Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5056575859606162 LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1532

Thread: My CM0102Patcher

Quote Originally Posted by Nick+Co View Post
    @Ratio: My code does it based on the reputation of the country - each country has a reputation value which is relatively accurate (and of course could be changed by the game editor) - so this is best way rather than having a hard coded list.
    You're right, Ižll take a look about it.

@Mad:
    ^ How sure are you about this one? Tapani's regen code is at 00602700, but I can't see any changes to the stored nation going on? But I could just be being blind/stupid! But I can't find mention of this nationality change to Tapani regens on the forum either (again, could me being rubbish and searching )
    Let me know if you have more info though.

I have used the tapani patch and it never changes nationality. example, Messi retires and an Argentine player with identical position and potential ability regenerates

Quote Originally Posted by Rodry97 View Post
    I have used the tapani patch and it never changes nationality. example, Messi retires and an Argentine player with identical position and potential ability regenerates
    Messi and Ronaldo have always come back for me as Argentinian and Portugese respectively.

There are always a few players who regenerate randomly though. That's how you get a superstar from Samoa

Hi Nick
    Great work u have done with the patch.
    It plays fantastically well on my laptop but as soon as I play it through exagear with the patch it just comes up as errors.
    Any idea how to resolve this issue ?

@was: you'll have to provide more details. I play it through exagear all the time - so which patches are you using and what errors do you get? Try it with less patches on and see if that works (and does it work for you fine without any patches?)

@was: you'll have to provide more details. I play it through exagear all the time - so which patches are you using and what errors do you get? Try it with less patches on and see if that works (and does it work for you fine without any patches?)
    I just add the patch and run it, I'm playing lussenhoff database it work's great on laptop but only through exagear the problem occurs

You didn't answer my questions. But nevermind, I tried. Good luck.

It's actually working as iv reduced some of the patches

@Mad:
    ^ How sure are you about this one? Tapani's regen code is at 00602700, but I can't see any changes to the stored nation going on? But I could just be being blind/stupid! But I can't find mention of this nationality change to Tapani regens on the forum either (again, could me being rubbish and searching )
    Let me know if you have more info though.
    This is the conversation where Tapani said he changed the regen nation randomness to be weighted so you don't get many superstars regens in small countries anymore:

Quote Originally Posted by Tapani View Post
    There is another change to the regen code, but seems like nobody has noticed .... have you seen many regens from strange countries with 2.21 patch? (You know those superstars from Cook Islands or the like? Seems like nobody misses them...)
    Quote Originally Posted by terminaator View Post
    is the nationality of the regens sometimes randomized?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapani View Post
    The original game has many (too many) regens from very strange countries - in patch 2.21 the code that picked a nation uniformly at random is now weighted, and there should be less regens from very small countries.
    However, it seems he didnt gave more details about how his weighted random algorithm works.

@Mad: Thanks! Ah yes, he does change the same code I do (I thought he'd be doing it in his function at the end) - I didn't spot that

Original 3.9.68:
    Code:
    007ABCED  |.  8B15 5023AE00             MOV EDX,DWORD PTR DS:[0AE2350]                                       <---- Num of Countries
    007ABCF3  |.  52                        PUSH EDX                                 ; /Arg1 => [0AE2350] = 0                       
    007ABCF4  |.  E8 C7121600               CALL 0090CFC0                                                  <---- Pick a random country
    Tapani 2.21:
    Code:
    007ABCED  |.  E8 506EE5FF               CALL 00602B42                                   <---- Tapani function to get a good rep country (+8E is nation's rep in those functions)
    007ABCF2  |.  8B48 71                   MOV ECX,DWORD PTR DS:[EAX+71]                  
    007ABCF5  |.  E3 29                     JECXZ SHORT 007ABD20                                     
    007ABCF7  \.  EB 1C                     JMP SHORT 007ABD15
    But, as per my original assessment, this code only gets called very rarely (i.e. if the country where the regen from has less than 100 staff)

Hi mate theres a few cm03\04 data updates around theses days would you if you get the time may be do a patcher for cm03\04 as the one you doing now thanks mate

@Hairy: No, afraid not - I did a no-cd patch for 0304 but that was it. Runs far too slow for my liking and I much prefer the previous games.

But, as per my original assessment, this code only gets called very rarely (i.e. if the country where the regen from has less than 100 staff)
    Right, so it seems the players from big reputation nations only get random nationality regens if you are playing with minimmun database. That was my case when I got Kahn regen to born as Lithianian, as there was only 71 staff in germany!

So, I guess the only things to change here is remove those < 100 checks and increase this 1/4 random to always random, and then we have a great patch!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MadScientist For This Useful Post:

Are you able to build in changing the start year in a Saturn patch? I'd like to change the start year to 2020 as I do my own data updates\transfers for this season.

No, they're specifically made to match each data update release of its time.

This is more out of curiosity than anyithing else, but do you think it will ever be possible to remove the limit of 50 players, or increase number of coaches, or directors. I assume actually the number of scouts and coaches will not be changable, because of the graphic interface involved, but you never know. That would kinda remove the need for creating "artificial" reserve teams.

Someone mentioned on the fb group, there's a solution to superkeepers, the one under misc Patches ''fixGoalieStatsV3'' i've tried it and turned most of GK to rubbish stats wise, during game didn't do much/still performed well against me , if there's something new let me know, thank you for your hard work!

Hi Nick,

First of all, let me thank you on my behalf and so many others for adding so much more life to the game! Having all these patch options in one place makes it so easy to create so many new scenarios and saves! I'm a software developer myself, and I wouldn't have the first clue where to begin, so I can appreciate your genius even more!

I have a question regarding potential further patches:
    Do you know much about how the code works out player awards, etc at the end of the season? More often than not, they usually just go to someone with a high reputation regardless as to how well they have played in comparison to other players! I wonder if there's a way to change the logic.

If I can help you out in any way whatsoever, give me a shout. If so, and you can point me in the direction of something that will help me get up and running with hex editing, then I can certainly look into it. I am historically a Java developer, mind, so don't expect any .cs files from me

Cheers,
    Jon
    Last edited by JonBetts; 14-08-20 at 11:41 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JonBetts For This Useful Post:

Hi Nick

As soon as you already did big things to that screen (i mean hidden attributes) i would ask such question

Do you know how to erase "grid" and make darkened backgournd "plain".

I photoshopped what i mean:

Quote Originally Posted by JonBetts View Post
    Hi Nick,

First of all, let me thank you on my behalf and so many others for adding so much more life to the game! Having all these patch options in one place makes it so easy to create so many new scenarios and saves! I'm a software developer myself, and I wouldn't have the first clue where to begin, so I can appreciate your genius even more!

I have a question regarding potential further patches:
    Do you know much about how the code works out player awards, etc at the end of the season? More often than not, they usually just go to someone with a high reputation regardless as to how well they have played in comparison to other players! I wonder if there's a way to change the logic.

If I can help you out in any way whatsoever, give me a shout. If so, and you can point me in the direction of something that will help me get up and running with hex editing, then I can certainly look into it. I am historically a Java developer, mind, so don't expect any .cs files from me

Cheers,
    Jon
    I can't help with player awards, but if you're interested - all my uploads (previous account: JohnLocke) in the Dowloads sections include the source code (in Java) which might be of interest.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to John Locke For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by John Locke View Post
    I can't help with player awards, but if you're interested - all my uploads (previous account: JohnLocke) in the Dowloads sections include the source code (in Java) which might be of interest.
    Nice, thanks. I'll check it out!

The other question I had was about loan limits - I believe both Tapani and Saturn both allowed you to remove the restriction of 2 at a time. I wondered if there might be a chance this could be added to the patcher in the future?

Thank you!

There are a couple of patch files already in teh Misc Patches section of the tool - IncreaseLoans and LoanUpdate

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    There are a couple of patch files already in teh Misc Patches section of the tool - IncreaseLoans and LoanUpdate
    Thank you! I was having a quick browse and noticed it in there.

my game Game freezes during 'Initialising game data
    Last edited by tiny77; 18-08-20 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny77 View Post
    my game Game freezes during 'Initialising game data
    Run the game as administrator