attributes are low.

There are a few things you can do to stop goals from drying up:

• a. Existing database players could be adjusted to have higher intrinsic value for positioning (by lowering their non important atts in the editor), so there wouldnt be a dry up in goals (as the goals would already start very dryied up in the first seasons, if thats how you prefer? Its a matter of opinion, if you dont like this solution and prefer more goals instead then you can try the solutions below).
    • b. You can apply the fix to the creativity bug (which is included in misc patches section of Nick's patcher and causes the creativity value to be properly used by the match engine instead of using reflexes for it). It definitelly should help more goals to occurr several seasons later in the game (as MCs and AMs regens are usually born with very high intrinsic for creativity). If you dont like this solution or if this isn't enough for you, then you can try the solutions below.
    • c. You can use tapani patch, which causes the regens to be born with lower positioning and consequently the goals won't dry up. But some people don't like the atributes distribution in tapani patch (physical and non physical), some people like it, anyway its just a matter of opinion, but that definitelly prevents goals from drying up.
    • d. You can use saturn patch, which includes tapani patch positioning fix and gives an additional boost to the physical attributes (also a matter of opinion if the physical attributes distribution is better or not), but that definitelly prevents goals from drying up.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 25-03-20 at 11:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    1. Overall, the intrinsic values of positioning in DC regens are much greater than in existing database players. So, DCs regens are much better than database DCs.
    This extends to nearly all outfield players.

Player development of top level regens tapers off too. Messi's and Ronaldo's regen's for instance, might well be superstars but they could be into 30's before joining a big club

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    In the unpatched game (.60 and .68), the goals dry up after several seasons (compared to the ammount of goals in the first seasons). Some people like it (as it looks more realistic to them), some people dont like it (as it looks less realistic to them). Anyway two main things seem to cause it:

2. There is a major bug in the creativity attribute in the match engine, where the reflexes value is used where the creativity value should be used, what causes a major lack of creativity during matches. You can't score goals in high positioning regen DCs if you have near zero creativity. This problem is even worse in regens because there are a lot of regens with high intrinsic for creativity, so lots of intrinsic points are wasted in an useless attribute while their intrinsics for the other important attributes are low.

There are a few things you can do to stop goals from drying up:

• a. Existing database players could be adjusted to have higher intrinsic value for positioning (by lowering their non important atts in the editor), so there wouldnt be a dry up in goals (as the goals would already start very dryied up in the first seasons, if thats how you prefer? Its a matter of opinion, if you dont like this solution and prefer more goals instead then you can try the solutions below).
    • b. You can apply the fix to the creativity bug (which is included in misc patches section of Nick's patcher and causes the creativity value to be properly used by the match engine instead of using reflexes for it). It definitelly should help more goals to occurr several seasons later in the game (as MCs and AMs regens are usually born with very high intrinsic for creativity). If you dont like this solution or if this isn't enough for you, then you can try the solutions below.
    • c. You can use tapani patch, which causes the regens to be born with lower positioning and consequently the goals won't dry up. But some people don't like the atributes distribution in tapani patch (physical and non physical), some people like it, anyway its just a matter of opinion, but that definitelly prevents goals from drying up.
    • d. You can use saturn patch, which includes tapani patch positioning fix and gives an additional boost to the physical attributes (also a matter of opinion if the physical attributes distribution is better or not), but that definitelly prevents goals from drying up.
    I have the exact same issue on champ man. I like the original regens, but i also don't want goals drying up. I don't like Tapani's regens or any of the patches as too many offsets have been played about with and i want the game as close to vanilla as possible using Nick's patcher.

A question for you MadScientist; in tapani's 2.18 patch he wrote: *** Further tuning of regens positioning, anticipation, and decision values (slightly lowered) ***

Would you know how to lower these values to the vanilla regens to help stop the issue of goals drying up in the future or is this beyond your capabilities?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    A question for you MadScientist; in tapani's 2.18 patch he wrote: *** Further tuning of regens positioning, anticipation, and decision values (slightly lowered) ***

Would you know how to lower these values to the vanilla regens to help stop the issue of goals drying up in the future or is this beyond your capabilities?
    Let me see if I understand, you want a vanilla exe with that regen change from 2.18 tapani applied to it only?

If 2.18 patch is still available to download and the previous version too, then we can compare both exes with flex and it will show the offsets that have been changed by tapani for that fix, so its probably doable.

vCash
    Let me see if I understand, you want a vanilla exe with that regen change from 2.18 tapani applied to it only?

If 2.18 patch is still available to download and the previous version too, then we can compare both exes with flex and it will show the offsets that have been changed by tapani for that fix, so its probably doable.
    Well ideally yes, but wording of ‘further changes’ means that he was making tweaks to regens from after 2.16, and I do wonder if he toyed with some other stuff along the way. Easier for you to spot I’m sure!

I basically want vanilla regens with tuned down positioning. That’s it really! Sounds simple but most certainly isn’t!

vCash
    Saturn has a good thread on here somewhere (EDIT: it is here https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...885#post220885) that shows that it's not just positioning that's the issue.

2.18 is not the solution, although we can tweak the logic easy enough (as my patcher already applies the 2.21 regen logic - so easy enough to find).

But regen code is a balancing act - and you can't just do a simple tweak and have it work better. I tried.

I might make a tool that you can run on a saved game that lets you tweak all player's stats by a percentage. So you could use default regens, but if the goals dry up, run the tool and then continue playing? What do you think?
    Last edited by Nick+Co; 27-03-20 at 05:45 PM.

vCash
    It’s an interesting idea for sure that I’d love to have a play around with.

vCash
    Written some code I've been meaning do for a while (to replace my Save Reading code). So now I can have:
    Code:
                SaveReader2 sr2 = new SaveReader2();
                sr2.Load(@"Input.sav");
                var players = sr2.BlockToObjects<TPlayer>("player.dat");

foreach (var player in players)
                    player.Positioning = -126;    // Make everyone's positioning ability cr*p

sr2.ObjectsToBlock("player.dat", players);
                sr2.Write(@"output.sav", true);
    This can read in a compressed or uncompressed save - load all the players, modify the stats, then save it out as a compressed (or uncompressed) save.
    It also means I can add new players, which is the piece I've wanted to do for a while - I wanted a tool to be able to sprinkle some old style "magic" into a save and hide in Cherno Samba, Maxim, etc into a save under different names, to give people something to look out for while playing

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nick, when your patcher applies a .patch file, how is that patch file generated and what information is contained inside? I'm trying to work out a way to create relegation between the Welsh Premier and the Welsh Lower Division and was just going to tweak some copied code but not sure what to do beyond that.

vCash
    @faz: as per the first post on this thread
    It also has a tools section with things like a patch applier that can apply .patch files from things like Flex 2 or patch files made with "fc /b cm0102_original.exe cm0102_patched.exe > newpatch.patch"
    .patch files are just text files with offsets and hex values - open one up in notepad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick+Co View Post
    @faz: as per the first post on this thread

.patch files are just text files with offsets and hex values - open one up in notepad.
    I think I'm better off just making the changes by hand sadly.

vCash
    So, made my Save Game Changer, but before I release, let me know if you want any tweaks. This has two functions:

1) Reduce stats that have been affect by the regen code after many years of play (namely Positioning getting too high causing goals to dry up in later years). Right now the code is super basic and does the following to all players stats:
    Decrease Anticipation, Creativity, Decisions, Influence, Positioning, Consistency, Throw-Ins and Versatility by 15%
    Increase Reflexes, Technique and Ambition by 15%
    This is a very crude way of trying to correct your save to have more normal players and games. Has anyone got any suggestions/tweaks they'd like to see to this logic?

2) You can also choose to add in some old CM0102 players who will replace existing lesser known players in the game (and assume their names, so you don't know who they are). The players I'm adding are:
    Maxim Tsigalko
    Cherno Samba
    Anastasios Skalidis
    Alexandros Papadopoulos
    Fernando José Torres
    Mike Duff
    Mark Kerr
    Hugo Pinheiro
    Franco Costanzo
    Dionisis Chiotis
    Taribo West
    Kim Källström
    Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
    Nhlanhla Shabalala
    Ibrahim Said
    David Prutton

If there are any others you think I should really add from the original game, due to their legacy, let me know - I don't want to add just everyone from: https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=631 - just those true legends.

Let me know your thoughts and I will release a new version with those changes.
    Last edited by Nick+Co; Today at 12:14 PM.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425