Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 57636465666768 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1681

Thread: My CM0102Patcher

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I'm gonna stab at:

0056D80A: 8E AC
    That's great, thanks. How does this convert, may I ask? I would like to be able to tweak this number myself if necessary.

EDIT: for example, I next want to try 75 for the value. I'm trying to balance out average rating across all positions (it's too heavily weighted towards attackers in vanilla .exe), but keeping the goals scored value realistic.
    Last edited by hodgy; 15-11-20 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danek1985 View Post
    Hi, I have a question. By the way, I am writing through a translator Can you do it so that after the season a player would have matches in the starting lineup added to those from the reserve bench, e.g. Ronaldo 33(13) matches of 36 goals, after the season there would be 46 matches of 36 goals, I like how it looks like thank you in advance and greetings
    i did it for cm3

unfortunately dont have time to transfer it to cm0102

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MarcoVanBast For This Useful Post:

I am very sorry, thank you for your answer and greetings.I like Cm3, you can find an option with these matches and goals somewhere because, as I remember well, in 98/99 there was no such counting at all
    Last edited by Danek1985; 15-11-20 at 04:18 PM.

I am very sorry, thank you for your answer and greetings.I like Cm3, you can find an option with these matches and goals somewhere because, as I remember well, in 98/99 there was no such counting at all
    here is the hint

if you are very little familiar with ollydbg you can do it with ease

0064F89C 56 PUSH ESI - apps from bench
    0064F89D 51 PUSH ECX - apps in starting lineup
    0064F89E |. 68 044A7900 PUSH OFFSET 00794A04 ; Format = "%d (%d)" - (start) (bench)
    0064F8A3 |. 52 PUSH EDX ; Arg1 => [ARG.3]

all you need is

push esi
    add ecx, esi ---- that will do the trick
    push ecx
    psuh offset %d

UPD: but these changes above will change all stats, for current season and for all past

if you want to change it only for past seasons it's a little be tricky (you need to copy paste whole function and call it from the right spot)
    Last edited by MarcoVanBast; 15-11-20 at 07:07 PM.

Could you give me all the commands how to find it, because apart from turning on ollydbg, I can't do anything else

Quote Originally Posted by hodgy View Post
    Really? Is this the intention of those tactics, or are they just harder in general like the other optional packs?
    This is the only pack i tested, and it's harder than the original data base tactics and it decreases the amount of goals to a normal amount. You can try it out or wait for the tuned down version of ''disable super keepers'' .

@Nick & Co, John Locke etc. Im getting a hard crash around the 28th of July wth no error message, game just crashes and closes. I'm wondering if its related to the patch i applied to randomize the regens. I cant remember exactly when it was applied but I think it might have been about a third of the way through the previous season. Any chance you could take a look at the save? In any case take this a feedback that the patch may be unstable. Cheers

@Treated: Upload the save somewhere along with the Data folder and cm0102.exe you are using and PM me the link

Encountering a problem in certain countries with the disable protected contracts option.

I have been playing in the Russian leagues and disabling unprotected contracts in the patcher seemingly disables the bosman ruling for the player in certain leagues. The issue is the 'Approach to sign...' option on a player when they enter the final 6 months of their contract does not appear (it does still appear on players without a club). However it only applies to certain Eastern European leagues. It leaves me unable to sign players from Russian clubs on bosmans (as well as select other leagues such as Hungary, Turkey, Croatia, Poland) - yet I can sign players on bosmans from Western European leagues.

I had not noticed this problem before when playing in Western European leagues. I did a fresh reinstall, but the problem persists. If I open the patcher and de-select 'disable unprotected contracts' then load up one of my Russian saves I can then miraculously 'Approach to sign players...', but when the option is selected I can't.

Maybe I have not paid a cut of the deals to Mr. Putin?

It certainly makes the game a lot harder, especially in Russian Division One, where you can only play 3 non EU players, there is no money, and wheeler dealing and bosmans are the order of the day!
    Last edited by SagaSaga; 19-11-20 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Spelling correction

Bosman is EU Law isn’t it? Russia and Turkey aren’t in the EU, Hungary, Croatia and Poland all joined the EU after 2003 so if you’re playing .60 or any of the official patches up to .68 then they’d also count as non EU.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Bosman is EU Law isn’t it? Russia and Turkey aren’t in the EU, Hungary, Croatia and Poland all joined the EU after 2003 so if you’re playing .60 or any of the official patches up to .68 then they’d also count as non EU.
    Yeah you are right regarding the bosman ruling, however, I have changed Hungary, Croatia and Poland in the editor to EEC. Also, this means the original game .60 and .68 have got it wrong, as without applying Nick's patcher (with 'disable protected contracts' checked). you are able to sign players on bosmans in Russia.

If this is something that has deliberately been corrected in the patch, then I guess it's just another feather in the cap of an excellent piece of work. On a positive note it slows the talent drain of top Russian players leaving the Russian premier league to countries with no work permit restrictions (Spain being the main example) - at least not on bosmans anyway.

Hi Nick,

I've just been putting a little package together that helps people get up and running on CM really quickly (I'm an admin on Facebook group so anything that saves us time is a win!), and I've included your patcher in it because I think it's the best way of people being able to customise their CM 'experience'. Hope that is ok with you? I was just wondering how easy it might be to make changes so that the patcher can be run on the command line, so that users don't even have to use your patcher themselves and it just automaticallly apply default settings. However, the "make exe portable" option can't be selected as that stops my scripts working properly from outside of the CM install folder! If it's too much work, don't worry about it, just thought I'd ask. I appreciate the fact you've even made the patcher in the first place!

Cheers,
    Jon

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JonBetts For This Useful Post:

@JonB: Sure do what you want with the patcher. Commandline would be easy enough - but a bit arduous - so not sure I have the energy to implement that right now. I'd look into my CM0102Loader too to see if that could be useful for you. Interested to know why the make portable patch would ruin your scripts? Is that because they manipulate the registry or similar?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick+Co View Post
    @JonB: Sure do what you want with the patcher. Commandline would be easy enough - but a bit arduous - so not sure I have the energy to implement that right now. I'd look into my CM0102Loader too to see if that could be useful for you. Interested to know why the make portable patch would ruin your scripts? Is that because they manipulate the registry or similar?
    Thanks mate
    Yeah sure no problem about the command line stuff. Your CM0102Loader looks like it could be very useful to me! I'll have a play around with that now - didn't even know it existed!
    My script for running the game is actually pretty simple - I have a Windows shortcut file (so I can run as admin), which runs my batch file with compatibility set to XP SP3, and it mounts the disc image, and then starts the game. Not a lot else to it. After using your patch to make the game exe portable, it just has data errors when trying to start the game up. Unticking that box in your patcher and applying the changes fixes it. It also works if I change the "starts in" folder (more info here) for the Windows shortcut to the main CM folder which is a bit odd. What does the make exe portable function actually do? I can just add something into my readme file to tell people not to select that option when using my scripts, it's not a major problem.

Edit: Ahh I just read your CM0102Loader readme about it making the exe portable by default. Bummer! Is it easy to make that configurable, do you think?

Cheers!
    Last edited by JonBetts; 21-11-20 at 05:43 PM.

Could you give me all the commands how to find it, because apart from turning on ollydbg, I can't do anything else
    look at this, you need like that or i misunderstood you? as you can see on screens you are still able to know how many games came from bench, but in general history there is total number.

That is exactly what I meant. Amazing
    Last edited by Danek1985; 22-11-20 at 02:19 AM.

That is exactly what I meant. Amazing
    you can send me your cm0102.exe and i will make it.

i could give you just offsets, but you will need to write new code, and it could get in conflict with pathes you are using.

@danek: For cm0102, you can change:
    Code:
    00886E0B      6A 01                           PUSH 1
    to
    00886E0B      6A 00                           PUSH 0
    Or patch:
    Code:
    00486E0B: 01 00
    To go from:

to:

Not sure if that's exactly what you want - but should be a good start

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

@Nick: to piggyback on this (sorry), is it possible to go one step further and only have league games in the summary (so in your Scholes example, it would say 22 apps)?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick+Co View Post
    @danek: For cm0102, you can change:
    Code:
    00886E0B      6A 01                           PUSH 1
    to
    00886E0B      6A 00                           PUSH 0
    Or patch:
    Code:
    00486E0B: 01 00
    To go from:

to:

Not sure if that's exactly what you want - but should be a good start
    great, much more easier then i done)

@hodgy: Yes Although a little more tricky.

The key is this line:
    Code:
    00886E17      8D55 04                         LEA EDX,[EBP+4]
    The byte that gets pointed to by EDX (and then pushed) points to the total number of Senior Club appearances. If you wanted to point that to just League appearances you'd need that line to change to LEA EDX,[EBP-0A8]. However, that needs more bytes as a command, so you're going to need to jump to some space and jump back. So (for a vanilla 3.9.68 exe):
    Code:
    Jump away:
    00886E17     /E9 10FE0D00                     JMP 00966C2C

00966C2C      8D95 58FFFFFF                   LEA EDX,[EBP-0A8]   <--- load League instead of total
    00966C32      51                              PUSH ECX                        <--- then do the PUSHs we had to overwrite with our big JMP
    00966C33      52                              PUSH EDX
    00966C34    ^ E9 E301F2FF                     JMP 00886E1C          <--- Jump back
    And then voila:

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

https://imgur.com/wqUjBw6

@Nick: thanks for the thorough explanation so even a rookie like me can do it!
    Last edited by hodgy; 22-11-20 at 02:54 PM.

Gentlemen, thank you very much I did what we wrote and everything works for me. Thank you MarcoVanBasten and you, Nick + Co, you are geniuses. You could say that I will enjoy the game again, which I have been playing for almost 20 years. I have never liked to let my stars and favorite players from the bench, because I wanted their story to look aesthetically Gentlemen, thank you very much Regards

Nick+Co

could you explain how did you recognize that pointer? (i mean ebx-0a8)

i know we have hugo9 thread about esi+ pointers, but there is no such infromation about pointer above

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Savchenko For This Useful Post:

@Savchenko: Good question. So I worked out that the EBP+4 was getting the total number of appearances. So I right-click the EBP register value and click "Follow in Dump". That shows that the values stored at that address and it showed that EBP+4 = total number of appearance and EBP+5 was total number of subs. (So if it was displaying it as "6 (4)" in the game, it was storing it as 10 4 (so EBP+4 = 0A and EBP+5 = 04). I could see in the game what the League values were, so I just searched near the EBP address for the values I could see. You can right click in the "hex dump" area and click through on "Search for" to find a byte pattern. I searched forward and didn't find the pattern I expected until too far away. When I searched backwards I found the values -0xa8 bytes away. Gave that a try and checked using other players, and found that to be the correct offset.

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post: