Thread: Bought game off ebay, cd/game wont work

vCash

Bought game off ebay, cd/game wont work

I can go to my pc and egt the cd up. but wehn i click on setup.exe it just doesnt do antyhing. u can hear the disk loading but nothing happens

vCash
    Hi

We haven't heard from you on ebay saying you had an issue

Try this which another member suggested and seems to work well for Windows 10 as well

Just installed this on windows 8.1 and encountered the issue with setup.exe hanging. Here is how to resolve.

1. Browse to the disk contents by going to the drive letter where the disk is (either ISO or cd-rom).
    2. Right click on SETUP.EXE, go to Properties. Click on the Compatibility tab and choose Run this program in Windows XP (service pack 2) mode and tick the box "Run this program as an administrator".
    3. Double click on setup.exe
    4. If nothing happens, open up the task manager by right clicking on the task bar and choosing Task Manager or press control + shift + escape at the same time.
    5. Go to the Details tab on the task manager and sort by name. You are looking for SETUP.EXE. If there are multiple ones running then kill them all. Click on setup.exe in the list and press the delete key or the end task button to kill the process.
    6. Run setup.exe again as per step 3 - you only want one install process running.
    7. Back in the task manager, Right click on setup.exe and hit the Analyze Wait Chain option. This will tell you what is preventing the install from running. Find that process and kill it.

In my case it was SetPoint.exe, a logitech program that controls my wireless mouse/keyboard software. As soon as I killed it the install launched.
    But try this

vCash
    I just needed this info, too, when installing a fresh (downloaded) copy and it worked like a charm.

vCash
    Hiya ive tryed that and also tryed everything on the note i got with my ebay purschase with things to download. ive done all that and its just comes up with 'error' when i try to run the game. any more suggestions? its installed but i can run it

We haven't heard from you on ebay saying you had an issue

Try this which another member suggested and seems to work well for Windows 10 as well

Just installed this on windows 8.1 and encountered the issue with setup.exe hanging. Here is how to resolve.

1. Browse to the disk contents by going to the drive letter where the disk is (either ISO or cd-rom).
    2. Right click on SETUP.EXE, go to Properties. Click on the Compatibility tab and choose Run this program in Windows XP (service pack 2) mode and tick the box "Run this program as an administrator".
    3. Double click on setup.exe
    4. If nothing happens, open up the task manager by right clicking on the task bar and choosing Task Manager or press control + shift + escape at the same time.
    5. Go to the Details tab on the task manager and sort by name. You are looking for SETUP.EXE. If there are multiple ones running then kill them all. Click on setup.exe in the list and press the delete key or the end task button to kill the process.
    6. Run setup.exe again as per step 3 - you only want one install process running.
    7. Back in the task manager, Right click on setup.exe and hit the Analyze Wait Chain option. This will tell you what is preventing the install from running. Find that process and kill it.

In my case it was SetPoint.exe, a logitech program that controls my wireless mouse/keyboard software. As soon as I killed it the install launched.
    But try this[/QUOTE]

vCash
    What is the error exactly, most are well known

vCash
    error v3.9.68 langlib..cpp 479

+

error v3.9.68 game_config.cpp 131

vCash
    Right click my computer -> Properties -> Advanced Settings -> Environment Variables

Delete anything related to CM.

Install the game again.

vCash
    tried that and same thing happens. eurgh

vCash
    Hi

Would suggest to completely uninstall everything then maybe folow step by step installation here

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3863

vCash
    done all that and still same thing. just doesnt run at all :/ so annoying

vCash
    What is the issue/error you are getting and when?

vCash
    error v3.9.68 langlib..cpp 479

+

error v3.9.68 game_config.cpp 131

before i put any updates on and after.

vCash
    Right click my computer -> Properties -> Advanced Settings -> Environment Variables

Delete anything related to CM.

Once you have done that install the game

See if it loads (this should be 3.9.60 version)

If so, apply 3.9.68 patch

Load the game, see it it loads

If it does, then apply 2018 October Patch. Load the game