Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 46525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1414

Thread: My CM0102Patcher

vCash
    Few questions/requests:

1) Is it possible to make history counting only league goals? (as it was made in futher FM games)

2) Nick, the thing you did with currency (inflation i mean) - is it possible to make such thing just to player's value? (004D0C60 function starts). I mean raise only player's values, but leave all other things like wages, prize money etc - same.

And can you explain your inlation code

Code:
    00966A00  PUSH DWORD PTR SS:[ESP+4]
    00966A04   PUSH cm0102_1.00966A14
    00966A09   PUSH EBP
    00966A0A   MOV EBP,ESP
    00966A0C    AND ESP,FFFFFFF8
    PUSH DWORD PTR SS:[ESP+4] -------> why did you use "esp+4"?
    Last edited by Savchenko; 26-06-20 at 01:01 PM.

vCash
    @Sav:
    1) Anything is possible - and I imagine that's a relatively small change - but I'm not interested in doing that one
    2) Not easily, and not using the same method - as that is hooking all values (and you can't know if it is for a player's value or otherwise). ESP+4 means the first argument "PUSH"'d to the function. It's exactly the same as when you see PUSH DWORD PTR SS:[ARG.1] in Olly.

vCash
    got it, thanks for reply

vCash
    Nick my previous post wasnt posted (dont know why)

i asked about year change and Scotland, France

You can start leagues in 1998/9/0 but after season update - game crushes

Does it mean that somewhere in the code there is an offset with year (e.g 2000) and if we change it to 5000 e.g, then game will never crush, because leagues will never be restructed?

vCash
    Nick, not sure if this would be of any use to you.

cup.cpp 1187

You mentioned recently in the 94/94 thread that this error was harmless. This was also mentioned a long time ago by JohnLocke (along with instructions on how to suppress the error by NOPing).

I have been testing a database recenbtly and this error croipped up. Investigating, I found that a club had been entered twice into the Italian Cup Group phase. They had won both of the groups they were enetered into, and therefore were present twice in the first knockout phase. The error first appearaed at the point of the draw for the second knockout phase (the team in question had lost both of their first knockout games, but still managed to make it into the draw for the next round... twice!). Unsurprisingly, this caused matched not to be played, and there was the futher error cup.cpp 1278.

Worth noting that I loaded a new game a couple of times, and on each occasion the same club was entered into the Group phase twice.

I fixed up all of the Italian clubs' previous Division finishing positions in the pre-game editor, and there were no further issues.

My hunch is that, while both JL and yourself have said that the error did not cause problems, perhaps this is because in the games you have witnessed this error, the problematic team has successfully been eliminated from the competition, so it have eventually progressed as normal. On the other hand, this could just be a massive coincidence.

vCash
    @Alan: I think, if JL is like me, when we say it doesn't cause problems - we just mean it doesn't crash and we can't be bothered to work out the cause of it

Many of these errors can be fixed by making the game data is perfect (right previous divisions, nations, etc) - will make note of that to go searching - as it could well be the Italian cup each time throwing 1187.

vCash
    @Savchenko: Scotland was because of the league restructure - my code to fix this is here (as it's fixed in the 93 build):
    https://github.com/nckstwrt/CM0102Pa...hanger.cs#L261
    So I basically put the year to one year before the start year at those offsets listed. Putting them in the future may well work too (I honestly can't remember!)

vCash
    ^^ On the same note, the French league restructure in the summer of 2002, switching from 18 /20 /20 to (I think) 20 /20 /18.

vCash
    Not tested France - but I'm assuming that might not crash (as maybe the code copes with it if it's in 2002 (i.e. after 2001)). Need to run the 1993 build to 2002 with France to see

vCash
    Unfortunately its appeared to be too compicated.

Explore all 80+ player_stats.cpp

found all cosmetic things (buttons, strings, tables).

But couldnt find how stats counts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick+Co View Post
    @OT: I did miss that

So have built in tactic packs that people can opt to replace their tactics with? Or similar?
    I was thinking (if possible) - a tick box that enables/disables the following:

AI to have harder tactics, so a WW pack

AI to have no WW as default at all, (theres a download for this

I feel the 2nd option is best, given you've got the tick for disabling WW ourselves, just a thought mate

vCash
    Super Keepers

So, I've had to learn waaaay too much about the match engine and other pieces (which I'll make into a separate thread one day). But for now, could people try this patch for me:

Code:
    0056D80A: 8E 82
    This should make it less likely to have the super keeper issue. Could people try this out and let me know how it feels regarding "On Target" (under "Match Stats") vs the number of goals you get.

The problem is, tweak this too much and every shot on target goes past the keeper, too much the other way and there's no goals. So this is just a slight tweak, but maybe even this is too much (or too little!)

Let me know how you get on. It's nuts that after pages and pages of notes I've made its basically coming down to one byte (which is tweaking just one floating point number. In this case tweaking it from 71 -> 65 (big change huh? ))

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick+Co View Post
    Super Keepers

So, I've had to learn waaaay too much about the match engine and other pieces (which I'll make into a separate thread one day). But for now, could people try this patch for me:

Code:
    0056D80A: 8E 82
    This should make it less likely to have the super keeper issue. Could people try this out and let me know how it feels regarding "On Target" (under "Match Stats") vs the number of goals you get.

The problem is, tweak this too much and every shot on target goes past the keeper, too much the other way and there's no goals. So this is just a slight tweak, but maybe even this is too much (or too little!)

Let me know how you get on. It's nuts that after pages and pages of notes I've made its basically coming down to one byte (which is tweaking just one floating point number. In this case tweaking it from 71 -> 65 (big change huh? ))
    Great finding Nick.

Could this number be like a percentage of chance of a save? Maybe connected to some other factors such some of the GK attributes and match circunstances? I think I will have a look on this offset too as im curious to know which other factors may be affecting GKs performance.

vCash
    @Mad: Please do! Would love to get another bunch of eyes on it. One thing that helped me was realising that the events (from events_eng.cfg) are referenced in the exe with +8000 (decimal) added to them.

So:
    Code:
    # EVENT_GOAL_ONE
    = 140, 2, 0, 0, 0, 9, 0, 0, 0
    is 140 + 8000 = 8140 which is 0x1FCC. Looking in the code in the match engine (around 006B0000 onwards) for "PUSH 1FCC" will show you where that particular event is getting called.

Also, you'll often find a player reference in ESI. Here take a look at pointer at +69 (which is the staff pointer) and +6D (which is the player object pointer). That's not much detail - but you might see what I mean (so you can jump to the pointer at +6d and then jump to the pointer at +8 there to see the surname and know what player it is

EDIT:
    Forgot to say the two lines where the float is used:
    Code:
    00706D1B  |.  D81D 08D89600             FCOMP DWORD PTR DS:[96D808]              ; FLOAT 71.00000
    and
    00706DEC  |.  D81D 08D89600             FCOMP DWORD PTR DS:[96D808]              ; FLOAT 71.00000
    Last edited by Nick+Co; 28-06-20 at 06:50 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hello!

First off all, thank you for a very good patch. I enjoy it a lot. Today I've tried to download the Lussenhoff database, but I can't make this patch work with the Lussenhoff data. Is it any solution to this problem? (I took a snip of the message, but I get a message saying "it's not a valid image file" when I try to upload it).

vCash
    @Jan: upload to imgur.com/upload and post a link to it here. But also, probably install from scratch, upgrade to 3.9.68, copy data across, then patch with my patcher - and that should work.

vCash

Bug

Could I have found a bug?
    This is from Save Game, 5 seasons into game:
    https://ibb.co/RQrKX8S
    In-game Technique displayed as "Right only". Same as with preferred foot.

I have following patches applied:
    https://ibb.co/jMZj8tQ
    Plus from the Misc Patch list:
    MiscPatches/NicksFitnessPatchV3
    MiscPatches/UnlockYourCreativity
    Saturn v7/GoalkeeperTrainingBoost

vCash
    There definitely is a bug. I used the save scouter and found almost 200 players with
    weird attribute values: technique either 0 or -1, and/or work rate 0.
    0 is displayed 0 ingame, -1 is displayed same way as preferred foot, example: https://ibb.co/vLqt9Bw

All these players seem to be regens (judging by age/random check) and they are all Goalkeepers.

There is no players with such values present at the start of the game (I have a backup save).

vCash
    @terminaator: I have these patches applied to my .exe (except Saturn v7/GoalkeeperTrainingBoost) and here everything is ok.

vCash
    have you checked your save game database? or maybe you just havent stumbled upon such things? 200 players is not exactly a lot.

vCash
    btw the "GK training boost" patch me like. Ive always thought why the GK default schedule is so lightweight. Now GK phisical attributes improve aswell, they did not use to in past.
    While checking through my database, I found: all reviewed players with strong values in Determination have gained 2-3 points in all physical attributes in 5 seasons. Players with lower determination have no changes. What an interesting find! Determination will get lot of attention from me in future.
    The results are similar for both GK and outfield players. Excluding the older, 30+ players ofcourse. Interestingly there does not seem to be much difference between players that started out, let's say, 15 year old and 25 year olds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by terminaator View Post
    have you checked your save game database? or maybe you just havent stumbled upon such things? 200 players is not exactly a lot.
    Yes, I have a save game in 2039 and it works well. I checked the goalkeepers and none of them have this bug.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toguchi View Post
    @terminaator: I have these patches applied to my .exe (except Saturn v7/GoalkeeperTrainingBoost) and here everything is ok.
    Perhaps this is the patch that is causing the problem. I have the GK patch applied, and have just checked my current save (4th season). There are around 20 goalkeepers with -1 Technique according to CMScout. Some (but not all) of these have Right Only showing for their technique value in the game.

And if this patch is the root cause of the problem, the post doesn't belong here. As Nick's patcher says:
    DO NOT ASK FOR SUPPORT ON APPLYING THESE. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN ON THIS!!

vCash
    I take the above back. I did NOT have the Sv7 GK Training patch applied. I have the Misc Patch FixGoalieStatsV3 applied. Apols.
    I've unapplied this patch and currently running a holiday game to see if the issue is still present.

vCash
    great to see Im not alone. But I'll just continue my game. This bug does not seem to have much effect Im perfectly fine being on my own in this, not asking for support, just pointing out a bug So if someones interested, they can look into this.