Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 475354555657585960 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1491

Thread: My CM0102Patcher

vCash
    Thanks for testing Alan! I looked into the GoalkeeperTrainingBoost patch Saturn made and it does look good to me and doesn't look like it should be causing an issue - so if it's that - that'll be strange! My guess would be that it's an oddity with "Tapani Regens" - but will try and take a look too if I can get some time.

vCash
    I think you're right, Nick. I disabled the GK patch and still had the same thing happening. Guess the next step is to disable the Tapani Regen patch. But first I gotta watch the Mighty Ox battering Pompey!"

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

vCash
    Nick,

Quick one.

When using the Restrict Player Tactics and Scouters option.

Is there any way of having a visual representation of that in game.

For example, hypothetically, if someone was running an All Time Records thread and someone claimed a record but it was for Non Wib Wob Only, but they had used WibWob, is there a way we could see if they had just by looking at the screen or is there a way something could be added.

Hope that makes sense.

vCash
    @ebfatz: I like the idea! Will have a think about that one!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Yo Nick, maybe you've answered this before but I couldn't find the answer so quickly.

Could it be possible to make an on/off switch whether you get season ticket income at the start of the first season? On the saturn patches it's turned on by default, but on the 3.68 ODB for example it is not. Would be fun to play around with as some teams could deffo use the money
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

vCash
    Any chance to stop ollydbg 2.1 loading exe?

i mean i open cm0102.exe in it and it begin to load it (exe).

When i open other exes (editor e.g) - it doesnt load.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I think you're right, Nick. I disabled the GK patch and still had the same thing happening. Guess the next step is to disable the Tapani Regen patch. But first I gotta watch the Mighty Ox battering Pompey!"
    Teasted without the Tapani Regen patch and the issue is no longer present.

vCash
    @Alan: Thanks! Now it could be that I didn't copy the Tapani Regen code properly - not sure how - but would be interested to know if this can happen with standard Tapani 2.21

@Sav: I have no idea what you're asking I'm afraid mate - apols.

@GFRay: I changed it recently to work so that it'd work like the original (i.e. the first year you don't get season ticket money):
    The code: https://github.com/nckstwrt/CM0102Pa...Changer.cs#L16
    ^ it's just one offset as written there. Maybe I'll add a Misc patch to turn that off if people want?

vCash
    I saw in your patch, you fix one of the biggest bugs in the game (for me), when no selecting countries team players became tired between february and april, exemple Libertadores cup teams from Chile, Uruguay the players always tired in the tournament, with your patch that doesn't happen.

I want to know what you change to do that.

Thanks.

vCash
    @santar: There's dates in the game where the players slack off and for non-playing leagues its hard-coded (Fiestita's original patch just changed those dates to better values (I think, from memory) - and doesn't affect the south american teams in those cups). The timing works well for some leagues, but it's unnecessary code and fine to turn off. My patch just "jumps" over that code. Not sure what you want to know it's at this code in Ollydbg 00669C97 that I patch if you want to review.

vCash
    The goalkeeper issue is present on Tapani 2.21.1 also.

vCash
    @Alan: You're a hero for testing without me having to! So a minor bug in Tapani's code. Does it happen only for certain attributes or is it showing up for any? If just a handful, like Technique, I could just add something to check the values for Goalkeepers after Tapani's code. Then again, this might not be much of an issue anyway if no one has really noticed it in all the years 2.21 has been out

vCash
    Just checked all attributes via CMScout - it only happens to Technique, and only for goalkeepers. CM Scout shows -1, in game Right Only.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick+Co View Post
    @GFRay: I changed it recently to work so that it'd work like the original (i.e. the first year you don't get season ticket money):
    The code: https://github.com/nckstwrt/CM0102Pa...Changer.cs#L16
    ^ it's just one offset as written there. Maybe I'll add a Misc patch to turn that off if people want?
    That would be great!
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

vCash
    @GFRay: EnableSeasonTicketMoneyOnFirstYear.patch will be in the Misc Patches of the next release, it's just:
    Code:
    0019B581: 72 90
    0019B582: 06 90
    If you need it beforehand.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nick - some of the misc patches, when applied for testing etc... is it the case, that when you go back to the disable them, that it dont work, and you're pretty much needing to start from scratch? I've noticed this with Score Board & See All Finances Patches, where I wanted to see them, then take them off, but it defaults them back on. Not a big issue though, just wondered

vCash
    @Offside: Yes it doesn't reverse them right now (as not all are reversible from the patch file) - and sometimes they change other patches - so hard to know what to revert back to. For now use the Save and Restore functions is the best bet.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Exactly what I'm doing, I can spend ages tinkering about with everything

vCash
    Hey Nick, just a question, in the game when playing with 19 something year kids, they get exhausted in less than 10 games, in real life we see kids doing like 30 games in a season, is it possible to delete that situation from the game? thank you.

vCash
    @Rxx: possibly - but not one I'm that interested in looking into I'm afraid. Although there are some real wonderkids in the world (Mbappe, etc) - 19 year olds, without Natural Fitness + Stamina == 20, should get tired. Anything else just makes the game easier than it already is.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

vCash
    @Mad: Please do! Would love to get another bunch of eyes on it. One thing that helped me was realising that the events (from events_eng.cfg) are referenced in the exe with +8000 (decimal) added to them.

So:
    Code:
    # EVENT_GOAL_ONE
    = 140, 2, 0, 0, 0, 9, 0, 0, 0
    is 140 + 8000 = 8140 which is 0x1FCC. Looking in the code in the match engine (around 006B0000 onwards) for "PUSH 1FCC" will show you where that particular event is getting called.

Also, you'll often find a player reference in ESI. Here take a look at pointer at +69 (which is the staff pointer) and +6D (which is the player object pointer). That's not much detail - but you might see what I mean (so you can jump to the pointer at +6d and then jump to the pointer at +8 there to see the surname and know what player it is

EDIT:
    Forgot to say the two lines where the float is used:
    Code:
    00706D1B  |.  D81D 08D89600             FCOMP DWORD PTR DS:[96D808]              ; FLOAT 71.00000
    and
    00706DEC  |.  D81D 08D89600             FCOMP DWORD PTR DS:[96D808]              ; FLOAT 71.00000
    Great findings again nick, thanks, your findings were very helpful.

I investigated the "71" value you found and I understand now what it means.

I see you mentioned you would post some extra info maybe in a new thread so sorry if this intercepts what you already found, i decided to post my findings here anyway:

When there is a shot, function 702050 is called to decide if it will be a goal or not.

To decide if it will be a goal or not, it calculates a "shot_score" with function 700BD0 and a "goalkeeper_score" with function 700420.

The shot_score depends on the player attributes and on a lot of other factors, like shot type, etc.

Examples (I didnt really check these examples but its probably like this):
    *a penalty has a high shot_score.
    *A long shot has a lower shot_score, but if the player has high in_match value for long shots it will increase the shot_score.
    *When the player is marked it will reduce the shot_score.
    *etc;

The goalkeeper_score depends on the goalkeeper attributes and a lot of other factors. I noticed that the in_match value for handling and agility, and the CA, are some of the attributes being used to calculate the goalkeeper_score.

If I understood, the shot_score and the goalkeeper_score range from 0 to 100 (anyway, the range doesn't really matter).

It then calculates the combined_score with this formula:
    Code:
    combined_score = (100 * shot_score) / (shot_score + goalkeeper_score)
    As you can see, the combined_score will be a value between 0 and 100 (if I understood. Anyway, the range doesnt really matter).

When the combined_score is higher than 71, the ball will get into the goal.

When the combined_score is lower or equal to 71, it wont be a goal.

So the value you changed from 71 to 65 is this threshold where it decides if a goal occurs or not.

The next function im interested in investigating is 700420, which is the function that calculates the goalkeeper_score. I believe that function is the key to understand why goalkeepers behave so random in this game.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MadScientist For This Useful Post:

vCash
    @Mad: Thanks for all the useful info!
    Another one for you to take a look at (which does get called from 700420) is: 00713D90
    This has 3 exit points (with the return value in AL). If you force AL to always be 0 - almost every shot on goal is a goal. Force it to always be 1 and goals are far less frequent.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

vCash
    This patch is the best thing that has ever happened to this game.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Telcontar For This Useful Post:

vCash
    @Mad: Thanks for all the useful info!
    Another one for you to take a look at (which does get called from 700420) is: 00713D90
    This has 3 exit points (with the return value in AL). If you force AL to always be 0 - almost every shot on goal is a goal. Force it to always be 1 and goals are far less frequent.
    713D90 is a very small but hard to understand function. Its basically calling 6CB6C0 function twice with different parameters and comparing the results.

Function 6CB6C0 seem to return an angle (-360 to 360) as I see its used in other places to choose between right and left foot usage.

So kind of a blind guess but I think 713D90 is checking if the goalkeeper is facing a good angle or is in a good position to make the save. 0 would mean its not, and 1 would mean it is.

When 713D90 returns 0, I see its basically giving a huge decrement to the in_match value of handling and agility during this shot, what causes the goalkeeper_score to be very low for this shot. When it returns 1, it wont give this decrement.

Big question that will help understand those goalkeeper functions is: what are the ESI+102 and ESI+103? I see they are being used everywhere and seem to range from 0 to 11, but no idea what they mean.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to MadScientist For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Is it a way to avoid being sacked by Int'l Federations even if you achieve qualifying to WC? I did with Cameroon e.g. it's non sense. I hope Nick can do something about.