Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: My CM0102Patcher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick+Co View Post
    I don't know I'm afraid - I'll have a dig around, but not sure I'll find it. But things like that are the reason that I made this patcher - so it only includes the parts that I/we want modified. So my question back would be, what would you need to see in this patcher not to use Tapani's patcher and use this instead? As my patcher won't have in that fix for Positioning for regens.
    So you're saying that fix from Tapani's patches isn't in your patches? Well that solves my whole problem and I'll start using your patch immidiately
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

vCash
    It only contains things you can turn off and on. So if there's no option for it, then it's not there

vCash
    This is great! I guess with the interface you use it would be very much an "all-or-nothing"... but what about rather than just the seven subs in Italy and England, to apply all new sub values (where known). The same could be done for foreign restrictions and prize money. I guess this would need to be an on/off checkbox, but would imagine people would either be wanting to play by 01/02 rules, or current rules, so I don't see it causing too much upset.

One thing featured in the Tapani patches is the "Detect" button. If you could implement this it would be handy too
    Last edited by Alan; 17-03-19 at 09:35 PM.

vCash
    Does this have the renaming of competitions in it at all mate?

Is it compatible with network games without crashes?

And

Finally, will you be able to use this with the NEW March, 2019 update that's meant to be out tonight and start in the correct year (2018) without any issues?

Kind regards and thank you,

Matt

vCash
    Fantastic job Nick! And very cool to see the project in github now

vCash
    No, does not do comp renaming currently (only selectable items shown in the UI get changed - so if you can't turn it on/off then it doesn't happen)

Not tried Network games but can see no reason why it wouldn't be. Please let me know if you do hit issues though.

Should work fine with year changing to 2018 - lots of folk have tried it, including myself, without issue.

vCash
    Nick, would it be possible to add this patch from saturn in your patcher: https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...821#post408821.

It's the comp. renaming patch Tierney spoke about.

vCash
    Thank you very much Nick, top work mate!

vCash
    Thanks for the reply Nick.

Yeah as Ray said, the renaming patch would be a fantastic addition.

Am I right in thinking that the issue with Regens (Ray mentioned) where games get ridicolously frequent in low scoring is not included in this? Could that possibly be included in this?

Many thanks,

Matt

vCash
    Am I right in thinking that the issue with Regens (Ray mentioned) where games get ridicolously frequent in low scoring is not included in this? Could that possibly be included in this?
    As far as I know, this is not included as I think this is due to Tapani's larger regen code change which is not included. It could be included, but I'd have to work out which code it was and I must admit I have no motivation for that currently as I prefer having this patcher do little tweaks rather than fundamental changes. But if enough people want it I will look intio it

GFRay: Thanks for that link! Saturn is so good/nice at packaging things up like that in such a neat manner. The guy's a legend. I'd have to look at how I can apply those changes dynamically to the files (so it could be applied to any/all updates). Not sure how complicated that is - but will look into it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierney-LFC-1990 View Post
    Thanks for the reply Nick.

Yeah as Ray said, the renaming patch would be a fantastic addition.

Many thanks,

Matt
    As far as I know, this is not included as I think this is due to Tapani's larger regen code change which is not included. It could be included, but I'd have to work out which code it was and I must admit I have no motivation for that currently as I prefer having this patcher do little tweaks rather than fundamental changes. But if enough people want it I will look intio it

GFRay: Thanks for that link! Saturn is so good/nice at packaging things up like that in such a neat manner. The guy's a legend. I'd have to look at how I can apply those changes dynamically to the files (so it could be applied to any/all updates). Not sure how complicated that is - but will look into it.
    Thanks mate :-)

I for one, would definitely love for it to be included, if you could do it. But obviously would be up to you.

Fantastic work though, this is immense!

vCash

It would be good if you could include it, its a game breaker for many of us.

Thanks mate

vCash
    There could be a lot of interest for that regen code as an on/off switch.

People that play only short save (like me) would prefer not to have it while people that play long term saves need it to avoid the goals drying up. But it's your call ofc as it will probably be a hard thing to find.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    There could be a lot of interest for that regen code as an on/off switch.

People that play only short save (like me) would prefer not to have it while people that play long term saves need it to avoid the goals drying up. But it's your call ofc as it will probably be a hard thing to find.
    I'm happy to have a hunt in my spare time unless Nick beats me to it

vCash
    With the competition renaming patch, fixed transfer window option & Regen code fix (to stop goals drying up), I think you'll then have the ultimate patch here....

vCash
    I echo what others have said. I want to play the game in its original form, but I canít stand it when the goals start drying up. Iíd happily donate to anybody who can come up with a solution!

vCash
    I'm sure Tapani/JohnLocke/saturn will have shared their code throughout the patch/programming forum.

I've always thought the ultimate patch would have the ability to allow users to turn on/off features as they choose. It certainly would be great to have that within this patch but appreciate it may be a big ask in some cases.

vCash
    Nick, I've got a request.

As you might know Tapani rewrote the code for regens so they wouldn't spawn with extremely high values for Positioning. This was to avoid the drying up of goals after 10+ years which happens on the ODB.

My question. Do you know where this code is and can you disable it?

Reason I'm asking is that I never play saves longer than 5 years so I hardly see any regens. And the piece of code Tapani wrote also has as negative effect that physical attributes hardly ever increase. So I much rather play without this in my saves.

Cheers mate!
    Tapani explained to xeno how to disable the new regen code in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by xeno View Post
    So, I asked Tapani's offsets about new regen. His answer to me is below:

The easiest way to disable the new regen code is probably to remove the call to the new code.
    Without digging too deep into CM, the new call is added by the following snippet in the patcher.
    The format is { file_offset, old_byte, new_byte }
    Code:
    /* add a call to the new regen code */
    {0x003acfa0, 0x56, 0xe8},
    {0x003acfa1, 0xe8, 0x5b},
    {0x003acfa2, 0x1a, 0x57},
    {0x003acfa3, 0xbc, 0xe5},
    {0x003acfa4, 0xd8, 0xff},
    {0x003acfa5, 0xff, 0x56},
    {0x003acfa6, 0x83, 0xe8},
    {0x003acfa7, 0xc4, 0x15},
    {0x003acfa8, 0x08, 0xbc},
    {0x003acfa9, 0x5e, 0xd8},
    {0x003acfaa, 0x83, 0xff},
    {0x003acfab, 0xc4, 0x83},
    {0x003acfac, 0x08, 0xc4},
    {0x003acfad, 0xc2, 0x08},
    {0x003acfae, 0x04, 0xeb},
    {0x003acfaf, 0x00, 0x04},
    {0x003acfb2, 0x5e, 0x88},
    {0x003acfb3, 0x88, 0x01},
    {0x003acfb4, 0x01, 0x5e},
    So maybe a simple exchange between the second and third columns above would be enough to disable it
    Last edited by MadScientist; 20-03-19 at 09:44 PM.

vCash
    You need the new regen code or the goals will dry up, that's 90% of it purpose

I think what Coys is referring to is the slower player development. Not sure if Tapani ever posted how to make that change. I know he refused to change it in his patches though

vCash
    So, I exchanged the second and third columns above, and this is the result in the syntax of a .patch file:

Code:
    0x3acfa0 0xe8 0x56
    0x3acfa1 0x5b 0xe8
    0x3acfa2 0x57 0x1a
    0x3acfa3 0xe5 0xbc
    0x3acfa4 0xff 0xd8 
    0x3acfa5 0x56 0xff 
    0x3acfa6 0xe8 0x83 
    0x3acfa7 0x15 0xc4
    0x3acfa8 0xbc 0x8
    0x3acfa9 0xd8 0x5e
    0x3acfaa 0xff 0x83
    0x3acfab 0x83 0xc4
    0x3acfac 0xc4 0x8
    0x3acfad 0x8 0xc2
    0x3acfae 0xeb 0x4
    0x3acfaf 0x4 0x0
    0x3acfb2 0x88 0x5e
    0x3acfb3 0x1 0x88
    0x3acfb4 0x5e 0x1
    That should disable the regens changes from tapani patch.

Anyone interested in testing that, simply paste this code into notepad and save it as DisableTapaniRegens.patch (be careful to dont save as .patch.txt), then open Nick's tool, click Tools -> Apply patchfile, and apply your .patch file into a tapani 2.21 patched .exe.

Maybe that would even be compatible to try in a saturn patched exe too.

NOTE: That may not fix the physical attributes bug because it may not be caused by the new regen code from tapani
    Last edited by MadScientist; 20-03-19 at 10:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Yes, I agree, but some guys want to have a patch to disable it because they don't play games longer than 5 years and they say it causes a problem with physical attributes of non-regens.

I think what Coys is referring to is the slower player development. Not sure if Tapani ever posted how to make that change. I know he refused to change it in his patches though
    Yes, Coys asked a different thing than the other guys. He wants to play long games. My patch above refers to what the other guys were asking, only to who play short games, it doesn't solves what Coys asked.

But, you made a nice point, perhaps its the slower player development code from tapani what is causing the physical attributes bug, and not the new regen code from tapani that the guys were blaming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Yes, I agree, but some guys want to have a patch to disable it because they don't play games longer than 5 years and they say it causes a problem with physical attributes of non-regens.
    THIS is exactly what I (and some with me) are looking for. I've not gone over 5 years on any save ever so I'd rather don't have the regen code as it also affects the growth of phyiscal attributes in non-regen players.

vCash
    THIS is exactly what I (and some with me) are looking for. I've not gone over 5 years on any save ever so I'd rather don't have the regen code as it also affects the growth of phyiscal attributes in non-regen players.
    Try the patch which i posted above, i posted instructions, hopefully that will work out of the box.

But keep in mind: maybe its not the new regen code from tapani what causes this physical bug, maybe it is the slower player development code from tapani what causes it.

vCash
    It's not the regen code doing that though. It's a completely different code as far as I know. Patches back as far as 2.17 have slower player development where as the regen code doesn't appear until 2.20. In time terms they are about 6 years apart

vCash
    The physical bug is evident from the start of a game. I can't see how it's possibly related to regens at all.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast